Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e

"Good to know."

Jace automatically put his hands on her waist to steady her so if she were to slip, she wouldn't hurt herself, or their Luna. He sat her back down and cleared her dishes for her.

"I really hope you make up with Isaac tomorrow," he told her earnestly. He had almost suffered a breakup of his own band, and it had been excruciating.

Isaac seemed pissed enough to actually break up Insanity Not Sound, and Jace wouldn't be able to live with himself if that happened.

Because it would undeniably be his fault.

E M B R Y
"Me too." Embry murmured, seating herself again.

As much as a pain Isaac was being, he was still one of her oldest, closest friends and she loved him. She wanted to be able to sit and talk with him in comfort again and not only see him in gatherings. She hated their situation.

But she would never give up Jace. The thought was pure blasphemy. And maybe seeing her have his child only made that clear to him.

"I'm sure It'll all turn out fine."
She assured Jace because he looked just as worried. And it was endearing, especially when knowing that he didn't particular like Isaac yet still wanted the best between them.

j a c e

"I hope so."

Jace cleaned up the kitchen, then lead Embry into the nursery, where a mobile with musical notes hung over the crib.

"I bought it for her when we were in Paris," he told Embry softly, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and gently kissing her on the top of the head. "As a surprise."

Jace lowered a hand to rub Embry's belly slowly, feeling their Luna kick against her skin.

"I love you. The both of you."

E M B R Y
"I love you too." Embry laid her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes.

She was happy. Everything was falling into place in a very pleasing way. She was going to have a baby with Jace. They were going to get married. And she was determined to work things out with Isaac.

So, when the next night came for her to have dinner with her bsndmate she made a reservation at his favorite restaurant and dressed nicely for the occasion. She really wanted things to go over smoothly between them, so she was putting in obvious effort.

"I don't know how long I'll be."
Embry said to Jace at the door. Because obviously she and the bassist would probably have a lot to talk on. But she didn't feel like staying out too late. She was a pregnant who needed her rest.

"But you'll wait up for me, won't you?" She reached her hand up to play with his hair.

j a c e
Jace walked Embry to the door with his hand on her back almost protectively, steadying her. He felt a little uncomfortable letting her out without him but he knew Isaac would take care of her.

"Of course I will," Jace assured her, leaning over and kissing her on the forehead.

"I love you. Stay safe. Eat lots of greens."

Once she had left, Jace went downstairs to his music room to practice a couple of new songs he had been secretly working on.

Last edited by a moderator:
E M B R Y
Embry returned home after a few hours, approximately three to four.

She quietly closed the door behind herself and slipped out of her red ballet flats. Her feet hurt despite not walking on them too much while she was out. She was happy to be home though.

Yet, she felt a little edgy after everything that had happened. And she knew she had asked Jace to wait up for her, but she was hoping he had went to bed anyway, now that she was home. Because for once she didn't want to see him, at least not the moment.

"I'm back." She said softly, more to herself than to make it be known to her fiancé.

j a c e
Jace popped up from behind the kitchen counter. "Welcome home, princess," he said happily as he piped some whipped cream onto the cocoa he had made her.

"How'd it go?" he inquired. He lead her over to the couch and set the cocoa and a bowl of chocolate-dipped strawberries on the table in front of her.

He was being extra but he didn't care.

"Did you work things out with Isaac?"

Last edited by a moderator:
E M B R Y
Embry half smiled and reached for her drink of cocoa. "It went ... Okay." She replied and sipped her hot cocoa. It was delicious and she didn't know what she had done to deserve it, to deserve Jace.

It made it hard for to choose whether or not to tell him everything that had happened.

She looked at her toes and sighed."We had dinner and walked and talked. He's not mad at me anymore and we're on talking basis again. But he just needs a little time to himself."

The blonde had decided he didn't need to know every detail. She wanted both men to eventually be on good terms. And telling him that Isaac had kissed her twice and passionately both times was not going to help. She was still trying to hide the red in her lips by eating the strawberries.

j a c e
"That's good, at least you've made some progress." Jace was sufficiently pleased. He leaned back into the couch, put an arm around Embry's shoulders and held her to his chest, turning up the heat with the remote to the thermostat since it was nearing fall and therefore growing chilly.

"How's our little moonchild?" Jace asked with a small smirk on his face, using his other hand to rub Embry's belly softly. She was getting bigger every week, growing with Jace's excitement and anticipation to welcome their little Luna to the world.

It still shocked him to know that he was going to be a father within a matter of months, but he couldn't have been happier. He felt on top of the world, like nothing could go wrong or bring them down.

Ha.

"Hey moon, please forget to fall down, hey moon, don't you come down ..."

E M B R Y
The next morning Embry awoke to the sound of constant ringing coming from her phone. She moaned softly and rolled over to answer it without checking who it was. Instead, she checked the clock for the time.

It was almost ten, she had slept in. Not that she cared, she needed her rest for both herself and Luna. And she had stayed up late.

"Hello?" She answered groggily.

"You're only just now getting up?" Eadlyn spoke from in the other side of the phone."Em, I am confused as hell, but don't log on to Twitter."

"What now?" She sighed, still half-asleep.

"I'll text you why."
He hung up on her and Embry stretched her arms out waiting to receive the text.

She was surprised when she saw it was an article, but only rolled her eyes. What nonsense rumors would they be spreading this time?

The color drained from her face when she saw the cover picture being her and Isaac. Kissing. Or at least it looked as if they were kissing, in reality it was only him doing the kissing. But by the way the picture was taken made it look otherwise.

He had his arms around her and hers around his neck, but that was only because she had just hugged him.

She only skimmed the article, but it was suggesting that she and Isaac were seeing one another behind Jace's back. And that their baby, their Luna was possibly not even his child.

And to top it off, they added a photo of the second kiss, which ultimately had been more passionate, and it showed.

Embry felt sick. But she didn't confine herself to the bed. She wanted to speak with Jace about it before he saw it, if he hadn't already.

"Jace," Embry called, rising from her seat.

j a c e
Jace stood in the kitchen with one hand holding a glass of water and the other hand holding his phone. He wore a completely expressionless look on his face as his bright blue eyes remained fixated on his device, on the article a hundred thousand people had tagged him in on Twitter.

On the pictures of Embry and Isaac, engaged in two passionate kisses. On the speculations that she was cheating on him.

On the speculations that Luna wasn't even Jace's child.

She called out his name and Jace put his phone away as he pointedly avoided her gaze. He couldn't think. He couldn't feel. He was blinded by the idea that Embry, the woman he loved more than anything in the entire world, had lied to him. Had cheated on him. Was carrying another man's child.

Jace smashed the glass in his hand against the bench so hard that the water spilled out all over the bench and the fragments lodged in his hand, causing blood to mix with the other liquid. He didn't even notice it. He didn't acknowledge it at all. In fact, he kept a stony, impassive look on his face as he stared at the wall above Embry's head.

"You ... what the fuck am I supposed to say to this?" Jace asked in a whisper.

E M B R Y
Embry froze upon watching the glass shatter and leaving his hands bloody. Her heart was palpitating as she stood in her spot, searching her fumbling mind on how to start, how to explain the extraordinary misunderstanding.

She was 'you', not 'princess' or 'Embry'. She was just 'you'.

And then there was the matter of his hand. He was injured. It distracted her with overwhelming worry.

"Your hand ..." She began, grabbing the closest cloth, which happened to be a dish towel. And slowly, hesitantly, approached him, step by step."You're bleeding."

Embry gently pressed the towel into his hand to stop the bleeding. She used her other hand to hold his damaged one. She breathed in a shallow breath and peeked at him, trying to catch his eyes.

But he wouldn't look her in face. And that only proceeded to frighten her. She was more afraid than ever before. She could seriously lose Jace. That terrified her more than anything this world contained.

"I swear I can explain." Embry choked, trying hard not to tremble or cry. Did he really think it could be true? That she would do that to him? "I just - I need you to look at me. Please, Jace."

j a c e
"Don't touch me."

Jace slipped his hand out of hers -- not harshly, but adamantly just the same. He went to the sink and washed the blood off his hand, then dug his own fingers into the small cuts and picked out any small fragments of glass. Jace had an exceptionally high pain tolerance and even if he didn't, he was running high on adrenaline alone.

He bandaged up his hand -- luckily it was his right and he was left-handed -- and cleaned up the bench before he finally looked at Embry with the most tired expression his piercing blue eyes had ever carried.

"So explain." His voice was absolutely dead. Void of any and all emotion, because he felt like his soul had been ripped out of him and thrown across the room, sliding down the wall like drying paint.

"Don't you dare lie to me. I swear to God, Embry, if you lie to me we're over."

E M B R Y

"Jace, I never lied to you before and I won't start now."
Embry whispered, her voice could barely be heard. She had clearly been hurt by his rejection of her touch. And even more so at the idea he would dump her. She never thought he could treat her so coldly.

Her eyes brimmed with tears, but she didn't let them fall. She refused to cry. It would only get in the way of her explanation.

"It's not true. About me and Isaac, it's not." Her voice trembled and her lip started to quiver. "I never went behind your back. I'd never do that, not even in those pictures."

She wrung her hands, hesitating to continue. She didn't want to throw Isaac under the bus, to say it was a forced on kiss, just when they were starting to make amends. That was why she withheld it from him in the first place. But Jace would leave her, and she couldn't bare that thought.

"He kissed me!" Embry bursted into tears, sobbing shamelessly. "I'm - I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But you have to believe me."

Of course she knew that would be hard to believe with the way those photos were taken. Whoever the photographer was, he had done an excellent job.

She felt faint, weak even and still sick, like she could fall over at moment. And standing there, with Luna, their child, in her with the extra weight, she just might give out on her legs.

"I love you. I love you so much. Please, don't leave me." She cried.

Last edited:
j a c e
"Why should I believe you?"

Even in his infuriated state, it killed Jace to see Embry so hurt. Hurt by his words, his actions, his disbelief in her and her own words, her assurance that she was loyal to him.

But he was hurting, too, and not just because of his hand. He felt like Embry and ripped his heart out and thrown it in a blender. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't think straight.

"You didn't tell me last night, when it fucking happened." His voice was still cold, his face impassive, his hands shaking so much his knuckles clattered against the bench like a baby's rattle.

"Why wouldn't you have told me if you had nothing to hide, Embry? Hm? Why does an innocent person lie? How am I meant to know? How am I meant to trust you?"

His voice hitched. "How am I meant to know that she's even mine?"

E M B R Y
"I wasn't trying to - I didn't mean to hide it." Embry also didn't mean for it to blow up the way it did. That was something she hadn't foreseen. And if she had known, she would have told him.

No, she should have told him anyway, from the very beginning. She could see that now.

"I should have told you, and I'm sorry I didn't. I thought it would only cause more trouble between you both when we were just starting get along again." She didn't bother wiping away the tears dripping down her face and chin to her collarbone.

"But Luna is yours, and don't know how to prove that to you. She is." All she had was her words and even they weren't enough.

She opened her mouth to say more, anything to get Jace to believe her, but she was interrupted by the loud knocking on the door.

j a c e
Jace wanted nothing more than to believe her. To believe what she was saying, to trust her, to trust her words and to believe her honesty.

But ... after Alexa, after Alexa cheating on him for months and months, he couldn't just let his guard down again.

He went to answer the door, wrenching it open and seeing Jasper first, then Isaac behind him.

"You've got some fucking nerve, coming here," Jace snarled at the Insanity Not Sound member before turning and letting them both in.

Jasper followed Jace into the kitchen, gave Embry an absolutely disgusted look and put his hands on Jace's upper arms, trying to steady him. "You okay?"

"No. No I am not fucking okay."

E M B R Y
Embry winced at the arrival of both Jasper and Isaac. The last thing she needed was for anyone else to come and witness their quarrel and add input. She was struggling enough as it was.

She wiped away her tears quickly leaving only her red rimmed eyes and red nose as any evidence of her crying. "You shouldn't be here." She whispered harshly to Isaac as he approached her first.

"I know." He mumbled softly, placing his hand on her back back to comfort her. But she shied from his touch and put her arms around her swollen belly instead, as if to shield her daughter from it all.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." He told her, replacing his hand on her shoulder and squeezing it gently."And I thought I could help explain things, but I suppose that doesn't matter anymore." He raised his voice pointedly looking in the direction of the kitchen where Jace and Jasper stood.

Of course he knew that this wasn't helping in the least and that it was his fault this was happening. But, he had made Embry cry and he already disliked Jace since before. It was one thing on top of the other. "So, you're the victim and Embry's the Alexa? Is that what we've decided? Because if you've really been cheated on twice maybe there's just something wrong with you."

j a c e
Jace actually made a move towards Isaac, like he was going to hit the other man, or something of that violent nature. Jasper stopped him from doing so, however, pushing his friend back against the bench and holding him there. Jasper was just as tall as Jace so it was an achievable feat.

"Fuck you," Jace spat at Isaac over Jasper's shoulder. "Honestly, you're so fucking pathetic. What, she was happy but you weren't so you had to TAKE HER FROM ME?"

Jace was yelling now, but he didn't care. He had tears in his eyes and he looked completely and utterly defeated.

"SHE WAS FUCKING HAPPY!" Jace threw his friend off and went around the bench in the direction of the hallway. "Fuck you. Fuck the both of you."

Jace used his injured hand to violently smash a picture frame. The glass and the image slid to the floor and Jace disappeared.

Jasper looked at Isaac and Embry. "I hope you're fucking happy with yourself," he said to Isaac, before following Jace out of the kitchen.

E M B R Y
Embry instantly tried to tail after them, but Isaac grabbed her arm before she could get far at all. "Let go of me!"She cried, struggling against his grip, punching his arm and chest, but they were blows, if you could call them that at all.

She was so tired and felt so sick.

"I need to talk with him. What if - what if he hurts himself again?"

When she thought she had no more tears to spare, she proved her to be wrong. She was no longer just crying, she was a sobbing mess.

"Embry, he doesn't even want to look at you. And besides, Jasper is with him."

"This is your fault."She ripped her s from his grip, crying bitter.

It wasn't his fault. It was her own. If she told Jace what had none of this would have happened. And now she didn't know what to do.

"I know." He gulped, looking and feeling guilty. "Do you want me to leave?"

"I do." She choked and watched as he stood still and in place as if waiting for her to take it back. But when nothing more come from her mouth, he left, leaving Embry to pick up the pieces.

Embry sobbed in anguish as she crouched down to pick up the glass from the floor.