• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Just a heads-up for @Luma and @Majem

Because I want to cut down dawdling before the journey starts, I'm planning on making a post for the priestess sometime this upcoming week, which would bring her (along with Kiri and Corvus) to the main group gathering at Darius's lab, so that she can see them off, and hopefully we can actually get our characters on the road either immediately following that post, or immediately following the next post from me one cycle later. This will mean skipping Luma's turn (and consequently Majem's, I guess) if there isn't a post for Kiri soon.

Sorry to rush you. Ordinarily I wouldn't be pushing so hard to move things along. But, given the circumstances... yeah.

my brain fog is preventing me from coming up with an actually conversation between Zito and her family, so would anyone be royally upset if I didn't write it and just say "yeah, that was a thing that happened" and send Zito on her way?

Reactions: Effort and Greenie
my brain fog is preventing me from coming up with an actually conversation between Zito and her family, so would anyone be royally upset if I didn't write it and just say "yeah, that was a thing that happened" and send Zito on her way?

That's perfectly fine with me. ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: AnimeLover_Princess
Just a heads-up for @Luma and @Majem

Because I want to cut down dawdling before the journey starts, I'm planning on making a post for the priestess sometime this upcoming week, which would bring her (along with Kiri and Corvus) to the main group gathering at Darius's lab, so that she can see them off, and hopefully we can actually get our characters on the road either immediately following that post, or immediately following the next post from me one cycle later. This will mean skipping Luma's turn (and consequently Majem's, I guess) if there isn't a post for Kiri soon.

Sorry to rush you. Ordinarily I wouldn't be pushing so hard to move things along. But, given the circumstances... yeah.
I'm really sorry about this, but I think I'm gonna have to drop out. I've tried to work up some motivation, but I'm the kinda person that majorly loses interest in something every time there's a big activity gap. I think it was kinda the same for Omnibus too. At least, I feel like Kiri could probably slip out quietly at this point, so hopefully, it won't screw up a lot.

I still think you've done a great job with this RP, the pacing just isn't for me. Hope you have a nice RP going forward.

I'm really sorry about this, but I think I'm gonna have to drop out. I've tried to work up some motivation, but I'm the kinda person that majorly loses interest in something every time there's a big activity gap. I think it was kinda the same for Omnibus too. At least, I feel like Kiri could probably slip out quietly at this point, so hopefully, it won't screw up a lot.

I still think you've done a great job with this RP, the pacing just isn't for me. Hope you have a nice RP going forward.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. And sorry I couldn't keep the RP going as well as I would've liked.

posted,
I only tagged Greenie cause Shireen's the only one Zito directly interacted with and i didn't want to go through and tag everyone whose in the lab (I have to go back and reread a good bit to figure out whose all there)

Reactions: Greenie
posted,
I only tagged Greenie cause Shireen's the only one Zito directly interacted with and i didn't want to go through and tag everyone whose in the lab (I have to go back and reread a good bit to figure out whose all there)

Almost everyone is there, which means almost everyone already knows to be paying attention to that group. Don't worry about it. XD

Reactions: AnimeLover_Princess
...Can I just say that Cúchulainn (a boss from FF12) is a jerk? Let's see...
1: The field you are on has a constant powerful sapping effect going on, which quickly drains your HP even if you are not taking any direct attacks.
2: In addition to this, the boss loves to add even more draining effects, like Poison and, well, Sap, thus causing the indirect damage to get even worse.
3: As if the above wasn't worse enough, he also has a special effect called Invert, which swaps your HP and MP stats. Which means that you are now left with about 250-ish HP, 450 if you are a mage. Add in the above, and that means pretty much instant death.
4: He can do all the above /at will/.

In the game's defense, I /really/ should not be in this area yet, but yeah.

...Can I just say that Cúchulainn (a boss from FF12) is a jerk? Let's see...
1: The field you are on has a constant powerful sapping effect going on, which quickly drains your HP even if you are not taking any direct attacks.
2: In addition to this, the boss loves to add even more draining effects, like Poison and, well, Sap, thus causing the indirect damage to get even worse.
3: As if the above wasn't worse enough, he also has a special effect called Invert, which swaps your HP and MP stats. Which means that you are now left with about 250-ish HP, 450 if you are a mage. Add in the above, and that means pretty much instant death.
4: He can do all the above /at will/.

In the game's defense, I /really/ should not be in this area yet, but yeah.
Cú chulainn is a boss in FF12!?

Huh....

So I was listening to the radio on the drive home today, and they were doing one of those things where they ask a trivia question and people can call the radio station with their answers. And the question was "only 23% of countries in the world do what?" and I swear nearly half of the people who called in said "offer free healthcare"

And I'm just like

I dunno the exact numbers of the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's not that rare of a concept.

And then there was one caller who said "allow you to divorce".

And at that point I'm just like ???

Do you really think that the US is one of only 23% of countries that allow such a basic freedom?? Do you really think most of the rest of the world is so dogmatic that they don't even allow anyone to get out of a marriage?? Do you really think that separation of church and state is practically unheard of in over three-fourths of the world??

*sigh* I suppose this is one downside to my particular taste in music. Most radio stations that play it are coupled with a rather conservative target audience. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Effort
@Neobullseye @Turtle Knight @Majem @Effort @Greenie @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

Mmmmokay. So.

In the IC post I made just now, I gave you guys an option as to which of the two suggested routes to take. (Or at least, those are the two options to start with. I won't completely discount the possibility of you guys thinking outside the box and doing something completely different if that's how things go.) You can continue to RP this scene and essentially let your characters come to a decision IC, or, we can just talk it out and decide on something in the OOC, and then do another time skip to actually get our characters on the road, having already decided on the path they want to take.

I mentioned before that I want to get the actual journey started as soon as possible, but I also don't want to skip over stuff that you guys would rather see played out, lol. So, I guess it's up to you guys what you'd rather do. (But bear in mind that @An Otaku still can't jump into the IC until our characters start moving. So, uh... if you do want to continue the scene, then, at least be mindful of that, and try not to let that scene go on for too long...)

I know for sure Shireen would suggest the path that doesn't go through the desert.. she'd be concerned for her new Aquan friend ^^

Reactions: Turtle Knight
I know for sure Shireen would suggest the path that doesn't go through the desert.. she'd be concerned for her new Aquan friend ^^
Calder will second that. xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
So I was listening to the radio on the drive home today, and they were doing one of those things where they ask a trivia question and people can call the radio station with their answers. And the question was "only 23% of countries in the world do what?" and I swear nearly half of the people who called in said "offer free healthcare"

And I'm just like

I dunno the exact numbers of the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's not that rare of a concept.

And then there was one caller who said "allow you to divorce".

And at that point I'm just like ???

Do you really think that the US is one of only 23% of countries that allow such a basic freedom?? Do you really think most of the rest of the world is so dogmatic that they don't even allow anyone to get out of a marriage?? Do you really think that separation of church and state is practically unheard of in over three-fourths of the world??

*sigh* I suppose this is one downside to my particular taste in music. Most radio stations that play it are coupled with a rather conservative target audience. :/

Ironically, looking at a map I don't think that first number (the one about free healthcare) is that far off. The key word here is 'free' and 'countries'. Sure, the western world encompasses quite a large chunk of the earth's population, but there arený a whole lot of them. I mean, North America only has like, what, four countries in total? Europe has more, but the spots where the continent is the most fragmented (the far south-east, amongst which are the remnants of the USSR) tend to be the exact region where health care is also lacking. Contrast Africa and Southern Asia, both of which have a ton of countries, some of which are so small they don't even show up on a global map. In total, according to Wikipedia, 58 out of 197 countries offer universal health care, which boils down to 29%. A notable difference, sure, but still.

As for the divorce thing... According to the internet, only two countries in the word do /not/ allow divorcement period, one of which is Vatican City (which, considering it's the seat of power for the Catholic Church, has plenty reasons not to allow it right there) -- and even they have some clause for annuling marriages. So yeah, I'm not going to defend that one XD.

Also, on the note of which path to chose...
The shorter of these lines was the more direct route to Iblea, but it cut across the dry, desert-like land that stood between the two cities.

Somehow, I don't think Calder is going to like that path a whole lot :P

Reactions: Turtle Knight
Darius will want the path with the least amount of risks to the party and the most ease of travel. Also he will attempt to scout ahead with magic.

Calder will second that. xD
Also, on the note of which path to chose...

Somehow, I don't think Calder is going to like that path a whole lot :P
Darius will want the path with the least amount of risks to the party and the most ease of travel. Also he will attempt to scout ahead with magic.

Does this mean everyone agrees that we should time skip to it instead of continuing the scene any further?

Does this mean everyone agrees that we should time skip to it instead of continuing the scene any further?

Eh, sure. Alicia has done what she needed to do. I could still imagine some IC chattering to actually come to this conclusion, but nothing major. Certainly nothing that requires several more posts from everyone. In fact, we could even put this in a pre-post after the timeskip, or so to speak.