• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Funny you mention that. I'd planned on just playing the hybrid Dust, but Kaga said she'd die far too quickly. So old man joined the fun.

But very impressive table, very informative. I'll be sure to consult it before committing to any of Walter's actions.

I didn't say she'd die too quickly in the RP. I said it didn't make sense for her to travel all the way from Omviway to Atvance on her own, since I definitely didn't see her surviving that journey. XD Nor would it make sense for her father to want her to go alone.

If she lived in Atvance to begin with, then it wouldn't have been as much of an issue. :P We already have a sizable traveling party shaping up, after all.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
@Neobullseye @Turtle of the Tired @Majem @Effort @An Otaku @Luma @Greenie @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

Soooo given what's happening in the IC right now, I think the fight will definitely be wrapped up sooner rather than later. Ace would rather cut his losses now than to keep going and let things escalate further.

But now the question is... do you guys want the time skip to happen in my next post? Or do you want me to make a post for Ace, Cloak, and Dagger that sort of wraps things up there, and then make a time skip post after another cycle goes through?

I don't see myself being able to make a timeskip post in the near future. Like I said before, I've been kind of busy all of a sudden, and even getting a standard-size post out before the end of the week will be a bit of a challenge for me. A timeskip post would take me much longer to get done. If I ignore all my other responsibilities and prioritize the time skip post, then I might be able to get it done sometime around the start of next week (although, that would make it much harder for me to catch up on everything else in my life...). If I try to be a bit more reasonable about things and still make room for my other responsibilities, then it might not be out until at least a week from today. Never mind the fact that I have posts in other RP's that I'm kind of overdue on, too.

Obviously, just making a standard size post and saving the timeskip for the next cycle would be the much easier option. The problem is, once the fight wraps up... well, I don't think there would be much left for you guys to do. And I don't want you guys to feel like everything's kind of at a standstill until I can get that timeskip post up. Especially since I'd want to catch up on some other posts -- not to mention just general life stuff that I feel like I've fallen behind on -- before I get back to work on Altera stuff. And I don't want you guys to just be sitting around twiddling your thumbs in the meantime.

So, uh... neither option is great... which I apologize for... I am honestly amazed at how quickly I went from being fairly on top of things, to feeling completely swamped, despite having more spoons to spare than I had last month. ><"

So I guess the question I'm trying to ask here is: which option seems like the lesser of two evils? Would you rather wait quite a while to see any post from me, put then get a timeskip when I finally do post? Or would you rather get a standard post from me within the next few days, and then wait much longer for a timeskip post, while maybe being able to mingle and wrap up some other IC things in the meantime?

Edit: Personally I would strongly prefer to get a standard post out now, then get a timeskip post out a while later. It would give me some time to catch my breath and all that. My only major hangup with this is that I really don't want you guys to all be sitting around with nothing to do for an indefinite amount of time...

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenie
Hm, personally I'd go for a standard post, and then later the time skip.

Reactions: Kagayours
I'm seconding the standard post. We can always talk a bit amongst ourselves in the meantime -- which, considering what is going on makes perfect sense.

I third the idea of Ace tossing the smoke bomb and skeddadling with his gang now if it's easier on you.

@Neobullseye @Turtle of the Tired @Majem @Effort @An Otaku @Luma @Greenie @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

Soooo given what's happening in the IC right now, I think the fight will definitely be wrapped up sooner rather than later. Ace would rather cut his losses now than to keep going and let things escalate further.

But now the question is... do you guys want the time skip to happen in my next post? Or do you want me to make a post for Ace, Cloak, and Dagger that sort of wraps things up there, and then make a time skip post after another cycle goes through?

I don't see myself being able to make a timeskip post in the near future. Like I said before, I've been kind of busy all of a sudden, and even getting a standard-size post out before the end of the week will be a bit of a challenge for me. A timeskip post would take me much longer to get done. If I ignore all my other responsibilities and prioritize the time skip post, then I might be able to get it done sometime around the start of next week (although, that would make it much harder for me to catch up on everything else in my life...). If I try to be a bit more reasonable about things and still make room for my other responsibilities, then it might not be out until at least a week from today. Never mind the fact that I have posts in other RP's that I'm kind of overdue on, too.

Obviously, just making a standard size post and saving the timeskip for the next cycle would be the much easier option. The problem is, once the fight wraps up... well, I don't think there would be much left for you guys to do. And I don't want you guys to feel like everything's kind of at a standstill until I can get that timeskip post up. Especially since I'd want to catch up on some other posts -- not to mention just general life stuff that I feel like I've fallen behind on -- before I get back to work on Altera stuff. And I don't want you guys to just be sitting around twiddling your thumbs in the meantime.

So, uh... neither option is great... which I apologize for... I am honestly amazed at how quickly I went from being fairly on top of things, to feeling completely swamped, despite having more spoons to spare than I had last month. ><"

So I guess the question I'm trying to ask here is: which option seems like the lesser of two evils? Would you rather wait quite a while to see any post from me, put then get a timeskip when I finally do post? Or would you rather get a standard post from me within the next few days, and then wait much longer for a timeskip post, while maybe being able to mingle and wrap up some other IC things in the meantime?

Edit: Personally I would strongly prefer to get a standard post out now, then get a timeskip post out a while later. It would give me some time to catch my breath and all that. My only major hangup with this is that I really don't want you guys to all be sitting around with nothing to do for an indefinite amount of time...
Standard post for now is fine.

AND THEN, MOTIVATED BY STRESS, I MANAGED TO WHIP UP A POST FOR ACE AND HIS GUARDS IN ONE SITTING! Thus allowing me to get it up a couple days ahead of schedule.

Thank you to everyone who said they'd be fine with me only doing the standard post for now. I've suddenly found myself in a bit of a tight spot in life, but I'll be trying to get everything straightened back out again as soon as I can.

I might be prioritizing other RP posts over the timeskip post, though. Sorry again about that. It's just that, getting caught up on all that other stuff will help put me in a better place in general, and allow me to work on the timeskip post in a clearer state of mind when I do sit down to work on that.

Ace just like
cut.gif

Diplomacy FTW! :D

On another note, I'll try to pump out an IC post saturday.

The duo had only taken a few steps away before they both vanished from sight completely.

Question: Did they essentially teleport away? Or are they just pulling the same invisibility trick that Ace puled?

Question: Did they essentially teleport away? Or are they just pulling the same invisibility trick that Ace puled?

From the perspective of the player characters, it would be impossible to tell. :P

But yeah, they just turned invisible.

Edit: Worth noting, this is not the exact same invisibility that they used for Ace's bubble. They're better hidden now.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Neobullseye
Posted. I kinda forgot to mention I would be on holiday this weekend, but it seems it was fine so eh

I some how missed your post when writing mine, @Rithas XD
I edited my post so Zito acknowledges Victarion :)
my bad, I couldn't tag you in it though, sorry

Also, before I forget again... @Kagayours , I made a terminology mistake in my second-to-last post for Alicia, stating that she slammed her wand to the ground; a terminology mistake that you copied afterwards. Thing it, wands are just small sticks, making it logically impossible to do such a thing with it. The word I should have used (and actually did use in the CS) is a staff -- calling a staff a wand is like calling a two-handed broadsword a dagger. Normally I wouldn't even bring it up, but for some reason it's bothering me now >_<. Would it be too much of a hassle for you to change it too?

Also, before I forget again... @Kagayours , I made a terminology mistake in my second-to-last post for Alicia, stating that she slammed her wand to the ground; a terminology mistake that you copied afterwards. Thing it, wands are just small sticks, making it logically impossible to do such a thing with it. The word I should have used (and actually did use in the CS) is a staff -- calling a staff a wand is like calling a two-handed broadsword a dagger. Normally I wouldn't even bring it up, but for some reason it's bothering me now >_<. Would it be too much of a hassle for you to change it too?

Oh, sure thing, I can change it.

I think the term wand could still work, I believe it's synonymous with words like "staff" and "rod". But I think the use of it here as a wand implies it would used less as a quarterstaff and more like a magical focus, if you chose to stick with "wand".

I think the term wand could still work, I believe it's synonymous with words like "staff" and "rod". But I think the use of it here as a wand implies it would used less as a quarterstaff and more like a magical focus, if you chose to stick with "wand".

From my understanding, wands are small sticks a la Harry Potter or fairies, rods are mid-sized weaons about the same length as a shortsword, and staffs are full-length weapons a la Gandalf. honestly, it doesn't even matter all that much, it just bothered me for some reason. ...My brain can be weird at times