• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I'm jealous at how fast you managed to create that character. By now I usually come up with the name xD

• Thank You
Reactions: AIHallowRose
Name: Illyana Cross
Race:Human
Persuasion: Wand
Element: Water
Zodiac Sign:Leo
Appearance: Illyana is a tall pale human standing at 5'10. Long red hair wraps around her face and tends to have a mind of its own, sometimes sticking out in every direction. Under the wild mess of hair that is sometimes braided lays bright green eyes and soft features. She hides a rather curvy and athletic build under a long black cloak.
Bio: Illyana was raised in a larger city by her parents. It became apparent at a young age that Illyana had a natural talent for Magic although she had little control of it. Her parents hired a tutor to help her gain control of her magic but she would often doddle in her studies. Although the teaching has taught her some modicum of control she still had burst where it escapes her. Recently she has abandoned her studies in favor of traveling which had brought her to Atvance.

Weapons/Combat abilities: A double edge straight sword and two daggers hidden on her belt.

Ice wall: A Wall of ice usually used to block attacks or hide her escape. Altough arrows will stick in the wall it can be broken easily with brute force or melted with fire. It naturally decays within a few minutes or when she strays too far from it.

Ice form: A purely defensive ability that allows her to case in herself in ice. She can stay alive within as long as she has the energy to put out the magic. It is slightly harder to destroy with brute force and will only melt against magical fire.

Water walk: She can stride across the surface of water by using magic to create a 'shelf' of water beneath her feet. Can only used to cross smaller bodies of water or rivers.

Please let me know if this needs adjustment or more detail.
I'm a little bit confused as to how she "loses control" of her powers. Since a lot of them seem to be ice-themed, is this like a Frozen sort of thing where things become, well, frozen without her meaning to? I'm just having a hard time picturing how one could lose control of liquid-water powers, unless it's a situation where Illyana's already surrounded by water and we get a sort of Katara-accidentally-splits-an-entire-iceberg-open-while-snapping-at-her-brother sort of moment.

So yeah, some examples of that would be nice, since it's a bit difficult to visualize.

As for the "ice form" thing -- I think only saying that it will melt against magical fire is a bit much. I mean, it seems unlikely we'd ever encounter a scenario where our characters are being barraged by flames of a non-magical origin, but, it's mainly the logic of it that I'm not a fan of. It makes more sense to say that she'd need to continuously pour magical energy into the ice form in order to prevent the ice from melting. Maintaining the ice form in a "room temperature" environment probably wouldn't be very difficult. But if Illyana is, say, surrounded by fire, then it would take a lot more concentration and stamina in order to keep the ice solid -- meaning that it would probably be too much for her to keep up and the ice would melt.

I think this achieves basically the same effect as what you wanted, just without the logic of "this ice is impossible to melt without magical fire".

Did some tweaking, please let me know if it needs more.
Looks pretty good, but uh, I really should be getting to bed now -- my mind's not the sharpest atm. O_O

I'll give your CS another look in the morning just to make sure I'm not missing anything. Assuming you're all good at that point, I'll add you to the accepted list. ^^

Ah, the first post is always the hardest. Or maybe that's just me...

Ah, the first post is always the hardest. Or maybe that's just me...
^^ Let me know if you need any help.

Reactions: Luma
So far, I've gotten to the point where I've opened blank document to start writing...

^^ Let me know if you need any help.
Thanks, I appreciate it, though it's mostly just me figuring out mannerisms and such at this point.

So far, I've gotten to the point where I've opened blank document to start writing...
:P Maybe you could try writing it on paper first? I dunno why, but looking at paper instead of a computer screen to write something really helps me concentrate.

Also, don't be afraid to start in the middle or even the end of the post instead of the beginning. Intros are always the hardest part. Just start with the parts where you already have an idea of what you want and then work from there. My own first post for the RP was written bits-and-pieces at a time, totally out of order. :P

Also, don't be afraid to start in the middle or even the end of the post instead of the beginning. Intros are always the hardest part. Just start with the parts where you already have an idea of what you want and then work from there. My own first post for the RP was written bits-and-pieces at a time, totally out of order. :P
*Raises hand* I'm very much guilty of using this method too XD.

it is Altera's struggles with Pyros that are the most embarrassing truth about the current state of our dear kingdom.
pyro.png

Huh. I didn't know that Altera was also visited by TF2 characters. The more you know! :D

• Love
Reactions: Ythania
pyro.png

Huh. I didn't know that Altera was also visited by TF2 characters. The more you know! :D
Pyros is the name of the Pyran kingdom. That isn't a typo, or anything new. XD

Edit: I also always thought of the "ros" part of "Pyros" as being pronounced like "gross" instead of "rose", thus preventing it from just sounding like the plural form of "pyro". o3o

Pyros is the name of the Pyran kingdom. That isn't a typo, or anything new. XD
Merk.... I was wondering whether that was a typo or not. Apparently it's not. Ah well! my mental vision was more funny.

Oh! I almost forgot. Before I start writing up my intro, I'm still searching for a mentor - someone needs to teach my Pyran how to read and write. Anyone willing to help?

Oh! I almost forgot. Before I start writing up my intro, I'm still searching for a mentor - someone needs to teach my Pyran how to read and write. Anyone willing to help?

That sounds like something Alicia could do, albeit not for free. She's the kind of person that would do things for other people to get them in her pocket rather than for the greater good. Of course, if there's anyone else volunteering for this position, feel free to say so.
On that note, would they meet during the start of the RP, or do they have a preexisting relation? And if the latter, how long would it be?

I think it'd be easier if they meet at the start of the RP, perhaps when the group is (eventually) forced together and Skout has to nervously explain her predicament. I don't think Skout has much...stretch room financially, she has to live off the land so to speak, so I'll have to ponder over whether or not she'd take paid tutoring.

If Skout (insistently) asked Kiri, she'd probably teach her for as long as they're travelling together (which would be kinda hilarious for the height difference), but that's assuming she actually asks. Kiri doesn't exactly advertise herself as a teacher, she just has a slightly above-average education. For a human anyway, probably way below average for an Avian.

Clay would definitely be available. I mean, not for free, but, he's available.