I'd say hypnosis, as a general rule, would probably fall under the category of dark magic. o_o" But, trying to use hypnosis to do something good would be... interesting. I'd say it's possible to do it, but it would certainly be very controversial. o_o"
Perfect.

Sorry I've been kinda MIA
I didn't expect to be as busy this summer as I have been.
I'll try and get a post for Zito out soon

Reactions: Kagayours
Name: Corvus Clemmons (Real name: Magnus Vaccanis)
Race: Human
Persuasion: Cups
Element: Earth
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Appearance: Standing at 6'3 and weighing 330 lbs, people have described him as a bear, a pyran, or more appropriate for his family's business, a bull. A life of cow herding has given him a fair tan and a huge amount of meat in his diet, leaving him obese, but stronger than he may appear at first. He keeps his hair very short, if not completely bald at times as he feels it's too itchy underneath the hood of the cloak he nearly always wears. In an attempt to honour Corvenus, he wears a dark cloak, a sword at his side, a book in his pockets and a beaked mask of which he has two, one black and one white. Sometimes he also wears a black leather hat.

Weapons/other combat abilities:
Claymore
A big, heavy sword to fit his own size and his Corvenus costume. He does not have any training with it.

Healing
Magnus is very good at healing animals and people, able to mend serious injuries. He is powerless when it comes to plant life.

Hypnosis
If it were not illegal, Magnus would proudly proclaim this to be his trademark spell. With a gaze into your eyes he can alter your thoughts and, given enough time, force you to do actions you may not want to do. However, he mostly uses this power to aide people who are mentally scarred, wishing to forget certain memories that have plagued them for years, or return feelings that were lost. With his current nomadic lifestyle however, he does not shy away from using this skill to make merchants give him their wares if the need is too dire.

Hexing
Quite similar to his hypnosis, he can use this to alter emotions and memories of people, or of other people around one person. Usually, once his patients problems are fixed through his spells, he will make a talisman that will prolong the effect of his spell within an area, even when he himself is long gone.

Bio:
Magnus was born the youngest of five children to a family of cow herders in Ottan who have a history of being earthen pentacles. So, when Magnus first showed his magical abilities, it was assumed he would follow suit. For the most part, he did. However, his motivation to work hard alongside his brothers and sister stemmed not from an inner drive as it was for them, but a desire to be with his family. The end result was all the same.

Throughout the years of caring for and herding cows towards other cities to be sold, Magnus and everyone in his family became very good at healing and calming animals through the use of magic, though he was far better than his siblings. This became very useful whenever predators decided they could try to pick off one or two of their cattle while they weren't looking. Sometimes they succeeded, but mostly their efforts were fruitless, especially as the boys got older and grew more powerful in their abilities.

It was when Magnus was 16 when the accident happened that changed his life forever. On their way to the capital, a predator unlike any other they have had to deal with before showed up to eat. A dragon, masssive and powerful swooped in seemingly out of nowhere and scooped up two cows with his claws, and another in his mouth. In this maneuver, Magnus' father, David, was knocked off his horse and trampled by several panicked cows. With their combined effort, they managed to keep him alive and well all the way to the capital to get him some professional medical help. When David was deemed fully healed they returned home, content that they survived with little loss to speak of.
Once they got home, they realised the pain was not yet over. Their father, usually outgoing and jovial became more and more isolated, coming up with various excuses as to why he did not want to leave the house, why he did not want to see his friends. While at first they accepted this, given the experience, weeks turned to months and everyone became increasingly worried about him, calling for another doctor to check up on him. But there was nothing wrong, they were told, he just needed rest. Magnus was devastated seeing his father like this, urging his father to come out and rejoin them or even talk about it when even his siblings had given up. It was then that he figured, if he could calm wild animals using magic, why not the same for his father?

And so, he set out to do exactly that, reading every type of book centered around this subject that he could. Magnus was no fool, he understood that these things were a taboo and hypnosis of any kind was a dark magic, but if it meant restoring his broken father, then he would go any length. Two years of studying and practicing on animals was the training he felt needed before he tried this newfound power on his father. With small steps he would heal him. First talking about the event, then his feelings about it, then he tried forcing him to take a step outside.
That is when his father noticed what he was doing. He wasn't mad, but he knew what Magnus was doing was illegal and it certainly didn't help him get over the trauma. After asking for permission, Magnus attempted to remove the memory altogether and that is when he managed to take his true first steps towards salvation and eventually all returned to normal. All but Magnus.

With this new ability, Magnus had finally found his calling. Somehow, he always felt this life of cow herding was not meant for him and now he had a new lease on life. A shaman, a healer, a travelling doctor. He quickly bought a disguise, a weapon and some powerful artifacts. His disguise, and his fake identity, was an homage to Corvenus and his servants.
In the years to come, Corvus Clemmons has healed many patients of their physical injuries as well as their stresses, anxiety, ptsd and many more through the applied use of Hypnosis, or the Accepted Service of Mental Remedy as he likes to call it. Some are simple, but others have required him to dig up graves or draw blood to infuse into artifacts.

Other:
Magnus is no fighter. There is serious power behind his attacks, but he is very slow and anyone could easily dance around or outrun him. Not only physically, but mentally is he slow. Magnus is very focused and will complete tasks given to him, but only one at a time as he is bad at multitasking, which makes him seem even duller than he already is.

While Magnus mainly relies on the generosity of his patients, or whatever he can forage in the wild, he has used his powers for his own benefit and should you anger him you will find he can be just as terrifying as the Gatherers he depicts in his disguise.

Ever since he has taken this new life, he began having dreams. When the full moon shines bright he has the same nightmare where he rides atop a powerful magical beast, sometimes a dragon sometimes a nine-tailed fox. They all end with him stopping in front of the capital and just as his beast is about to unleash an attack he wakes up with beads of sweat dripping from his face. So, every new moon he prays to Celeste, Apollo and Corvenus that this dream is a warning instead of a prophecy and that his mind may stay sane for another month.

He carries a book about edible and poisonous plants both for survival and fitting with his disguise.

Appearance: Standing at 6'3 and weighing 330 lbs, people have described him as a bear, a pyran, or more appropriate for his family's business, a bull. A life of cow herding has given him a fair tan and a huge amount of meat in his diet, leaving him obese, but stronger than he may appear at first. He keeps his hair very short, if not completely bald at times as he feels it's too itchy underneath the hood of the cloak he nearly always wears. In an attempt to honour Corvenus, he wears a dark cloak, a sword at his side, a book in his pockets and a beaked mask of which he has two, one black and one white. Sometimes he also wears a black leather hat.

Claymore
A big, heavy sword to fit his own size and his Corvenus costume. He does not have any training with it.

Healing
Magnus is very good at healing animals and people, able to mend serious injuries. He is powerless when it comes to plant life.

Hypnosis
If it were not illegal, Magnus would proudly proclaim this to be his trademark spell. With a gaze into your eyes he can alter your thoughts and, given enough time, force you to do actions you may not want to do. However, he mostly uses this power to aide people who are mentally scarred, wishing to forget certain memories that have plagued them for years, or return feelings that were lost. With his current nomadic lifestyle however, he does not shy away from using this skill to make merchants give him their wares if the need is too dire.

Hexing
Quite similar to his hypnosis, he can use this to alter emotions and memories of people, or of other people around one person. Usually, once his patients problems are fixed through his spells, he will make a talisman that will prolong the effect of his spell within an area, even when he himself is long gone.

Bio:
Magnus was born the youngest of five children to a family of cow herders in Ottan who have a history of being earthen pentacles. So, when Magnus first showed his magical abilities, it was assumed he would follow suit. For the most part, he did. However, his motivation to work hard alongside his brothers and sister stemmed not from an inner drive as it was for them, but a desire to be with his family. The end result was all the same.

Throughout the years of caring for and herding cows towards other cities to be sold, Magnus and everyone in his family became very good at healing and calming animals through the use of magic, though he was far better than his siblings. This became very useful whenever predators decided they could try to pick off one or two of their cattle while they weren't looking. Sometimes they succeeded, but mostly their efforts were fruitless, especially as the boys got older and grew more powerful in their abilities.

It was when Magnus was 16 when the accident happened that changed his life forever. On their way to the capital, a predator unlike any other they have had to deal with before showed up to eat. A dragon, masssive and powerful swooped in seemingly out of nowhere and scooped up two cows with his claws, and another in his mouth. In this maneuver, Magnus' father, David, was knocked off his horse and trampled by several panicked cows. With their combined effort, they managed to keep him alive and well all the way to the capital to get him some professional medical help. When David was deemed fully healed they returned home, content that they survived with little loss to speak of.
Once they got home, they realised the pain was not yet over. Their father, usually outgoing and jovial became more and more isolated, coming up with various excuses as to why he did not want to leave the house, why he did not want to see his friends. While at first they accepted this, given the experience, weeks turned to months and everyone became increasingly worried about him, calling for another doctor to check up on him. But there was nothing wrong, they were told, he just needed rest. Magnus was devastated seeing his father like this, urging his father to come out and rejoin them or even talk about it when even his siblings had given up. It was then that he figured, if he could calm wild animals using magic, why not the same for his father?

And so, he set out to do exactly that, reading every type of book centered around this subject that he could. Magnus was no fool, he understood that these things were a taboo and hypnosis of any kind was a dark magic, but if it meant restoring his broken father, then he would go any length. Two years of studying and practicing on animals was the training he felt needed before he tried this newfound power on his father. With small steps he would heal him. First talking about the event, then his feelings about it, then he tried forcing him to take a step outside.
That is when his father noticed what he was doing. He wasn't mad, but he knew what Magnus was doing was illegal and it certainly didn't help him get over the trauma. After asking for permission, Magnus attempted to remove the memory altogether and that is when he managed to take his true first steps towards salvation and eventually all returned to normal. All but Magnus.

With this new ability, Magnus had finally found his calling. Somehow, he always felt this life of cow herding was not meant for him and now he had a new lease on life. A shaman, a healer, a travelling doctor. He quickly bought a disguise, a weapon and some powerful artifacts. His disguise, and his fake identity, was an homage to Corvenus and his servants.
In the years to come, Corvus Clemmons has healed many patients of their physical injuries as well as their stresses, anxiety, ptsd and many more through the applied use of Hypnosis, or the Accepted Service of Mental Remedy as he likes to call it. Some are simple, but others have required him to dig up graves or draw blood to infuse into artifacts.

Other:
Magnus is no fighter. There is serious power behind his attacks, but he is very slow and anyone could easily dance around or outrun him. Not only physically, but mentally is he slow. Magnus is very focused and will complete tasks given to him, but only one at a time as he is bad at multitasking, which makes him seem even duller than he already is.

While Magnus mainly relies on the generosity of his patients, or whatever he can forage in the wild, he has used his powers for his own benefit and should you anger him you will find he can be just as terrifying as the Gatherers he depicts in his disguise.

Ever since he has taken this new life, he began having dreams. When the full moon shines bright he has the same nightmare where he rides atop a powerful magical beast, sometimes a dragon sometimes a nine-tailed fox. They all end with him stopping in front of the capital and just as his beast is about to unleash an attack he wakes up with beads of sweat dripping from his face. So, every new moon he prays to Celeste, Apollo and Corvenus that this dream is a warning instead of a prophecy and that his mind may stay sane for another month.

He carries a book about edible and poisonous plants both for survival and fitting with his disguise.

Very interesting stuff! Consider yourself accepted. ^^

Tomorrow I can give you a run-down of what's currently happening in the RP, so that you can join us in the IC.

• Thank You
Reactions: Majem
I'm also glad to see that we have a Scorpio now. :jump:

I'm also glad to see that we have a Scorpio now. :jump:
Yeah, that and I can't believe we haven't had a hardcore dark arts guy before now.... that's surprising. Well, welcome aboard.

Reactions: Majem
Yeah, not a hardcore dark arts guy.
Gosh I gotta stop using that word. By which I mean, a character who uses dark magic as much as their elemental magic (I know Darius has the hex and his research, but I don't think he does it a lot?).

Well, it is quite illegal. Can't do much more research with the limited supplies of a prison, or being dead. I understood what you mean, as the new duder does actively use his dark arts as something of a profession.

Can't do much more research with the limited supplies of a prison, or being dead.

Oh I'd say one would have quite a lot of resources when they're dead...

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Luma
Uh, so , I'm thinking about taking a little bit of liberty with Alicia and which ever Avian is the one that's freaking out about the goo and trying to kill Darius right meow. Like, basically the Avian, Alicia, and Darius go tumbling to the ground. If that's cool.

Uh, so , I'm thinking about taking a little bit of liberty with Alicia and which ever Avian is the one that's freaking out about the goo and trying to kill Darius right meow. Like, basically the Avian, Alicia, and Darius go tumbling to the ground. If that's cool.

I mean... I would say that's not likely to happen with Ace's guards, but, I'm really not sure what exactly you're planning on doing, so it's hard for me to say for sure.

Plus, it seems like you might be forgetting the 2nd Avian guard in this picture.

Basically we have Alicia, then Dagger attempting to stand between Alicia and Darius (which prevents Darius from simply hiding behind Alicia, while also slightly distracting Alicia), and then while all this is happening, we have Cloak (the one that got covered in goo) going after Darius.

And I don't know what would happen that would suddenly cause Alicia, Darius, and Cloak to "tumble to the ground", especially not without Dagger also getting tangled up in whatever thing is causing them all to suddenly fall.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'll definitely be reading through the IC, this seems very interesting. I've been reading 26 pages of OOC because I love this setting so much.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'll definitely be reading through the IC, this seems very interesting. I've been reading 26 pages of OOC because I love this setting so much.

Mmm. Well, alright then -- but I'd be happy to give you a quick summary of things if you change your mind.

Claymore

Healing

Hypnosis

Hexing

Bio:

Other:

Ah....he commits the most henious of crimes.

He cosplays.

Corvus Clemmons (Real name: Magnus Vaccanis)
I don't think you understand how funny this is to me.