Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
j a c e
Jace rolled his eyes and nudged her. "All dry," he said, as he tugged her into a little restaurant and found a table in the back for them to sit at.

Jace pulled the images of Luna out of her bag and set them out on the table for them to view. He traced his fingers over the outline of their daughter, their beautiful little Luna who he loved so much.

"So perfect," he whispered, closing his eyes in content as a small smile crept across his face. He wished he could tattoo Luna's figure onto the back of his eyelids so he could see her in his dreams.

"Did you have any ideas for middle names?" he asked. "Since I picked the first name."

E M B R Y

Embry smiled wondrously at Luna's silhouette and watched as Jace traced her outline with his slender fingers. Getting lost in the images of Luna took no effort at all. The unbor baby was too mesmerizing to look away from.

She was really going to be a mother.

"I thought of a few or so." Embry answered him after registering his voice through her trance of wonder. She ripped her eyes away from Luna's pictures and continued on.

"I was thinking something short and beautiful. Namely, Elle or Rose or Shae."

j a c e
Jace forced himself to put the images back in their envelope. He wanted to have some one-on-one time with Embry, and that wasn't going to be achieved if they were transfixed completely by their precious little daughter.

"I like Shae," he murmured, just as the waitress came over.

She spoke in German, but that wasn't an issue for Jace. Once he knew what Embry wanted he ordered for the both of them in fluent German and smiled at the waitress as she left.

"My mother speaks German," he explained.

E M B R Y

"Shae,"
Embry noted quietly.

She watched Jace interact with the waitress to order their dished. Though, she couldn't understand anything they were saying, she knew she was still getting her steak dish that she wanted. And that was good enough for her.

"Is that where she's from, Germany? It's clear that your father is from Italy."

She couldn't help but smile at the mention of Tanya and Terrence Lesecki, his parents. They had been do kind and she quickly grew fond of them.

j a c e
"Yeah, she's half German and half Irish so we also speak Gaelic, as well as Italian, from my dad." Jace sipped his lemonade and nudged Embry's foot under the table, just to tease her, with a happy smile on his face. He felt so happy, like nothing could go wrong.

"I also speak French, just because I wanted to learn it in high school. And Spanish. And some Russian." He scratched his nose. "My mom was big on languages."

Their food came and Jace tucked into his loaded fries -- which were just fries with pasta sauce and cheese on top.

"I plan to teach Luna every language I know from the get go so she'll speak seven languages by age twelve and everyone will think she's a genius."

E M B R Y

"She will be a genius if that's the case."
Embry smiled, bumping the toe of her shoe against his foot gently in response.

"You should have Russian and Dutch at the top of the seven with German, Gaelic and Italian." She forked her sliced steak ontop of her golden scrambled eggs. She also made sure to eat a fork of her generous helping of green beans on the side. Not that she was a huge fan of vegetables, but she had started eating more health foods for the baby, Luna.

"Russian and Dutch are the only other languages I know because my mother is half and half. You can't tell because she's trained herself out of her accent because it was incredible thick." Of course sometimes that Russian accent slipped through.

j a c e
"Luna Shae Lesecki, the ten-year-old polyglot." Jace smirked slightly, enjoying the sound of that title. He wanted his daughter to have every opportunity to succeed in any and every area she wished. He would have no problem sparing expenses for any hobby she liked.

"I just realised something," he said with a small frown. "We should probably move in together."

They still lived in different houses and since they were about to have a child, Jace figured they should probably combine the two. He licked his lips and took another bite of his food.

E M B R Y
"I suppose I can always make room for you at home." Embry was joking of course. She lived in an apartment, and Jace had a house which she was certain would have note than enough room for her. And naturally Luna.

"We should work on that as soon as we get back. Before I become huge and hard to maneuver."

By the time they would return, she'd be six months along and have a larger bump. But, hopefully, it wouldn't prevent or tire her from helping with the move. And she so desperately wanted to decorate the nursery too.

j a c e
The tour was over. It had been amazing, but Jace had been feeling homesick and he'd been ecstatic to move Embry in.

Now, he sat on the couch in his house with his six-month-pregnant fiancee folded in his embrace. She was officially moved in, and his house was now her home. They were going to start decorating one of the spare bedrooms as Luna's nursery.

"I love you," Jace told Embry, kissing her softly on the lips. "Welcome home."

Home. His house was no longer just a house now, it was a home. A place where he could be happy with his family, with his fiancee and his baby on the way. Their little Luna.

Jace bent over and kissed her swollen belly, round with his child.

E M B R Y
"I'm happy to be home and I love you too." Embry smile a soft, but genuine smile.

Nothing felt as right and natural as moving in with Jace, her beloved fiance and father to their child. There wasn't a thing she was nervous or worried about. The only feeling she had felt for the occasion was excitement and eagerness.

Here, in the arms of the person she loved most in the world and beyond, she had felt comfortable, warm and very much at home. She had never felt so at home as she did now. For her, home would always be with Jace. And with their Luna too.

As if on cue, said Luna sent a kick to Embry's belly. And for Embry it felt like butterflies in her stomach, but she could distinguish it as kick instead of simple movement.

Embry was excited, it was her first kick.

"I think Luna is also very happy to be home."

j a c e

Jace grinned and kissed Embry's belly. Then --

"Embry, our child just kicked me in the face."

He pulled away and flicked Embry lightly on the stomach. "No, Luna. Bad Luna. You're grounded. No TV, no video games, no going out."

He looked up at her with a smirk. "I am a spectacular parent."

Last edited by a moderator:
E M B R Y
Embry rolled here eyes, chuckling through her words."Yeah, you're the boss," She kissed his cheek lovingly.

"Unfortunately, I can not enforce your punishment since she's still in me. So, she'll get to do all that anyway."

Embry patted her round stomach gently, feeling Luna move once again. "I'm sure you can have a talk with her three months from now on the subject."

It was strange to think the due date was so close, but yet so far away. She was eager beyond belief to have their daughter. Yet, she was also afraid of how labor would go. What if something went wrong and how much would it hurt?

Last edited:
j a c e

"Bother." Jace scowled but grinned and rubbed Embry's stomach absently, feeling the little baby roll around.

"She's gonna be a gymnast or something," he murmured. "Trapeze artist, maybe. Ballet dancer."

He looked up at Embry and planted a small kiss on her lips. "I love you. And you're going to be an amazing mother."

He knew that. She was an amazing person and it was only right she'd be an amazing mother.

E M B R Y
"I hope you're right about that." Embry murmured, nuzzling her face into the crook of his neck and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Otherwise, you're Luna's only hope." She kissed his neck softly and put her arms around him. Turning to hold him would be inconvenient with her bulbing belly in the way, so she stuck to the side. "I love you so much."

"I'm hungry. Will you make something?"
She made her cutest pleading face. "Like those chocolate chip pancakes you made way back before?"

Last edited:
j a c e

Jace practically melted at Embry's pouty face and hopped up to carry her over to the bench, where he sat her down on a bar stool and moved around the room, gathering the required ingredients.

"You spoken to Isaac?" he asked as he cooked. As much as the male angered Jace, he wanted Embry to have friends. He wanted her to be on good terms with her band members.

He had no idea if Isaac and Embry had spoken recently but he hoped they had.

"If not, I think you should invite him over for dinner or something. I'll leave so he doesn't get triggered."

E M B R Y
"I did, a little while back before we came home." Embry sighed lightly and let her eyes fall to her sparkly and dear engagement ring. "He made it pretty clear he didn't want to see me for a while."

The frustration she felt with him was parallel to her sadness for having to hurt him. Still, she couldn't stand his avoidance of her. And would not leave it be.

"I think I will invite him over for dinner anyway. I guess he'll come if you're not here." She paused, stroking the ring on her finger absentmindedly."Then again, it's also your house, our house now. I'll take him out."

j a c e

Jace gritted his teeth as he flipped pancakes. He had caused a rift between Embry and her friend. He felt bad, but he didn't at the same time. He had gotten the girl of his dreams.

How could he feel bad?

"That's a good idea," he murmured, setting a stack of pancakes in front of her and piping whipped cream and chocolate sauce on top, as well as giving her a tall glass of Coke because he was spoiling her.

"In other news, Jasper threatened to leave the band if he's not both my best man and Luna's godfather."

E M B R Y
"He can absolutely be your best man. That's your best friend." Embry laughed sweetly and joyously dug into her stack of delicious whipped cream and chocolate sauce topped pancakes.

She was more than happy to dwell on something else besides her issues with Isaac. And this news was very happy making. "He'll have to battle out the godfather position with Eadlyn though. He requested, actually, demanded it. So either that or filling in the position as godmother."

Embry shifted in her seat slightly and drank from her glass of cola.

j a c e

Jace smirked at that and leaned against the bench, watching Embry eat as if it was the most exciting thing that he had ever witnessed.

"Maybe we should rent out a boxing ring," he mused. "Then they can battle to the death, and whoever comes out victorious can be the godfather."

He realised he had just said, and rolled his eyes. "And I did not just intentionally reference my own song, I promise."

E M B R Y
"If you had kept quiet I wouldn't have noticed."Embry smirked, patently amused by his unintentional reference pun.

She leaned over the bench between them, rising from her seat slightly, to peck him on his lips. A sweet kiss, literally considering the sweet foods she had consumed only a moment ago.

"I've done worse, and on purpose. So, I won't judge."