Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, guys kept me in suspence! I will start working on a post as soon as I can!

Phew, guys kept me in suspence! I will start working on a post as soon as I can!
Apologies, things have been pretty busy for me lately. If you haven't seen it yet, I do highly recommend joining the Discord channel as there is a lot of OOC activity there.

Hey, hey, hey!

Readin' through this at the moment, but I am very tired and it's getting pretty late (or pretty early, depending on how you look at 5 AM), and so apologies if it's written somewhere, but you're still taking players, right?

Hey, hey, hey!

Readin' through this at the moment, but I am very tired and it's getting pretty late (or pretty early, depending on how you look at 5 AM), and so apologies if it's written somewhere, but you're still taking players, right?
Hello, Dec. Yes, it is still accepting. And It's quite a bit to read, I know. If you need help with anything, let me know.

• Thank You
Reactions: DocDec
I feel terrible T_T

I haven't paid the attention this RP deserves, and the number of IC posts is building up, and I realize I can't keep track Dx

I'm withdrawing for the moment, but if circumstances align themselves in my favour, I'll try rejoining at a later date.

Thanks for the fun everyone, you're all great roleplayers and I look forward to playing with any of you again! xxx

I feel terrible T_T

I haven't paid the attention this RP deserves, and the number of IC posts is building up, and I realize I can't keep track Dx

I'm withdrawing for the moment, but if circumstances align themselves in my favour, I'll try rejoining at a later date.

Thanks for the fun everyone, you're all great roleplayers and I look forward to playing with any of you again! xxx
It's a shame to see you go, if you're ever able to come back you'd be very welcomed.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn
Good to be back! Here are my updated character sheets. Let me know if anything needs changing.

[fieldbox=Sage, #00eeff]

Male

Race

Human

Time spent with the Wardens:

Three years

Class

Archer/Rogue

Inguz Stance - A type of combat style developed by Sage during his training with Ramses, combining the aspects of an assassin and a feline in combat. Sage is capable of archery as well as stealth, and utilizes the archer and rogue classes simultaneously.

Strengths
  • Exceptionally athletic and agile, can scale certain buildings/towers/cliffs/trees with little to no effort, much like an animal
  • Heightened sense of smell
  • Expert at hunting and tracking
  • Tailoring
  • Capable of taming a variety of species
  • Cooking
  • Well versed/literate in a variety of languages such as Common, Elder Tongue, Southern, and a vague comprehension of beastial.
Weaknesses
  • Fear of goats and rams
  • Socializing
  • Unable to see well in the dark
  • Swordplay
  • Low defense
  • Poor armor

Equipment

Three Inguz Steel Daggers
Steel Short Sword
Wyvern Bone Longbow
Bladed Gloves
Throwing Knives
An assortment of hunting equipment, traps, smoke bombs and poisons.
Ingredients such as herbs, spices etc.
Cooking equipment

Position on Magic

Undecided

• At first glance, it is nearly impossible to tell where Sage is from, or where he's been. The man dresses like a mercenary from the sandy deserts of Balefall, speaks with a Vardendalian accent, and carries himself like a Inguz tribesmen. With his height being 6'1", Sage often stands out in a room as a result of his unusual choice of clothing, the most noticeable garment being his mask, which few people have seen him without.

The man is covered from head to toe in daggers, knives and pouches filled to the brim with herbs, spices, plants and a variety of ingredients. An intriguing yet odd scent seems to radiate from the man at all times because of the assortment of chemicals and organisms constantly on his person. His presence often immediately causes tension and intimidation wherever he may find himself.

His abundance of tattered clothing makes it difficult for one to notice his slim build and tan skin, which suggest hours upon hours spent outdoors in deserts and forests. Although he isn't exceptionally muscular, his body is well toned as a result of constant physical activity.

If one were lucky enough to witness Sage without his mask they would find a perfectly healthy, young looking man coupled with soft features, clear skin and vibrant light blue eyes. These features, along with his snow white hair suggest that his parents may have been Norborin.

• Sage was raised among Feline tribesmen, a majority of his life was quite literally spent living in the wilderness, thus he has a wide array of quirks and differences from that of your average human in terms of mannerism and behavior. Even his fellow Inguzs see him as a bit strange. The man talks different, eats different, even going so far as to walk in an odd, animal like manner, not purposefully, but simply out of genuine habit.

It's difficult to tell what Sage may be thinking or feeling due to him always wearing his mask, unless one frequented his company and broke down his behavior psychologically. He often stares at people without saying a word, quietly and curiously observing their movements and behavior from behind the black painted eyes of his hand-made mask which can be quite unsettling for some. However, his silence is merely a result of how shy Sage can be, typically around strangers and even more so around humans and mages. The man bears no prejudice against any races and judges people based on their character, however, he is most comfortable around Elves and other Inguzs.

The man absolutely adores nature and its animals, and is very much against wildlife abuse or mindlessly killing creatures simply for sport. He's learned to communicate with nature itself, in some ways. Whether it be reading the sway of the trees or feeling the dirt beneath him, or simply gazing at plants and wildlife at an attempt to see what or who may have been there before. Sage does not talk to nature, he merely communicates, and in some way understands it. This is all a result of his adolescence living in the wilderness.

Sage has spent most of his recent life alone, traveling Ellira, and thus has grown largely independent on himself and feels somewhat uncomfortable when socializing with strangers or being confined to an area with a large amount of people for a long duration of time. The man would go so far as to climb to the roof of a building or hang from the wooden beams of a ceiling for some peace and quiet.

As eerie as he may seem, if one manages to spark up a conversation with Sage they will find that he is a rather open-minded and friendly individual. He's articulate and widely knowledgeable in a variety of subjects regarding most of the nations of Ellira regarding the land and culture. His travels have taken him far and wide, which occasionally will make it easier for him to get along with others. He's quite honest with people, no matter who they are, or may think they are, and his words are mistaken for insults more often than not. A rather straightforward and curious individual, Sage will not hesitate to speak his mind when he finds the courage to speak at all.

• Deep in the empty plains of Artana an elvish farm sits alone among the green pastures, not too far of a distance from Keth's borders. Smoke can be seen from miles away as its barns and cottages burn incessantly. It's occupants lie on the dirt, slaughtered. Inguz rummage through the aftermath of a gruesome battle between Elven farmers and feline tribesmen, in search of anything that may be of value. However, to their surprise, they come across not gold or valuables, but a two year old white haired and light blue eyed toddler, sleeping within a wooden crib, unbeknownst to the unsettling amount of dead bodies that lay outside. The most startling fact to the Inguz being that this newborn is not an Elf like those who resided in the farm, but a Human.

"His hair is as white as a Sage flower," Says an Inguz, a feline lion by the name of Osin.

Sage, upon being spared by this Inguz tribe, is taken in by Osin, and the two return to Keth along with their party of Inguz. The boy spent the next decade being raised by this feline tribe, partaking in the very same activities and culture that their people do, who were quick to accept the boy into their tribe, happily treating him as one of their own, which was a surprise considering their disdain for humans, yet they saw Sage as being purely innocent in regards to the matter, and would raise him to respect the Inguz as he would respect his own family. Osin frequently took the boy into the wilderness and taught him numerous things about the environment and its wildlife. Early on Sage was taught to track and hunt animals, providing him with the necessary tools to do so since he wasn't an Inguz, thus he would have to rely on the use and know-how of weapons.

Osin raised Sage as if he were his own son, and the boy truly believed that he was his father, in some way.

The tribe prospered over the years and began to expand. Although Sage had explored much of Keth thanks to Osin, and had even visited neighboring tribes, he had never met another human, and Osin made sure to keep it that way for as long as possible. The members of the tribe had identified him as Inguz since he was a toddler, however, they never explained to him how he came to be a part of their community, only going so far as to say that he was "unique,"

It wasn't long after the tribes expansion that word began to spread among the rest of the country. On Sage's fourteenth birthday (the day Osin and the Inguz discovered him at the farm) a group of traveling merchants on their way to Sotis caught wind of the prospering community and took it upon themselves to visit the tribe in hopes of trade and refuge. Sage was astonished at their presence, immediately going into a frenzy of questions.

After the boy had calmed down, Osin decided to reveal to him the truth regarding the day they found him sleeping in a crib within an Elven farm. On that very day, Osin had rummaged through the contents of the cottage in search of anything that may reveal why the Elves were harboring a human toddler. Deciding that now was the most appropriate time, he bestowed upon the boy a letter addressed to the Elven farmers, written by his mother.

Letter to Elves:

Dear Gwyn, my most trusted of friends, I write to you with unfathomable urgency. Time is very short, and so I shall be brief. Your husband Aerin has departed from Portsmouth with my dear Jaron, I beg of you to look after him. Pirates are firing at our ship as we speak, Most of the crew has already boarded the dinghy's. Alas, me and Dorian have been branded lower class and are to remain on the ship. Aerin only had enough coin to request passage for himself, and so we have left Jaron in his hands. I beg of you, please give him the love and nourishment I cannot, and see that he never brandishes a sword. Teach him to read and write, find him honest work amongst the Elves, inform him as much as possible that he has a mother who loves him grea- (writing ends here)

Osin had used every resource he had available in an attempt to find out if his mother had survived, but to no avail. He wanted to keep this knowledge hidden forever, and hoped to abide by the request Sage's mother had made, more so because of how guilty he felt for slaughtering the boys new family. He wanted to the boy to become a hunter, profiting off of the land. It was the most honest job he could conceive for a boy growing up with Inguz.

Spiraling into a state of confusion, Sage spent the rest of his day alone in the wilderness to ponder his overwrought emotions. As the boy sat amongst the trees and animals, his many years spent within nature warned him that evil had infiltrated his home. With haste he dashed through the forest back to the tribe, his heart sinking as he saw smoke rising from houses. The merchants who had been in search of trade and shelter had been in disguise, the reality being they were scouts for a notorious band of criminals that had received word of the growing village and took it upon themselves to raid the tribe. The boy watched the only home he knew set ablaze, in the midst of the fire and death stood a marked Horned Swordsman, who appeared to be the leader of the band.

Sage sprinted into the village at full speed, frantically searching for his loved ones as the Marked bandits raided the tribe. They only slaughtered those that fought to defend the village, and were merely in search of gold and valuables. After the entire tribe had been ransacked and its defenders killed in battle, the bandits departed.

Osin, being the forefront and foundation of their defense, did not survive the attack. With their village nearly burned to ashes and their necessities stolen, the tribe was forced to pack what was left of the village and travel north to a neighboring village. Upon arrival, the neighboring tribe was more than willing to take them in. Their numbers had dwindled drastically, after all.

Sage was taken in by one of Osin's cousins, Ramses. He was the captain of the tribes guard. The two had only met once in the past, and that was when the boy was twelve. Ramses didn't particularly have the same ideals as his cousin, and was quite passionate about his hatred for humans and mages. He was hard-headed, and saw the world as a dangerous place for Inguz. He knew, however, that Sage would not face this same ridicule. Even so, he thought it best to prepare the boy for the treacherous world of Ellira. Sage himself had witnessed the harsh reality of the world that they lived in. Where Osin had taught Sage to hunt, track and communicate with nature, Ramses decided it would be best to teach the boy how to fight, move and kill like Inguz. The next five years were spent in training.

It was during this period of his life Sage acquired the mask.

By the time Sage turned nineteen, Ramses had built the boy up to be a well-rounded fighter. On many occasions he took the boy to towns and villages in Osigon to better acquaint him with humans and elves, rather than isolating him. Even though his childhood was spent in nourishment and care, Sage couldn't help but feel like he had been living a lie. Now equipped with the knowledge he needed to survive, Sage bid farewell to his family of Inguz, and ventured off on his own to explore the world he had been hidden from for so long.

Even though the young man had visited human cities and settlements on numerous occasions, he couldn't help but feel lost without Ramses. He desperately wanted to explore the world, and decided that the most suitable route for such a journey would be mercenary work. It didn't take long for people to notice his unorthodox style, and he soon found himself traveling Ellira with a band of misfit mercenaries. Sage spent the next few years of his life indulging himself in the culture, environment, and people of other nations.

For four years Sage and his fellow mercenaries traveled throughout a majority of Ellira, spending most of their time in the nations of Sotis, Etvia and Kalico. On the many occasions the mercenaries encountered Inguz during their line of work, Sage utilized every aspect of Elder Tongue he knew to avoid bloodshed, however on most occasions the Inguz would see the attempt at peace as a trap, a misconception that always lead to their own death. With time, the group amassed a sizable number of clients, and had even procured enough gold to open a barracks in Sotis. Even though the experience as a whole was memorable, and Sage had learned much from his fellow mercenaries both in and out of battle, many questions in the mans life were still left without answers. He yearned to discover the fate of his parents and punish those responsible, as well as exact vengeance upon the man that had murdered his father and set his home ablaze.

After much stressful consideration, Sage bid farewell to his fellow mercenaries, that of which he considered family as well. His search for the truth began in Portsmouth, the location he had allegedly departed from on the day his mothers ship was attacked by pirates. Sage wandered Ellira on his own, with very few clues and only a few names at his disposal. His many years of fighting experience allowed him to take up bounty hunting in his spare time to support himself financially.

Four years of searching produced absolutely no results. As desperate as Sage grew, he was plagued with even more troubles. His travels allowed the man to realize how much Ellira was beginning to tear itself apart. He had known nothing but peace for half his life, but traveling Ellira in the midst of slavery, conspiracy, segregation and disagreement, he felt somewhat obligated to play a part in its reunification.

For quite some time he put off joining the Kings Wardens, in fear that such a route would disrupt his path for truth and retribution. As time went on, however, Sage took it upon himself to do good in the world while he was still able, hoping that along the way the Creator would guide him to his ambitions.

• Sage grew up amongst Felines and spent a majority of his life believing that he was one of them. Even though he is aware and understands that he is not a Inguz and is in fact Human, he can't help but feel a connection to the Feline race and truly feels like a Inguz in his heart. Hearing these concerns, his mask was crafted by a Feline mage that resided in his last tribe. She blessed the mask itself and decorated it with markings, leather and jewelry derived from ancient Inguz relics, convincing Sage that every moment he spends wearing the mask, he spends as a Inguz. He feels extremely uncomfortable and anxious when not wearing the mask. It is the most precious valuable to him next to the letter he possesses written by his mother.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Lucatiel Pentaghast, #00e348]

Female

Race

Human

Time spent with the Wardens

One year

Class

Warrior, former Inquisitor

Strengths
  • Swordplay
  • One on one combat
  • Hand to hand combat
  • High endurance
Weaknesses
  • Suspicious of magic, mages
  • Ranged attacks
  • Heavy armor and weapons; a bit slow

Equipment

Inquisition armor
Longsword
Kite Shield

Position on Magic

Anti-Mage

• Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 150

Fair skin and dark hair, Lucatiel hasn't any noteworthy traits that would distinguish her from your average Etvian human other than her bright green eyes. Quite rarely do people see her out of her trademarked half-plated combat armor, which she wears on a daily basis. That coupled with two decades worth of physical training has provided quite the muscular body, strong enough to wield any sword and sport most sets of armor with relative ease.

Rather than have her hair up in a bun like most Etvian women brought up in the military, she cuts it short every so often to the point where it barely exceeds her neck. Out of habit, she makes sure to keep herself relatively groomed.

• Relentlessly rigid in both mind and body, Lucatiel is a model soldier who displays both discipline and a stern attitude in every aspect of her behavior. Constantly maintaining a dignified appearance in any present company, hardly will she participate nor even acknowledge any type of foolish behavior or activities.

Rarely in her lifetime has she been awarded the luxury of amusement and relaxation, and at times she may come off as mundane or completely serious, as if she is foreign to any types of fun or happiness. Although it is true that her sense of humor is lacking, this is not entirely the case, and is only a result of years spent in vigorous training and an occupation that requires one to remain solemn and astute at all times of the hour.

Thus, Lucatiel is a person who can only find solace when occupied with tasks that require such a reputable mindset. Life as a Inquisitor is the only life she has ever known.

As a result of having spent two decades under the influence and pressure of a city renowned for both its holy soldiers and slave army, Lucatiel naturally sees herself above any race that is not human. This is not, however, because she believes she is superior. This mindset is an unrelenting habit. She was quite literally raised to see Elves as lesser beings and Inguzs as savages. Even so, she is genuinely making an attempt to change her perception of other races.

Doing so, however, is excruciatingly better said than done. She will often feel uncomfortable whilst in the company of any race that is not human, as she is unsure how to speak to them even in the most casual of situations. Although she strives for equality on the inside, putting said beliefs into actions will take time. Decades of racist guidance and cruel ideals will have to be undone.

Even though Lucatiel has silently pledged to herself to be more open-minded, hoping to differentiate herself from her fellow Etvian peers and superiors, she wholeheartedly retains her Anti-mage beliefs. This is not, however, out of fear. Albeit she does not fully understand magic, she has observed and studied it numerous times in the past, allowing her to observe it from a rational perspective.

She considers it a dangerous tool that mere humans should not possess, in her opinion the consequences of such abilities far outweigh the benefits.

Even so, she is not an extremist, and does not seek to combat or even murder mages or their affiliates. She does, however, contain biased and uneasy feelings towards any mages, and will often retain suspicion when in their company.

• Raised in the heart and beauty of Etvia with her mother and father, two well renowned Inquisitors, as well as three older siblings who were undergoing Inquisition training, Lucatiel was practically born to wield a blade, as it was family tradition. She lived a relatively happy life, sheltered and unaware of the slavery and unconscious racism that came with Etvia.

As soon as she was able, Lucatiel attended school with other military children where she was taught the basics of math, reading, writing, as well as lectures regarding the land of Ellira and the countries within, along with basic information regarding each countries cultures and traditions.

Her parents, heavily instilling their ideals and beliefs into their children, brought Lucatiel up to see herself as above Elves and Inguz. Most if not all the children that she attended school with had already been established as anti-magic and it was inevitable that she herself felt the same way. Still, they studied the use and concept of Magic, as it was valuable information to learn in the eyes Etvian teachers.

On her twelfth birthday, Lucatiel was gifted a training sword by by father, as was customary in the family. Albeit, she was their youngest child at the time and their only daughter, her parents still decided to put her through the same training as her three brothers. Lucatiel did not think to object her parents decision, and aspired to follow in their footsteps.

The training from there on ocurred both on and off the field. Her mornings were spent running laps throughout the training grounds with her fellow classmates and siblings as well as other such activities like sword fighting and horseback riding. Her afternoons spent indoors with books and maps, their focus broadened from mere school curriculum to the the ins and outs of military battle, tactics and strategy.

The training itself was not exhausting or dreadful, her teachers and instructors were patient, and her peers tolerable. As Lucatiel and her classmates improved over the years, the training increased in vigor to keep up with their pace, as well as the standards set by students before them.

By the time she was in her twenties, Lucatiel was a well rounded and established Warrior and Tactician, at least in theory. She is above average academically speaking, as well as in great physical shape, but even all the vigorous training in the world couldn't give one the experience of battle, which she and her colleagues absolutely lacked.

At the age of twenty two, with both her Military and Inquisition training complete, Lucatiel had officially followed in the footsteps of her parents and siblings. However, even though she lived in Etvia her entire life, quite rarely did she witness the cruelty bestowed upon Elves, Mages and Inguz first-hand. Even on these most rarest occasions, she would simply assume that the victim was a menace to society, an unconscious mindset she was brought up to believe throughout her life.

Officially deployed as a member of the Inquisition and Etvian Army, Lucatiel set off to experience battle for the first time, which she had been more than prepared for both physically and mentally. However, her time spent with the military allowed her to witness for herself not only the turmoil of battle, but the affects of human cruelty upon other races.

Where she had been brought up in the military willingly, there were thousands upon thousands of Elves who were instead serving in the army against their will. The most striking truth of all for the young woman was the fact that they were people, just like her, with thoughts, feelings, families and even ambitions.

Lucatiel witnessed the death of Elves and Inguz in battle through careless strategy as a result of a lack of concern for their lives. Those in charge of battle tactics deployed the "lesser" races in battle first, in both numerous numbers and hardly armed, overwhelming the enemy at the cost of numerous lives. She witnessed their deaths first hand, watching as they bled, just as humans did, and wept, just as humans did.

Now having seen things from a different perspective, Lucatiel could no longer agree nor abide by the constant slavery, racism, and mindless war that her fellow Etvian's turned a blind eye to as they sat upon Elven cities claiming them as their own. She spent years conflicted as to what to think, torn between not wanting to disappoint her family and fellow peers, yet at the same time riddled with guilt to the point where she lost sleep.

It wasn't until King Akard's ideals and search for Warriors had spread to Etvia that Lucatiel had found the courage to make her decision to quit her life as an Inquisitor and member of the Etvian Army. Her family was quick to both disagree and disown her, showing no sympathy for her feelings nor guilt for their own actions, even going so far as to claim she was a blight upon their otherwise perfect heritage.

She had not expected her family to think otherwise, and had prepared herself for their disownment. It was painful, yet bearable. She knew under their stern words and actions they still loved her, and she them. It would have hurt more to stay and fight alongside ideals she did not agree with or comrades who treated other races with cruelty.

Without a family or nation to call home, Lucatiel set off for Morcrest in hopes of becoming a Kings Warden.

• Name
    Farren

Species
    Mustang

On several occasions Lucatiel has been teased by her fellow Inquisitiors and peers as to why she prefers a common horse as a mount when Ellira offers a plethora of superior mounts. She tends to ignore these questions, and is far too stubborn to admit the fact that she herself has bonded with Farren as a result of saving the horses life after it had been attacked by a wild Wyvern. Albeit she did not take on the creature alone and had the assistance of her fellow soldiers, Lucatiel nursed the animal back to health herself. Since than she trained it herself to be a proper mount fit for a Inquisitior.

There are scars on his left thigh leading down the leg, as well as another on the base of its nose, as a result of the Wyvern attack.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
Alright, so here goes. You know there are a lot of minor technicalities you need to update-- the sooner the better, because while I know how they're supposed to be, they will potentially throw other people off.
Sage (Jaron Eckbert)
Mostly technical fixes and touch-ups at this point. I'm not going to point most of them out.
Three Inguz Steel Daggers
Inguz primarily use weapons as tools. Inguzcraft daggers would focus on utility. There isn't a problem with this.
The man dresses like a mercenary from the sandy deserts of Balefall
Not inherently wrong, however, you might want to match it up with the change from Balefall to the Sotis Republic.
speaks with a Vardendalian accent
I'm not sure where you're going to place his accent now, but this is definitely wrong.
suggest that his parents may have been Norborin.
Okay. Norboro is very anti-elvish. If you want to keep the Artanese village as being primarily Elvish, you need to change his parents original homeland (Barren, Ketweland, or Morcrest are all pretty good options).
Depending on the rank/job of Sage's parents, a surname might be unlikely. Norboro in particular only has surnames for nobility, and even not always then.
Your husband Aerin has departed from Portsmouth with my dear Jaron
Portsmouth is an awful place for pirates. Morcrest's navy is extensive and competent. It's immensely unlikely a ship would be attacked by pirates here.
other Inguz.
I said I wouldn't point most of them out, but this one is a bad one.

Finally (this one is on me), there are some details about Keth which aren't exactly on point. Nothing extreme-- and I realise the Keth description is a bit lacking. I'll try to update that fairly soon. And write something more thorough.

Sage is accepted

Lucatiel Pentaghast
Onto #2
Tiny fanboy squeal because Pentaghast. Ahem
Strengths
Weaknesses
I'd like to see a bit more here, overall. For example, you don't mention anything about her potential bonuses when fighting against mages. I don't believe I actually finished writing up the section on Inquisitors, so I'll do that soon for you. All-in-all, her strengths/weakness feel a bit flat compared to Sage's.
slave army
Etvia doesn't technically allow slavery. Instead it has slavery by a prettier name: indentured servitude. This only applies to elves, however. Inguz are not even considered "human" enough to be counted as a race in Etvia, generally. This has a lot to do with the unending hostility between Etvia and the Wildlands (and to some degree, Keth).

there were thousands upon thousands of Elves who were instead serving in the army against their will
While no doubt there are elves forced to serve as common soldier, there would not be that many. More commonly, elves are forced into menial types of jobs.

With changes in mind,
Lucatiel is accepted.

• Useful
Reactions: Gossamer
Important: This does not end the current scene just yet. You still have time to wrap things up and whatnot. The holidays are a busy season, so I'm allowing a bit more time for everything to finish up. I am unexpectedly busy myself right now, which is mostly why I've been somewhat absent.

@Applo @Tyrannosaurus Rekt @DinoFeather @Mite @FrostedCaramel @Niiwa @Cerulean @E.T. @Gossamer

Mission Set I
There are currently two tasks which require the attention of the King's Wardens. With a total of twelve characters, there will ideally be six to each mission. For the most part, you are able to choose which mission your character is sent on. This is an out of character choice, it will be treated ICly as the characters being assigned their mission. For certain missions there will be limitations which may prevent a character from partaking-- such as being a mage or (not) belonging to a particular race. Finally, I might do some rearranging if circumstance requires, such as too many characters to one mission. You can of course, also not vote and have me assign your character (if you go this route, please specify you're not choosing so I don't wait on you).

Kalico's Favour
Kalico is a wealthy and significant trade hub for land caravans in central Elliria, and in the past was a powerful ally and dreadful enemy to its neighbors. At present, the Kalico government is fractured and stagnated; the Royal faction supports the beloved yet ill Queen while the influential Noble faction supports the noble council currently in charge of the nation of Kalico. A civil war is unlikely to happen, but the conflict is beginning to reach its peak – this is the prime moment for intervention. However, Morcrest isn't the only one with this idea…

A company of the King's Wardens will travel to Kalico as Morcrest's ambassadors and convince the leaders of Kalico to unify with Morcrest, and to prevent the agents of other nations from inciting a civil war.

Background Information:
  • The Royal faction backs Queen Caieta II, the heirless and ill queen of Kalico. Among her supporters are the army and church, who value her ambition and intuition. Information about the queen is hard to come by, but there are quite a few chilling rumors about her situation and actions.
  • The Noble faction backs the Noble Council, the current regent council leading Kalico. Among their supporters are the nobles and merchants, who value their wealth and influence. The Nobles are accommodating to the Wardens, but take care not to take things at face value.
  • Trade is the lifeblood of Kalico. The Scouts are able to learn many things for the right price.
  • Kalico is in a cold war with Vardendale and has skirmishes on the Wildlands border. Wardens should take care when traveling to western Kalico. Should a civil war happen, these nations will not remain idle.
    The Wardens' main base of operation is the Silver Shaffron Inn in the capital city of Dunstan, located in central Kalico. The Wardens are allowed audience with the Queen, and most Nobles will allow the Wardens to stay in the manors and mansions for a time.

Other Points
  • Kalico's hatred of Vardendale restricts any Elves from joining. Half-elves may join only if they are especially careful.
  • Characters with influence and/or wealth will be especially useful.

Pirates in the South
While Elliria's southern seas have been plagued by pirates as far back as anyone can remember, recent months have suffered an undeniable increase in their activity. In particular, the number of raids on and around Amicyre has caught King Akard's attention. This concern is furthered as rumour of an organized faction of pirates, allegedly operating under a self-proclaimed "Pirate King," gains traction. A company of the King's Wardens will sail to Amicyre to deal with this issue and eliminate any perpetuated threat.
Background Information:

• The Island of Amicyre was previously the separate nation of Amicyre. In 942 it officially became a part of Morcrest when King Higard's war of conquest was victorious. The Amycyrish revolted against Morcrest in 944, but they were swiftly put down. They tried twice more, the first time in 956 and again in 961, with both attempts unsuccessful. . Since then, Amicyre has remained a Morcrestian territory.
    Because Amicyre is a Morcrestian territory, Mocrestian laws apply, although they are more commonly broken. Furthermore, this means the Wardens will have notable authority and there will be no foreign relations to botch if things go sour. Any mainland Morcrestian agents there will be amiable.
  • Because of the short amount of time Amicyre has been a territory of Morcrest (~34 years), there is still a deal of resistance among the native population. Not everyone will necessarily want to cooperate with the Wardens, a few might even be hostile.
  • The Wardens will be operating out of an old fortress, Moldermouth Keep, which was refurbished during Higard's conquest and has remained the seat of Morcrestian control in Amicyre since. Moldermouth is managed by Cregan Moore, who will be the main contact assisting the Wardens in their attempts to thwart the pirates. House Moore has been involved in Amicyre's management since King Higard first conquered it.
Other Points
  • There are no restrictions for going on this mission.
  • Characters capable of flying and/or experience on ships will be especially useful.
Please respond in this thread.
vote now on your phones

I guess I'll be the first to throw in my choice then.

I'd like to have Ansley take part in Kalico's Favor, he's not especially suited for swimming... Or shipboard life... Or flying. Plus the possibility of getting caught in a war is something that would fall right up his alley of interests.
Characters with influence and/or wealth will be especially useful.
He's neither of these, so if it ends up being a problem with the others who would like to choose this mission I can have him go on the other as well with no problem. Bashing in skulls doesn't tend to change much from soldiers to pirates, one of them you just have to be a bit more keen about how hard you swing.

-Is waiting to fill in where needed.-

I'll go ahead and send Lucatiel to Kalico and Sage to Amicyre, if I may split the two up. If not, just drop them wherever, I don't mind.

I think it would make sense for Tora to head to Amicyre. The Kalico mission seems like it needs people that are at least slightly well adjusted. Also pirates

Seems like Kwirk us going to Elliria.

@Cerulean

Ceru, they're both in Elliria. c:

• Thank You
Reactions: Cerulean
You're both in Elliria.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I haven't checked here in a while and it did not send me a notification. I think Lareira with her background and everything would be sent to Kalico, even it is a bit of a bit to close for comfort for her.

Also I hope to have a post up shortly

Reactions: Applo
red Hello, everyone.

I have an unfortunate announcement. As of late I do not have the time or ability to give All the King's Men the dedication and attention it deserves. There is too much going on right now which I need to focus on. Because of this, All the King's Men will be going on hiatus for an uncertain length of time. I want to thank you all for being a part of this roleplay You're one of the best groups I have participated in, both in character and out. This isn't the end of AtKM, it will be back eventually. And when it does, I'd be happy to welcome any or all of you back.

Thanks for everything and may the best future endeavors be with you.
--Rook

Status
Not open for further replies.