• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
You're welcome to do so.

Ah, alright, so, here's a quick summary of everything that's happened so far:
  • Ace showed up in the town square and gave his spiel about how he's gonna ~save Altera~ but he needs donations to help make it happen.
  • Darius accidentally caused an explosion in his magic lab. This attracted a lot of attention, and it wasn't long before most of our characters flocked there. This also included the Priestess of Atvance, who informed everyone (or at least, everyone that was present) that Ace is far more evil and dangerous than he appeared to be, and that our characters had been chosen by the gods to follow Ace to Tarocchi and put a stop to his plans. …Whatever his plans are.
  • While all this was happening, one of Ace's henchman gave Raymond a suspicious tap on the back of the neck — and then Raymond chased him down and threatened to kill him if he didn't explain what he was up to. But the henchman refused to say anything, and said that he wasn't afraid of Raymond's threats because the punishment he would get from Ace if he spilled any of his secrets would be "worse than death".
  • Raymond (and Calder, who met up with Raymond while all this was happening) brought the henchman back to Ace, and said that they could tell Ace was a bad leader and probably up to no good just based off of how the henchman talked about him. When the henchman realized he was going to be punished, he begged for Calder and Raymond to kill him, but Ace had the henchman whisked away by one of his Avian bodyguards and taken out-of-sight.
  • After Raymond and Calder left the scene, Ace had his Avian bodyguard set up a little invisibility bubble where he could do bad things to the henchman without anyone else seeing or hearing it.
  • Darius — who has certain magical sensitivities that allow him to perceive things that most people can't — heard the henchman's screams, as the invisibility bubble apparently wasn't affecting him. He went out to investigate — and I'm just going to link the post describing what he saw, because I'm not sure how to summarize that moment without being confusingly vague, or without including spoilers.
  • When Ace realized he was being watched, he sent his two Avian bodyguards after Darius, and then Alicia stepped in to protect him.
  • Meanwhile, Victarion was near the invisibility bubble and saw suspicious things happening around it, so he swooped down to investigate. Right now he's walking towards the bubble to see if anything weird happens when he gets inside it. (Not that he really knows for sure that it's a bubble, he just saw weird things happening and is trying to figure out what's up.)
  • Also meanwhile, a stray dog started following Shireen around, and stayed by her side as she had a nice little chat with Calder, where Shireen told Calder about everything that happened with the Priestess and the "quest from the gods" and all that, while Calder filled Shireen in about what happened with the henchman.
We're approaching the evening hours in RP time. Right now, the center of action is in the little skirmish happening with Darius and Ace's bodyguards, while most of the other characters in the RP are sort of wrapping everything up for the day in preparation for the time skip to tomorrow morning, which will occur once the whole thing with Ace's bodyguards gets resolved. After that, the actual journey to Tarocchi will begin (sooo, I'd say you joined at a pretty good time!).

Right now you could have Corvus join in on the action that's happening surrounding Ace and all that, if you want. OR you could have Corvus interact with another player in the RP, if anyone else is still up for doing stuff before the time skip happens. After all, I don't want everyone to feel like they have to just sit around and twiddle their thumbs until the fight is wrapped up…

OR, theoretically, you could just wait for the timeskip, also. Although I'm not sure I'd recommend that option, since it's honestly hard to say how much longer it'll be before the fight is resolved.

Nice @Kagayours :D That was pretty useful for the rest of us as well, I bet!

Darius prepared for the Avian to charge around Alicia, whipping up his floating glob of water into a bolt to launch right at his beak.

Avians don't have beaks.

Reactions: Majem
:D In other news!! I am very excited to show you all!! This awesome commission of Ace that was done by @Luindis!! :D

Ace_by_Lundis%20copy.jpg

Ooooooh OwO that is lovely!!! <3 <3

Ah, so Ace is actually Mr.Stealyourgurl.

I was going to make a comment about how being so charmingly handsome makes it easier for him to use his charisma to manipulate people and convince them to give him money and support him politically.

But then I remembered that the president of the US is a soggy cheeto puff, so I guess there's not as strong of a correlation as I thought.

Edit: But yeah Ace has the makings of a real ladies' man. :3

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
I was going to make a comment about how being so charmingly handsome makes it easier for him to use his charisma to manipulate people and convince them to give him money and support him politically.

But then I remembered that the president of the US is a soggy cheeto puff, so I guess there's not as strong of a correlation as I thought.

Edit: But yeah Ace has the makings of a real ladies' man. :3
Good thing I'm not a lady. Imma deck him in the schnoz.

Also on the subject of commissions! Here's one from @PurpleDemon of the goddess Diana:

Diana_by_PurpleDemon%20copy.png

I just edited the portrait of Ace into the OP, and I'm about to add Diana to the Pantheon blog entry.

And it has occurred to me that I should probably be looking to get commissions of all the demi-humans before I prioritize all the gods and goddesses. owo"" Oh well. I'll come back to those later.

• Love
Reactions: Rithas and Greenie
Ayyye :D Beautiful!

~ヾ(・ω・) Greetings all!

I was told there was still room for another PC, so... here I am! Hopefully my would-be addition doesn't clog anything up. But ah, I have a question or two, that might be relevant to other people (unless it's already been answered...):

What level of prosthesis does Altera possess? I've seen in some fantasy settings some rather versatile replacement parts, existing under the pretense of special materials, magic, or just incredible feats of engineering. Does that sound unlikely for the region?

Also. If it does, would it be possible to use an Element to "operate" such a "mechanism"? Like using Air to flow through a limb in order to gyrate pivot points, pull strings, and such? Or maybe using the Earth element to directly control said prosthesis, given the proper material (I know Earth is more about plants & healing, but the blog states it "focuses less" on rocks and such. Implying there is some, small, degree of potential there...)?

What level of prosthesis does Altera possess? I've seen in some fantasy settings some rather versatile replacement parts, existing under the pretense of special materials, magic, or just incredible feats of engineering. Does that sound unlikely for the region?

Also. If it does, would it be possible to use an Element to "operate" such a "mechanism"? Like using Air to flow through a limb in order to gyrate pivot points, pull strings, and such? Or maybe using the Earth element to directly control said prosthesis, given the proper material (I know Earth is more about plants & healing, but the blog states it "focuses less." Implying there is some, small, degree of potential there...)?

Hmm. Interesting questions. I'd say that if any sort of prostheses exist, they would have to be powered by magic, as I don't think they would work any other way. But it would be a very advanced sort of thing. If it was created by the owner of said prosthesis, then that owner would have to be very skilled with magic (not to mention, they'd certainly need a fair level of mechanical know-how, as well). If it was purchased, then the owner would have to be very wealthy. It makes sense that magic-powered prostheses would exist, it's just that they would probably be somewhat rare, and mostly reserved for the wealthy, unless you're really good with DIY.

As for the magical setups you suggested... eh. I'd say those approaches could theoretically work, but the prosthetic limb wouldn't move very naturally. You'd have to put a lot more conscious thought into each movement of the limb, the bending of each joint, etc. And the wind example especially would require the maker of the prosthesis to also have a significant level of mechanical skill in order to create such a thing. If you want a magic-powered prosthesis that moves in a more natural fashion, then you'd need something more sophisticated than raw elemental magic. For example, there could be some sort of spell that connects the prosthesis to the wearer's mind, allowing them to move the limb in much the same way as their organic limbs. But, that's also the sort of thing that would be too out-of-reach for most people, unless they have the right resources.

All that being said, I really like the idea, so I want to think of a way to make it work. XD

I'd say that the raw magic approach could sort of work if your character engineered it, themselves, but it would also be less reliable and harder to move properly. A more sophisticated approach -- like a spell that connects it to their mind -- would give you a much more reliable prosthesis, but your character would need a good reason to even have something as fancy as that. :P

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I'll post tomorrow hopefully.

Victarion shall continue to not care about other people's lives.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Neobullseye
GET YOUR WIND CONTROLLED ARM TODAY

ONLY NINE NINETY NINE IN ALTERIAN BUCKAROOS!

MagiTech Corp.® is not to be held responsible for the user's actions involving the AeroArm©. Any and all damage to goods and/or persons, including but not limited to the user, through use or misuse of the AeroArm© is the responsibility of the user.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Effort
IC posts might be a bit delayed for a while. Sorry in advance.

Hopefully it won't be too long, though. A post for Cloak and Dagger is like... second-highest priority on my list of IC posts I have to do. It'll probably be out before the end of this week.