Boredom Saves Errotria! [2 SPOTS LEFT!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best friend? All I see is a disposable 'Friend 2'.

Well, Friend 1 and Friend 2 are considered Renko's besties. Hmm... shoulda change it to Best Friend 1 and Best Friend 2.

You can also be one of Timmy boy's lackeys.

Reactions: Kitsune
Yeah, I really should of. Would've made things clearer instead of mentioning it in my CS. >_>

I promise 'Friend 2' isn't disposable, unless you end up killing your character. <_<

Kay, I'll take Friend 2. Probably going to have the CS up some time soonish probably.

To clarify the sandbox thing, I have a bunch of obstacles prepared for each group should they be necessary to kick things off / keep things moving, but primarily it's going to be Tim trying to defeat the Earthians at the same time as the Earthians trying to defeat Tim, since each group thinks the other is evil.

I can't be the only one who spells Errotria as Error in the head and the antagonist-ish kind of person being shortened to called Tim makes me smile.

Don't worry. I feel the harem will have already dismembered Tim before that happens.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Karyra
DAnh8DI.png

- Personal -
Name
Arata Yukimura
Nickname(s)
"Call me whatever you like! Just note that if it's too far out there, I might not respond to it."
"16, though I occasionally become 18, depending on the circumstances."
Birthday
"Don't really celebrate it anymore, but July 6th​. I'm fine with any present except for money."
Sex
"I'm a guy."
"I'm still a guy. Not sure what you were expecting there."
Sexuality
"Uh…like, I love girls? I mean, I love guys as well, but it's like, not the same thing? Yeah."

kMvp1zV.png

- Mental -
Personality
Arata Yukimura is making up for lost time, and as a result, he doesn't waste a single minute of his life. He's a straightforward individual who doesn't like to spend much time mulling over complex subjects, nor does he particularly like arguing with others. When it comes to heated debates, his favorite method of settling things is to agree to disagree, and lets the subject go. After all, while he may have passionate opinions on a variety of matters, Arata isn't going to go out of his way to assimilate others. Individuality is a wonderful thing, and the flaxen-haired youth would hate it if everyone was the same. While he doesn't waste his time debating mind-breaking social issues, Arata is highly competitive in anything that has actual rules attached to it, whether it be go or wrestling. Though people can dispute rules, they cannot break them, creating an environment in which hard work and training are rewarded.

Indeed, his highly competitive nature is probably what has shaped the entirety of his life. He's aggressive, passionate, and optimistic, a hotblooded person who pours the entirety of his energy into self-improvement. If he can't solve a problem, that just means he hasn't tried hard enough. If he can't match the sprint speed of an Olympic athlete, that just means he hasn't tried hard enough. If he can't make 100 friendly rivals, that just means he hasn't tried hard enough. His optimism is borderline naivety, and Arata does not see obstacles as unbreakable walls. He sees them as summits that he must surmount, challenges that he must face. And because of that unshakeable self-esteem, Arata believes that there is only meaning if he overcomes these challenges alone.

In the end, what he wants from his friends is not loyalty or trust or kindness. What he wants is criticism and competition, useful people that he can look up to and become inspired by. On the flip side, however, that also leads up to ostracisation from his peers. He easily grows distant from those who can't match his vim and vigour. He gives no shits about internal and emotional issues. He can't comprehend why the bullied stay in their pathetic position. Arata believes that if he can do it, everyone else can.

And that is a dangerous, cruel belief.

Mountains, Thunderstorms, Hiking, Nature, Midnight Jogging, Martial Arts, Hard Work, Rivalries, Logical Problems, Lifting, Hip Hop Music, Dairy Products, Camping, Rain, Pumpkin Pie, The Horizon, Himself

Dislikes
Couches, Mushrooms, Sunny Days, Emotional People, Electronic Music, Cigarette Smoke, Hospitals, Cowards, Philosophy, Mainstream Society, Crowds, Paperwork, Giving Up, Roller Coasters, Sex Addicts, Kamihiro Shitkaku

ozZaS6T.png

- Appearance -
Eye Color
A dull turquoise. Totally does not act as windows to his fiery soul.

Hair Color & Style
Light brown. A collection of unruly spikes that he keeps out of his eyes with a bandana or a beanie.

General Appearance
Arata is 5'5, a diminutive size for someone as physically active and enamored with milk as himself. After hitting his growth spurt early, the boy had reached a plateau, and is now wondering whether or not all the growth that was supposed to go to his height had gone to his muscles instead. He has a toned, sinewy body, bearing a physical aptitude that is centered more on stamina and prolonged stress rather than explosive strength or speed. A small scar intersects his right eyebrow, and his large hands are heavily callused. Wristbands cover the faint jagged lines that can be found on his wrists, remembers of a weaker self.

General Fashion Style
Arata's wardrobe consists of a smattering of t-shirts and sweatpants, most of them purchased from some sportswear shop nearby. A few of his shirts are more formal, though, collared, buttoned affairs that he reserves for times where he isn't anticipating any sort of impromptu runs. Generally, he mixes and matches with no actual sense of coordination, and yet, still manages to pull off the look of someone who is fashionably casual. He has a rather natural look to him, if only because he doesn't care at all what people think of his clothes.

Of course, for his hiking trips or spontaneous adventures in the rain, Arata has waterproof jackets and large backpacks.

VraUg8q.png

- Backstory -
Arata was once a sickly, gentile child, too shy to say 'hi' to strangers that his well-to-do parents introduced him to. He stayed home, played with his action figures, watched TV, and was developing into quite an anti-social kid at an early age.

That anti-social nature lead up quite naturally to a divide between his elementary school classmates, and then, to bullying. It began insidiously, a few snide remarks or a missing pencil, before devolving to violence and cruelty. He cried a lot, but his well-to-do professional parents didn't do anything.

It got worse when Arata discovered that physical pain was an easy way to ignore emotional pain. Razors could be found in the washroom drawers, and he googled quick methods of taking care of shallow wounds. Before he even graduated from elementary school, Arata was cutting his wrists, creating little nicks in his flesh to make sure his heart was still beating.

When things became the worst, Arata went too far, tore open something that he shouldn't have, and was hospitalized. As he wasted away in his sterile room, listening numbly to his parents asking him what had happened and calling up counselors to talk to him, he came to two realizations.

One, he was fucking pathetic.

Two, he hated being fucking pathetic.

Arata got his shit together and dumped it into the trash. He looked at himself once more, and decided that he was tired of his noodle arms and his pudgy face, his muffintop stomach and his stubby legs. He didn't get a counselor, nor did he name his bullies. Instead, he set those tormentors as his target. Arata wanted to grow taller, grow stronger, grow enough as a person that he could beat them all. He needed to learn, needed to train, needed to work the hardest.

And, in the end, he surmounted that first wall, by bloodying their noses and making them swear to never touch him again.

It took twelve years for him to stop being a weak little shit. After twelve years, Arata was standing on the starting line, and though he was far behind his peers, he was fine with it. He reached it with his own efforts, and his independence sparked the light of his self-esteem.

And from that starting line, he was going to sprint with all his might to surpass those that stepped on him before.

FiJFB0Z.png

- Relationships -
Gonna happen eventually.

rDqFDQu.png

- Miscellaneous -
Role
"The Main Character of my own life, obviously. Though I guess I'm also one of Renko's best friends."
Voiced By
Osaka Ryouta, the manly dude in this.

Theme Song
"This isn't a dream. This is an oath."
"Hah, well, guess this isn't too bad either."
"It's not over until I WIN!"
"There has always only been one way. Onwards, in the straightest line."

Renko's male harem best friend harem : COMPLETE!

Also, I noticed characters being bullied too much. Poor woobies.

Getting bullied was the best thing that happened to Arata. If he wasn't so thoroughly abused, he probably would have stayed a weakass midget gamer. Also, watched too much Symphogear for inspiration, so yah.

At least he doesn't turn bat crazy like Kamihiro or Anyo. C:

Yeah, that's also a point I was making.

"Jesus fuck, you guys. Stop using the fact that you were bullied as an excuse to be evil and edgy. Fucking hell, I can't believe we went to the same school."

"You... don't know me at all... Earth is as cruel as it gets to me... Y-you... You... don't know... ANYTHING!!!"

*insert epic battle scenes here*

Status
Not open for further replies.