L U C A S
Lucas waved her off and waited until the bus was out of sight before heading back home. And when he did get back home, he was lost as what to do next. He inhaled and exhaled and headed to his room. Whenever one had nothing else to do, sleeping seemed like the best option.

Tiggy, as expected, followed him into the room and watched as he got ready for bed. When he shut off the lights and snuggled down and deep into the covers and the cat jumped onto the bed and joined him. He took her him into his arms and buried his face into her fur.

She still had Claudia's scent on her. "Oh, goddamnit, Lucas." He groaned. There was no way he was going to sleep easily tonight or at all.

c l a u d i a
Claudia walked to school the next day.

Tate had berated her for hours the night before and he had only stopped when Quentin finally told him to shut his stupid mouth. Quentin and Claudia had slept top-to-tail in Claudia's bed that night because she was so distraught. Her eyes were still red and puffy from the hours she had spent crying.

Tate had not hit her, nor raised a hand to her. No, Brogen would not have allowed that. But his awful words, his slurs against Lucas, had fueled the biggest fight the Lightwood siblings had had in years.

Claudia sniffled when she reached her locker. Thursdays. One more day, and then her parents would be home. They wouldn't let Tate yell at her, so she was actually happy to anticipate their return for once.​

L U C A S
Every day felt different when walking into the school knowing that he had someone anticipating his arrival or that he'd be the one anticipating. And it felt even more strange when that someone was the one person he cared deeply about. But he didn't discover how deeply he cared until the end of the other day. So, he didn't sleep much last night, but he wasn't exactly feeling tired, quite the opposite, actually.

His brain was too busy working on plans and ideas to approach the situation. It wasn't something you could easily ignore, not for him. It gnawed it him last night and this morning. He did not like ignoring these type of things. For the mean time, until he decided what to do, he would just act the way he usually would.

During his space out he had bumped into someone and fell to the floor from the impact.Naturally, he expected this person to just walk away without a word. Instead, he was brought back onto his feet by him. When he looked up he found Jakob looking down at him.

"Watch where you're going next time." He said this not harsh, but softly.

Lucas only nodded, he was more on the surprised side that he was talking to him at the moment.

Jakob pursed his lips, looking as if there was more he wanted to say. Still, he only signed and walked away. Lucas' eyes followed him until he was long gone. What was that all about?

He pondered on it no longer because Claudia was ahead of him.
"Good morning." He greeted ad he made his way over.

Last edited:
c l a u d i a
When Claudia heard Lucas's voice, she tried to rub at her eyes to stop them from being so puffy despite knowing that wouldn't do jack shit. She didn't want Lucas to worry about her. He didn't need such a burden on his already overloaded back.

"Hey," said Claudia weakly, but forcing a smile onto her face. The last thing she needed was for Lucas to worry about her. She could see Tate walking past them over Lucas's shoulder, and her brother burned holes into Lucas's back, but fortunately he didn't stop or do anything else.​

L U C A S
Lucas didn't bother turning around to know that someone had their eyes on him. It was nothing new, so he brushed it off easily and focused more on the situation on hand. It wasn't as easy for him to brush off seeing Claudia's red-rimmed and puffy eyed.

He wasn't clueless, he could tell she didn't want delve deep into that. But he couldn't just ignore it either. Therefore, he only asked all that truly mattered."Are you okay?" If she really was, he wouldn't dig into it any deeper.​

c l a u d i a
Claudia burst into tears again, unable to hold it back. She wrapped her arms around Lucas's shoulders and pressed her forehead against his shoulder, crying quietly, before she tried to answer.

"H - he was y - yelling at me for h - hours," she stammered. Luckily the bell had rang so no one else was in the halls to witness her shame. " Qu - Quentin had to s - stop him."

L U C A S
Lucas didn't hesitate to put his arms around her and comfort her. He remained quiet, holding her close as he listened to her try to explain. It wasn't hard for him to put it together. She got harshly scolded at by Tate for going over his house, no, it was because she was friends with him in general.

It was his fault. And it hurt to know that, but he didn't regret it. He never would. "Claudia." He began."I want - no I need to talk to him." He couldn't stand for this and as much as he wanted to punch Tate, that was still her brother. And it wouldn't lead to anything good for him or Claudia. He actually might lose it in the moment.​

c l a u d i a
Claudia drew back and shook her head. "No," she said quietly. "It won't help."

She opened her mouth to elaborate on this fact, but Quentin approached them and put his hand on her arm. "You okay?" he asked quietly.

Claudia shook her head. "No," she whispered. "Lucas wants to talk to Tate," she added, as if an afterthought. If anyone could give a rational opinion on this, it would be Quentin.

Quentin peered down at Lucas. "It might actually help," he pondered aloud. "I mean, Tate won't like it, but if Lucas can prove to him he means no harm Tate might lay off a bit. I mean, the best way to get Tate to lay off is if Brogen lays off, but that's not going to happen becuse Brogen's a fucking asshole." Quentin scoffed, but turned to Lucas. "Do you think you could convince him?"

L U C A S
"If I'm to be completely honest, I don't know." Lucas wasn't sure how you proved to someone you meant no harm when you never once showed that you did. He hadn't even got into school fights before. The only time he made real contact with anyone was with Claudia, both verbally and physically. And those times weren't abusive in any way, it was quite the opposite in actuality.

The only thing about him that indicated any violence to the outsiders were the horrid rumors surrounding him. And when Brogen was sitting at the table with the same person who made Lucas out to be a total psychopath there was no easy way of doing this. Nonetheless, he was going to try anyway. He couldn't give Claudia up over other people's opinions and misunderstandings. Maybe on the first day, they talked he would have, but now he cared too deeply about her.

"Still, I will try. And I will get him to see that I won't hurt her or anyone for that matter." Lucas said firmly and glanced at Claudia for a short bit.

Last edited:
c l a u d i a
"Good luck with that." Quentin's voice was not sarcastic in the slightest. He truly looked and sounded like he wanted Lucas to succeed. The older boy kissed his sister on the forehead. "I have to get to class," he told her. "Call me if you need me, okay, Claudy?"

"Okay," mumbled Claudia. Once Quentin was gone, she turned back to Lucas. "I really don't want to go to class today," the blonde told the boy in a desperate voice. "I'm ditching. I don't mind if you don't come," she lied. She wanted Lucas to come along but she knew it was unfair to drag him out of his classes.​

L U C A S
"Yeah, fuck this place." It wasn't as if he liked school anyway. And it would not be his first time bailing on classes . Most importantly he didn't want to let her go by herself, he was sure it'd be as lonely just as it was for him."I mean, I can always catch up on my classes. It isn't that hard."

He offered a small smile."Where are we going today?" He inquired, raising a single eyebrow.​

c l a u d i a
Claudia sighed in relief, glad that he had decided to ditch with her. She would have done so regardless of whether he decided to tag along, but it would be nice to have his company. It was always nice.

"I was thinking we could go to the lake," Claudia suggested. "Get some fresh air. Maybe you could take some pictures."

L U C A S
Lucas stiffened at the mere mention of the place."The lake?" He winced just repeating the word. He looked ahead, pondering if it was okay to go there. No, he couldn't bring himself to do it. There was just too much pain.

Shaking his head, Lucas put his hands into his pocket."I don't want to - I can't go there. Is there anywhere else we can go?" He looked at her pleadingly.

c l a u d i a
Claudia frowned as they walked out of the school. "Of course, we can go wherever you like," she told him. She didn't know what was causing him so much discomfort at the mention of the lake, but she would avoid it at all costs. She didn't want him to get upset.

Slipping her hand into his, she turned left. "What about the park? You know, the one with the botanical gardens that only old people go to?"

L U C A S
Lucas nodded his head without hesitation to that suggestion. And he unconsciously gave her hand a light squeeze out of relief, though that clearly showed on his face as he relaxed."Yeah, that sounds more like my type of place. "

He was, obviously, more into a less controlled environment when it came to the great outdoors, but he did too like gardens. And he just didn't want to have to go o the lake. He shuddered."I don't see why only the old people go there, it's awesome. Great place to quiet the mind." And everyone knew that he needed that.​

c l a u d i a
Claudia nodded in agreement. She loved quiet places like the park and the lake. Claudia had an affinity for quiet, secluded places where she could sit and read for hours on end. She didn't know how people like Crystal permanently functioned in loud environments.

Claudia also didn't understand how Crystal functioned without being beaten to death on a daily basis.

Soon they were at the botanical gardens, sitting on the grass in a secluded corner bordered by tall, pink rose bushes. Claudia laid down on the grass and stared at the sky.

"It's such a nice day," she mused.​

L U C A S
"It is." Lucas concurred, his legs folded as he fixed the focus on his camera. And it was a nice day with the warm air, sunny sky and just the two of them. Th combination was perfect, just perfect for him. He was especially happy he left school today. It would have been a shame if he missed it.

He took a quick picture of the rose bush walls from a unique angle, that left him on his back. As soon as it flashed, he perked up."Oh!" He chirped and tainted his face."The pictures I took last time, I have them printed out, if you want one or two."

c l a u d i a
Claudia watched Lucas take his pictures. It was relaxing, seeing him in his element and doing something he loved. It was refreshing after seeing him be so cruelly mistreated by everyone at school. Claudia silently wondered what she could do about that particular aspect of Lucas's life. Killing Crystal would be a good start, but Yale didn't accept students with criminal records.

"The pictures you took of me?" Claudia shook her head, which was kind of only a half-movement as her face was resting on the ground. "No. I'm nothing special to look at, plus I have a mirror. You keep them."

L U C A S
"Okay." Lucas nodded and laid back down, watching the shaped clouds floating by. That wasn't true, she was something, someone to look at. At least for him she was. It wasn't just because she was pretty, but because she was o much more beyond that, and he could only see a little of it now, but he wanted to see more, to know her more. And he could tell her more about him, he knew she would listen.

However, he wondered whether he should have it framed or put it away in his book. And it would be creepy to look at it too often, right? "Remember when you ripped away all of those photos with you and your brother and old friends?" He was sure she did, but he had a point to this rhetorical question.

Lucas breathed in slowly and hesitantly said his next words."I was thinking that space looked kind of lonely, so, maybe we could fill up with our own pictures, new ones, better ones. Where you're not acting fake."

c l a u d i a
New pictures? With Lucas?

"I love that idea," said Claudia with a smile. Claudia shifted so her head was laying on his slender chest as she looked up at the clouds. "I did do a bit of a double-take when I turned around and saw that depressingly void space. I would like to fill it up with things I actually like, like you, and Jace Lesecki."

She sighed and picked up her phone, playing a Beautiful Pain song very quietly so they could still talk. "But as I don't think we have access to Jace Lesecki or Embry Ashford, I'll settle for more achievable things."