Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

• Nice Execution!
  • Love
Reactions: Applo and Cerulean
We're back!

Hey friends, it's time for some tagging spam. Please reply in this thread as soon as possible. Alright, so tagging spam time. The 5th of August is the big date here. Please respond before then, otherwise I can't guarantee for certain your spot will be free.

Co GMs
@DinoFeather @Mite
You've already both confirmed you're back. But organization is important.

Players Active When Hiatus Started:
@Cerulean @E.T. @FrostedCaramel @Niiwa @Tyrannosaurus Rekt

@Gossamer (Make those updates you were supposed to do before and your sheets are accepted)

Not Active, But Your Sheets are Already Approved:
pls come back to us
@BruisedLavender @Dipper

Important! Please Read:
Here are the Mission Sets, please pick one-- or designated you don't care and I'll assign you to one.

Mission Set I
There are currently two tasks which require the attention of the King's Wardens. With a total of twelve characters, there will ideally be six to each mission. For the most part, you are able to choose which mission your character is sent on. This is an out of character choice, it will be treated ICly as the characters being assigned their mission. For certain missions there will be limitations which may prevent a character from partaking-- such as being a mage or (not) belonging to a particular race. Finally, I might do some rearranging if circumstance requires, such as too many characters to one mission. You can of course, also not vote and have me assign your character.

Kalico's Favour

Kalico is a wealthy and significant trade hub for land caravans in central Elliria, and in the past was a powerful ally and dreadful enemy to its neighbors. At present, the Kalico government is fractured and stagnated; the Royal faction supports the beloved yet ill Queen while the influential Noble faction supports the permanency of the regency council currently ruling Kalico. A civil war is unlikely to happen, but the conflict is beginning to reach its peak – this is the prime moment for intervention and the consequences will sway the future of not only Kalico, but the whole of central Elliria. However, Morcrest is not the only one with this idea…

A company of the King's Wardens will travel to Kalico as Morcrest's ambassadors and convince the leaders of Kalico to confederate with Morcrest, and to prevent the agents of other nations from inciting a civil war.

Background Information:
  • The Royal faction backs Queen Caieta II, the heirless and ill queen of Kalico. The majority of her supporters are the knights and soldiers, who value her ambition and intuition. Information about the queen is hard to come by, but there are quite a few chilling rumors about her situation and actions.
  • The Noble faction wishes permanency for the regency council currently leading Kalico. Among their supporters are the nobles and church, who value the nobility's wealth and influence. The Nobles are accommodating to the Wardens, but goodwill is the least of their motives.
  • Trade is the lifeblood of Kalico. The Scouts are able to learn many things for the right price.
  • Kalico is in a cold war with Vardendale and has skirmishes on the Wildlands border. Wardens should take care when traveling to western Kalico. Should a civil war happen, these nations will not remain idle.
  • The Wardens' main base of operation is the Silver Shaffron Inn in the capital city of Dunstan, located in central Kalico. The Wardens are allowed audience with the Queen, and most Nobles will allow the Wardens to stay in the manors and mansions for a time.
Other Points:
  • Kalico's hatred of Vardendale will severely hinder Elven Wardens in this mission. Elves and half-elves should be especially careful if they consider joining. Elves will not be assigned to this task unless requested, so keep that in mind for IC events.
  • Characters with influence and/or wealth will be especially useful.
Pirates in the South
While Elliria's southern seas have been plagued by pirates as far back as anyone can remember, recent months have suffered an undeniable increase in their activity. In particular, the number of raids on and around Amicyre has caught King Akard's attention. This concern is furthered as rumour of an organized faction of pirates, allegedly operating under a self-proclaimed "Pirate King," gains traction. A company of the King's Wardens will sail to Amicyre to deal with this issue and eliminate any perpetuated threat.

Background Information:

• The Island of Amicyre was previously the separate nation of Amicyre. In 942 it officially became a part of Morcrest when King Higard's war of conquest was victorious. The Amycyrish revolted against Morcrest in 944, but they were swiftly put down. They tried twice more, the first time in 956 and again in 961, with both attempts unsuccessful. . Since then, Amicyre has remained a Morcrestian territory.
    Because Amicyre is a Morcrestian territory, Mocrestian laws apply, although they are more commonly broken. Furthermore, this means the Wardens will have notable authority and there will be no foreign relations to botch if things go sour. Any mainland Morcrestian agents there will be amiable.
  • Because of the short amount of time Amicyre has been a territory of Morcrest (~34 years), there is still a deal of resistance among the native population. Not everyone will necessarily want to cooperate with the Wardens, a few might even be hostile.
  • The Wardens will be operating out of an old fortress, Moldermouth Keep, which was refurbished during Higard's conquest and has remained the seat of Morcrestian control in Amicyre since. Moldermouth is managed by Cregan Moore, who will be the main contact assisting the Wardens in their attempts to thwart the pirates. House Moore has been involved in Amicyre's management since King Higard first conquered it.
Other Points
  • There are no restrictions for going on this mission.
  • Characters capable of flying and/or experience on ships will be especially useful.

• Useful
Reactions: Mite and kixinorbit
Checking in with Lauchlan and Sadira (and Lotus). I'll be sending Lauchlan to Kalico and Sadira and Lotus to Amicyre.

Kalico's Flavor.

Reactions: Mite
I'm back, and more content for Kalico is in the works. Up next: silly nobles with needlessly long titles in their name~

Wicker's heading to Amicyre. A magic-elf in Kalico might as well put up their own wanted posters.
Anzo'll head for Kalico, but might be set up for NPC-hood in the near future.

Reactions: Dusk
I think Lareira will be sent to Kalico, but not entirely willingly. hehehehe I am glad to get this rolling again.

Here, Ansley must be headed for Kalico. He's not exactly wealthy or influential, but I don't imagine he'd be a good fit for fighting pirates with his maul.

orNG7_s-200x150.gif

Jericho shall be doing "Pirates in the South," because pirates gonna have that booty. And Jericho loves dat booty. Also. Racism. Just a smidge.
Also. I'm sure she's been on a ship, being a treasure hunter and all.

Hm. Looks like my photobucket pooted out. Going to have to refind that Jericho picture and add it back to my CS. Good thing I recently moved to imgur.

• Love
Reactions: kixinorbit and Dusk
My interest is pecked.

Will there be some kind of firm mana system in place that's keeping track of where everyone is at, or will that be played by ear? How much is a "Medium" mana pool, exactly? Aside from deciding between prioritizing mana or spells, I've got a solid concept.

Hello @Jehuti thanks for your interest.

It has always been my intention to keep at least a loose system. It will be a flexible system, though. It is not my intention or desire to make the narrative a slave to statistics. While I have a rough idea of what I was going to use, primarily for references and warnings, it isn't set in stone yet. So I've approximated the best I can below.

In actuality mana pools are not this exact and vary (within several degrees) from individual to individual. While the numbers aren't necessarily accurate, the ratios should be very close.
Assume mana pools are as follows: Very Low (50) < Low (100) < Medium (200) < Large (350) < Very Large (500)
Then spells might be as follows: Spells might then require a very low (1-5), low (6-20), medium (21-50), large (51-100), or very large (100+)* amount of mana to cast. Any sustained spell will continue to drain from the mana pool (at a reduced rate) so long as it is active.

So a very large MP is around 10x greater than a very low MP. While a very low MP is roughly 1/4th that of a medium MP. Chances are you're not going to run out of magic at all early game if you have a large or very large MP. Considering most spells would be a medium level of taxing or below. Realistically, there are spells (which can be learned throughout the game) which very low level mages couldn't cast.

However, higher mana pools are great for any situation where there isn't a chance for a mage to relax. Mana regains over time and the more mana you have, the more quickly it returns to its full state. (10pts of mana will take longer to regain at 20% of your total mana pool than it will at 50%).

Major proficiency reduces the mana required to cast spells in its field and also makes those spells more effective. Spells are useful in offering versatility.

My rough idea is to have spells assigned to one of the five above listed levels of mana requirement and then work off that to inform mages of roughly where they fall in terms of mana currently available. These tiers being:

Safe
Cautious
Dangerous
Dead/Bane

Does that help clarify things for you? Or am I only making it worse?

Thanks! The numbers are helpful, even if it's just a loose system intended to keep power levels reasonable.

It might take me a while to put together a presentable format, but I'll get the ideas down in some form hopefully this weekend.

Thanks! The numbers are helpful, even if it's just a loose system intended to keep power levels reasonable.

It might take me a while to put together a presentable format, but I'll get the ideas down in some form hopefully this weekend.
Sounds excellent! I look forward to seeing your character. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I always encourage questions. Furthermore, if you use Discord at all you should join ATKM's Server.

And like a fish, interest has been caught. Thinking of making an Inguz of the Ursine variety, since who doesn't love a cuddly bear?

And like a fish, interest has been caught. Thinking of making an Inguz of the Ursine variety, since who doesn't love a cuddly bear?
Bears. <3

Also, we're glad to see that you're interested. If you have any questions, just let us know.

Reactions: Lethe
THIS IS ALIVE AGAIN?

Roll out the red carpet, because here I come.

DIPPER IS BACK! //ahhhh
Drop Mihai in the Character Index and pick a mission.

Speaking of picking a mission. The numbers have evened out a bit-- literally one for one right now (even to the Griffins).
Kalico's FavourSouthern Pirates
Lauchlan
Kwirkel
Anzo
Lareira (and Tarrir)
Ansley
Sadira (and Lotus)
Wicker
Jericho
Jehuti's mage
Lethe's inguz

Mihai's flight would be good for the latter, but at this point distribution isn't much of an issue.

• Useful
Reactions: kixinorbit
I'll do a bit of editing and get it up when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.