Weeeeell, I was on a short vacation, so I'll be getting my character up within the next couple of days. Things have been crazy.

Also I have had like a medium fry and a bowl of cereal in the past 24 hours, and there are bruises on my feet. My mind is not functioning.

I've lived off jaffacakes for the last two days.

Pro-Tip: That shit does not give any fulfilment

This is how I know that truly north-america is a dark dark place full of terrors
dude you have no idea
google says they are like those orange milano cookies??? except softer?????
@Eruantien Ok, yeah, I see what you mean now about not mentioning any magic. Um... I guess that depends on whether or not your character really has noteworthy magical abilities. @_@

Like, yeah, everyone can use magic, but not everyone is good at it. o3o

I know in your CS you mentioned that he "inscribed water runes" into the Nightbane, but, using magic for that sort of purpose seems to be a bit different from using magic in combat -- especially since inscribing runes would fall under the category of spellcasting. And it's totally possible that, although he became good at a few spells, Raymond might not have very much raw magic ability.

So uh... yeah, it might be a good idea to flesh out what he's capable of, assuming he is capable of more than just that. o.o
Okay, I will take a look at that tomorrow, see if I can't add some examples of past magical expertise. I assume he is capable of much more... :P

I just....

How can people live without Jaffacakes?

I mean, goodness gracious...they're jaffacakes! The primary resource of the planet earth!

I just....

How can people live without Jaffacakes?

I mean, goodness gracious...they're jaffacakes! The primary resource of the planet earth!
I thought potatoes were your primary resource.

So primary that you literally didn't even have any backup plan when the potatoes all decided to fuck off and die.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Rae
  • Love
Reactions: Eru
Say, does one of those fire foxes instantly grow three more tails if it's touched with a Fire Stone? :P

Name: Tawny Woodwick

Race: Terran

Persuasion: Wands

Element: Fire

Zodiac sign: Cancer

Appearance: A petite little thing, short and skinny, with a dainty build. Her fur is a light tan color, and the hair on her head, when it is bleached by the sun (which happens most summers), appears to be nearly blond in coloration. She keeps her hair short, and it is often messy with strands of it landing in her face, as she doesn't care much for styling it. Fur covers much of her upper-body, including her chest, belly, back, and the back of her lower arms. She has a round, child-like face with large, green eyes. She also has noticeably pointy canine teeth that almost look like fangs — she thinks it adds to her cute smile.

Weapons/other combat abilities: Tawny's small size makes her generally fast and agile. She's not much for studying spells. Instead, all her skill in magic comes from her raw magic ability, which she really enjoys practicing, if only because she really loves the rush of energy that comes from it. She spends a lot of time practicing magic down by the water, on unoccupied parts of the beach, so that she can play around with it as much as she wants without endangering anyone. She doesn't even see it as 'practicing', really, just… having fun! Because of this, most of her techniques aren't very refined, despite the raw power behind a lot of it. The biggest thing she's capable of is launching bursts of flame from her limbs, as well as spinning it around her in a fancy vortex, although it peters out fairly quickly. She also has sort of a "fire run" technique, which she can use to temporarily boost her speed, and create a flaming trail behind her.

Name: Clay Woodwick

Race: Terran

Persuasion: Pentacles

Element: Earth

Zodiac Sign: Virgo

Appearance: Clay is tall, broad-shouldered, and muscular, with impressive pectoral muscles and abs (although the latter is not as visually obvious, due to his fur). His face is much longer than that of his sister, and his most prominent facial feature is his long, broad nose (think: Pete Townshend). He has green eyes, like Tawny. His fur is a medium brown color, and covers his back, shoulders, the back of his arms, and his lower stomach. The fur on his head is often left to grow long, but he usually only ties it in a simple, low ponytail, just to keep it out of his way. His antlers are average-size, with four points on each one.

Weapons/other combat abilities: As stated under 'appearance', Clay is rather muscular, which gives him a fair amount of raw strength, especially upper-body strength. His two main uses for his raw earth magic are defense and minor healing. The latter is fairly self-explanatory. The former allows him to temporarily increase his resistance to attacks, and also makes him more difficult to topple over as his feet remain firmly planted on the ground. This combination of things essentially allows him to briefly act as a human shield while taking relatively little damage — allowing him to stand firmly in front of someone else and take an attack for them. In terms of spellcasting, most of what he knows is not combat-oriented. Many of the spells he's memorized are meant to help him in daily life — in particular, many of them revolve around his vegetable garden, aiding in the growth of the plants and keeping certain unwanted insects and other animals away (while attracting helpful ones).

Combined Bio: Tawny and Clay are siblings who live in Atvance together. Tawny is ambitious and free-spirited, and has a child-like innocence and vigor to her. Because of this — along with the fact that she is, physically, very small — she's often mistaken as being much younger than she already is. She has a wild spirit and is full of enthusiasm, but she can be a bit flighty and absent-minded, and likely wouldn't do a very good job of taking care of herself on her own if she were suddenly forced to do so — for that, she has Clay.

To strangers, Clay can seem rather quiet and aloof, perhaps even cold, but he's actually a very caring person. In particular, his sister Tawny means the world to him, and he takes care of her like a father. Like a true pents, he's very concerned with money-managing, and he's very hard-working to ensure that he and Tawny have a roof over their heads and food to eat. Unfortunately, Clay doesn't currently have a stable, permanent job, and he has instead been making most of his money recently doing odd jobs wherever the opportunity arises. Thankfully, he's found a lot of ways over the years to cut down on expenses. For example, he maintains a small garden where he grows vegetables — and he's put a lot of research into both spells and conventional methods of maximizing each harvest's yield and minimizing the presence of plant-eating pests. If he had more space, he'd want to try planting something bigger, like a few apple trees… it wouldn't be a bad way to make money, either. Sometimes he fantasizes about being a successful business owner with his own apple orchard…

Clay is the one who manages and owns all the money, and he sometimes treats Tawny like a child, acting like she's incapable of taking care of herself. But, in his defense, Tawny does sort of act like a child. So used to being the baby of the family, Tawny rarely carries herself like a responsible adult, so it makes sense that Clay would struggle to see her as one.

Tawny often feels like she doesn't really know what to do with the rest of her life. She spends much of her day relaxing, goofing off, or letting off steam by the water — even though she feels like she really should get a job. But, she just doesn't have the confidence to take on that sort of responsibility, nor does she feel like she's ready to carry herself like an adult. She feels like she's stuck being a kid, and she's not quite sure how she feels about that. In any case, something about her life right now just feels… unsatisfying, and it's making her rather antsy.

• Love
Reactions: Luma and Ythania
Protip: If you have a bad habit that sometimes hinders your productivity, just find a way to flip it around and use it as a motivation for getting things done. Like, "No, Kaga, you are not allowed to go get a nail clipper and tear up the skin around your nails with it until you finish those CS's".

With Tawny, Zito and Kiri together, there's going to be so many mini people xD

Reactions: Kagayours
Gotta protect them from getting eaten by large birds of prey.

Gotta protect them from getting eaten by large birds of prey.
I dunno, Tawny and Kiri are both wands, I'd be more worried about the birds.

I dunno, Tawny and Kiri are both wands, I'd be more worried about the birds.
Not to mention that said birds are outnumbered at the moment. In fact, there are almost as much Terrans as every other race combined XD. Meanwhile, nobody has made an Aquan character yet D:

Not to mention that said birds are outnumbered at the moment. In fact, there are almost as much Terrans as every other race combined XD. Meanwhile, nobody has made an Aquan character yet D:
I feared that the whole "easily dehydrated" thing would make them a bit too difficult to play...

Meanwhile, nobody has made an Aquan character yet D:
I was gonna make a second char who was an Aquan. But maybe some other time. If I ever think of an idea I like.

And speaking of existing CS's -- @AnimeLover_Princess, do you think you might be able to give Zito a last name? I didn't think it mattered enough to say anything at first, but, for sake of consistency, it would make more sense if all the characters were listed with their last names... unless Zito literally doesn't have a last name, but I doubt that. :P
ah yeah!
I'll go do that now

and Zito constantly has a bow on her so she could just shoot the birds down honestly XD she's pretty good with it too

Edit: gave her a last name :)

I feared that the whole "easily dehydrated" thing would make them a bit too difficult to play...
Solution: get a diving suit from somewhere, fill the thing with water, then wear that at all times. :D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma and Kagayours