I actually have good news!! I will prob get net by tonight!!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru and Kagayours
Funny you should ask because her personality was a little based on a dog character I had, lol. So yeah, she's definitely a dog person!

Note to self: If you ever need to fight Shireen, just throw a ball in her general direction, then stab her when she is distracted :P.

Reactions: Rithas
That part where pretty much all (if not outright all) the currently known Avians end up in the same battle. Birds of a feather flock together?

Get it...

...cause they're bird people..

@Greenie

dog%20acquired%20copy.png

DOG ACQUIRED

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
MK_GOODBOY ?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
@Kagayours ,

My Exams start tomorrow so if I suddenly drop off the face of the earth for two weeks you know why.

• Useful
Reactions: Kagayours
I no one else gets all ashed up. At least, no one in the party.

Also...I wonder if Darius had heard enough to realize this is Ace.

Also...I wonder if Darius had heard enough to realize this is Ace.

Haha, good point! XD I'd forgotten that Darius doesn't know what Ace looks like.

So... I just saw yesterday's Pokémon Direct episode (I didn't even know it was a thing until just now). It... was a thing. And a pretty silly thing at that, if you ask me.

The PD episode in a nutshell:
"First of all, there will be a new Pokémon game for the Switch... Pokkén Tournament DX! (Which totally isn't yet another port with barely any content added, what are you talking about?) YAY! Now enjoy this very repetitive three-minute trailer that tells you absolutely nothing about the game! Please be excited. The game will be released on September 22, 2017.
Oh yeah, by the way, there will be two new main line games: Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. But meh. BACK TO POKKÉN!"
*One minute later*
"What, you really want to hear about those new mainline games? Fine, fine. They'll be new games with a new story and new mons, but set in the same place as Sun & Moon. Current release date is November 17. There, happy now?
Also, in related news, Pokémon Gold and Silver will also be added to the VC... on the same date as Pokkén Tournament DX!"

"First of all, there will be a new Pokémon game for the Switch... Pokkén Tournament DX! (Which totally isn't yet another port with barely any content added, what are you talking about?) YAY! Now enjoy this very repetitive three-minute trailer that tells you absolutely nothing about the game! Please be excited. The game will be released on September 22, 2017.

Hey, at least it's Pokken for the Switch, a console that, like the Wii U, I also don't have -- but unlike the Wii U, I might actually buy.

Also, in related news, Pokémon Gold and Silver will also be added to the VC...

!!! But this!!!

This is the reason why I get up in the morning!!!

And, since all the old glitches still worked in the VC versions of R/B/Y... do you think the old glitches will work in G/S, too? Because... damn. G/S's glitches are harder to run into accidentally, therefore making the game look a lot more stable than the Gen I games on the surface... but if you know what you're doing, the glitches can get way more intense and complicated. O_O

But hey, at least I'll be able to get a Celebi that's transferable to Bank! And it'll feel a lot more rare than a Mew from Gen I, since glitching one's way to a Celebi is a relatively lesser-known trick... :P And a lot harder to pull off.

I will enjoy seeing the LSD coin case glitch on my 3DS screen, though. Assuming all variants of the coin case glitch still work.

Hey, at least it's Pokken for the Switch, a console that, like the Wii U, I also don't have -- but unlike the Wii U, I might actually buy.

Meh. I just really don't care about fighters, let alone enhanced port of fighters. But hey, to each their own ^_^.

!!! But this!!!

This is the reason why I get up in the morning!!!

And, since all the old glitches still worked in the VC versions of R/B/Y... do you think the old glitches will work in G/S, too? Because... damn. G/S's glitches are harder to run into accidentally, therefore making the game look a lot more stable than the Gen I games on the surface... but if you know what you're doing, the glitches can get way more intense and complicated. O_O

Considering the VC is for all intents and purposes an emulator? I don't see why they wouldn't. Remember, GF/Nintendo essentially went: "For a Pokémon to be accepted through Pokémon Bank, it must fill these and these parameters; if not, it gets rejected" as the only safety measure against transferring over Glitch Mons (and even that was not perfect: if a glitched Mew was further glitched/'hacked' to also have the correct Event tags, it was accepted just fine.). I'm assuming that all they cared about was the thing not getting onto the main games and per extension Wonder Trade; whatever you did to your copy of the games was your problem.

But hey, at least I'll be able to get a Celebi that's transferable to Bank! And it'll feel a lot more rare than a Mew from Gen I, since glitching one's way to a Celebi is a relatively lesser-known trick... :P And a lot harder to pull off.

Now I don't know exactly how that glitch will work, but there's a good chance that it will require some extra glitching and stuff for the system to count it as legit (assuming they haven't learned from their mistakes and are planning to outright block Celebi period, regardless of how legit it would look. But eh, we can all hope, right? ^_^

I will enjoy seeing the LSD coin case glitch on my 3DS screen, though. Assuming all variants of the coin case glitch still work.

Again, I see no reason why they shouldn't.

Considering the VC is for all intents and purposes an emulator? I don't see why they wouldn't. Remember, GF/Nintendo essentially went: "For a Pokémon to be accepted through Pokémon Bank, it must fill these and these parameters; if not, it gets rejected" as the only safety measure against transferring over Glitch Mons (and even that was not perfect: if a glitched Mew was further glitched/'hacked' to also have the correct Event tags, it was accepted just fine.). I'm assuming that all they cared about was the thing not getting onto the main games and per extension Wonder Trade; whatever you did to your copy of the games was your problem.

Well I also wouldn't count mew as a "glitched mon". It's obtainable through a glitch, but you can use that same glitch to encounter any species of pokemon in the game's memory. And that's all that the Mew glitch is -- using a glitch to create an encounter with a species of pokemon that would've otherwise just been unused data. Nothing else about the game counts it as a glitch pokemon.

When I think about filters designed to keep glitch pokemon out, I'm assuming we're talking, like... Missingno. And 'M. And h poke. And LM4. And all the lovely little abominations with completely unpronounceable names.

Because, I mean, if you transfer a Mew into Bank, then, at worst, you're called a cheater. But if you were able to get a Missingno (much less any of the far more unstable glitches) into Bank, well... that has the potential to be literally game-breaking. As fascinating as it would be to see what Missingno can do to a Gen VI or VII game, I can understand why Gamefreak would want to block it.

Now I don't know exactly how that glitch will work, but there's a good chance that it will require some extra glitching and stuff for the system to count it as legit (assuming they haven't learned from their mistakes and are planning to outright block Celebi period, regardless of how legit it would look. But eh, we can all hope, right? ^_^

"Learning from their mistakes" implies that they were completely caught off-guard by people using the Mew glitch to get a valid Mew into Bank in the first place. And I find it very difficult to believe that no one saw that coming. It's not exactly an obscure glitch.

Anyway, apparently the Mew from the Mew glitch counts as legit because the glitch triggers a battle that counts as a "fateful encounter" (in other words, an event) as far as the game is concerned. ...Which is interesting. Meanwhile the Celebi glitch in G/S works by leaving a pokemon at the day care, and then, after doing some glitchy stuff, you go back to the day care, and suddenly your pokemon is a Celebi. So, yeah, it might be harder to make that count as legit.

I'm curious as to what would happen if I tried to transfer anything to Bank while I have that glitch egg in my game... for whatever reason, I was able to use that egg to bypass the filter used by G/S that's supposed to prevent glitch pokemon from being traded. And, like, I don't mean that I traded the egg. I mean that just having the egg in my party let me trade all sorts of glitches. ...So yeah, this has the potential to be... interesting...

Again, I see no reason why they shouldn't.

The thing about the coin case glitch (or at least, this version of it) is that, firstly, it doesn't work on a regular Gameboy. You have to be using Gameboy Color, or Advanced, or really any model that's equivalent to the Color or higher. The coin case glitch works by forcing the game to soft-reset, and then, for whatever reason, it bypasses whatever check the game does that tells it what model of Gameboy it's running on -- so then it loads as if it's running on a regular Gameboy, when it's actually running on a Color/Advanced/whatever. And this mix-up causes all the colors in the game to get all wonky. (It also, interestingly enough, reveals full-color versions of Ho-Oh and Lugia on the games' title screens, even though they're normally only silhouettes in regular gameplay.)

So, yeah, I guess it theoretically wouldn't work if the VC counts as a regular Gameboy as opposed to a higher model. o_o Or... maybe it would count as a different model of Gameboy entirely, thus keeping the glitch intact? Who knows.

That being said, the coin case glitch is extremely varied and has lots of different uses -- many of which don't cause any forced soft resets like this. (And even if a version of the coin case glitch did force the game to soft reset, theoretically I suppose you would still get whatever your desired result was, just without the weird colors...)

And on a miscellaneous note about the LSD coin case glitch: attempting to do it on Crystal version gets you a surprisingly-detailed error screen that essentially says "this cartridge can only be played on a Gameboy Color", which is... true, since Crystal, unlike Gold and Silver, is actually a GBC game, and not a regular Gameboy game. But, the shape of GBC cartridges leaves them incapable of fitting inside a regular Gameboy, so... I find it interesting that such an interesting-looking error screen exists, despite the fact that it can literally only appear when you trick the cartridge into thinking that it's running on a regular Gameboy when it really isn't.

I also remember being very confused when I accidentally caused that to happen to my Crystal version as a kid. XD

Well I also wouldn't count mew as a "glitched mon". It's obtainable through a glitch, but you can use that same glitch to encounter any species of pokemon in the game's memory. And that's all that the Mew glitch is -- using a glitch to create an encounter with a species of pokemon that would've otherwise just been unused data. Nothing else about the game counts it as a glitch pokemon.

When I think about filters designed to keep glitch pokemon out, I'm assuming we're talking, like... Missingno. And 'M. And h poke. And LM4. And all the lovely little abominations with completely unpronounceable names.

Because, I mean, if you transfer a Mew into Bank, then, at worst, you're called a cheater. But if you were able to get a Missingno (much less any of the far more unstable glitches) into Bank, well... that has the potential to be literally game-breaking. As fascinating as it would be to see what Missingno can do to a Gen VI or VII game, I can understand why Gamefreak would want to block it.

Durr, my fault. What I meant to say is that the system only cares about keeping Glitch Mons in general out of the modern games. The problem is, since it cannot easily know the difference between harmless glitches and potentially harmful ones, let alone what their effects will be when introduced into newer gens, they had to make absolutely sure that all mons that get through are legal. This also means that Pokémon can only get through when their level is legal; for example, Mewtwo must be somewhere in between level 70-100. Since it is caught at level 70 and cannot go above 100 without glitching or cheating, the game knows something is up when it exceeds those values. It cannot know exactly what is going on, but for the sake of safety it is simply blocked outright. Same thing with illegal movesets (which for some reason also includes Mewtwo with Pay Day, which is actually legal in RB but not in Y), stats that are off and all sorts of similar things.

"Learning from their mistakes" implies that they were completely caught off-guard by people using the Mew glitch to get a valid Mew into Bank in the first place. And I find it very difficult to believe that no one saw that coming. It's not exactly an obscure glitch.

Anyway, apparently the Mew from the Mew glitch counts as legit because the glitch triggers a battle that counts as a "fateful encounter" (in other words, an event) as far as the game is concerned. ...Which is interesting. Meanwhile the Celebi glitch in G/S works by leaving a pokemon at the day care, and then, after doing some glitchy stuff, you go back to the day care, and suddenly your pokemon is a Celebi. So, yeah, it might be harder to make that count as legit.

I'm curious as to what would happen if I tried to transfer anything to Bank while I have that glitch egg in my game... for whatever reason, I was able to use that egg to bypass the filter used by G/S that's supposed to prevent glitch pokemon from being traded. And, like, I don't mean that I traded the egg. I mean that just having the egg in my party let me trade all sorts of glitches. ...So yeah, this has the potential to be... interesting...

No, what I meand by Mew's Event Tags is that is also needs to have the right Original Trainer, Trainer ID and whatnot. If any of those are off, ths system figures is must have come from an illegal source (where exactly is not important) and thus blocks it. I've tried the Mew Glitch myself; simply using that is not enough, sadly (either that, or something else was off).

And yes, that sounds like it would be a lot harder to turn into a legit mon. More likely than not, it would lead to bad OT data and whatnot, which would cause the system to block it. That said though, that egg sounds like it could cause all sorts of other shenanigans.

As for your last bit; the VC version will be emulating a GBC. So... yay for the possibility of blowing shit up? :D

Wait their doing a B/W 2 for Sun and moon?

Nice