• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I'm pretty sure I didn't actually edit the post last night after I said I would.

I'll do that right now, before I forget again. XD

Apparently, I've not been getting alerts for this thread >:[

So, right now I'm planning the timeskip post. It's going to be long, firstly because I plan to include a few scenes depicting mysterious plot-relevant things that happen overnight, secondly because I have a good chunk of content planned for what happens to my own characters in the morning, and thirdly (and this is the part that concerns you all) -- I really want our party to hit the road with as little delay as possible, and to do that, I have some plans that should streamline the whole process of everyone gathering in the morning and getting ready to leave as one group. But to do that, I first need to know what everyone's plans were for the morning, if any.

@Turtle of the Tired and @Greenie, am I correct in thinking that you were planning on having your two characters getting ready together in the morning? If so, you can probably go ahead with whatever you had planned -- I just want to know about it so that I can mention it in my timeskip post. As for everyone else (@Neobullseye, @Effort, @Luma, @Rithas, @AnimeLover_Princess), let me know what your plans were for the morning, if you have any. If you didn't have any plans, don't worry about that, I'll sort it out. But if you can think of any specific reason why your character wouldn't want to go on the journey and you're struggling to find the way around that (for example: not enough money, not wanting to abandon their life here, not thinking that Ace is enough of a threat, etc), then let me know about that, and I'll try to remedy that somewhere in my post, too.

@Majem I know you're in a bit of an interesting spot right now because your character wasn't there for the priestess's spiel and sort of came in late on that whole thing with Ace being obviously evil and up to no good. So, I'm not sure if your character has any reason to want to go on the journey, or even knows that the journey is a thing that's happening. Let me know if you had any plans for how Corvus would join in on all that -- if not, I have a backup plan.

@An Otaku I'm really not sure when you planned on having your characters jump into the IC at all, actually. I know we agreed it would be better to wait for the timeskip, but, does that mean that your characters will be in Atvance and joining in with the rest of the party before they leave? Or would you rather wait and have your characters cross paths with the rest of the party shortly after the journey begins, and think up a reason for them to join forces at that point? The choice is yours -- I just want to know which method you preferred, so that I can plan for it.

If all goes well, the timeskip post should be up sometime next week.

Since it seems like the timeskip will be fast-forwarding them within Atvance, as opposed to be transported along the way somewhere (which makes sense, of course), I'm thinking of having Mister Garret and Dust join the party during their travel away from the town. Really wanting to give them a proper, solid reason for hanging about, and I don't think that would be possible in Atvance or before/during the timeskip.

If I can come up with something vaguely based around events within the timeskip post, I'll let you know so that neither of us are blind on how they're going to fit in. In short, yes; they'll be crossing paths shortly after the journey begins.

Post-Edit: they'll be like a couple of right DLC companions to the main party. And the best part? They're free!! Hidden agendas and evil plot arcs not withstanding. Download today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kagayours
Well, the reason for Corvus to be in Atvance (y'know, just besides being a wanderer) was because he was having doubts about his abilities and actions and wanted to ask the priestess for guidance. Plus, him being homeless, he'd probably take refuge in the temple for the night, anyway.
As for joining reason. I think he'd be pretty upset with Ace being a soul eater.
@Kagayours

Last edited by a moderator:
Will talk to Greenie, and get back to you.

Reactions: Greenie
@Kagayours

So basicallyy and Turtle's post will be the next day then, heading to the laboratory. So should we post before the time skip? Also I wanted to ask if the dog would still be around?

As for joining reason. I think he'd be pretty upset with Ace being a soul eater.

To be fair, even the priestess doesn't know that particular detail about him. o.o But, yeah, thanks for the info, I can make that work.

@Kagayours

So basicallyy and Turtle's post will be the next day then, heading to the laboratory. So should we post before the time skip? Also I wanted to ask if the dog would still be around?

o.o Deeeefinitely wait till after the timeskip to post anything that's happening the next day. ^^" Thanks for letting me know what your plans are, though. I can set the timeskip post in such a way that Turtle won't have to change her plans too much.

And no, the dog won't still be around in the morning.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
o.o Deeeefinitely wait till after the timeskip to post anything that's happening the next day. ^^" Thanks for letting me know what your plans are, though. I can set the timeskip post in such a way that Turtle won't have to change her plans too much.

And no, the dog won't still be around in the morning.
Okeedokee! :D We'll wait then, see what comes up and probably make a post according to what you put up :D

Kiri being a wanderer, she'll either be staying at a nearby inn or sleeping on a rooftop. As for her morning: explore the local restaurants for breakfast and then wander around confused until she finds "the party."

So, right now I'm planning the timeskip post. It's going to be long, firstly because I plan to include a few scenes depicting mysterious plot-relevant things that happen overnight, secondly because I have a good chunk of content planned for what happens to my own characters in the morning, and thirdly (and this is the part that concerns you all) -- I really want our party to hit the road with as little delay as possible, and to do that, I have some plans that should streamline the whole process of everyone gathering in the morning and getting ready to leave as one group. But to do that, I first need to know what everyone's plans were for the morning, if any.

@Turtle of the Tired and @Greenie, am I correct in thinking that you were planning on having your two characters getting ready together in the morning? If so, you can probably go ahead with whatever you had planned -- I just want to know about it so that I can mention it in my timeskip post. As for everyone else (@Neobullseye, @Effort, @Luma, @Rithas, @AnimeLover_Princess), let me know what your plans were for the morning, if you have any. If you didn't have any plans, don't worry about that, I'll sort it out. But if you can think of any specific reason why your character wouldn't want to go on the journey and you're struggling to find the way around that (for example: not enough money, not wanting to abandon their life here, not thinking that Ace is enough of a threat, etc), then let me know about that, and I'll try to remedy that somewhere in my post, too.

@Majem I know you're in a bit of an interesting spot right now because your character wasn't there for the priestess's spiel and sort of came in late on that whole thing with Ace being obviously evil and up to no good. So, I'm not sure if your character has any reason to want to go on the journey, or even knows that the journey is a thing that's happening. Let me know if you had any plans for how Corvus would join in on all that -- if not, I have a backup plan.

@An Otaku I'm really not sure when you planned on having your characters jump into the IC at all, actually. I know we agreed it would be better to wait for the timeskip, but, does that mean that your characters will be in Atvance and joining in with the rest of the party before they leave? Or would you rather wait and have your characters cross paths with the rest of the party shortly after the journey begins, and think up a reason for them to join forces at that point? The choice is yours -- I just want to know which method you preferred, so that I can plan for it.

If all goes well, the timeskip post should be up sometime next week.

Victarion doesn't really see Ace as a threat. Hell even if he was a threat, along as he wasn't a threat to him specifically Victarion still probably wouldn't care. Also, He doesn't actually like being in groups for longer then a day.

He probably slept on a rooftop. And spending the morning prowling the town trying to entertain himself.

Victarion doesn't really see Ace as a threat. Hell even if he was a threat, along as he wasn't a threat to him specifically Victarion still probably wouldn't care. Also, He doesn't actually like being in groups for longer then a day.

He probably slept on a rooftop. And spending the morning prowling the town trying to entertain himself.
Oi, get your own rooftop!

The only thing I really want Alicia to do is post those letters, to get some people to dig into Ace's background a bit. Seeing as that doesn't really require her interacting with any other PCs, that can be stuffed into my first post after the time skip. Aside from that, she has ample reasons to join the journey by now, even if only because traveling in a group is safer now that she has pissed off Ace anyway.

Darius was going to attempt to contact his parents in the capital to see if they could, or would be willing, to help in any capacity. He also would have attempted to contact any of his other scholar friends to see if they could find any information about Ace or Cloak and Dagger. He would have also tried to find someone to maintain his things while he was gone, mostly by way of a ward to keep small animals and insects from overrunning the place.

During that night he may attempt to establish a remote sensory spell using one of Cloak's feathers as a focus, so that he could keep an eye and ear on the other group.

uh I was gonna have Zito talk to her parents (though I'm still not 100% sure how that conversation would go) and have them speed her on her way to go save the world.

@Kagayours

During that night he may attempt to establish a remote sensory spell using one of Cloak's feathers as a focus, so that he could keep an eye and ear on the other group.

So... does that mean he attempts the spell, or he doesn't? I need to know whether or not I should work something about that into my post.

The timeskip post is almost finished. Reading it now, it feels kind of... self-gratuitous? There are a lot of long, drawn-out scenes involving Ace, the twins, and other mysterious figures... scenes that I didn't plan on making so long, but, the early drafts left certain holes that I realized wouldn't make a lot of sense without being properly expanded on, and then those scenes left holes that I felt like I had to flesh out, and... yeah... I feel like it kind of ballooned out of control. >_> Sure, with some editing and re-writing, I could theoretically cut it back down to size, but... I really don't want to keep you guys waiting any longer.

Hopefully the post doesn't look too much like a bunch of obnoxious fluff. ><"

Reactions: An Otaku