Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
An overwhelming sense of comfort and familiarity washed over Jace when Embry came into the room. It didn't matter how mad or upset he had been before -- all he felt now was happiness and relief when his wife joined him, even if she looked mad at him for being stupid and getting so ridiculously drunk. He deserved it. He was an idiot.

"I'm sorry," he apologised irrationally, leaning back against the cushions she so kindly elevated for him. He had to use his right arm to move his left one, and it hurt, but he just winced through the pain. He knew he was lucky that he had come out of that with just a broken arm -- he had hit his head on the stairs, and it was scary to think that that could have resulted in actual death.

"Better, now that you're here."

"Ew." Jasper stood up and gathered his things. "I'm going to go and spread the news that you're alive to the others, Jace, Ashley nearly had a heart attack when I told them."

"Shit." He was a moron. "Tell her I said sorry."

Once Jasper had left, Jace reached out for his wife with his good arm and took her hand. "I'm sorry, Embry, I'm a fucking loser. Where's Luna?"

E M B R Y
"You're not loser," Embry held his hand close. She was so happy to see him awake and operating on his own without any major difficulties. All she wanted to do was hug and hold him close but she was afraid even the lightest touch may hurt him. Instead, she sufficed with holding his hand and leaning in to kiss his cheek. "And even if you were a loser, you're still mine."

Despite the doctor's reassurance that everything would be okay, she worried until he woke. Okay or not, he still had to go into surgery for that arm. To be honest, she felt guilty about all of it, it was her fault he resorted to drinking and one thing led to another.

Her hold on his hand tightened some. "Luna is outside with Eadlyn, I asked him to watch her for a little. I didn't know if you'd be strong enough to see her yet."

Admittedly, watching Luna was not Eady's original goal when he came but he did want to help her out. The infant had been sleeping for the longest now and Embry was sure she'd probably be awake. Sadly, Embry didn't have the same luxury of sleeping without a care in the world. She was too wired.

"Do you want to see her?"
Embry leaned against the bed and used her free hand to run her fingers through his dark hair.

Last edited:
j a c e

Jace nodded fervently when Embry asked if he wanted to see Luna. Of course he wanted to see Luna. He missed his baby girl like crazy when he wasn't with her for more than thirty minutes. It horrified him to know that if he had been holding Luna when the accident happened, she could have been seriously hurt, or worse.

When Eadlyn brought her in, Jace stifled a sob and held out his good arm for Luna. When she was placed against his chest, he leaned back into the pillows, carefully cradled his daughter against his chest with his good arm and closed his eyes for a moment. The little infant, who seemed to pick up on her father's distress, made a small noise and touched his face with her little hand. Jace kissed it and then kissed his baby's cheek.

"Thanks for looking after her," he said to Eadlyn, who was really a great person who Jace liked a lot.

He looked to Embry, his stunning wife whom he loved more than anyone else on the planet, and realised the stress and trauma he must have put her through with his foolish actions. Not only had he injured himself, but he had also potentially put his wife and child in danger. Not to mention the guilt she was most likely experiencing over the lie she had told.

"This isn't your fault."

E M B R Y
Embry waited for Eadlyn to leave them before saying anything back. She sat down in the chair beside his bed and the instant relief of being off her feet was enormous. The exhaustion was soon to follow, hitting her like a ton of bricks. Her shoulders slumped and she leaned so her back was resting against the pillow.

"But, you know it kind is, right?"
She spoke up, brushing her fingers through her long blonde hair. Her eyes were on the floor nd she bit her lip deeply.

And it was her fault no matter how she thought about it. If she had completely opened up to it all they wouldn't be here. But she always made dumb decisions when it came to the truth nd trying to keep people, trying to keep him. Ultimately, her bad decision making led to it.

"It's the same thing with what happened with the Isaac scandal. If had told you when it happened we wouldn't have even ... "
Trailing off, she closed her eyes briefly. It wasn't something she could forget easily when it was so similar to now in a different way. "You hurt yourself again."

Last edited:
j a c e

Jace listened to Embry but he was shaking his head the entire time. It wasn't her fault. She had made a mistake, yes. He had been upset about it, yes. But she had not bought that vodka for him, nor had she forced him to drink it, nor did had she made him fall down those stairs. Jace had made the conscious, sober decision to drink himself into oblivion and it was entirely his fault that he had ended up with a broken arm.

"Embry," he said quietly, opening his eyes and looking at his wife pleadingly. "This isn't your fault. I'm the one who got drunk so I'm the one who's going to be held accountable for this. Not you. I won't let you blame yourself, okay, baby?"

He beckoned her over gently so as to not disturb Luna, who was snuggled up on his chest and peering at Jace with those stunning blue eyes she had inherited from her father. "Come sit."

E M B E R
Hesitantly, Embry moved from her spot on the chair and sat at the edge of his bed. She scooted closer to him and more into the bed before leaning back against the cushions at his side and ribbing their baby girl's back soothingly, the way she did whenever she cried or was tired. It wasn't only soothing for her, but for Embry too.

Nothing had felt more right, lovely, comfortable and warming than being in bed with her family. The family she was so lucky to have, the one who loved her regardless of her moronic actions. Therefore, she was the luckiest woman alive.

Embry put her arms around Jace very carefully as not to hurt him. Honestly, she was afraid to touch him at all in the fear of injuring him further. She caressed his face with one hand and looked deeply into it for a moment.

"I'm so happy you're okay, I don't know what I would've done if you weren't."

She continued to pick at her nails, but she looked at him when saying, "I love you."

Last edited:
j a c e

Jace moved aside a little for Embry and continued to carefully cradle their baby to his chest so she didn't slip or fall. He then let Embry caress his face. He'd let her do whatever she wanted if it reassured her.

"I love you too," he whispered, carefully kissing her on the lips. "And ... I'm over the thing with Erin. I really am. I'm just glad that I have you."

The door opened and in came a doctor in a white coat with a clipboard in his hand. He gave the small Lesecki family a smile and Jace smiled back, though warily, since he was slightly nervous as to what he would say. He didn't know the extent of his injuries.

"You're very lucky, Mr Lesecki," said the doctor, after introducing himself as Dr Williams. "You have no long-lasting head trauma but your left arm will be broken for a couple of weeks."

"Crap." Jace sighed. He was left-handed so he wouldn't be able to play music for a couple of weeks.

"Your wife can take you home in a few hours."

E M B R Y
Embry managed to smile wit the knowledge of knowing they'd be able to go home soon. The news of his arm being in a cast for a while wasn't lovely at all, but she was still just happy he wasn't completely incapacitated or dead. So, not one complaint came from her.

She sat up, sitting with her back straight and addressed the doctor.
"Around what time do you think we can leave?" Rushing him out wasn't on her agenda, but she really did just want to go home with both her husband and child. Home, where they comfortable.

"Do you need to do a check-up?" She chewed on the corner of her bottom lip. "Is there any important instructions to taking care of his arm?"

j a c e

"We need to perform a quick exam on his arm, but that won't take more than ten minutes," the doctor assured Embry. "I have to see another patient so I'll come back in about an hour and do the exam. So, you can take him home in two hours."

Jace nodded and the doctor left. Luna started crying, so Jace handed her over to her mother so she could feed. Jace himself rubbed his wife's back and gave her a small, playful grin.

"You're cute when you're worried about me." He leaned in and kissed her. "But don't worry. I'm fine."

E M B R Y
"I just wanted to be sure." Embry squeezed his hand once before cradling Luna so that she could nurse. She had first put the baby in her pink blanket so that she'd be warm and then she began to feed her.

"I suppose I'll have to help you out a lot,"
She noted, giving his arm a slightly concerned look. She didn't mind in the least, in fact, she wanted to help and cater to him. He had done it for her practically every day and she hadn't been suffering from any injury.

"I'll take care of you,"
promised Embry before she leaned in and gave him a kiss of her own. "So, don't be shy or too stuck up to ask for anything or help."

j a c e
Jace's arm was decreed to be well enough that he could go home, and go home he did, with his wife and daughter and a bottle of medication to ease the pain. He couldn't drive, which made him annoyed because that was just another thing he was unable to do, but he'd live. He requested they go through KFC to get dinner on the way home, which luckily was achievable, and soon, Jace was home.

He set the bucket of fried chicken down on the kitchen bench and got out plates, not caring that Embry had said she'd take care of him because there was some things he could still do for himself, and he would do them. He dished out their dinner and poured them both some Coke, before putting everything on a tray, balancing that tray between his hand and chest, and carried it into the living room.

"Bianca's going to laugh her ass off at me." Jace's twin would find this entire debacle hilarious. "Jasper's probably already tweeted about it."