• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Postification ho! I hope I didn't mess up anywhere...

EDIT: I edited in what Alicia was wearing, considering how everyone else is doing the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kagayours
Also, by the way... This might have been asked before (Maybe even by me -- I'm getting old >_<), but how does money/shopping work in this RP?

Also, by the way... This might have been asked before (Maybe even by me -- I'm getting old >_<), but how does money/shopping work in this RP?
That depends. Are you asking about how commerce generally works in this setting, or are you asking if I'm going to be keeping track of everyone's money/inventory?

The former can be found in the OP. The latter... meh. I already told you guys I'm not really keeping a strict inventory system. You guys can do whatever as long as it's reasonable.

That depends. Are you asking about how commerce generally works in this setting, or are you asking if I'm going to be keeping track of everyone's money/inventory?

The former can be found in the OP. The latter... meh. I already told you guys I'm not really keeping a strict inventory system. You guys can do whatever as long as it's reasonable.
Mostly the second, yeah. I already pretty much assumed that stuff like food, clothing, inn prices and whatnot will all be pretty much handwaved for the sake of RP progression; I was mostly talking about buying things like magical potions, equipment and other important stuff that would normally be mentioned in the CS. Speaking of which, if we happen to find some equipment, spells and whatnot during the RP, should we edit it into our CS for convenience' sake?

I was mostly talking about buying things like magical potions, equipment and other important stuff that would normally be mentioned in the CS.
Ehhh... I still don't want to do any sort of inventory-keeping, so, we'll figure out how to keep that sort of thing balanced when we get to it.

Speaking of which, if we happen to find some equipment, spells and whatnot during the RP, should we edit it into our CS for convenience' sake?
Yeah, I guess it would make sense to do so. o3o

My first post was... rather long. xP

Hopefully I did everything acceptably, let me know if not and I'll remedy that. Also I left a good amount of leeway with Clay and Ace there, I hope, oh and let me know if the colors work.

EDIT: OMG it just occurred to me that I accidentally added a somewhat-prominent NPC (Tarkin) to Atvance. I can rework things if necessary... sorry if that's an issue... oooooops.

EDIT: OMG it just occurred to me that I accidentally added a somewhat-prominent NPC (Tarkin) to Atvance. I can rework things if necessary... sorry if that's an issue... oooooops.
Heh. I really didn't have a ton of plans for the town's blacksmith, anyway. I'll let you know if anything becomes an issue, but, for now, I see no issue with you making a proper character out of him. XD

Reactions: Eruantien
Better to create and tweak later than never develop anything at all. In my opinion anyways.

Also, +1 IC post.

Reactions: Eruantien
Hoi ^_^' uhm so I'm still reading through the first post but decided to post here to show my interest. I'll finally get some time to read through everything now that the work week is done.

Reactions: Kagayours
My post might be delayed a bit. I'm quite busy this weekend, so most likely won't get the chance to work on a post.

Hi there, I have a character in mind if you're still open to more people and I've tried to read everything...have just a bit more to go.

One question to start with: It seems many characters are combat-savvy/have weapons, etc. Is that a strong preference?

I was looking at my (proposed) Capricorn - Earth - Cups human to be the owner of a sweets shop to start with (and an excellent cook, to boot), with a minor physical defect. She'd have a few tricks up her sleeves, of course.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

One question to start with: It seems many characters are combat-savvy/have weapons, etc. Is that a strong preference?
Yes. You could theoretically take on more of a healer role, or try to be more of a tactical thinker in the group instead of a fighter, but, the point remains, there's a long journey ahead and there will be enemies to face. It makes sense that most characters would be combat-oriented. :P

Hey, I was wondering if there's an IC Up?

Sorry I'm terribly slow at reading up all the info but I'm definitely getting there ^_^ I just don't want to skim and then make a half baked character and not understand what I'm getting into. ^_^'

Last edited:
Hey, I was wondering if there's an IC Up?

Sorry I'm terribly slow at reading up all the info but I'm definitely getting there ^_^ I just don't want to skim and then make a half baked character and not understand what the read I'm getting into. ^_^'
The IC went up a few days ago.

OPEN SIGNUPS - Altera Arcana IC

Oh! I almost forgot. Before I start writing up my intro, I'm still searching for a mentor - someone needs to teach my Pyran how to read and write. Anyone willing to help?
Zito would probably do it, if asked very nicely. and she wouldn't necessarily need like monies but like a tit for tat thing, Skout teaches her something in exchange for her own teachings

btw, i just came home from a 5 hour drive, i'm gonna wait till tomorrow to read everyone's IC posts sorry!

Alright! :D I can proudly say that I've finished reading the first post! I'm going to reread over the different races tonight though I'm most probably going to make a human character. I also need to read through the blog posts as well.

Also it was nice to read that the OOC stays chatty as I tend to chat a lot in them and feel that I may overdo it at times. Anyway. Hopefully before the end of the weekend I should have something up! :bsmile:

@Kagayours

I have a question about clothing. Should I assume that since the worlds somewhat medieval, the clothing would be as well? Would it be normal for a girl/woman to wear 'male' clothing?

@Kagayours

I have a question about clothing. Should I assume that since the worlds somewhat medieval, the clothing would be as well? Would it be normal for a girl/woman to wear 'male' clothing?
Hmm... that's a tricky one...

Ehhhh I dunno. Your judgement call I guess?

I've hit the wall for tonight. @_@

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie
Hmm... that's a tricky one...

Ehhhh I dunno. Your judgement call I guess?

I've hit the wall for tonight. @_@
Okeedokee lol, I'll try not to dress my character in anything too... weird.