Alright! :D I can proudly say that I've finished reading the first post! I'm going to reread over the different races tonight though I'm most probably going to make a human character. I also need to read through the blog posts as well.

Also it was nice to read that the OOC stays chatty as I tend to chat a lot in them and feel that I may overdo it at times. Anyway. Hopefully before the end of the weekend I should have something up! :bsmile:
Yeah, I love getting to know the other RPers. Makes it much more fun in my opinion.

Okeedokee lol, I'll try not to dress my character in anything too... weird.
When in doubt: tunics. Always the tunics. They're like halfway between a shirt and a dress; perfect for either gender.

Yeah, I love getting to know the other RPers. Makes it much more fun in my opinion.

When in doubt: tunics. Always the tunics. They're like halfway between a shirt and a dress; perfect for either gender.
Yay! I'm glad to hear that!

As for tunics, I agree. They're usually my go to clothes for both guys and girls. My character that I'm coming up with seems the practical sort (I'm thinking someone who worked on a ship) so tunic and breeches would actually be a good fit for her.

Reactions: Luma
Finally managed to finished my character sheet. ^_^

******​

Name: Shireen Nahel

Race: Human

Persuasion: Cups

Element: Water

Zodiac sign: Gemini

Appearance: Shireen is not too tall, standing around 5'3 tall. She isn't the dainty sort, being big boned and somewhat muscular from living life on a ship. She weighs something around 130 lbs. Her skin may have once been fair, but at the moment it is tanned with freckles on the bridge of her nose and across the top of her rounded ruddy cheeks. She has a rather straight but short nose that compliments her rounded face. Her darker pink lips are not too wide but neither are they thin, and more often than not they are curved in a smile. As for her eyes, they are a cyan in colour, much like the ocean, framed by thick dark lashes.

Her hair is a mix of different colours, all mostly shades of brown, the most permanent shade a burgundy. It tumbles down to the middle of her back in messy waves and curls for the most part, tied back into a pony tail with an old grey scarf.

As for her clothes, Shireen leans towards the practical. She tends to wear tunics of different colours, usually reaching a little over her knees with slits to the side that reach her hips so that movement isn't restricted at all. There is a no nonsense brown leather belt that is cinched highly around her waist. Her sleeves are usually rolled up to her elbows, revealing a tattoo on the inside of her arm, a couple of blue and white waves.

Below she wears trousers made of dark materials with pockets on both sides for convenience. She wears dark brown leather boots on her feet; rather battered looking but comfortable as well.

Weapons/other combat abilities:

A sword that belonged to her father. It's not exactly the most beautiful sword, what with the rather plain unmarked hilt, but its blade is sharp and has been well taken care of even before it came into her possession. It usually remains tucked under her belt, ever ready to be used... not that it is used much, however.

She has been taught the basics of how to wield a sword by her father and the other men who would work on her father's ship. She can also throw punches and kicks, and knows how to fight dirty. However, this is only when the goings get tough. She'd of course rather not fight and keep the peace instead.

She can lift heavy weights, climb up heights rather easily, and isn't worried to get a little wet and dirty.

Bio: Shireen's father, named Harin, was a sailor from Tralviland. A charming sort of fellow, it was no surprised that he woo'd girls and had fun times with them. There was one lass in particular who had caught his eye, however, one day as he had traveled to Atvance to deliver some goods. There he pursued a seamstress, eventually even marrying her, much to her parents disdain. The two ran away when she became pregnant, ready to live an adventurous life at sea. However, it wasn't meant to be. After she gave birth, Harin's wife wanted no more of the sea, or the ship, the hardships of an uncertain life. She left the baby with her father, returning to her family despite Harin's appeals to change the way they were living.

Harin was heartbroken and indulged himself in his work, neglecting the baby, leaving her to be raised by the ship crew. As such, even though she didn't have a mother or much of a father during her child years, Shireen, as she was named before her mother left, didn't really find a lack of love and fun. She was more than content with her surrogate fathers. She learned the basics of life from them, including how to work around the ship and be useful in general.

Around her sixth year was when her father finally started paying closer attention to his daughter. Harin realized that he was missing the opportunity to bond with what little family he had, and it was his fault what had happened with his former wife, not his daughter. From there onward, he started taking her on trips with him, even teaching her how to fight and use a weapon. Well, for the most part he wanted to teach her to be able to defend herself against not so nice people.

Life was good for many a years until Harin was struck by sickness. It wasn't quite shocking, to be honest. He didn't eat the healthiest foods and he tended to drink more than he should. By the time Shireen turned twenty, her father had passed away. Obviously she was sad and filled with grief, but she took it in stride, and it helped that she had others to depend on.

One thing that Shireen did always want to do was to go to Atvance to meet her mother. It took a while before she finally made the decision to leave Tralviland and her surrogate family behind to meet her mother for the first time. She knew her mother's name of course, as well as her description and where she had lived before she met her father. A little after her twenty-third birthday, Shireen headed to her mother's house.

Unfortunately, it would turn out that her mother had passed as well, just a few months earlier. As for her grandparents, they were crotchety old folk that would rather have nothing to do with their estranged grand-daughter. Deciding it wasn't worth staying too long, the young sailor is currently staying in Atvance, for the time being working for a small fishing boat.

Other: Due to living with sailors her entire life, her vocabulary can be quite colourful.

Last edited:
  • Love

******​

Appearance: Shireen is not too tall, standing around 5'3 tall. She isn't the dainty sort, being big boned and somewhat muscular from living life on a ship. She weighs something around 130 lbs. Her skin may have once been fair, but at the moment it is tanned with freckles on the bridge of her nose and across the top of her rounded ruddy cheeks. She has a rather straight but short nose that compliments her rounded face. Her darker pink lips are not too wide but neither are they thin, and more often than not they are curved in a smile.

Her hair is a mix of different colours, all mostly shades of brown, the most permanent shade a burgundy. It tumbles down to the middle of her back in messy waves and curls for the most part, tied back into a pony tail with an old grey scarf.

As for her clothes, Shireen leans towards the practical. She tends to wear tunics of different colours, usually reaching a little over her knees with slits to the side that reach her hips so that movement isn't restricted at all. There is a no nonsense brown leather belt that is cinched highly around her waist. Her sleeves are usually rolled up to her elbows, revealing a tattoo on the inside of her arm, a couple of blue and white waves.

Below she wears trousers made of dark materials with pockets on both sides for convenience. She wears dark brown leather boots on her feet; rather battered looking but comfortable as well.

A sword that belonged to her father. It's not exactly the most beautiful sword, what with the rather plain unmarked hilt, but its blade is sharp and has been well taken care of even before it came into her possession. It usually remains tucked under her belt, ever ready to be used... not that it is used much, however.

She has been taught the basics of how to wield a sword by her father and the other men who would work on her father's ship. She can also throw punches and kicks, and knows how to fight dirty. However, this is only when the goings get tough. She'd of course rather not fight and keep the peace instead.

She can lift heavy weights, climb up heights rather easily, and isn't worried to get a little wet and dirty.

Bio: Shireen's father, named Harin, was a sailor from Tralviland. A charming sort of fellow, it was no surprised that he woo'd girls and had fun times with them. There was one lass in particular who had caught his eye, however, one day as he had traveled to Atvance to deliver some goods. There he pursued a seamstress, eventually even marrying her, much to her parents disdain. The two ran away when she became pregnant, ready to live an adventurous life at sea. However, it wasn't meant to be. After she gave birth, Harin's wife wanted no more of the sea, or the ship, the hardships of an uncertain life. She left the baby with her father, returning to her family despite Harin's appeals to change the way they were living.

Harin was heartbroken and indulged himself in his work, neglecting the baby, leaving her to be raised by the ship crew. As such, even though she didn't have a mother or much of a father during her child years, Shireen, as she was named before her mother left, didn't really find a lack of love and fun. She was more than content with her surrogate fathers. She learned the basics of life from them, including how to work around the ship and be useful in general.

Around her sixth year was when her father finally started paying closer attention to his daughter. Harin realized that he was missing the opportunity to bond with what little family he had, and it was his fault what had happened with his former wife, not his daughter. From there onward, he started taking her on trips with him, even teaching her how to fight and use a weapon. Well, for the most part he wanted to teach her to be able to defend herself against not so nice people.

Life was good for many a years until Harin was struck by sickness. It wasn't quite shocking, to be honest. He didn't eat the healthiest foods and he tended to drink more than he should. By the time Shireen turned twenty, her father had passed away. Obviously she was sad and filled with grief, but she took it in stride, and it helped that she had others to depend on.

One thing that Shireen did always want to do was to go to Atvance to meet her mother. It took a while before she finally made the decision to leave Tralviland and her surrogate family behind to meet her mother for the first time. She knew her mother's name of course, as well as her description and where she had lived before she met her father. A little after her twenty-third birthday, Shireen headed to her mother's house.

Unfortunately, it would turn out that her mother had passed as well, just a few months earlier. As for her grandparents, they were crotchety old folk that would rather have nothing to do with their estranged grand-daughter. Deciding it wasn't worth staying too long, the young sailor is currently staying in Atvance, for the time being working for a small fishing boat.

Other: Due to living with sailors her entire life, her vocabulary can be quite colourful.
Arr mateys! I like her; well done.

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie
♫ Several bottles of beer on the wall, several bottles of beer!
We don't know how many; we're too drunk to count,
several bottles of beer on the wall! ♫

• Love
Thanks ^_^ She turned out completely different than I had first envisioned.

Yay, more water hoomans!

:highfive:
More like Cups hoomans. 3 of 4 are touchy-feelies and the one that isn't is the smallest (probably physically weakest as well) of the group.

More like Cups hoomans. 3 of 4 are touchy-feelies and the one that isn't is the smallest (probably physically weakest as well) of the group.
Yesbutalso... she uses water magic, like Raymond. So, y'know, kindred spirits and all that. xP

******​

Appearance: Shireen is not too tall, standing around 5'3 tall. She isn't the dainty sort, being big boned and somewhat muscular from living life on a ship. She weighs something around 130 lbs. Her skin may have once been fair, but at the moment it is tanned with freckles on the bridge of her nose and across the top of her rounded ruddy cheeks. She has a rather straight but short nose that compliments her rounded face. Her darker pink lips are not too wide but neither are they thin, and more often than not they are curved in a smile.

This looks good to me! One question, though: since there's no mention of magical abilities here, does that mean that Shireen is not a magic-user? (To clarify, all humans can use magic, it's just that not everyone is skilled with it, and so a "non-magic-user" would be someone who doesn't have any magical talent to put on a resume, so to speak.)

It's totally fine if she's not a magic-user -- and it would actually be interesting, given that I'm pretty sure she's the only one -- I just wanted to clarify that that's the reason why you didn't mention any magical abilities.

This looks good to me! One question, though: since there's no mention of magical abilities here, does that mean that Shireen is not a magic-user? (To clarify, all humans can use magic, it's just that not everyone is skilled with it, and so a "non-magic-user" would be someone who doesn't have any magical talent to put on a resume, so to speak.)

It's totally fine if she's not a magic-user -- and it would actually be interesting, given that I'm pretty sure she's the only one -- I just wanted to clarify that that's the reason why you didn't mention any magical abilities.
Oh I should have clarified. She isn't a magic user. Although, is it possible for her to learn in the future?

Oh I should have clarified. She isn't a magic user. Although, is it possible for her to learn in the future?
Yes, it would be. ^^ And since that's all cleared up, I'll add her to the accepted list!

• Thank You
Yes, it would be. ^^ And since that's all cleared up, I'll add her to the accepted list!
Awesome!!! :D I'll try to get an in character post on tonight when I get back home. ^_^

Reactions: Luma and Kagayours
When I find myself in times of trouble

Mother Mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom,

"Why did you think you could run 4 RP's at once. You can't. That's way too much. Look at yourself. You're a mess."

ACTUALLY *pounds fist on the table* YOU KNOW WHAT

I'M NOW ACCEPTING CO-GM'S FOR THIS RP. I don't have time for any sort of fancy selection process, but, if you're interested in being co-GM (or perhaps just GM's assistant if a title like "co-GM" implies more responsibility than you think you can handle), please PM me with a quick overview of how you think you can help.

Problem is, Altera's sort of my baby, so I'm not sure how many people I trust with all this complex lore, much less what I have planned for the plot ahead... but, I really need some help in my RP's right now, so, really any sort of help is appreciated. We'll see how it'll all work out once I get some volunteers. @_@

Good luck in your endeavor! I'd help if I could but unfortunately I'm swarmed as is v.v 12 hour work days and I mod elsewhere.

ACTUALLY, if I have a co-GM for Omnibus, I might not need one here... since that'll allow me to focus on this RP a lot more and not feel so overwhelmed doing a bunch of different things at once. O_O"

ACTUALLY, if I have a co-GM for Omnibus, I might not need one here... since that'll allow me to focus on this RP a lot more and not feel so overwhelmed doing a bunch of different things at once. O_O"
I mean, I'd offer to help out here too, but I don't know how much I can really do for Altera. However, if you have any trivial task that needs doing, lemme know.

I mean, I'd offer to help out here too, but I don't know how much I can really do for Altera. However, if you have any trivial task that needs doing, lemme know.
Eh, it's fine. Like I said, I'm not even sure how I'd handle divvying up responsibilities for Altera -- and you've already offered to help me with Omnibus, so... yeah. ^^" We'll see how this goes for now.

Speaking of which, I'll send you a PM about Omnibus soon.