My laptop died yesterday. Something happened during one of the updates and now it just won't restart. I am borrowing a laptop for the interim but posts may be delayed.

Quick question, when/where exactly does the booting fail?

Quick question, when/where exactly does the booting fail?
It gets to the screen that says "hp" with a little spinny circle on it, but never moves past it (The start up screen). I've done a system restore, but as soon as it connected to the internet it redownloads the update that kills it and I can't stop it soon enough.

It gets to the screen that says "hp" with a little spinny circle on it, but never moves past it (The start up screen). I've done a system restore, but as soon as it connected to the internet it redownloads the update that kills it and I can't stop it soon enough.

Hmm... Well, the good news is that it does seem to be a software-related problem, which means it should be fixable easily enough (relatively speaking). Try having the local computer expert look at it; I think s/he should be able to fix it.

Hmm... Well, the good news is that it does seem to be a software-related problem, which means it should be fixable easily enough (relatively speaking). Try having the local computer expert look at it; I think s/he should be able to fix it.
that's the plan. I'm taking it into the shop tonight

I got my laptop back day before yesterday. :)

Hey guys. It's with a heavy heart that I'm going to step back from this role-play. As much as I love the cast and the concept, I'm not sure how to proceed with the rp anymore. I sincerely apologise and hope maybe to return one day if possible, or RP with y'all again. It's been a treat.

Hey guys. It's with a heavy heart that I'm going to step back from this role-play. As much as I love the cast and the concept, I'm not sure how to proceed with the rp anymore. I sincerely apologise and hope maybe to return one day if possible, or RP with y'all again. It's been a treat.

Alright, thanks for letting us know.

Reactions: Greenie
Roll call?

I'm still here, physically at least.

My mental health crashed hardcore recently, so now I'm kinda... slowly putting my life back together, hence the drop in my GM presence.

Hopefully I can start doing some stuff again in a couple of weeks.

I'm here too. I'm not sure if it's my turn or not though?

I'm here, kinda

I'm here too. I'm not sure if it's my turn or not though?

Ehhh, kinda? It's mainly @Turtle of Doom's turn now (previously Greenie's turn), and then you would be after Turtle.

And uh, in that case, you can post now if you want -- since I've never really enforced a strict "turn order", and only keep track of "turns" so that I know who to poke next.

Ehhh, kinda? It's mainly @Turtle of Doom's turn now (previously Greenie's turn), and then you would be after Turtle.

And uh, in that case, you can post now if you want -- since I've never really enforced a strict "turn order", and only keep track of "turns" so that I know who to poke next.
I'm not sure how to reply, to be honest. :/

@Neobullseye @Turtle of Doom @Majem @Effort @Demmy @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

So uh

I'm probably going to be shutting this RP down soon.

I'm sorry to those of you who were invested in this RP, but I think it's clear to everyone that I'm really not capable of running roleplays right now in my life. Actually, I'd say that's been clear for a long time. And I probably should've stepped away from this a long time ago, too. The amount of enjoyment I get out of it just isn't worth the time and effort I have to put into it (not to mention the stress and guilt of leaving everyone held up for so long).

There is a possibility that I might drop all my RP's and step away from RPing as a whole for a while, but I'm not completely settled on that just yet. But as for this RP? It's by far the most difficult one that I'm running, and I regret letting it take such a toll on me for so long. For the sake of my own health, I really need to let this one go.

Sorry again about this.

@Neobullseye @Turtle of Doom @Majem @Effort @Demmy @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

So uh

I'm probably going to be shutting this RP down soon.

I'm sorry to those of you who were invested in this RP, but I think it's clear to everyone that I'm really not capable of running roleplays right now in my life. Actually, I'd say that's been clear for a long time. And I probably should've stepped away from this a long time ago, too. The amount of enjoyment I get out of it just isn't worth the time and effort I have to put into it (not to mention the stress and guilt of leaving everyone held up for so long).

There is a possibility that I might drop all my RP's and step away from RPing as a whole for a while, but I'm not completely settled on that just yet. But as for this RP? It's by far the most difficult one that I'm running, and I regret letting it take such a toll on me for so long. For the sake of my own health, I really need to let this one go.

Sorry again about this.
Alright, man. Peace.

@Neobullseye @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

I'm also shutting down Welcome Back to the Guild. Figured I might as well mention that here, rather than bumping the already-close-to-being-archived thread and then immediately requesting to have it archived anyway.