• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryuu chuckled "Reizo come on brother I know you. You were just hopping to not have to go to this tonight. Unfortunately for you our parents know you too well." Ryuu smiled and laughed a little bit. He looked over to the girl who was named Hua, she seemed to be from one of the Air temples and Reizo only seemed to have met her a little while ago, and now he's inviting her to dinner? "Well hopefully father doesn't have too much of a problem with Ms. Hua joining us for this dinner, now come on lets go I told mother i'd bring you back." Ryuu turned and headed out of the building as they started to make their way back towards the palace. As they were walking Ryuu remember Reizo saying something about Hua conducting a search. "Hey Ms. Hua Reizo said you're conducting a search or something, what are you searching for in the fire nation? It's not very often that someone from one of the air temples comes to the fire nation?"

@Ash Mortis

Selu, though happy that she found Takala safe from harm, wondered what she was doing all the way out here. What if her baby sister got robbed or taken away and no one was around to help her? She followed Takala, keeping up with her before deciding to ask her her question.

"I could ask you the same thing... I got worried and started looking for you." She said to her then asked. "What were you doing out here? Training?" Selu asked her, offering a smile.

"Actually, yes. That's exactly what I was doing. I have to practice if I'm going to get as good as Kallik someday, right?" Takala smiled warmly back at Selu.

"Speaking of Kallik, have you seen him? I wanted to see if he could teach me something new. I'm tired of slashing at snowmen with my ice claws. If someone attacks I might.. I don't know, break a nail. And that would, quite frankly, suck."

She fiddled with the braclet tightly tied on her left forearm gauntlet, a gift from her older brother from when they were younger.

"I think he's training right now. But I'm sure he would love to teach you something new. Just don't startle him, okay?" She told her younger sibling.

From what she knew, Kallik would be happy to teach Takala all that he knew. But, if she yelled at him or snuck up on him while he was training, she could end up wounded or with a very cross brother. Selu was certain Takala knew this, but she was just making sure.

Takala rolled her eyes. "I knoooow. I'll be fine, Selu." With that, she scampered off to find her brother, with a vague idea of where he was, not that the Southern Water Tribe territory was all that big.

She moved quickly, hardly making a sound. It didn't take her long to find him, and she called out to him, keeping in mind what her sister had told her.
"Kallik! Hey, Kallik! Ya got anything new to show me?" She patiently waited for a response before approaching him.

Selu watched her go and decided that she should return to the clinic. Perhaps mother needed her there...

Kallik, meanwhile, was still deep in concentration as he honed his abilities. Though, upon hearing Takala, his concentration broke and he looked over to her. He put on a smile, pushing back the issue of ruined focus for another time. "Ah, Takala. Well, I can try and teach you how to manipulate water pressure. That sound fun?" He asked her.

She shrugged, but deciding it was a skill quite practical and useful, she nodded and walked towards him. "So, what do I do?"

Takala gathered some water from a nearby source, eagerly awaiting instruction.

Kallik picked up a small rock to use as practice then summoned a moderate size water ball from the nearby source. "I want you to focus your chi on the water within. Close it around this rock," At the words, he showed her the rock in question, "and keep it from falling through. This requires plenty of focus, but once you've mastered it, it'll become second nature." He dropped the rock into his water ball, the rock stopping at the center of the water. Kallik reached into the ball and grabbed it.

"Give it a try. Focus your chi and stop the rock." He held the rock over Takala's water, and when she said so, Kallik dropped the rock for her to try and stop.

@Ash Mortis

Hua wasn't pleased about this sudden arrival. The boy was like Reizo, yet, seemed a little more reserved. Ryuu, and Reizo, huh? After listening to the two boys speak to each other, it was made apparent that they were siblings, and they were apparently late for some kind of event held by their family. Hua's eyes managed to grow wide as she listened in, the realization that these two had those regal looks about them because they were in fact royalty here in the Fire Nation. Which meant that the banquet or whatever Reizo had just invited her to would likely be taking place at the palace, or at least somewhere of great import. More importantly, it would likely be host to a great many people of significance here in the Fire Nation. The young girl managed to raise her hand to take his weakly before stammering out a reply;

"W-what? I can't...I-I mean, I can't go to a royal banquet here! I'm j-just a nobody from the Northern Air Temple! W-wouldn't they just throw me out or something?!"

Hua had managed to speak fairly accurately, but, her emotions were clearly still all jumbled. This was all a lot to throw at her at once. Not only had she just put a boy she didn't even know at risk, but, she had apparently somehow gotten herself involved with royalty and violence at the same time. The two boys seemed nice and sincere enough, but, how was she supposed to be able to fit in even remotely at a place like that? Especially while surrounded by nobles? It was bad enough that from what she had heard, the Fire Nation nobility often saw her people as religious and doddering, or at least a bunch of peasants who were so uneducated that they couldn't hold a decent conversation. Then again, it wasn't really fair for her to assume the nobility would be rude and look down on her. Prejudice was a two way road, after all. After heaving a heavy sigh, she nodded, shaking his head with legitimate effort while straightening her posture. At worst, this was just another challenge to overcome.

"Very well. I accept your invitation Reizo. I hope they won't object to me coming with you. Also, how can you two trust me? You literally just met me?"

Reactions: timv999
"Whatever Ryuu. Well hopefully it won't be as much of a trial to get through a simple meal today. And I have someone to talk to other than Mr. Perfection." He gave his brother a short ruffle of his hair before taking the lead to walk out of the place. He was certainly overjoyed to have Hua accept his offer as this would serve as an excellent time to get to know a possible friend. "I'm sure you won't be thrown at least Hua. Mom would never allow a guest to exit the palace without dinner first."

Hua's question did make him ponder a bit though. Why did he just naturally trust her, a foreigner, anyway? "Well I guess its simply because i'm just that type of guy ya know? If I wanna set a good example of my country then I have to be it first. And I want this nation to become one of open borders and diplomacy one day. Right now the world would be more connected if everyone was at war with one another." He paused in his speech as he realized his ideals were beginning to show.

"But that's only what I think anyhow. Besides if anyone is likely to take over this country next its probably Ryuu. You are a fan favorite amongst the nobles." He said that with a teasing grin pointed towards his brother as he knocked upon the door and waited for it to open. "And Ryuu don't you know its not polite to ask a lady her personal business? Your lucky she's not the slapping type." Reizo of course stepped in to hide Hua's true purpose here in the Fire nation for if anyone else found she would be in trouble.

The door opened after a period of waiting and Reizo was met with a curse upon seeing Wu's face. Walking out he saw that Wu angrily shoved a coin purse towards his brother as he held a victory smirk. Reizo didn't mind the bet upon his survival as that was fairly natural here...and he'd won a few bets placed against in similar fashions. "Alrighty time to steel my nerves for another lecture. Ya know I would get into less trouble if I didn't have a guard around all the time."

"Alright, go on." Takala gave Kallik the go ahead to drop the rock. Taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, she imagined her chi flowing from the sky, down into her head, through her steady arms, and into the water. She visualized a net, catching a small child or maybe an animal.

Peeking an eye open, she saw that she had successfully caught the rock, her water almost reaching up to grab it like a hand. It bobbed up and down, secure. After opening her other eye, she looked up at her brother with a victorious grin.

"Well? Was that it?"

@Jessica2477

Kallik, seeing her accomplishment, smiled proudly at his younger sister. "Great job. Have you been practicing by yourself?" He asked her. Though inside he was a bit jealous. He hadn't been able to do it the first try when he was younger, but nonetheless, Takala's success meant she was capable of handling much more... Now what could he teach her that she wouldn't end up hurting herself...

"Uh yeah. Totally." She noticed a change of emotion in her brother. Was it jealousy? Was she not supposed to get the hang of it that easily? She suddenly felt a pang of guilt ring through her.

Takala looked down as she waited for Kallik to say something else. Her pale grey eyes focused on something in the distance, something moving towards the heart of the village. People.

Fear took hold of her throat as her lips parted to say something, yell out, any thing. Those people were not from the tribe.

Taking a deep breath, she simply grabbed her older sibling's hand, gripping it tightly. Once she was sure she had his attention, she pointed towards the short string of people, moving slowly towards their own.

Ryuu chuckled a little bit as Reizo called him "Mr. Perfection" and then proceeded to ruffle his hair. Ryuu was pretty serious most of the time, but there were times when Reizo could get Ryuu's playful side out of him. "Well compared to the headaches that you give father most of the time, I don't have to do to much to be Mr. Perfection. Just got to stay out of trouble unlike someone here." Ryuu continued to follow his brother out of the building, they soon made it out after Reizo and one of the guards had a very uncomfortable stare down with each other. If Reizo would have allowed it Ryuu would have struck down that man right here and now, though he knew his brother would never allow that.

"Well brother its simply because I am Mr. Perfection remember." Ryuu smiled and chuckled as he looked up at Reizo "And no come on brother you are the first born you will take over the country, I will probably lead the military like our Uncle does." Ryuu simply blushed when Reizo told him it was rude to ask a lady her personal business. "Oh yeah well then how did you find out what she's doing huh? Im sure you had to asked her too."

They soon made it out of the building and headed back to the palace. "Why do you think I told mother to make sure my guards stayed a ways behind me so you wouldn't notice them if I ran into you in the streets. I knew you would probably take off at the first sight of one of our guards just like you always use to do when we were younger." Ryuu smirked as they finally made their way into the royal palace. "Im sure father will go lightly on you, or well hopefully he does."

Status
Not open for further replies.