Alright! I'll change the colour back to normal, and yeah I was considering posting but I didn't want to spam or anything, you know!
^^" It's fine. It wouldn't be spam. It would be a much-needed notification that there were edits for me to look at. XD

Besides, like I said in the OP, I'm totally ok with my OOC's being used as lounges, so... you could use this thread to talk about everything you caught in Pokemon Go today, and I still wouldn't count that as spam. :P

MAN DON'T GET ME STARTED ON POKEMON GO

I used up all my data (i'm on a contract) and now I'm waiting for it to refresh and I just wanna HUNT POKEMON HNNG

MAN DON'T GET ME STARTED ON POKEMON GO

I used up all my data (i'm on a contract) and now I'm waiting for it to refresh and I just wanna HUNT POKEMON HNNG
Yikes. My data's pretty up-there this month, too, but apparently it's not Pokemon Go's fault. Pokemon Go used up hardly any data compared to me carelessly over-using my phone's wi-fi hotspot. o_o In hindsight, allowing my friend to connect her computer to my hotspot so that we could marathon Steven Universe was perhaps not the best plan...

Thank God she had adblock, though. I shudder to think of how bad it would've been if we had to load the furious amount of ads that those kinds of sites typically come with. o_o"

Edit: In any case, maybe you could connect your phone to your house's wi-fi and use an incense? Or maybe try to find pokestops in places with free wi-fi and set up a lure?

Edit: In any case, maybe you could connect your phone to your house's wi-fi and use an incense? Or maybe try to find pokestops in places with free wi-fi and set up a lure?
My cycle refreshes in 2 days... patience...

patience is key

Let me eplain what our resident lunatic meant. You know how when you greet people, mostly everyone raises their right hand, empty palm forward? This proves to other people that you are unarmed and therefore trustworthy. Similiarly, by extending and shaking hands with people, you are also making yourself vulnerable... at least, right-handed people do. Left-handed people could shake hands with someone using their right hand, then quickly draw a knife and stab them with their left. As a result, the word 'sinister' came to both mean 'things related to the left' (as opposed to 'dexter', which is about things related to the right) and 'wicked, evil'. Add some religious and cultural elements to that, and the link between left-handed people and evil was quickly made.
^^" It's fine. It wouldn't be spam. It would be a much-needed notification that there were edits for me to look at. XD

Besides, like I said in the OP, I'm totally ok with my OOC's being used as lounges, so... you could use this thread to talk about everything you caught in Pokemon Go today, and I still wouldn't count that as spam. :P
I messed up the quotes but
tosses left handedness into the attic
Hey friendly buddy guy howareya. I can't catch anything but freakin' Pidgeys. >_<

On a more-related note, I'm beginning to be very excited for this RP. The characters, as others have said, are quite varied, and I'm certain our interactions will be... "interesting". xP

I messed up the quotes but
tosses left handedness into the attic
Hey friendly buddy guy howareya. I can't catch anything but freakin' Pidgeys. >_<

On a more-related note, I'm beginning to be very excited for this RP. The characters, as others have said, are quite varied, and I'm certain our interactions will be... "interesting". xP
I already have plans for Kiri to try and pluck one of Victorian's feathers to adorn her hat.....so darn excited for this RP! xD

• Love
Reactions: Rithas and Eru
*Walks into the thread, wondering who poked him*

• Love
Reactions: Luma
Name: Alicia Sylpheed
Race: Avian
Persuasion: Pentacles
Element: Air
Zodiac sign: Scorpio

Appearance:
For the most part, Alicia looks like your average Avian; a tall and slender build to the point of giving off a fragile vibe, at least in comparison to humans; in comparison to other Avians sh is actually slightly below average in length. Aside from that, some other things that point her out as being an Avian are her robe and, you know, the whole wing thing. Her eyes are mostly dark brown with a slight tinge of yellow hidden somewhere in there, giving the total a golden vibe of sorts.
Speaing of her robe: in Alicia's case, the back of it is adorned with her family's crest; a pentacle coin restin upon two crossed blades, with a crane bird in the background. The crest as a whole is supposed to be a symbol for wealth being built upon both wisdom and power, hence why there are two swords rather than just one. Seeing as she doesn't always want to show her heritage off for the entire world to see, she tends to wear it inside out whenever she visits new places.

Weapons/other combat abilities: Alicia has a decent amount of magical abilities, at the cost of practically all melee skills. She is mostly focused in wind-elemental magic, but has also taken a liking upon the element of water. The reasons for choosing water over earth and fire were simple; water is more closely related to air than earth, and a lot more diverse than fire. Although obviously her skills involving water magic are not nearly as potent as her skill in wind magic, she can at least do something with it.
Fitting for a mage, her weapon is a staff, the tip of which is fitted with two gems; A lapis lazuli and an aquamarine, stones which are related to the elements of air and water respectively. It might be just superstition, but at least to Alicia it feels like the stones allow her to better focus on the element in question and increase the power of her spells.

List of said spells/magic:
- Raw wind magic, of course, which she mostly uses to stay away from enemies and keep them away from herself. The latter is achieved through what is essentially a cushion of air shoving the enemy away.
- A more focused current of air, which allows her to sort of move small objects around. It's not accurate enough to navigate something through a complicated maze, but it can be used to knock stuff off of high places without her actualy going up there, fling small objects in a rough direction, flip switches from a distance and similar things. In short, it's like a limited form of telekinesis. An added problem with this is that she really needs to focus on the object in question in order to do anything useful with it, which means that she pretty much has to stand still to use this ability.
- Wind Arrow: an extremely focused bolt of air shot at the target at high speed, easily cutting through more soft targets. Her staff allows Alicia to aim this skill a lot better than just shooting it from her hand would, and as an added bonus has less risk of her injuring herself in the process.
- Vortex: Exactly what it says on the tin. With this spell, Alicia can blast out a whirlwind of air, knocking over mostly anything not bolted down in its path. The problem with this spell is that it has a certain degree of inverse recoil; the more energy she puts into the spell and the less grounded she herself is, the more she flies off into the opposite direction. Focusing this spell can give the winds an almost blade-like property and increases its accuracy, but the increased energy also increases the knockback even further.
- Though she is not quite trained enough to create water out of air, she does have the ability to move actual liquid around to some degree, which mostly involves flinging spheres of water at her enemies. The most advanced skill she has at the moment would be to create a ropelike object of water to bind and strike enemies. The 'rope' is strong enough to keep untrained humans in place, but anything beyond that could probably break free if they really wanted, not to mention that this spell too requires constant focus for the rope not to fall apart. To fill in for the fact that she cannot actually create water just yet, she always carries around a bottle of water so that she can actually use some water magic.
- By combining her own natural Air magic with her trained Water spells, she can move a larger amount of it around. Although this obviously makes her attacks more powerful, it is somewhat dependant on the environment (as in she can't do a whole lot with this if there's no water to move around in the first place) and tires her out quicker than more 'normal' use of magic would do, for obvious reasons.

Although not really a 'combat' ability per se, Alicia is also pretty skilled in the art of speechcraft and has a decent talent to get people to do what she wants. She's far from perfect, of course, so it doesn't always turn out perfect for her. Even so, she would never stoop as low as to use the Forbidden Magic of hypnosis, even if only because it might lead to a good effect in the short term, such an act is bound to have a horrible backlash in the long term.

Bio: Alicia grew up as the daughter of a decently wealthy Avian family living in a human city, with the obvious result of her growing up in a somewhat judgmental human culture rather than the more open Avian one. From a young age Alicia was taught that in this world, power and independency are the only things that truly matter. Those with power can practically do what they want, while those without are little more than slaves of those in charge, even if they do not realize it. Power, of course, is more than pure muscle strength, as any fool who tried to fight a mage can attest to. No, true power lied in knowledge, both in the more baisc and the more mystical sense of the word. In the more common meaning, everyone has their own fears, goals and whatnot; if you know what they are, it's just a matter of knowing what buttons to press to get them to do what you want. In the more mystical sense, the sheer way in which one can manpulate the fabrics of reality itself with magic easily defeated anything that brute force could ever hope to achieve.
Not wanting to become one of the 'slaves', Alicia tried to learn as much as she could, both in the general sense and the more personal sense. Books and scrolls about history, politics, the Arcane; anything Alicia could get her hands on she would devour in her quest to gain more knowledge. Eventually her lust for knowledge was picked up by one of the local mages, who took Alicia in under his wing -- literally, in a way, considering he too was an Avian. He helped her train her magical abilities and gave her access to the local library. One day, while studying in there, Alicia overheard some people saying something about a priestess in the remote town of Atvance, who apparently had the ability to talk to the Gods(*). What better source of knowledge would there be than the Gods themselves? Asking leave from her teacher, she took off towards Atvance...

Other:
- She has a mild case of apiphobia (A fear of bees, and per extension wasps and anything that looks like the two). It's not so crippling to make her avoid all outdoor work, but she will make a wide curve around any flower patches if she spots more than one bee on it.
- Alicia owns an enchanted book/tome which only she and people she has given permission to can read the true contents of, which she uses to write down information she deems important but private. Anyone else would see something completely different, the exact details of which depending on where they found the book. For example, if they find it in a kitchen, it would show several recipes, and if they found it in a library it would show some random lore about the world or whatever. Like all enchanted items though, it has some trace 'magicalness' to it that a mage could possible sense, and like all protective charms the illusion spell can be broken by someone powerful/determined enough. The main reason said charm even exists is to prevent random schmucks from picking up the book and instantly getting all the information Alicia took Corvenus knows how long to gather.

(*) If this is not entirely accurate, consider it exaggerated villager talk/rumors.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Luma
Alyssa Sylpheed
...How opposed would you be to changing the spelling of the first name? Just something as simple as replacing the 'Y' with an 'I' will do.

It's for... personal reasons. >_>

Aside from that!! The biggest thing that stands out to me is that there's hardly any mention of what she can actually do with her water magic, EXCEPT that she can "move water around". Is this the full extent of her water abilities, or are there other noteworthy things that she knows how to do? I know I said way back at the beginning that people don't need to provide a huge list of specific spells, but, I just feel like I don't have a very good idea of what she's capable of with these water spells. o3o

The rest of this looks good, though! Well, aside from the appearance, of course. :P

...How opposed would you be to changing the spelling of the first name? Just something as simple as replacing the 'Y' with an 'I' will do.

Aside from that!! The biggest thing that stands out to me is that there's hardly any mention of what she can actually do with her water magic, EXCEPT that she can "move water around". Is this the full extent of her water abilities, or are there other noteworthy things that she knows how to do? I know I said way back at the beginning that people don't need to provide a huge list of specific spells, but, I just feel like I don't have a very good idea of what she's capable of with these water spells. o3o

The rest of this looks good, though! Well, aside from the appearance, of course. :P
...Dammit, I knew there was something with that name. Ah well, changing it up! Is Alicia fine?

Also, yeah, I'll make sure to make a more detailed description of the water magic and whatnot while I'm at it.

...Dammit, I knew there was something with that name. Ah well, changing it up! Is Alicia fine?

Also, yeah, I'll make sure to make a more detailed description of the water magic and whatnot while I'm at it.
Yeah, 'Alicia' will work just fine! ^^

Yeah, 'Alicia' will work just fine! ^^
Edited. Yay for the 'Search and Replace' function! :D.

Also, I made a quick addition to the 'water' section of the spell list. In short, she is not quite trained enough to use full-blown water spells (tidal waves, waterspouts from thin air and whatnot), something which I figured would require a lot more training than what she managed to get up until this point. Most of what she can do with her current experience level is essentially using water to enhance her already existing Air skills. Does this work?

In the meantime, I'll try to work on the description next.

Well now I'm curious...Alicia's a good name too though.

Okay, I think that should be it. I've also made a few edits in the Bio, mostly just to make clear that she's not an orphan or anything like that.

Raymond has Water as well, but I didn't really write anything in that regard. Would you like me to add something about his abilities, or would it be better to develop that when the IC stuff begins?

Raymond has Water as well, but I didn't really write anything in that regard. Would you like me to add something about his abilities, or would it be better to develop that when the IC stuff begins?
Eh, Raymond is aligned with water to begin with, which is sort of a different case than Alicia, an air elemental, knowing "some water spells", without really elaborating on the extent of it.

If you want, though, I can take a quick look at Raymond's CS a bit later tonight and see if anything seems lacking.

I'll also be looking back at Neo's CS a bit later tonight.

Name: Alicia Sylpheed
Race: Avian
Persuasion: Pentacles
Element: Air
Zodiac sign: Scorpio

Appearance:
For the most part, Alicia looks like your average Avian; a tall and slender build to the point of giving off a fragile vibe, at least in comparison to humans; in comparison to other Avians sh is actually slightly below average in length. Aside from that, some other things that point her out as being an Avian are her robe and, you know, the whole wing thing. Her eyes are mostly dark brown with a slight tinge of yellow hidden somewhere in there, giving the total a golden vibe of sorts.
Speaing of her robe: in Alicia's case, the back of it is adorned with her family's crest; a pentacle coin restin upon two crossed blades, with a crane bird in the background. The crest as a whole is supposed to be a symbol for wealth being built upon both wisdom and power, hence why there are two swords rather than just one. Seeing as she doesn't always want to show her heritage off for the entire world to see, she tends to wear it inside out whenever she visits new places.

Weapons/other combat abilities: Alicia has a decent amount of magical abilities, at the cost of practically all melee skills. She is mostly focused in wind-elemental magic, but has also taken a liking upon the element of water. The reasons for choosing water over earth and fire were simple; water is more closely related to air than earth, and a lot more diverse than fire. Although obviously her skills involving water magic are not nearly as potent as her skill in wind magic, she can at least do something with it.
Fitting for a mage, her weapon is a staff, the tip of which is fitted with two gems; A lapis lazuli and an aquamarine, stones which are related to the elements of air and water respectively. It might be just superstition, but at least to Alicia it feels like the stones allow her to better focus on the element in question and increase the power of her spells.

List of said spells/magic:
- Raw wind magic, of course, which she mostly uses to stay away from enemies and keep them away from herself. The latter is achieved through what is essentially a cushion of air shoving the enemy away.
- A more focused current of air, which allows her to sort of move small objects around. It's not accurate enough to navigate something through a complicated maze, but it can be used to knock stuff off of high places without her actualy going up there, fling small objects in a rough direction, flip switches from a distance and similar things. In short, it's like a limited form of telekinesis. An added problem with this is that she really needs to focus on the object in question in order to do anything useful with it, which means that she pretty much has to stand still to use this ability.
- Wind Arrow: an extremely focused bolt of air shot at the target at high speed, easily cutting through more soft targets. Her staff allows Alicia to aim this skill a lot better than just shooting it from her hand would, and as an added bonus has less risk of her injuring herself in the process.
- Vortex: Exactly what it says on the tin. With this spell, Alicia can blast out a whirlwind of air, knocking over mostly anything not bolted down in its path. The problem with this spell is that it has a certain degree of inverse recoil; the more energy she puts into the spell and the less grounded she herself is, the more she flies off into the opposite direction. Focusing this spell can give the winds an almost blade-like property and increases its accuracy, but the increased energy also increases the knockback even further.
- Though she is not quite trained enough to create water out of air, she does have the ability to move actual liquid around to some degree, which mostly involves flinging spheres of water at her enemies. The most advanced skill she has at the moment would be to create a ropelike object of water to bind and strike enemies. The 'rope' is strong enough to keep untrained humans in place, but anything beyond that could probably break free if they really wanted, not to mention that this spell too requires constant focus for the rope not to fall apart. To fill in for the fact that she cannot actually create water just yet, she always carries around a bottle of water so that she can actually use some water magic.
- By combining her own natural Air magic with her trained Water spells, she can move a larger amount of it around. Although this obviously makes her attacks more powerful, it is somewhat dependant on the environment (as in she can't do a whole lot with this if there's no water to move around in the first place) and tires her out quicker than more 'normal' use of magic would do, for obvious reasons.

Although not really a 'combat' ability per se, Alicia is also pretty skilled in the art of speechcraft and has a decent talent to get people to do what she wants. She's far from perfect, of course, so it doesn't always turn out perfect for her. Even so, she would never stoop as low as to use the Forbidden Magic of hypnosis, even if only because it might lead to a good effect in the short term, such an act is bound to have a horrible backlash in the long term.

Bio: Alicia grew up as the daughter of a decently wealthy Avian family living in a human city, with the obvious result of her growing up in a somewhat judgmental human culture rather than the more open Avian one. From a young age Alicia was taught that in this world, power and independency are the only things that truly matter. Those with power can practically do what they want, while those without are little more than slaves of those in charge, even if they do not realize it. Power, of course, is more than pure muscle strength, as any fool who tried to fight a mage can attest to. No, true power lied in knowledge, both in the more baisc and the more mystical sense of the word. In the more common meaning, everyone has their own fears, goals and whatnot; if you know what they are, it's just a matter of knowing what buttons to press to get them to do what you want. In the more mystical sense, the sheer way in which one can manpulate the fabrics of reality itself with magic easily defeated anything that brute force could ever hope to achieve.
Not wanting to become one of the 'slaves', Alicia tried to learn as much as she could, both in the general sense and the more personal sense. Books and scrolls about history, politics, the Arcane; anything Alicia could get her hands on she would devour in her quest to gain more knowledge. Eventually her lust for knowledge was picked up by one of the local mages, who took Alicia in under his wing -- literally, in a way, considering he too was an Avian. He helped her train her magical abilities and gave her access to the local library. One day, while studying in there, Alicia overheard some people saying something about a priestess in the remote town of Atvance, who apparently had the ability to talk to the Gods(*). What better source of knowledge would there be than the Gods themselves? Asking leave from her teacher, she took off towards Atvance...

Other: She has a mild case of apiphobia (A fear of bees, and per extension wasps and anything that looks like the two). It's not so crippling to make her avoid all outdoor work, but she will make a wide curve around any flower patches if she spots more than one bee on it.
(*) If this is not entirely accurate, consider it exaggerated villager talk/rumors.
This looks good!! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I actually read through this a while ago and thought "yup, it's good" and apparently got distracted before I actually replied... @_@ Today's been an off day on that front...

@Eruantien Ok, yeah, I see what you mean now about not mentioning any magic. Um... I guess that depends on whether or not your character really has noteworthy magical abilities. @_@

Like, yeah, everyone can use magic, but not everyone is good at it. o3o

I know in your CS you mentioned that he "inscribed water runes" into the Nightbane, but, using magic for that sort of purpose seems to be a bit different from using magic in combat -- especially since inscribing runes would fall under the category of spellcasting. And it's totally possible that, although he became good at a few spells, Raymond might not have very much raw magic ability.

So uh... yeah, it might be a good idea to flesh out what he's capable of, assuming he is capable of more than just that. o.o

And speaking of existing CS's -- @AnimeLover_Princess, do you think you might be able to give Zito a last name? I didn't think it mattered enough to say anything at first, but, for sake of consistency, it would make more sense if all the characters were listed with their last names... unless Zito literally doesn't have a last name, but I doubt that. :P