L U C A S
Lucas sighed wistfully."You and me both. We can, however, plan to go to one of their concerts together if they ever perform near here." He was sure they would. Charmaine was just a town, but it was in Vermont. And Vermont was right next to New York, and he had heard about an Insanity Not Sound's concert that was held in the big city from Elena and Jakob at least a year back before.

"Do you think those two are really dating? Because if so, I stand no chance." He quipped.

Last edited:
c l a u d i a
"I don't know," Claudia answered honestly. Jace and Embry would be an adorable couple, but their bands' feuds would most likely prevent them from being in a relationship. It was hard to date someone that everyone around you hated with a fiery passion. Claudia knew the feeling all too well.

"But I also don't know if I want them to date," she elaborated, hoping to lift up the mood with a little joke. "I mean, they'll be the power couple of the century and their kids will both be gorgeous and talented. But, if they are, that means I have no shot at Jace." She pouted and rolled so she was laying on her stomach with her chin resting on Lucas's upper arm.

"And I don't know if I could handle being forever alone, really. What will I do if my soulmate is taken?"

This was only half a joke. Claudia truly did want to find the right person, settle down, have a family and live a nice life. She just knew it would never happen with Jace Lesecki. But a girl could dream.​

L U C A S
"Jace is the only one for you, eh?" Lucas snorted and laughed lightly. He moved a hand up to his face and ran his fingers through his hair, pushing the strands out of his face."If that's the case, eternal loneliness is the only other path to take."

"I can't say I blame you, though. I always thought that I'd end up as Embry's one and only, I know her well as if I personally know her. Of course, she'd have to wait another year for me, since by American standards I'm too young for her to date." He rolled his eyes as if it was tedious and non-important matter.

"I had it all planned out, but when he came into the picture...Do I even need to say, you like him and even I have a bit of a man crush on him." He sighed. It was silly, but everyone dreamed about being with someone out of their reach at least once. In reality, he wasn't sad to hear this news at all, because he was dreaming of being with someone close to him, literally.

"If you want we can be an old bachelor and spinster together."

c l a u d i a
Claudia smiled. She sat up, scooped a few flowers from the grass and began splitting the stems so she could make a daisy chain. "Please," she scoffed. "Embry would take one look at you and leave Jace for the obviously much better option." She blushed. She couldn't believe she had just said that, to Lucas, out loud. She wanted to die.

"Well, I hope so, anyway," she added smoothly to cover up her own embarrassment. "That leaves Jace for me."

But, she would much rather be dating Lucas than Jace. Mainly because she loved him. And, she knew she would never handle dating a celebrity.​

L U C A S
Lucas sat up as well after hearing her words. Was there a hint in there? Or was he reading too much into it? He knew it had to be the latter with her next two sentences. Nonetheless, it made him feel excited for a moment. However, now he was feeling a little more embarrassed for thinking anything else."Yeah right." He mumbled. "You're just saying that for your own hope."

"After all, if Embry would go for me instead, how come you haven't?" He uttered frankly. It was a rhetorical question, and nor did he have any idea of what was going on in Claudia's mind.​

c l a u d i a
Claudia felt a pink blush creeping across her cheeks. You're so stupid, Claudia! she mentally scolded herself. She could not justify why she had said that to Lucas. She could not think of a logical explanation towards her idiotic actions.

She opened her mouth to respond, but, thankfully, her phone rang. She plucked it out of her pocket and identified the caller ID to be that of her mother. Claudia's stomach dropped. Would she be in trouble for ditching?

"Hello?"

"Claudia, dear, Tate as an issue with you."

Claudia sighed shakily. Of course. Of course Tate had ratted her out to Mom. "I'm --"

"You have a boyfriend?"

Claudia frowned, glancing up at Lucas. "No?"

"Oh." Her mother sounded confused. "Tate seems to think you do."

"That's my friend, Lucas. You know his mother, I think."

"Remington-Brooks?"

"The very same."

"Excellent. Invite him over for dinner tonight." She hung up.

Claudia looked up at Lucas. "My parents invited you over for dinner."

L U C A S
"Dinner? Tonight?" Your parents? Is what he wanted to add, but decided against it. What if her parents didn't like him, then it would really be troublesome. He couldn't even get his own uncle to approve him, adults were the most troublesome in an aspect.

Then again, his mom did know her mom, so it wouldn't be so bad. And getting her parents to trust him would have to make Tate shut up. And it wasn't as if he had any previous plans."Sure, I'd love to."

c l a u d i a
Claudia's face cracked into a smile, and a sigh of relief escaped her lips. She was glad he had accepted the invitation, but she was more relieved that he seemed to have forgotten about her gargantuan slip-up before. Claudia knew she wasn't ready to be with Lucas romantically yet. She fucking wanted to, but with the current state of her brothers ... no, she couldn't afford to put him at risk.

"Awesome," she said with a smile. "Tate and Brogen will be there but so will Mom and Dad, so they'll be in check. And if not, I'll hit them over the head with a couple of plates," she joked.

Claudia got to her feet and pulled Lucas up after her. "Come on. There's only half an hour of school left, so if we leave now we can get to my place on the time I'm meant to."

L U C A S
"We've been out that long?" Lucas dusting off his behind, letting the grass blades fall back to the ground. He supposed he should have noticed with the color changing in the sky slightly, but it was there. He lowered himself down and picked back up his bag.

"What are your parents like anyway? I know they can't be like like mine. Especially not my mom." He asked curiously. All he knew was what she told him, and all she really said was that they were distant , and always working and some other unpleasant thought he didn't care to think about.​

c l a u d i a
Claudia looped her arm through Lucas's as they walked. "They're nice," she told him truthfully. "They're a bit steely, and professional, and distant at times, but they're nice. They'll give you a chance. They can also be dicks, but they like to act nice and lovey in front of other people."

In half an hour or so, they reached Claudia's house and she unlocked the door. Everyone was home, but only Daphne, Claudia's mother, waited in the foyer. She looked exactly like an older, stern, bitchy version of Claudia in a blazer and skirt ensemble. She didn't smile. She just stared at Lucas. Claudia dropped his arm.

"Mom, this is Lucas."

Daphne's eyes flickered to her daughter. "I know, Claudia, Tate has told me everything." Claudia paled. Daphne didn't elaborate. "Dinner will be at six-thirty."

L U C A S
His introduction phrase of a simple 'nice to meet you' died on his lips. He hadn't even got to say one word and he somehow felt as if he had been shut down along with Claudia. Although, he supposed introductions weren't needed if she knew who he was, but it was still the polite thing to do, was it not?

Lucas forced on a smile that looked completely genuine.
"Hello, Mrs. Lightwood." Was all he could think to utter at the moment. And even that sounded stupid and awkward to him.

c l a u d i a
Daphne forced on a smile that was so obviously fake, but Claudia didn't call her out on it. "Hello, Lucas," she said in a polite tone, before turning back to Claudia. "I suggest you don't antagonise your brothers."

What the hell was that supposed to mean? Claudia repressed a scowl, instead grabbing Lucas's forearm, nodding formally to her mother and leading her friend up to her bedroom. They were faced with Brogen on their way; Claudia's twin, stepping out of his own bedroom, glanced at Lucas before turning to his sister.

"Mom's worried."

Claudia's eyes narrowed. "About what?"

"She thinks that you're going to rip us kids apart."

Claudia laughed, a short, humourless sound. She dropped Lucas's arm, crossed her own over her chest and raised an eyebrow at her twin brother, her best friend.

"If anyone's ripping us apart, it's Tate and his unwillingness to accept that he's wrong," snapped Claudia. Brogen physically recoiled at his sister's vicious tone. "And if we were all so fuckin' close, we would never be torn apart in the goddamn first place, Brogen, so Mom can go fuck herself."

Claudia lead Lucas into her room and collapsed on the computer chair, sighing heavily. "You're a teenage boy," she pointed out. "Why are my brothers so irrational?"

L U C A S
"Because I'm a crazy teenage boy," Lucas replied, with a light shrug of a shoulder. He continued to stand, and instead leaned against the wall l, facing her. "I'm the school psycho.They're probably just scared of me. That or hate my guts. It could be both honestly. At least I'm sure about the latter.."

He sighed. First few minutes in and the tension was already thick. But he wasn't expecting flowers or rainbows either. So, this seemed accurate than not at all."Anyway..." He trailed off, getting lost in thought as he approached where the photos used to be, but now was just an empty space.

"How many pictures do you want to have put up? I'll need to know what size to print them in so they'll all fit. However, they could be different sizes and make a design. It'd be fun, artistic project." He rambled, just wanting to focus anything else. Thinking about all the reasons her brother's, or anyone else to that matter, hated him put him in dark mindset. And did not need to be hallucinating tonight in front of her parents.

c l a u d i a
Why was Lucas so good?

Why did he just take everything thrown at him without complaint? How, after all of this consistent social and mental abuse inflicted by his classmates, did he turn out so nice? Claudia would probably be a serial killer by now, if she were in Lucas's position. She had so much respect for Lucas for staying true to himself.

Claudia got to her feet and stood behind Lucas, wrapping her arms around his chest and hugging him. "Medium-sized, I guess," she breathed, before turning him around so she could look at him intently.

"No matter what happens tonight," she whispered, "no matter what they say to you, you promise to still be friends?"

(it's Thursday in the RP which means they'll kiss the next day?)​

L U C A S
"No duh. Besides the fact that I promised you, pinky promised you, I'm not going to let their opinion determine us." Lucas answered her truthfully, with a small lop sided grin.

Though it was true having someone with my authority in her family approve of him would make things easier. But if he was not given any approval or chance, it wouldn't ever stop him from being with Claudia. No, not when his feelings ran so deep for her now. The task would be impossible to perform. And if for some absurd reason he did let go, he would be a hundred ts lonelier than he was before she came. And didn't know if he could bare that.

He swallowed hard, just thinking about it was depressing. But he hadn't lost anything yet, so he decided not to think about it any longer.
"I kind of feel like we're walking into an arena here." He reached up with his hand pushed back a few strands of her hair away from her face, it was a tender gesture.

((Yes Friday, the next day, is the day for the first kiss.))

c l a u d i a
Just his casual touch on her face was enough to send minute shivers up Claudia's spine. She wanted nothing more than to kiss him, right then and there, but she couldn't do that. No, she doubted he even though anything more of her than a friend, and it would be unfair to push her own feelings onto him. He had never had a friend before. She didn't want to ruin that for him.

Claudia smiled weakly. "More like the fuckin' Colosseum," she sighed, tightening her hold on him as though she was afraid he would be ripped from her any moment. "I think that as long as you get my dad to like you, you'll be fine."

She sighed again, this time out of sadness. "He's really the only one who can tell Tate what to do," she told Lucas. "Tate's kind of scared of him."

L U C A S

Her dad,eh? From what he could tell when it came to father's about thier daughters, it was always difficult.
Even when they simply brought a friend over who happened to be a boy. In his case, he also happened to be sick and notorious in school as a psycho. Although, he wasn't sure if her father eas that type of dad. If he was anything like her mother he'd have more of a difficult time.

"Should I be scared of him too?" He asked completely serious. This was his first time meeting a friends parents. And if Tate the football player was terrified of her father, shouldn't he be?

Last edited:
c l a u d i a
Claudia shook her head, completely serious. "No. No, you shouldn't," she assured him. Claudia released Lucas and returned to the computer chair, where she looked up at him with a kind of dry humour in her eyes.

"Remember what I said, about my parents being convinced that Tate's only going to get into college on a football scholarship?" She rolled her eyes. "Well, Tate is scared of Dad because he knows that Dad can pull him out of the scholarship program and force him into the military if he fucks up. Dad really wants Tate to go into the military, but my darling brother is too scared of it to do so."

It was kind of sad, really. How much control Charles Lightwood had over his children's lives. But if it kept Tate and Brogen off Lucas's back ... well, she wouldn't complain.​

L U C A S
"That's..." Lucas pursed his lips as he paused."Sad." He finished with a sighbafter his moment of thought. He could understand not wanting to go to the military, it wasn't even Lucas's cup of tea. But it seemed all the more worse when tour parent was practically pushing you into it.

Of course, Tate was still kind if an ass, at least to him anyway. Yet, with other parents like that, how could he blame him? Lucas's parents were and are never like that.

c l a u d i a
Claudia nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it is sad," she agreed, "but we can't do anything about it. The only thing Tate can do is not majorly fuck up, because if he does what she'd meant to do, he won't be shipped off to the military."

Six-thirty came too soon and Claudia made sure that Lucas was seated between herself and Quentin. Quentin was looking between Tate's angry face and Brogen's conflicted expression with wary eyes, and he exchanged a look with Claudia. They both knew this was going to be an interesting meal.

With Daphne on one end of the table, Charles on the other and a delicious spread of roast beef, potatoes, pumpkin, peas, sweet potato, capsicum and bread rolls, the seven people settled into dinner. Charles Lightwood's eyes were almost exclusively fixated on Lucas, but his expression was unreadable. Claudia couldn't tell if he was unhappy or not.

"Tate. How is your math going?" Charles asked his eldest son.

Unlike their father, Tate's expression was completely readable -- angry. His eyes tore away from Lucas and onto Charles. He now looked nervous. "I got sixty-three on the quadratics test," he admitted in a whisper.

Charles grunted. "At least you didn't fail. Quentin, why aren't you tutoring your brother, like I asked you to do?"

"I've been busy with my History assignment, Dad."

"What did you score?"

"Ninety-seven."

Charles gave Quentin an approving look. "Good boy. Tate, you should take a leaf out of Quentin's book."

Tate blushed furiously and scowled at Lucas for lack of anything better to do.

"Claudia." Claudia's head snapped up to look at her father. Her turn now. "I hope your new friend hasn't been distracting you from your studies."

"No, Dad," Claudia assured him. "Lucas has actually been helping me. He's very good with English, and Psychology."

Charles's eyes finally landed on Lucas. "Good to hear. So, Lucas, what are your hobbies?"