I've ended up on a last minute weekend out so it's gonna be Monday before I get any traction in this, sorries

I mean, personally, it would be cool if like others felt like going before me. Still fairly rusty, y'see .... But if that's undue pressure on others, I can be one of the first couple posters, too.

Ayy I posted.

Also since I'm horrid at translating accent through dialogue, I'm just gonna say that Ophelia's accent is more or less French. Lol.

Reactions: Applo
Never again. Never again will I ask to go last....

Posted, by-the-by. Mercer took some liberties and I couldn't stop him... Unless of course he needs to be stopped and corrected, in which case I shall do so immeditately! (* ̄▽ ̄)旦 且(´∀`*)

Also. All hail Britannia!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Thanks for posting so quickly! I'll get another GM post up shortly :)

Never again. Never again will I ask to go last....

Posted, by-the-by. Mercer took some liberties and I couldn't stop him... Unless of course he needs to be stopped and corrected, in which case I shall do so immeditately! (* ̄▽ ̄)旦 且(´∀`*)

Also. All hail Britannia!
Yeah this is fine for the intro post, i won't bite this time, so all is well :). However moving forward i prefer all NPC's to be in my court. There are certain flavor things i like to keep standard, like the early feeling time period (most places are stuck around 1000ad or before, save a couple kingdoms on the mainland), and that. Also: because there 'is' a hierarchy within the Guild. However, in this instance, if you'd like your character to have had some ties to the current Duke that's fine- and having that letter is also great. However, any 'actual' leadership positions or increased pay will only be imaginary. :)

All of this stuff, though, none of your characters likely know of. Which i purposely left out of telling you folks. So things you don't know, but want to, please- feel free to ask your local guildmates :P.

The thing is, that the guild is actually quite shady. Not really telling people much more than 'Trek to Westmarch, we'll pay you for adventures!'. They aren't run by the Duke. But the Duke could have just had that writ scribed and mailed to your character just to get bodies to his new city.

No one knows the guild leader except the guild captains. Ser Adler [the chap who you all met with] is one of the guild captains. Beneath the captains are the mentors. beneath the mentors are all of you.

I've ended up on a last minute weekend out so it's gonna be Monday before I get any traction in this, sorries
No problem i understand. I myself don't normally post on weekends at all. I didn't see your message so i'll hold off on posting until you can drop yours in there!

Last edited by a moderator:
(most places are stuck around 1000ad or before, save a couple kingdoms on the mainland), and that. Also: because there 'is' a hierarchy within the Guild. However, in this instance, if you'd like your character to have had some ties to the current Duke that's fine- and having that letter is also great. However, any 'actual' leadership positions or increased pay will only be imaginary. :)

. . .
The thing is, that the guild is actually quite shady. Not really telling people much more than 'Trek to Westmarch, we'll pay you for adventures!'. They aren't run by the Duke. But the Duke could have just had that writ scribed and mailed to your character just to get bodies to his new city.

No one knows the guild leader except the guild captains. Ser Adler [the chap who you all met with] is one of the guild captains. Beneath the captains are the mentors. beneath the mentors are all of you.

Oops. So I suppose if any sort of meeting between Mercer, the Duke, and Guild did occur (and it wasn't purely through mail) then... hm, I guess Mercer could've just barged into the Aquila's place with Thea running after the fool and the duke was chill enough to be like, ".... Yeah, sure. Whatever."

But I'll be sure to make future written interactions with NPCs secluded to Mercer's side from now on.

Oops. So I suppose if any sort of meeting between Mercer, the Duke, and Guild did occur (and it wasn't purely through mail) then... hm, I guess Mercer could've just barged into the Aquila's place with Thea running after the fool and the duke was chill enough to be like, ".... Yeah, sure. Whatever."

But I'll be sure to make future written interactions with NPCs secluded to Mercer's side from now on.
Yeah you're fine. Like i said i'm pretty open for the most part. I'll likely be taking a more 'Everything the players state is true' path in the future with the RP once you guys get my style and vice versa. But for now i'm going to keep it tight. :D

Eh voila, thanks for the patience, as it turns out Tristan is a bit of a git

Reactions: Rowdybull
Tristan and Mercer can be gits together then ヾ(・ω・)メ(・ω・)ノ

• Love
Reactions: Applo
Alright! Posted up. An Otaku- i love your signature, btw.

"A hoonter moost hoont."

Those adventurers of the guild who were from noble families likely had 6 crowns worth on them after port. Which is quite a bit for equipment, beds, and living for a while. Those who were standard middle class had more like 2-3 crowns, and those who had nothing probably had a few handfulls of coppers to pay for day-to day things to get them going.

So this translate to how much cash each of us has, right? @Spectre

So this translate to how much cash each of us has, right? @Spectre

That's a guideline, yes. Give or take, if you'd like, you likely won't need any cash until later down the line. But something to keep your mind on if you really feel like you need to buy ya somethin' :P.

Thinking and composing about a post though I'm also trying to catch up on life so it may be on the wee side

• Thank You
Reactions: Spectre
lol sure. Like i said in the beginning though. I'm not interested in large walls of posts. So don't concern yourself with getting out a novel. :)

Urgh. I'm sorry.

I've been trying/struggling to deliver for the March Contest while also sorting out some IRL... stuff. I'll see about making, at the very least, a smaller post just so I can have something.

No need to rush. Just check in in with everyone.

I'm not planning on doing this, but just as a hypothetical...

Would it be considered too OP in the beginning if I had both Mercer (weak magician) and Alois (medium magician) together for adventuring right off the bat? I'd planned on the quirky runt hanging back for the most part, but I mean, if he can come too...

Yeah! As long as both of them together aren't stronger than say, a single beginner-ish level magic user (due to my 3-4 player cap). I realize Mercer is kind of a 'hack', or seems like a type that has more theory or knowledge 'about' alchemy than actual ability. I'm fine with it, I think.

Again, as long as things are kept quite muted- as for your characters: i'd like to keep things within the realm of both late classic period/early medieval period tech, and low fantasy. In my mind: All magic comes with a hard(usually tangible) cost, and alchemy- I imagine- is more along the lines of the beginnings of chemistry. I'm curious as to what you had in mind for its use with your characters :)? If you have a differing idea, let me know.

I'm happy to acquiesce to ideas, or meet in the middle if need be :D