moi

Actual footage of me typing this post

Hahah... yiss.

Be careful not to go too quickly now!

edit:

Now that kinda makes me want to throw together a redwall/zootopia/kung fu panda/armello-like rp >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its embarrassingly short (don't even think about saying it) but for your consideration, I present what is saved in my G drive as AW 2 v 11

Posted! Was it worth the wait for my post, I hear you ask? No, it wasn't!

Also. I'd like to claim This Font Color for Mercer because his present rusty speech is a tad hard to make out.
Yeah! As long as both of them together aren't stronger than say, a single beginner-ish level magic user (due to my 3-4 player cap). I realize Mercer is kind of a 'hack', or seems like a type that has more theory or knowledge 'about' alchemy than actual ability. I'm fine with it, I think.

Again, as long as things are kept quite muted- as for your characters: i'd like to keep things within the realm of both late classic period/early medieval period tech, and low fantasy. In my mind: All magic comes with a hard(usually tangible) cost, and alchemy- I imagine- is more along the lines of the beginnings of chemistry. I'm curious as to what you had in mind for its use with your characters :)? If you have a differing idea, let me know.

I'm happy to acquiesce to ideas, or meet in the middle if need be :D
Urgh. Working on it as I've currently no idea. What you've said here pretty much covers the basics of Mercer, though. Maximum effort + minimal skill + chemical stimulants = parlor tricks + tired. Suppose I've implied that alchemy or magic, in Mercer's usage of it at any rate, is merely the subtle manipulation of something present. In this case he used friction, chemical powder, and a hand incapable of feeling pain to create and sustain a flame for the short end of a minute.

No clue on what someone with actual talent would be capable of. Burning down the Blue Goose sounds likely.

P.S. My post is twice the size of Applo's.
(งಠ_ಠ)ง σ( •̀ ω •́ σ) Fite meh.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Applo
Oh. And for the story Mr. Mercer was telling everyone, use your...

(ノ°∀°)ノ⌒・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆ Imagination! If you really want to know, I guess I could come up with it.

Ah geezums I'm sorry for being away for so long haha. I've been busy irl and have neglected you lovelies.

The longer others go without posting, the longer and more convoluted Mercer's storytime becomes. The tavern's cycled through several days now and he's still talking.

Save yourselves and end this madness! Hijack the convo - for great justice!!

Posted! Was it worth the wait for my post, I hear you ask? No, it wasn't!

Also. I'd like to claim This Font Color for Mercer because his present rusty speech is a tad hard to make out.

Urgh. Working on it as I've currently no idea. What you've said here pretty much covers the basics of Mercer, though. Maximum effort + minimal skill + chemical stimulants = parlor tricks + tired. Suppose I've implied that alchemy or magic, in Mercer's usage of it at any rate, is merely the subtle manipulation of something present. In this case he used friction, chemical powder, and a hand incapable of feeling pain to create and sustain a flame for the short end of a minute.

No clue on what someone with actual talent would be capable of. Burning down the Blue Goose sounds likely.

P.S. My post is twice the size of Applo's.
(งಠ_ಠ)ง σ( •̀ ω •́ σ) Fite meh.
Hahah. All's well. As long as it has some scientific base- being alchemy, i'll most likely agree with it's use. The flame was slow burning the powder, etc... Sounds fine to me :). ALSO! Is that a Bristol-y accent in his speech? Devon? Or am i waaay off?

Ah geezums I'm sorry for being away for so long haha. I've been busy irl and have neglected you lovelies.
HA. well. Get to it when ya can. I'm biased to say sooner rather than later, but do whatchya gotta do!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
ALSO! Is that a Bristol-y accent in his speech? Devon? Or am i waaay off?
You're... close enough? I personally picture light Irish with bits of a London accent but whatever. The man's an oddity and I'm just slinging out words and shite.
As long as his accent isn't annoying anyone.... though if it is, I may just be encouraged to ramp it up. Muwahaha!!

My Google drive is testerment to knowing that pain

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I now think Kolskegg is less of a barbarian and more of an Ice Catholic with how he responds to Mercers use of 'Magic'

@「An Otaku」

"Well, aren'tcha ta zealous type. No need ta get hasty now, just a bit o-fun, y'see!"
(/ ̄ー ̄)/~~☆'.・.・:★'.・.・:☆
. . .
"I said get back ya brute!!"
(ಠ o ಠ)¤=[]:::::>

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
What an absolutely adorable older gentleman the Royal Alchemist was...
╰(▔∀▔)╯
For a minute there, I thought Mercer was going to die before leaving the tavern...

I'll try and have a post uploaded today. Er, well. After Spectre, that is. Sounds like an update's being planned. Unless there isn't.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Bears
Alright- so here's where i'm going to begin changing things a bit. Since you guys are basically free to do as you wish from here- after signing- I am free to reply to each of your posts if it requires it. Don't forget the basic layout for Westmarch is on my first post.
If you have questions please feel free to ask, but I'll also be interjecting between posts to try and lay out the characters' basic 'perception' of things, and respond as more 'important' NPC's are interacted with.

Make sense? Sorry, this is my first time setting up a more sandboxy rp xD

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
Posted; and understood, Spectre.

P.S. If someone reaallly wants the contract copy, they are more than welcome to tackle Mercer and sit on him til he gives it up.

Dunno if people were waiting for a follow-up post from moi.

I was planning to let others go since I figured someone might not like Mercer strutting off like he did.