1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fandom, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Horror, I'm a sucker for romance, and YAOI!!! Yuri is okay.
[insert a Takala wishing everyone luck here]

46668826828c4ad90b1cb3bb851fd677.jpg

The air was warm. Even high up in the air, the sun was doing a great job of keeping the earth warm. The coolness of the breeze at it blew past was refreshing, especially when she occasionally moved into a dive. The rushing wind moved her dark brown hair about in every direction, a grin crossing the young woman's face as she pulled up again on her glider, ascending back towards the great blue sky. Hua would have to admit, the island chains of the Fire Nation were her favorite places to fly around. The ocean currents and the warmth of the air was the best. Still, flying did have a way of making her feel homesick for the Air Temple.

Nonetheless, the journey had been a long one. Almost a year of searching, following clues and asking around, she'd finally found him. Here, out of the way, on a small island, was the avatar. It was almost too much to bear at times, but soon, it'd all be worth it. After all, everyone who'd ever been to the Air Temple knew the greatness of the avatar. A single person who could bend all the elements, containing a wisdom of almost countless generations...a true hero.

Just the thought brought another cheerful grin her face, and with a triumphant cheer, she dove towards one of the islands, with a head full of optimistic dreams of restoring the great legacy of the Avatar. Pulling up as she neared the ground, she landed gracefully on her feet, twirling the glider back into its staff form, sparing a glance around her to find someone to talk to who could guide her to the avatar. If he was actually here, at least.​

Reactions: timv999
Ryuu panted as he stood across the room from his father. His father had taken some time out of his busy schedule to train Ryuu today. They were right now in the middle of a sparring match that Ryuu had no chance of winning but was holding his own. The young prince looked across the room at his father who had barely broken a sweat. Ryuu gritted his teeth and went charging at his father, he jumped up into the air and fired a stream of fire down at his father.

His father quickly dodged it and quickly shot off his own fire steam at Ryuu as he was still in the air. Ryuu quickly used a swift kick and was able to extinguish the flames, something his father had taught him to do not that long ago. A skilled firebender could use a swift kick or jab or other defensive maneuvers to extinshuish flames. Ryuu landed on the ground and went right back on the attack. They countiuned their sparring for a few more minutes until Ryuu expectantly was defeated by his father Emperor Hideki.

Ryuu lay on the ground panting as he looked up into the sky. "That was good Ryuu you're getting stronger every day, but there is still much you can improve on. Our enemies may come at any time and you need to be prepared to fight. If you're not ready then you will surely die."

Ryuu sat up and looked over at his father "yes sir I understand." His father gave a nod and turned around and headed back towards the palace he had much work left to do today. Ryuu picked himself up off of the ground and turned to look down at the rest of the city. The palace was up on a hill and looked down onto the rest of the capital city. The outside training ground was in a perfect spot to look down at the city. Ryuu looked down at the city, his city as he thought to himself "I need to get stronger if I want to protect this place I need strength to do it."

"You ready boy?" That one line raised the tension that was currently rising within the room. The table was stacked, bated breaths waited in suspense, and cards were being slowly shuffled. With a quick look up from his cards and back down to wager his odds. The only response he needed was a slight nod to lay his cards down. "Ha! How ya like that kid! A flaming straight comet flush!" The auidence all gasped as they witnessed whag surely had to be an end to this hour long game. And that was when the "kid" chuckled and laid his cards on the table face down. The victor was right about to shuffle all his winnings right into his lap...but a raised hand caused him to pause.

One by one all of his opponent's cards were turned onto their faces, and with each face seen made the pervious "champ's" face drop. "A royal flush. Ironic considering my birth don't ya think?" With a small wink the bar erupted into cheers, a few curses as bets were tallyed, and just plain excitment that came along within the establishment. Scraping his winnings into a bag the young man was interrupted as his hand was raised. "Give it up for the reigning champion of "Sleeping Dragon Inn" for straight year in a row, Reizo!" Another burst of cheers was handed out as Reizo just laughted it off and finished filling his bag.

Waving farewell, the young prince went back out onto the street where there several individuals waiting for him. "Ah such a great victory. There is nothing like pulling a victory out from your ass at the last moment. Though I mean even with my hand that comet flush took me by surprise." He continued to ramble on even though he knew that none of his guards were listening, and only provided a few responses to feign interest. And with that happening he knew that it was the perfect time to go off exploring.

He saw that he was passing by a small cabbage stand...and a wicked opportunity settled into his mind. While still running his mouth he shot off a small fireball at the stand when they got close enough. And just like he expected it flared up in an instant. "Holy shit! Guys what are you waiting for do something." Although they seemed reluctant to leave him be his two guards went over to try and help stop the flame, and keep it from spreading.

"Lucky me." Was all that Reizo said before stalking off into the crowd and blending in. Flicking one of the copper pieces he recieved earlier in the air to keep himself busy, the young lord wondered what he could do to entertain himself now that he was free. Although he was keeping most of his attention on watching the coin and not where he was walking, so his running into an individual was only natural. Stepping back as he didn't hit the ground like usual he looked over and stay that he had bumped into a little girl...with quite strange clothing. "Woah sorry about that miss. Didn't see ya there."

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
A rough thud sounded as a sizable figure bumped into Hua, and she landed on her rear end. A quiet groan escaped her lips as she glanced up at the young man whom had bumped into her. He was clearly a local, judging by his attire. He also had a sort of regal look about him, what with the perfectly clean clothing and well groomed hair. Of course, he also had a sort of rugged look about him, like he had a tendency to spend a great deal of time outside of the higher circles. Of course, these were only first impressions, and the young woman realized that she'd been staring for a good five seconds. She quickly cleared her throat and took a step back, leaning slightly on her staff.

"Oh, hey. Don't worry about it, I'm okay. I'm tougher than I look."

After a moment or two of silence, it dawned on her that this young man had just rudely bumped into her, having not been paying any attention to where he was going or what was in front of him. She couldn't really blame him, it was almost difficult not to allow her own attention to wander and take in all of the unfamiliar sights of this area. These island chains were vast, and she had only recently begun searching them. Realizing her mind had begun to wander again, she smiled awkward, taking another step back.

"So, uhm, I don't suppose you know anything about the latest incarnation of the Avatar? I've been looking for them. It's kind of my mission to find them. Have you heard or seen anything? Any little bit helps."

The kind smile that her face formed was one of innocence and friendliness, something she was only too accustomed to giving. The monks were very specific about rules of etiquette. Always be polite to people, even strangers. If this guy turned out to be a jerk, that was fine. She just wouldn't pay him any mind.​

Glad that the girl wasn't hurt Reizo pocketed the coin he was flipping to give the girl his full attention. Looking at her more closely now he could clearly see she wasn't as young as he had initially thought. She was kinda cute in a childlike kind of way, but he realized his mind was going off other places when he should be paying close attention to her words. And thankfully the time he decided to focus back in was the important part of the conversation.

"The Avatar? That's certainly quite the strange individual your looking for there miss." Hearing the subject of her arrival made him study her clothing a bit more until if finally struck him, Air nomad. Some of the monks did come by the palace to keep up relations, and talk about other things that didn't reach his ears as he was not in that "circle". Just as he was about to continue the conversation he could hear the sounds of questions about a lost prince being yelled over the crowd.

"Damn they're done already? Well guess we should keep the show on the road." He quickly made a small signal for the young lady to follow him before saying, "I may not know who you seek personally, but I know someone on this island who can possibly find out. Just make sure not to agree to anything he says when we go there." And with that much said Reizo began to weave into the crowd to avoid immediate detection from his searching guards.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Ryuu made his way back into the palace where he found his mother, "Good morning mother where is Reizo?" His mother smiled at him but then sighed and chuckled a little bit. "Well it seems that your brother has slipped his security detail again. He's somewhere in the city doing something he probably shouldn't." She smiled and continue to chuckle "That boy always getting into trouble he's been like that since he was a child." She got up out of her seat and walked over to Ryuu, caressing his cheek with her hand. "its funny how different the two of you are. You Ryuu are much more like your father while Reizo has taken more after myself. I love the both of you though no matter what."

Ryuu smiled as he listened to his mother's words. His mother the kindest lady in the empire some would say. Her and his father much different people, his father the strong strict type. His mother the kind and gentle type. Together they rule the empire and have made the empire very prosperous. Probably the most prosperous nation in the world because of their rule. His mother paced the room a little "
Well as much as I love Reizo's antics, sometimes he does need to act like the royal prince he is. Ryuu you know we have a royal dinner tonight with some very important guest. Reizo needs to be in attendance. Can you please go out and bring him back. " Ryuu smiled and laughed a little looked at his mother. "Yes of course mother. I'm sure I can find him, though I will ask that you send me alone. Or at the very least make sure the guards you send stay a good bit away from me. Don't want to alert brother that I am coming. Also he may be more willing to come if it is just me and not a bunch of guards."

"
I will make sure that they stay a good distance away from you. I can't let you go out alone though." His mother smiled and walked over to Ryuu and hugged him. "Please be safe and find your brother." Ryuu smiled and walked away he quickly got himself ready and made the arrangements with the bodyguards who would be coming with him. "Make sure you guys keep your distance. My brother loves to outrun you guys."

Ryuu exited the palace with his bodyguards in tow he made his way down into the city, his city. He smiled as he passed some people, but he tried to remain as anonymous as possible. He made his way to the gambling hall a place his brother fancied a lot and a place that he took Ryuu too before on a day where they escaped their bodyguards. He asked the people inside if he had been there and they said that he had but left a little while ago. Ryuu stood out front of the building and looked around and thought to himself "
Hmm where could he have gone?" Ryuu walked away when sometime caught his eye. It was a cabbage stand that had nearly burnt down. Ryuu chuckled a little bit "So this is how he escaped his guards this time huh." Ryuu walked over to the owner and told him that the empire would pay for the damages. He told him to go meet with one of his fathers advisors and told him to tell the advisor that Ryuu sent him. The man thanked him and told him that he believed he saw his brother go in the opposite direction into the crowd, while his bodyguards helped put out the fire. Ryuu thanked the man and headed in the direction he was told to go. This road he was on didn't lead to many places. He was sure he would find Reizo if he kept on this trail.

It was a normal day in the Southern Water Tribe. Normal being a term used loosely.

Takala had just finished helping her older sister, Selu, and Ana-ana with cleaning up the clinic. Smiling and waving at them, she ran off down to her little water cove, her rather large braid swinging behind her, threatening to whack anyone who got too close on accident.

This particular sect of Southern territory was known by only two members: Takala and Kallik. Of couse, Takala was close with all of her siblings, but this was a calming place only her and her older brother shared. He wasn't here today and it was perfect weather for dance practice.

With a small smile on her face, her hazel-grey eyes darted around her to make sure she was completely alone. Then, the performance began.

Humming her own melody, she closed her eyes, her hands calling the water to her. Her hips and torso followed suit, copying the rhythm of the liquid now in the air, all in Takala's control. Opening an eye, her smile grew as the water danced with her. Not very practical for a waterbender, but definitely a pretty sight.

Finally, she felt controlled enough to move from her spot, prancing out onto the tundra, a little farther away from the water. Her feet moved intricately to invisible drumbeats, the feeling of freedom almost bubbling up to a genuine laugh when--

Crunch.

Takala stopped dead in her tracks, the water quickly freezing into ice and dropping in sharp needles all around her and thankfully not on her. That was new. Her water never shaped into needles before. Then again, she never felt this startled before and defensive.

She gave her surroundings a bewildered look. Senses raised and heart rate increasing by the minute, she called out.

"Kallik? Is that you? S-Selu? PleasebeKallikpleasebeKallik."

She was more scared that her elder sister followed her here. What would she think? Her brother, she could take letting down, but Selu was perfect in her eyes.

Last edited:
Another day, another lesson for her. Selu had been honing her skills, soaking up all the information she could and practicing nearly as much as Kallik did with his own waterbending. Every day she was seeing improvements with her abilities, and she couldn't be prouder. Her mother seemed to enjoy watching her grow, and Kallik appreciated her better healing techniques as well. Selu was meant to be on the sidelines healing her comrades while they dove in offensively. From the day she was born she felt that healing was her calling in life. She wanted to help people. To provide the helping hand they needed during dire times. Not to mention a nice strategical advantage if she and her brother played it out correctly.

She had stayed behind helping her mother clean the clinic, though she couldn't help but notice. It seemed like Takala always wandered off by herself. Selu had gone off looking for her around the village once, but could never find her. She could be nosy and try to follow Takala, but her dear sister could be off practicing by herself. And like Kallik, she could have her concentration broken by a sudden appearance. Selu didn't want to interrupt her focus... But where in the world was she going all this time?

For once, Selu decided to go sought out her younger sister, searching for her in the hopes that Selu's mind was just overthinking the possibilities. Ease her growing worries. Takala was fine; she's just training, or admiring the waters.

The twig crunched beneath her foot, causing her to pause for a moment before continuing her journey. "Takala? Are you around?" She called. Selu was only hoping to find her little sister safe. What better way to ease her mind than to see for herself?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kallik took in a deep breath, focusing on the task at hand. He was working on his concentration, keeping his mind on the water flowing with his fingers rather than brush of the cold wind against his cheeks. He wanted to be able to waterbend effortlessly. Without having to think about it so that when he and his sisters left Southern Territory to visit other places, he could defend and protect them to the best of his abilities.

He had been patiently practicing this same boring maneuver religiously, making sure that each breath and each wave was perfect. No faults. Not one would be acceptable. He had to keep going. Takala and Selu needed someone to teach and assist them when they needed it. If he could help them learn offensive water abilities down perfectly, then what good was he?

The young woman looked to the boy she had been speaking with. He seemed rather aloof, really. Completely preoccupied mentally with whatever was rolling around in his mind. She wasn't terribly surprised. With that regal look about him he could probably afford to have a very short attention span. She also had noticed how much his eyes had scanned over her. Thankfully, he had seemed to focus primarily on her attire and such, as opposed to anything less...polite. He had managed to begin paying attention however, at the mention of the Avatar, however. Hua's brow rose slightly, her eye raising slightly at his response. Of course, even here in the Fire Nation, the Avatar was still not very popular. In fact, her even looking for him could be construed as a negative thing. She had spent a great deal of time learning to care for and defend herself for just such a purpose.

"Yes, of course. So, if you..."

Hua's words were slightly interrupted by the boy's own outburst, apparently expressing distaste over something happening more quickly than he would have liked. When he began walking on, speaking of keeping the show on the road, she was perplexed, admittedly. Of course, it began to seem like he was just going to ignore her. Just when she was about to huff a complaint, he spoke to her again, mentioning something along the lines of he didn't know much of anything about the Avatar specifically, but, he may know someone who could help Hua find them. Good enough, she supposed. Then again, was she really willing to so plainly and simply trust this young man? It was possible he was just going to lead her into some sort of trap. Not likely.

"Oh, alright then. I suppose I can just follow after you. I warn you, though, don't try anything funny. I can protect myself just fine and I don't take kindly to being tricked."

Of course, Hua couldn't shake the feeling of dread when he said the last part. Just what was she getting herself into?​

"Trick you? Don't worry miss I don't plan on taking advantage of a tourist. I have to be the shinning example of my country after all, so tricks aren't things I like to do." He then had to pause in his steps and look back to see his fumbling guards still asking questions. "Well at least fifty percent of the time. Thankfully your on the lucky side."

He made an abrupt turn as he almost ran into the girl again, and turned into an alleyway. He would her through a few of such turns, through a few homes of people he waved towards, and past some rough looking individuals. Said people gave him a nod of acceptence and confused looks at the girl in tow, but he just waved it off and did a sign that got them to relax a bit more. "Like I said don't listen to, trust anything personal, or just plain look at people wrong over here. There is honor over here for those accepted...sadly your not quite the type they'd knock off their list quite yet." After saying his piece Reizo stopped in front of a door guarded by two identical men.

"Whatcha want Reizo? You ain't scheduled to fight at all today." The one to the right spoke up as the one on the left cracked a few bones in his fist, and Reizo couldn't tell if it was out of boredom or unease. "Besides Xi Long is still be pissed after your last stunt. Then again you did go against his orders."

Reizo's stance shifted into a bit more of an aggressive posture after the last line, yet he did relax seeing that the man on the left popped his other fist in retaliation. "Look Wu. I'm not here to cause trouble i'm just looking for answers." Hearing that caused Wu to raise an eyebrow which served as a signal for him to continue. "I'm looking for info on the Avatar." The next sounds heard in the alleyway were a multitude of blades being drawn, and the air became more tense.

Wu then busted out into a fit of laughter as Reizo kept his expression neutral. "Man you hear that shit Otoro? Kid is looking for the Avatar. Man Reizo I take back everthing I said about you being a coward because you've got balls lad." He made a signal to everyone in the alley, and the noise of weapons being lowered back down. "Aight kid pissed or not Xi Long would kill me if I kept this from him. Go on inside and you know where to go." Otoro then opened the door for them both to enter as a stairway down was revealed. Reizo gave the girl a thumbs up and began his journey down.

Hua would have to admit that she wasn't comfortable following behind this boy. He was being fairly nice to her, and she would have to admit that his demeanor was...well, pleasant. Looking at him wasn't exactly an unpleasant experience either...after her mind had wandered for a few moments, Hua caught herself, realizing what she had been doing, while also managing to focus on where she was. The various people she had been passing, the homes and the dark alleys. This was a much different place than the air temples. Of course, she had seen a great many places in her travels, but this place seemed worse off somehow. Like it was full of misery. Just thinking about it was upsetting her. Hua found herself holding her staff close to her body, prepared to lash out at anyone or anything that decided to try and harm her. She found herself simply nodding the affirmative when he spoke again, warning her not to trust people. The idea of people being wary of outsiders wasn't an uncommon one to her, either. She could understand, yet, she wouldn't wish harm on anyone, at least, that wasn't already harming others.

The two men that stopped them at the door seemed odd. Their obviously similar appearance must have meant they were siblings, both two large slabs of menacing grimaces and musclebound frames. These men, on the other hand, were in fact unpleasant to look at. It only got worse when he mentioned the avatar, and the people in the alley all drew weapons. Even her companion had decided to ready himself in case of the worst. Hua herself held her staff closer to her still, beginning to take a defensive stance, prepared to defend herself in the worse case scenario. Fortunately, one of the brutish men simply began laughing, making some joke about her companion that brought a faint red tint to her cheeks, causing her to briefly avert her gaze before looking back to them once the door had been opened. This was proving to be an interesting day after all. Hua hesitantly followed after the young man, prepared to learn anything she possibly could about the Avatar.​

"Damn that was too close. I honestly thought I was gonna have to fight out there." The door had closed behind them a little bit ago, and the tension inside Reizo was finally able to drift off a bit. His usual quirky persona showed back up as he went down the stairs with the girl. "Hope your coming to find the avatar for a good reason there miss. If not I think Xi Long might fry us both alive. Though I suspect for me it'll be for a multitude of different reasons."

Carrying on with his banter he finally made it to another door that was made of solid metal. There was an obviously patchwork job done on the middle part of the door. "Still busted up huh? Though I guess it was only a few days back that it happened." Having a quiet conversation to himself Reizo went about unlocking the several amounts locks placed upon the door. It seemed like routine work as he carried along with thinking out loud while going through what others might view to be complex. And within two minutes all the locks were gone, and he pushed it on the door to go inside.

"I told you Wu to tell everyone to fuck....oh its you." The individual that was holding a newspaper dropped it to yell at his lackey, but only found a waving Reizo in his place. "Reizo. I told you if I caught you coming around before that door was fixed proper I was gonna put your head there. Now explain on why I shouldn't follow through with such a promise." The now confirmed Xi Long placed his paper down and was cracked his neck in boredom. Reizo on the other hand kept his smile on his face and gave his reply.

"Well I mean its kinda fixed since there is no hole there. And besides you kinda kicked it in yourself so how was that my fault?" A loud stomp echoed in the room as Reizo became serious knowing he was testing the limits. "Look we're looking for the avatar. Well she is and i'm her guide. And being the boss of the fire nation underworld i'd assume you'd know people." He looked into eyes that looked like they wanted to kill him in a second...but they were intrigued.

Putting out the cigar he had in his mouth and getting up from his desk, Xi Long moved over to stand in front of Reizo. He had just enough height to stand three inches over him, and the muscle mass to know that he could break him with his bare hands if necessary. "You remember my nickname right? Thousand Night Xi Long. And you know exactly why I was given that nickname right?" Reizo nodded as he had heard the story just like everyone up top. "Well i'll only repeat myself as the young lady here probably doesn't. It's because one night alone with me feels like one thousand lives in eternal hell. And you don't get to where I am without knowing your shit kid."

"So I take it that you know then?" He recieved a grunt in reply as Xi Long moved back behind his desk. He then proceeded to light up another cigar and pollute what little air was in here. He nugged his partner and gave sign that she could ask what she wanted now. But his look also carried the face of a man that wished to not be around any longer than he needed to.

"So little miss air nomad. What is your name?"

Ryuu chuckled as he knew where this road was heading. He made a few turns and was soon outside the fighting stadium. Though it was technically "illegal" his father was okay with it because it made a good amount of money for the kingdom.

Ryuu walked up to the guards, guarding the door "what do you want Ryuu? You don't come over this way very often?" Ryuu looked at the two guards and smiled "look guys I have a pretty good feeling that my brother Reizo is in here and I need to talk with him. So how about you guys just let me in?"

"
Well we don't just let anyone in here kid. Why should we let a kid in here anyway?" This made Ryuu chuckle as he looked at the man guarding the door. " You know I'm the son of the emperor and the power that I possess, also the contacts that I know. I could get some people to look into this place if I really wanted too. You know some people that could get this place shut down. Now that's not anything I want to do, and I'm not here to cause any trouble. I think we all know that I cause less trouble here than Reizo does when he is here. All I want to do is speak with my brother that is it, I'm not even here to fight today just to talk with my brother who I know is here. So please just let me in and ill be in and out quick."

The two man guarding the door looked at each other and then decided to open the door for Ryuu to enter. Ryuu looked a ways back and saw his two guards and motioned for them to stay put. They hesitantly agreed and would stay back away from the building. "
Just make sure you stay out of trouble kid. We dont need one of the fire nations princes getting hurt or worse in here." Ryuu just smiled as he walked past the guards. "Don't worry gentleman I can take care of my self." With that Ryuu walked in and started to search for Reizo. Ryuu made his way through the building asking some unruly people if they had seen his brother. After talking with some people for a while he found out that Reizo was traveling with a girl, who looked like she was from the Air temples and that they had gone in too talk with Mr. Xi Ling, one of the leaders of the Fire Nation underworld. Ryuu decided to wait outside the door as to not disturb them. Mr. Xi Ling was not someone who enjoyed being disturbed and though Ryuu thought that him and Reizo together could take him. It was still not a wise thing to do. So for the time being Ryuu would wait outside the door. Once Reizo and whoever this girl that was with him would exit, he would get to Reizo.

Hua had been in this building now for less than five minutes, and it had already felt like weeks. The place was dark and dry, and it seemed like so little air got in here, that there was scarcely air at all. It was only made worse by all the grim faces in this place. It was painfully obvious now that this place was a bad one. Criminal types, most of them. Bad people. Not the kinds of people she would ever want anywhere near the temples themselves. Why had she allowed herself to be led into such a dark and miserable place? Her mission, of course. Finding and saving the avatar was all she could care about right now, and completing this mission was her life. But, now, she was surrounded by criminals. A wretched den of violence and greed. No matter. Whatever it costs, she will not fail the monks, nor the Avatar.

Hua would also have to admit that she didn't particularly favor this boy, especially after he said that he thought he was going to have to fight. Seriously? Wasn't your plan the whole time to use your knowledge of the underworld to get us through unharmed? She shook her head, pushing the thought away. She had to stay focused, and make sure that not even the slightest sound or sight went unnoticed. Unfortunately, that included this strange boy's words. Whenever they weren't nonsense at least. Hua glanced over at him as he spoke, taking mental notes about him. His face, his speech patterns and mannerisms...his tendency to speak at length. It was going to be difficult to top the uneasiness that he was making her feel.

Then she met Xi Long. The man was broad and intimidating, yet he had this air of mystery of and intrigue about him. Some minor regal stature, like he held great authority or respect. Yet, from the moment she saw him, Hua knew she couldn't trust him. Even if he had decided to answer her honestly, his words would reek of venom and singe her mind like acid on flesh. Still, she needed the information, and if she were fortunate enough, he could even give it to her. At this point, she had come this far and there was just no reason to turn back now. After clearing her throat, she stood upright, raising her head with a confidence of a world leader.

"My name is Hua, and I am...kind of, a monk from the Northern Air Temple. I came here because i'm seeking the Avatar. I need to find them, and in order to do that, I need locations, and names. So, tell me Mr. Xi Long, do you know anything about where the Avatar is, or at least may be? Do you know their name?"​

"Kind of a monk? Well you still have your hair so I guess your not all the way." Xi Long then stopped in his tracks and looked at the door. He gave it a very hard stare before looking back at Reizo. "You brought a rat idiot. That's gonna cost extra." He then pulled out a piece of paper from his desk and began writing upon it. Once he was finished he ripped it out and tossed it at Hua's feet. "You'll find a good deal of homes who match whatcha looking for there, and that is the best your gonna get since these are rumors at best."

"Thanks Xi Long. I appreciate the hard work as always." All Reizo got in return was a snort of annoyance as Xi Long's patience was wearing thin. And as he was about to grab the door he was met with tapping upon the desk. He cursed as he assumed he could get out of it, but spun around as he prepared himself mentally. "Sorry forgot about that. So what do you need for payment?"

Xi Long spent a while debating on what he would really want out of the prince. "You come back and fight for me. Old Man Fu just gained his prize winner, Zhang Liang, due to that advantage I need all my best fighters back in the ring. So for payment for this girl's info you come back and work." Xi Long only smiled as he could feel the hatred running high off of Reizo. "And you'll do it won't you prince? After all your a man of honor and like settling your debts correct?"

Reizo was quiet for sometime..and after a moment of gazing at Hua he turned back. "Fine you win. I'll get back into the ring and fight, but not for you. I'll do it for Hua and to repay my debt to...him." That last remark caused Xi Long's eyebrow to twitch but Reizo had already turned his back. "Let's go Hua." He then opened the door and was met with another obstacle as he met the "rat". "Ryuu! What are you doing here!?"

Ryuu was leaning against the wall a small flame in in his hand as he was toying with the fire waiting for his brother and whoever he was with to come out of the room. When the door opened he looked up to see Reizo and some girl who did look like she was an air nomad come out of the room. Ryuu chuckled as Reizo seemed to be surprised that he was there.

"Well brother you seem to go missing at the worst times. Mother sent me to find you, you know as well as I that we have to be at the palace tonight, there is a very important dinner event that we both must attend. So as I was looking for you I made my way here and as I guessed you were here. The question though is what are you doing here? I know you knew about this dinner, father only told us about s million times." He had kind of ignored Hua at first but figured that he should introduce himself to her.

Ryuu looked over at Hua and slightly smiled and bowed a little bit. "
Hello Miss, My name is Ryuu It is very nice to meet you."

Hua listened intently on what the menacing man had to say. Considering how her companion carried himself, he must be fairly strong, whether as a fighter or simply in terms of charisma. Yet, Xi Long was clearly not a man to be taken lightly. After all, his connections likely ran deep, and he himself was likely a formidable opponent. Hopefully, she would never have to fight. Once the paper had been dropped at her feet, the young woman felt a surge of irritation. That was a blatantly disrespectful thing to do. Still, she had to appreciate what he was offering her, considering that he didn't even request that she pay him or provide him a service. Hua reached down to take the paper, standing upright again as she unfurled and looked at the list of places and names. This could be her biggest break since discovering the location of these islands. Of course, it only had to become more complicated in one fashion or another. The man tapped the desk in order to get their attention, prompting her companion to curse under his breath and turn around.

Apparently a price was to be paid after all. Xi Long demanded that her companion come back and fight for him. This place really was some sort of underground fighting arena. How terrible that this boy was going to have to put himself at risk for something he didn't even have anything to do with. Hua looked at the ground, feeling a shame greater than any she had felt before. If it weren't for her, he wouldn't be having to risk his life for something that didn't even concern him. It was HER mission, after all. Not his. As they began to leave, she wanted to speak up and say something to him, anything, particularly an apology and to beg him to reconsider. She could just give the information back, or maybe...

Hua's thoughts were interrupted upon the opening of the door, and the reveal of the apparent "rat." Her companion referred to him as "Ryuu", someone he apparently knew and wasn't expecting to be in this place. She still couldn't really bring herself to look up at him, so, instead her gaze remained lower, barely able to make out the boy's face. He too was taller than her, not surprisingly, but, not as much as so as the other boy. What had XI Long called the older boy? Reizo? Yeah, that was it. At least not she could put a name to the face that she would probably never see again after tomorrow. It seemed that even whenever she herself, the supposed guardian of the Avatar wound up mixed up with someone, they were just put into even more danger. Just great. The young woman's demeanor simply seemed to deflate even more, her face souring into a look of solemn introspection. Hua did manage to finally raise her gaze again, to look into the eyes of the newcomer.

"Hello."​

"The dinner! Ah man I knew I was forgetting something major." That was a complete lie as Reizo did remember the dinner...he was just hoping to not get caught. He face palmed as he quickly tried to get out of the situation, but his mind was currently drawing blanks as the previous conversation weighed upon his mental state. He wanted to continue on his quest with Hua but he knew his father's patience with him was growing thin.

"Fine i'll go back. I refuse to wear that gaudy outfit he picked out though. These clothes should do fine enough right?" His mind then attached itself to focus upon the current situation even more to present himself with a solution. "Oh yeah that's aldo true ain't it. You just arrived here right Hua? Why not come and join us at the dinner, so ya get fed and have a place to stay before you conduct your search." His natural kindness for others did blind him to all other facts that should be considered, but Reizo simply wrote it off as an endearing character trait.

He awaited the young woman reply as he felt another itch going off in his head. He paused for a moment as he realized an important fact...he never formally intoduced himself. "Aw shit sorry! My mother would rib me good for forgetting my manners. My name is Reizo Keiji and its a pleasure to hopefully get to know ya betterm" He then reached his hand out as a welcoming gesture and brought his trademark smile to his face.

Takala stumbled towards the sound, eventually making out the form of sister. She cursed at herself, hoping Selu didn't see anything. This whole dancing thing was stupid anyways. It was never going to help her or anyone else, not like Selu will with her healing.

She approached her older sibling, waving nonchalantly. "Hey, I thought you were back at the clinic. What are you doing all the way out here?"

Grabbing Selu's hand, she began to lead her away from her secret cove, back towards the village. As she guided her, Takala studied Selu's beautiful sapphire eyes and jet black hair, absent-mindedly touching her own chocolate brown braid. She wished she looked more like her, wished she had the confidence to carry herself the way Selu did. Takala wondered if Ignat would have stayed if he had a daughter like Selu that showed such promise. Her thoughts were cut off abruptly by her sister finally speaking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.