Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rook

1. Yeah, I'll change the town's location np. As long as it's still a port.

2. lol gd. I'll change the crow size part too. That means like a lot of her history is going to get revamped so it might take some time P:
I'll try to make it quick though if you're looking to start this rp soon lool.

3. I can change her title from Angel to Crusader. Or maybe that would be too heretical? Idk.
Can you give me some more information on the crusaders? Would they be similar to knights?

4. I thought the clipped wings would be useful for whenever she did outcalls. I'm sure some rich ppl wouldn't want to come all the way down to some brothel. I was thinking of house parties and such. Also I really liked the imagery of a clipped wing angel lool

About Mite's suggestion: Idk if they were ever gonna cut her wings off lol - they're her main thing, like the whole appeal of her. They clipped them so she wouldn't fly away on outcalls and such (cos she's not gonna stay inside forever :P). I can go with the dye thing but idk if they would dye them enough for the poison to be regular. Are black wings not attractive? maybe too much handling = feather rot = ruined wings? idk

The main reason why I wanted her wings to be gone was b/c i wanted her to be wishy washy over her Inguz heritage. I wanted some part of her to regret the fact that her wings were gone -irreversibly- which is why i also made her indecisive on magic (like if there was a spell to glamour/turn her into human vs restore her wings, which one she'd take is up in the air). It's not so much that she hates being an Inguz, it's people's reactions to it (though she probably doesn't view it that way atm and is more in a self-hating phase rn).

so yeah i was originally gonna have it so that she'd cut off her own wings in some extreme self hatred kinda thing but idk. i feel like that kinda thing's been overplayed but if i cant think of anything better im just going to go that route - unless anyone has sum good ideas :D

*she was gon escape but have her wings break in the process and be like omg these things SUUUUCKK like they cant even save me and then like cut them off but i was thinking like... how would she survive that bloodloss and stuff ? :oo maybe with the new laws someone sympathetic to the Inguz can help her out?*

*or mayb with that whole feather rot idea i mentioned earlier she could be kicked out the brothel b/c her wings suck now and stuff happens? lol*

also ik I use the word "medicine" a lot but i felt like "drug" was too modern... and herbs sounded weird lmao.
mayb ill call it "ice" for the numbing effect.

3. I can change her title from Angel to Crusader. Or maybe that would be too heretical? Idk.
Can you give me some more information on the crusaders? Would they be similar to knights?
Crusaders are something of a combination between common depictions of "angels" and Valkyries. Those who have been faithful to their Creator in life are elevated to the status of Crusader. Crusaders aren't necessarily militant. They can fight against the Devils by offering support in moral dilemmas along with "physically" fighting them, healing the worthy, and protecting holy places. While most depictions of them are armoured, there are others who are not. The are believed to have wings.

It would be heretical, yeah. But too heretical? This sounds like a seedy brothel-- and there are definitely those who would be into that sort of thing.

so yeah i was originally gonna have it so that she'd cut off her own wings in some extreme self hatred kinda thing but idk. i feel like that kinda thing's been overplayed but if i cant think of anything better im just going to go that route - unless anyone has sum good ideas :D
*she was gon escape but have her wings break in the process and be like omg these things SUUUUCKK like they cant even save me and then like cut them off but i was thinking like... how would she survive that bloodloss and stuff ? :oo maybe with the new laws someone sympathetic to the Inguz can help her out?*
*or mayb with that whole feather rot idea i mentioned earlier she could be kicked out the brothel b/c her wings suck now and stuff happens? lol*
I do like that last one. You could combine that with her self-loathing and have her cut them off?

also ik I use the word "medicine" a lot but i felt like "drug" was too modern... and herbs sounded weird lmao.
Medicine is fine. I agree with you on the term drug sounding too modern.

I'm hoping to have all the sheets done before this weekend is out-- however, since a good portion of the responses you needed from me were slow to arrive, you can take a bit more time if required. The IC will be up next weekend at latest.

UPDATE!
Alright, so Ludivine and Jone were accepted without the official notice I normally post. We have one more character pending acceptance. Otherwise, the IC is going well. It will be going up Saturday. I'll be double checking the sheets in the meantime and let anyone know if something is amiss before then. Otherwise, I created a character status sheet to keep handy track of who is where and who is doing what. You can view it here: Click Me!

Reactions: kixinorbit
Reactions: Mite and Dipper
I'll start writing and see what I come up with. Exciting.

I'm actually lost. Could anyone give me a quick rundown of what's going on and where everyone should be? I plan on reading the rest of the posts, but that might take awhile.

I'm actually lost. Could anyone give me a quick rundown of what's going on and where everyone should be? I plan on reading the rest of the posts, but that might take awhile.
Certainly! I don't know which post(s) you read, but the only one you need to read is my last post. The party is in two groups the Kalico (K) and Pirates (P) group. Mihai, along with quite a few others, is in the latter group. They left Morcrest not long after the feast (see my prior GM posts if you want to read more on that) and have been in route to Amicyre-- the largest island on the map, excluding the Orclands-- for about two months. Just now, a scout returned and reported that pirate ships had been spotted and are moving to attack. The Commander (Risna) and Captain (Merrick) are rousing the Wardens to prepare for the oncoming conflict.

Does that help at all?

• Thank You
Reactions: Dipper
Certainly! I don't know which post(s) you read, but the only one you need to read is my last post. The party is in two groups the Kalico (K) and Pirates (P) group. Mihai, along with quite a few others, is in the latter group. They left Morcrest not long after the feast (see my prior GM posts if you want to read more on that) and have been in route to Amicyre-- the largest island on the map, excluding the Orclands-- for about two months. Just now, a scout returned and reported that pirate ships had been spotted and are moving to attack. The Commander (Risna) and Captain (Merrick) are rousing the Wardens to prepare for the oncoming conflict.

Does that help at all?
Helps immensely, many thanks.

It's been a week since the last post-- I know a few of you are working on posts, but I haven't heard anything from a good number of folks as well. Where are you all at?

• Useful
Honestly? I'm waist deep in depression and anxiety rn and it's only getting deeper. If I attempted a post, it would be 2 servings of steamy dogshit. XD I'll see what I can manage soon though.

Honestly? I'm waist deep in depression and anxiety rn and it's only getting deeper. If I attempted a post, it would be 2 servings of steamy dogshit. XD I'll see what I can manage soon though.
Hey, thanks for letting us know! I hope you get feeling better soon. c:

Hey, everyone! Lots of updated information in the near future, so stay tuned! Otherwise, the new post is up! Isn't that great? You should probably go read it before reading the rest of this message.

For those of you in Kalico, you get a touch of downtime. You can use it to tend to your wounds, make friends, or devour the flesh of your enemies-- it's all up to you!

For those of you in the south, lots of things are happening right now, and the best way for those things to happen is in the form of collabs.
@Dipper @DinoFeather and I should start up a collab for Mihai, Sadira, and Pirates (Mite should hop on for explosions !)
&
@Lethe @Mite @DinoFeather and I for Karhu, Wicker, Lauchlan, and Kenna (Lauch can be around as much or as little as you'd like)

CharacterUpdate: I haven't heard from Myth since Rayn was accepted, so he has been dropped.

UPDATE TIME!
Don't you just love what the OOC Thread has become?

General Updates:
First thing first is that things have gotten a bit quiet around here, I've been a little too busy to kick them back into full swing as I should have myself, but with Thanksgiving over, I am once again able to devote my existence to ATKM, as any good GM should. The next GM post will be up sometime in early or middle December (the latter is more likely). I'll be using the rest of November to finish all current collaborations.

Character Updates:
Secondly, there have been quite a few changes in the roaster recently, so here is a nice little overview.
Kwirkel Turdic (Cerulean) and Jericho Swain (Tyrannosaurus Rekt) have resigned from the roleplay.
Lareira Decseras (E.T.) and Hlynn (Niiwa) have been dropped due to inactivity and failure to communicate.
Shereen (Gladis) is on extended hiatus until Gladis is once again able to participate.
Remember if you don't know how to post or get started, you can ask for help.

Having five fewer characters is quite a drop, so I'll be changing to open signups. Now would be the time to drop them a note if you have any friends or acquaintances you think would like ATKM. Especially if they play dwarves. Our dwarves left us.​

• Useful
I've been wondering if our collab is going to work, considering I keep forgetting and I don't think much progress has been made. You think we should just do posts on our own?

I've been wondering if our collab is going to work, considering I keep forgetting and I don't think much progress has been made. You think we should just do posts on our own?
Go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.