OwO So many cups boys. So precious. I love it.

Anyway! This mostly looks good. My only question is, how old was Fane when he moved to Atvance? I read most of his bio thinking he was still a child, until all of a sudden he left home like that. I guess I just don't have much of a feel for how all these life events are spaced apart. o_o"

Once that's cleared up, though, it looks like you're all set!
No worries~ if something's unclear, that's all on me.

The timing is a little vague now that I'm looking at it again. The idea was: his father died when he was 7, his family picked up and moved to Ibelea when Fane was 12-13, and he left/was kicked out at 15-16. So, fairly young, but not impossibly so. Especially with the skills he knew. Not that he's living well, mind you. I could go into more detail about the struggles he's faced since leaving? I was trying to keep the bio to the most important moments in his past.

No worries~ if something's unclear, that's all on me.

The timing is a little vague now that I'm looking at it again. The idea was: his father died when he was 7, his family picked up and moved to Ibelea when Fane was 12-13, and he left/was kicked out at 15-16. So, fairly young, but not impossibly so. Especially with the skills he knew. Not that he's living well, mind you. I could go into more detail about the struggles he's faced since leaving? I was trying to keep the bio to the most important moments in his past.
Eh, you don't have to go into that much detail. Just edit in how old he was at all those points in time and you should be good. ^^

Name: Fane Cauthrin
Race: Human
Persuasion: Cups
Element: Air
Zodiac sign: Aries

Appearance: There has always been a touch of wildness to the Cauthrin family, making their living out in the woods as they do, and this has bled into Fane as well in the way he carries himself. His movements sharp and jittery, full of too much energy to stay in one place for too long. His curly red hair is always a bit of a mess, despite regular brushing, untamable, breaking free from whatever tie he attempts to secure it with. Its gotten to the point where he doesn't bother anymore, content to leave it where it lies. Even if sometimes it gets in the way, which is such a shame because his green eyes are really quite lovely, a family trait. Along with pale skin covered in freckles. He'd perhaps be a rather intimidating figure, if not for his height. He's undeniably short, shortest in his family even. Which helps in his line of work, but has always been a bit of a sticking point for the young man.

Weapons/other combat abilities:

Hunter's Bow: Old and familiar, expertly carved from a yew tree. Its been re-stringed a few times over the years, but its balance is exquisite, and its arrows fly true and straight. Fane is an expert marksman, though he's never had any formal training. All he knows, he's learned on the fly, improvised in his line of work.

Windshot: A trick he's used on a few occasions, forming a sphere of densely packed wind, roughly basketball sized, he can fire off into a straight line. Not great for damage, but its effective at knocking things down, or people out of the way. They may end up scraped and scratched from the fall, but alive and mostly unharmed.

Wind walk: When in need to move faster, faster than he should be capable of, Fane has the ability to bend the air around himself or others to push against their backs. This decreases air resistance, letting them move faster, with added boost to each stride.

Bio: Fane's family has, for many generations, lived out their days in the dense forests of Altera in a small, secluded community of hunters. Generally, they hunt for provisions, meats and furs and things they need. Other times, those more magically inclined will hire the community to procure rare artifacts from monsters and the like. When there's a surplus, of funds or furs, the community trades with other villages for wheat, rice, easy to keep veggies and fruits. And so the village lives on, despite its isolationist stance on outsiders.

Fane is the youngest of two children born to a group of respected hunters among the community, though the only boy to be born. As such, he was the one taken out to learn to hunt, how to track animals. How to restring a bow, shoot an arrow. Everything that he'd need to become a great hunter. However when Fane was just a boy, just seven years of age, his father, his mentor, was tragically killed on a dangerous hunt, leaving his training incomplete. His mother did her best to pass on what skills she knew, but her attention was divided between both her children, and with Thalis showing a great deal of strength in magic, how could she spend the time training her son?

So the boy was left on his own much of the time, practicing by himself, shooting at targets, small animals. Honing the skills his father managed to teach him before his passing. It was in these moments, left on his own, that Fane began experimenting with his own magic. He'd always had an affinity for wind, able to make a gentle breeze, if he really thought about it. Maybe he could show he was more useful, or deserved to be trained just as much. After all, he had magic too. But Thalis had years more practice than him, and while he made some great strides, he never quite caught up to her.

One day, a pair of mages from Ibelea came to their village looking to hire an accomplished group to procure a specific artifact for them. They took notice of Thalis, called her a savant, offered to sponsor her education through the school of magic. Their mother instantly agreed, and within a month of his thirteenth birthday, the three of them had moved to the city. Fane hated the crowds, the noise, how unfamiliar everything was. He spent much of his time sneaking out of the city, returning to the nearby forests. Because when he was home, he was fighting with his family. He resented them for taking him away from everything he knew, blamed them for his current unhappiness.

It got to the point where he lashed out at his sister, and only her magic saved her. It was decided that it would be better for everyone if he lived away from them for a time, despite being just sixteen years old. He was given a small stipend, set up in a small shack down in Atvance. He spent that time trying to find a way to make a living, ending up a supplier of meat and fur. And that's how he's made his way in the world, sending letters to his family in Ibelea every few months or so. It's a lonely existence, but Fane isn't sure he could ever leave his mother and sister behind and return to his village in the woods.
Looks good to me! I'll add you to the accepted list. ^^

• Love
Reactions: Kye
I have a question for those of you with completed character sheets.

@Neobullseye @Fancy Turtle @Jessikka @Mahariel @Luma @Eruantien @Ythania @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

How did you guys feel about the personality alignments, like persuasions and zodiac signs? Did they help you come up with character ideas? Did you choose alignments first and then build a character around them? Or did you already have a character in mind and had to choose alignments that matched them? Did you have a vague character idea that was further fleshed out by choosing alignments?

I've never done anything like this before, so I want to hear you guys' thoughts on it.

As a matter of fact, me and Jessikka found them to be rather limiting. We were under the impression that we should balance out the team by picking the less popular persuasions and zodiacs, leaving us with very little to work with. Hell, I even picked a Pyran simply to balance the roster - I wanted a Terran before I thought up of Skout.

I like them. I had my character idea first and used everything else to help form it. I didn't say too much about personality because I personally prefer to work the details out in character. Overall, I like the elements that the zodiac, persuasion and element add to the character development.

Reactions: Kagayours
My initial interest in the rp was brought about because of the Zodiac/Persuasion personality alignments. I loooooove stuff like that~ And its always interesting to see how my character ideas fit into the alignments. Generally, I'll get a character idea from the limitations, however loose they are, and interesting combinations you can make with that.

As a matter of fact, me and Jessikka found them to be rather limiting. We were under the impression that we should balance out the team by picking the less popular persuasions and zodiacs, leaving us with very little to work with. Hell, I even picked a Pyran simply to balance the roster - I wanted a Terran before I thought up of Skout.

:/ You really didn't have to go with the less popular ones... You could've chosen any combination you wanted. I'm sorry you thought you had to limit yourself like that...

Do you think it would've gone better for you if you'd just chosen any alignments you wanted?

> Did you have a vague character idea that was further fleshed out by choosing alignments?

Tbh it was mostly like this. I think the alignments/persuasion system worked out fine for me in the creation of my character. That isn't to say he won't end up being shallow (I hope that won't happen >_>) but the systems did help me in that respect. ^-^

@Kagayours Certainly, it was just us wanting to equal out the roster. If we were the first couple of people to join it would've been just fine.

@Kagayours Certainly, it was just us wanting to equal out the roster. If we were the first couple of people to join it would've been just fine.
>.< Well... I'm sorry you felt you had to do that. There was really nothing stopping you from going with your original character idea. I only made the alignments and things plainly obvious on the character list for people who wanted to even out the roster. I didn't want anyone to feel pressured to do that...

If it's any consolation, you can still make that Terran character that you wanted. I'm cool with you having two characters.

I'll go edit something on the OP to prevent this from happening again... thank you for bringing it to my attention. ><"

While I was at it, I also went ahead and added age to that quick list of attributes next to all our characters' names, as well -- just because I recall clicking a bunch of CS's to see what age everyone was, and, well, the whole point of listing attributes like that was to save everyone that kind of trouble, so... :P

I have a question for those of you with completed character sheets.

@Neobullseye @Fancy Turtle @Jessikka @Mahariel @Luma @Eruantien @Ythania @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

How did you guys feel about the personality alignments, like persuasions and zodiac signs? Did they help you come up with character ideas? Did you choose alignments first and then build a character around them? Or did you already have a character in mind and had to choose alignments that matched them? Did you have a vague character idea that was further fleshed out by choosing alignments?

I've never done anything like this before, so I want to hear you guys' thoughts on it.
Meh, I had a rough character Idea. I changed tiny amounts to fit the alignments but I mainly picked the ones that fit the character.

It was a little of both actually. I came up with a vague character and fleshed it out more via alignment.

Also I apparently never edited in Zito's last name until just now. Lolol.

Speaking of which -- anytime I hear the name "Marcell", this is all I think of:

Even if it's apparently spelled differently.

It was a little of both actually. I came up with a vague character and fleshed it out more via alignment.
Same here; I wrote up a base character, tried to think which alignments would best fit him/her, then used those same alignments to flesh her out. The result was Alicia Sylpheed. On a random note: originally Alicia was going to be an magic archer (remember that bit about an unicorn hair bow string?), but upon seeing that we already had a magic archer, I went for the full mage route instead.

Also I apparently never edited in Zito's last name until just now. Lolol.

Speaking of which -- anytime I hear the name "Marcell", this is all I think of:

Even if it's apparently spelled differently.
hahaha

for me I had a sort of vague idea then used the persuasions and zodiac and stuff to solidify it. then created a full character around that.