Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
Jace locked himself into the bathroom as it was the only room in the house with a lock, and sat in the bathtub and cried. History was repeating himself -- Alexa had cheated on him. Now, there was a chance that Embry had done the same thing.

Jace had loved both women with every inch of his soul. He had dedicated his life to making sure that both women were happy and healthy and cared for and knew that they were loved. Alexa had just thrown it back in his face like he had been nothing, and Embry ... Embry was pregnant.

And it might not even be his kid.

Jasper gave up on trying to open the door and went back into the kitchen. "Let me do it," he insisted to Embry, taking the glass for her. "Don't want you to hurt yourself."

He looked up at Embry with Jace's tired expression. "You really fuckin' hurt him. It doesn't even matter if you did cheat on him or not -- after Alexa, you should have just told him right away and save yourself all this bullshit."

E M B R Y
"I know.. I get it. I'm a stupid, dumb bitch." Embry's voice was cracking. She combed her long blonde hair back and away from face.

"What do I do, Jasper?"
She bit in to her bottom lip deeply and breaking the skin. But she ignored her bloodly lip and went on. "I don't know what to do. No matter what I say, he won't listen to me."

"Tell me what to do, please."
She wiped the hot tears slipping from her eyes and sniffles.

Embry was desperate and she ha no one else to ask help from, but Jasper was his best friend and that had to count for something. All she knew was that she wanted Jace to stop hurting. It killed her inside to hear his cries from the bathroom and to know she was the reason why.

"Please?"
She breathed, clenching her fist. Embry would get down on her knees if he wanted her too. "I'll do anything."

j a c e
Jasper licked his lips and looked down at Embry.

"Look, I know you love him," he said with a sigh. "And I know he loves you, that's why he's so destroyed about this. But you can understand why he doesn't believe you, right?"

Jasper ran a hand through his hair just as Jace came out. He didn't say anything, just grabbed a bottle of Coke from the fridge and went down to the music room. In a few moments, the sounds of melodic, sorrowful piano could be heard throughout the entire house.

"Maybe if you get Isaac to confirm that he kissed you, he might come around." Jasper pinched the bridge of his nose. "And, I don't know, get a paternity test when the kid is born."

E M B R Y
"A paternity test." Embry repeated slowly, licking the blood from her lips.

To have to resort to a paternity test, to the facts and knowledge coming from doctors because she could no longer be trusted. It hurt. It really hurt, it felt as she had been hit by a wrecking ball. This was really her reality now.

But even with this test, it wouldn't complete dissolve the rumors. Not with the public anyway, it still could have mean she slept with her bandmate behind his back, but he was the one to conceive the child. And even still, Luna wouldn't be born until at least three months from now.

What was she to do 'til then?

"I'll get Isaac." She mumbled, walking away and to the front door where she knew he was sitting on the steps.

It was a cold thing to do, call him back inside for her own sake. But she couldn't care less about anything than Jace in this time. The only thing she feared was that he'd say something horrid to him again. She would not stand for that.

"I need you." Was all she said, but he knew. And by the way he clenched his teeth, she could tell he was reluctant to do what he had to. Yet, he allowed her to frag him inside.

j a c e
For a solid three minutes, Jace had completely ignored Jasper's attempts to coax him away from the piano. He didn't want to talk to Embry, or Isaac, or even Jasper. He felt like absolute shit. He didn't want to see or talk to anyone.

But, somehow, Jace found himself leaning against the fridge in the kitchen as Embry came back in with Isaac.

Jace pointedly ignored Embry and instead fixed his intense, emotionless gaze on Isaac. He contemplated getting a knife from the block beside him and stabbing the bassist, but he didn't particularly fancy going to prison over this fucker so he refrained from doing so.

He waved his hand pointedly. "Get on with it, I want to go back to my fucking music room."

E M B R Y
In spite of Jace deliberately ignoring her, she stared at him, biting her already cut bottom lip deeply. She picked at her finger nail cuticles roughly as she watched and waited for Isaac to speak, and hopefully clear up everything. If this didn't help even a little, she really would be at a loss on what to do next.

Isaac clenched his jaw and sighed through his nose. "You were right, okay?" He said bitterly.

Embry opened her mouth to protest, he wasn't right about the cheating. And it confused her as to what Isaac was doing, but he spoke before her.

"She was happy and I wasn't. So, that night, I thought if kissed her, and there was any doubt at all, I could steal her from you." He rubbed the back of his neck and groaned, there was no apologetic tone to his voice, it was just bitter facts."But she only fucking cares about you and your baby. I even got punched for it. And now your doubting her loyalty to you because I gave her one or two measly kisses?"

He looked over to Embry who shook her head at him. No, she didn't want him to go on and make a mistake by insulting Jace again.

Last edited:
j a c e
Jace's jaw clenched and he listened to Isaac silently. He listened to the other man's words and Jasper put his hand on Jace's arm to steady him, as if he was afraid he'd attack Isaac.

Jace wanted to.

He closed his eyes for a moment. There was a hint of uncertainty lurking in the back of his mind, but as much as he had been hurt in the past, he wanted to believe Embry. He wanted to believe her so badly, he could feel his chest aching and his head throbbing.

He loved her. He loved her so much.

Jace gave a dry, tearless sob and opened his eyes, stumbling forward and pulling Embry into a hug. Jasper audibly breathed a sigh of relief and Jace kissed Embry on the top of the head, then the neck, then the cheek.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. He felt horrible for not trusting her, for not believing her and for thinking she could hurt him like that.

E M B R Y
Embry's vision blurred with droplets in her eyes, she closed her eyes and held Jace close, or as close as possible considering her bump in between them. She put her arms around him and knotted her fingers in the back of his shirt, balling her fist and holding on tightly. Very tightly, as if her life depended on it.

Her life did. Jace and Luna, they were her life now, she could lose everything else, but it wouldn't matter unless she lost them. And she had been so close to losing Jace. She had never imagined such a painful, agonizing thing could be possible.

"I love you." Embry gagged, burying her face in his chest.

She still felt hurt and sick and feverish, even a little faint, like she would lose consciousness any minute. But over all else she felt relieved. Relieved and happy to be able to hold Jace again.

Isaac silently took a few steps back and lowered his head.

j a c e
Jace was on the verge of tears, but he bit them back and held onto Embry tightly. He was racked with guilt, guilt for making her this way, for not believing her, for taking out his Alexa-induced insecurities on his beautiful, stunning, loving, faithful fiancee. He felt sick.

Jace looked up at Isaac. "Thank you for being honest, I guess," he said in a cracked voice.

"Come on," Jasper said to Isaac, nodding to the door. "Let's just let them sort this out."

Jace gave his best friend a grateful look and Jasper nodded in return, ushering Isaac out of the house. Once Jace had heard the door click shut, he picked up Embry like a little doll and carried her over to the couch.

He left, but came back with two large bowls of chocolate ice cream, covered in chocolate sauce, sprinkles, whipped cream and chocolate milk to make a float. He handed one of them to her and sat down.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. "I should have believed you."

E M B R Y
"I should have told you before." Embry casted her eyes to the bowl of ice cream in her hands and sighed. "If I had been completely honest with you from the beginning ... I'm sorry, Jace."

She reached for his right, bandaged hand, the very one she might as well have inflicted on him herself. Holding it delicately in her own, she brushed her fingers lightly, but tenderly against his palm."I didn't mean to hurt you."

She gulped and slowly lifted her eyes to meet his. "But I love you. I love you so fucking much." Words would never be enough to show him how much she truly loved him. "You're the man I want and will marry and the father to our child. And nothing will change that."

j a c e
Jace had to choke back his own tears. He lifted his left hand to cup the side of Embry's face and he leaned in for a soft, tender kiss, closing his eyes.

"I'm sorry for not believing you," he whispered against her soft skin. "I love you more than anything in the entire world. That will never change and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

He took a spoonful of ice cream and put it in her mouth.

"Eat," he said with a soft chuckle. "It'll make you feel better."

E M B R Y
The ice cream did make her feel better. She smiled at him happily, eating small spoons of the heavenly goodness. The toppings he added had only made it it even better.

"Will you tell your parents it's all a big misunderstanding?" She asked quietly after a little while.

She hadn't even bothered opening her Twitter yet. But if Eadlyn specifically told her not to, she could imagine what was on their. However, her main concern was his opinions and she didn't want his family to start thinking badly of her.

"I just don't want them be confused or anything." Embry rubbed her stomach where Luna lied.

j a c e

"Of course I'll tell them," said Jace softly. He was expecting a call soon, from his mother, sister, brother, anyone. And he'd defend Embry to the end, because he trusted her and loved her and believed her.

"You'll probably have to explain this debacle to your parents." He doubted Vanessa and Richard would be very impressed with the media's take on this shitty scenario.

Jace hated that this had happened, but he hated his reaction more. He had let his past cloud his judgement of his fiancee and that was despicable.

"So what's going to happen with you and Isaac?"

E M B R Y
"I don't know," Embry shut her eyes, sighing deeply. It was tiring and painful to even think about it. At this moment, she wasn't sure what they were supposed to be. "I don't even want to look him right now. But I'm glad he at least had the decency to tell you the truth."

She snuggled up onto the couch and laid her head against his shoulder.
"I don't know,"Again she said, reopening her eyes.

"What do you think?" Embry murmured, asking for his honest opinion. Because whatever happened between them, she wanted to hear how he felt on the matter first. And she did not wish to make any mistakes like she had earlier.

j a c e
Jace sighed heavily through his nose, set his bowl aside and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, holding her to his chest. He closed his eyes and tried to look past his anger, to think rationally. To think of what would be best for Embry.

"Honestly, I want to punch him in his stupid, smarmy face," he said through gritted teeth. Jace opened his eyes and looked down at her.

"But ... I don't want to break your band up." That was the absolute last thing he wanted. "I think you should do what you think is right."

E M B R Y
"I'll figure it out." Embry put her arm around him and rubbed her hand up and down his side soothingly. "All I want to do now is cuddle with you all day."

She pinched her lips and immediately winced, having forgot the cut on her lips. "It's the worst, to have be put in such a shitty scandal. I'm not even going to open my social media today." Murmured Embry, she knew it would be worse than when they kicked Hayden their first drummer out, or when Orion joined the band and even when their relationship went public.

"But what bothers me most is that Luna has been exposed before she's even born." She huffed, squeezing her eyes shut in irritation."That's not fair."

j a c e
Jace pursed his lips. People knew about Luna, sure, there was no way to hide Embry's baby bump anymore and it wasn't like they could keep her cooped up inside until she gave birth. But Jace hated the fact that his little princess had already been the topic of a scandal, before she was even born.

"Well, there's nothing we can do about it," he said in a tone that indicated he strongly wished that there was. He pulled back and grabbed a small tub of Vaseline from the drawer in the stand beside the couch, and smeared some on her sore lip.

"No, it's not fair, but at least we're not exploiting her like a Kardashian." Jace sighed heavily and kissed her on the forehead. "We'll just have to issue statements -- Isaac too -- and hope the fire dies down."

That was all they could do, and while it didn't feel like enough, Jace knew it would help somewhat.

E M B R Y
"I suppose that's all we can really do." Embry agreed with a nod. She really couldn't see any other way, so she would take what they had. It would help, if only a little. But a little could go a long way.

"I would be content if it went away considerably before she's
born." She lightly touched her bottom lip where the salve lied. And in spite of the situation at hand, she somehow managed a tiny smile, hardly visible, but it was there.

"With you as her father, I know she'll be perfectly fine."

j a c e
Jace managed a small, hopeful smile. All he wanted was to be a good husband to Embry and a good father to their precious little Luna Shae. He wasn't going to let this hiccup, this little setback, ruin them forever. He was quite disgusted with his previous reaction to this situation.

"And with you as her mother, she will be the luckiest baby in the world," Jace murmured with a small smile, leaning in and kissing the end of her nose.

He looked down at his right hand. "I'm an idiot," he declared.

E M B R Y
Embry's eyebrows furrowed and she instantly found herself pulling back from her place nestled against him. "You are not an idiot." Her voice was firm and made it clear she had already decided it so, that nothing would change her mind about it.

She followed his gaze and stated at his wounded hand knowingly. Her heart bled she thinking about what had occurred only little while to go. She had been hurt, but he had too. And she knew it must of had to do with his past relationship with Alexa. Yet, she didn't Alexa had left deep scars that would intervene with their relationship.

It only angered her. She hated Alexa for doing that to him, and herself for not being able to see it before as well as for her lack of honesty.

"You are not an idiot, "
Embry repeated, taking his right hand."You're just a human being. A gorgeous," She kissed his knuckles softly, careful not to hurt him."Thoughtful,"A kiss to his palm."Clever," His nose."And loving,"
His lips, but she stayed longer there."Human being."She finished."And as a human being, it's natural to make mistakes."

Regardless of her next words, she cuddled up against him anyway. Speaking softly,"So, don't talk about my fiancé and Luna Shae Lesecki's father like that again or I'll kick your ass."