• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost Note

Man on the Moon II.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually when I'm not working, later on in the day.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Scifi, Modern, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Superpowers/Superheroes, slice of life with a twist.
4lbq9sM.png

kFiwUG6.png

|| Overview ||

Recruitment Status: Open (Like your mom's legs)

Players:

Currently looking for: N/A

Hey there, welcome to Academy 218. An RP that I made on the RPG not too long ago that was basically a Superhero school. This RP is apart of the Black Fall universe, therefore follows it's rules and it's setting. Basically, certain human beings have been blessed with an energy that gives them God-like powers. This RP in particular is about a cast of young Superhumans as they're sent to the illustrious Academy 218, and their adventures in the academy. Their trials, triumphs, and failures. I hope to create an interesting character driven RP with whoever is interested. But to do that, I wish to forge an interesting cast, with you. Yes, you. This RP will be character development and interaction heavy, so I ask that you create interesting, and well-developed, characters that I can hopefully make an interesting story with. I too will be making plenty of these characters.

• [1.01] The usual rules. No godmodding, metagaming, powerplaying, autohitting, etc.

[1.02] Swearing, alcohol, drugs, and sex are fully permitted in the RP long as you do not do it excessively.

[1.03] There will character deaths in this RP. By submitting a sheet, you acknowledge that your character will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. If your character does something dangerous, then they may get injured or die. Don't Godmod your way out of it. I won't purposely go out and kill characters (That I like), but I may purposely injure them for the sake of the story.

[1.04] You are required to post once a week or you will placed as inactive. But, please say if you're leaving the RP, especially if you're in the middle of any interactions/important subplots. Any inactive characters will be forgotten about, or killed off if they were significant enough to the story. However, everyone is free to do as they please with any inactive characters.

[1.05] I don't care too much about post length. I rather have a short meaningful post over one full of filler. That said, all I want is one paragraph. Just one. Be prepared for some long posts every now and then. However, I expect average writing at least. I also recommend that, once we get into the mix of things, you do plenty of collaboration posts.

• [2.01] Respect everyone else at all times, please. Solve conflict with civility. Last thing I want is for things to become toxic. The golden rule is: Don't be a dick.

[2.02] Me and my GMs have the final say. We aren't tyrants, but if things get out of hand, we'll have to settle things ourselves.

[2.03] I'd rather that we talk on the OOC as much as possible - even if it's irrelevant chatter. I makes the RP seem more lively, and keeps everyone attached to it. If you must, my information is in my sig.

[2.04] I tend to very critical when judging sheets - please don't take it as a personal attack.

[2.05] Feel free to ask about anything, anything. I'll happily answer them.

• [3.01] This is an advanced RP, I expect a moderate amount of detail when writing your sheet. Try not to make your characters too one dimensional. Just look at my sheets for example.

[3.02] You have a great deal of freedom when creating a character. You can make someone of any gender, sexuality, background, etc. Long as it's written respectfully. I will not accept characters with mental illnesses unless they are written correctly.

[3.03] I'm gonna say it now; I'm not a fan of sociopaths/psychopaths, dark and tragic backstories (Without proper mental repercussions), one-note "badasses", perfect characters, and any of the sort. So keep that in mind when planning your character.

[3.04] "Magic" does not exist in the setting. This RP will be mainly scifi with slight paranormal themes here and there.

[3.05] The following powers are banned; "instant death" powers, mind/character control, time powers, anything with "omni-" attached to it, reality warping, gravity manipulation, life-force absorption, complete indestructibility/absolute defense, and probability manipulation. I also will not accept characters that have powers that can only be used in a fight. If you want to know why these powers are banned, I'll tell you.

[3.06] I encourage a written description for the character's appearance section. If you must, you can provide a picture. It must be a real photo, or a realistically drawn one.

[3.08] Please don't post a "wip" sheet. Post the complete version or don't post it at all.

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
I thought that you were listing songs for characters.

It's been a very long day for me XD I'll figure out a class for him

Last edited by a moderator:
But, I was really asking for your thoughts on how we can start this.

Oh shoot...We were supposed to have a song? NOBODY LOOK AT MY SHEETS!! >.

And I think we should go with Option 2, because although I do love the idea of a placement test, I've noticed that rps that start from blank tend to die pretty soon after... >:

@Mundane Monster: Songs aren't required. lol

But, that's one vote for option two.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Is this still accepting? The tag says open signups, however it seems like you're mostly done.

Is this still accepting? The tag says open signups, however it seems like you're mostly done.

Yes.

I'm trying to get some input, but it seems my cast gotten cold feet. lol

Awesome stuff. I'll get to making a character sheet, how long do I have to do it?

What input you need?
The input is how they rp should begin. Two options are given on the previous page.

I never got any notifications for this thread? Either way, I think both options have their merits. I'm personally inclined towards option one for the formation of the teams, but maybe that happens a few months into the year?

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
[Tabs][/Tabs]

• Name: Hadrian Brandon

• Nickname/Alias/Etc:
    Ajax

Height:
    6'4"

Weight:
    185lb

• 041644081cae3a6300678ecee4a56b02.png

Hair Color:
    Brown

Eye Color:
    Brown and green (heterochromatic)

Ethnicity:
    Caucasian

Physical Appearance:
    Very well-defined musculature with little body fat. Lean figure.

Attire:
    Usually dresses in a fairly casual manner - t-shirt and jeans, maybe a hoodie, that sort of clothing is what he feels most comfortable in.

• Courageous/Reckless: Hadrian has your classic hero mentality of wanting to throw himself headfirst into anything, without thinking about consequences, just wanting to do anything he can to help. This can lead to him getting into situations which he'd struggle to get out of, and sometimes doing the wrong thing with good intentions. This can come into play outside of battle too - he'll often leap to conclusions and make assumptions.
    Righteous/Defiant: Hadrian always wants to do the right thing, and can't stand when someone's unkind or act unjustly, and will almost always try to set it right. This can be standing up for someone being to bullied, ranging to being quite blunt to superiors he reckons are doing the wrong thing.
    Determined/Stubborn: There is very little that will force Hadrian to stop fighting, save for victory, death, or threatening someone's life. He won't ever try to kill, and if he does he'll normally hate it, absolutely, but if pushed to his limit, he can go too far. Outside of battle, he'll often be very hard to sway to another's way of thinking, and doggedly refuse when someone tries to make him do something he disagrees with.
    Joker/Annoying: When he's not in a particularly serious mood, Hadrian likes to joke around, cracking wise, trying to lighten the mood when people are down. Some see this as being irritating and trying to get under people's skin, but he's just trying to make people laugh, even if someone has to be the butt of a harmless joke. He loves when people laugh along, especially if they're the one the joke's about, as he appreciates a good sense of humour.

Skills/Talents:
    • Running
    • Swimming
    • Hand-to-hand combat
    • Plenty of sports

History/Bio:
    Hadrian was once homeless, his only family being his younger brother. One day, right in front of Hadrian's eyes, he was kidnapped. Try as he may, Hadrian couldn't stop them, and he was left beaten, bloody and bruised, bleeding out in an alley, alone and in pain. He didn't have the will to get up, to even glance at the kidnapper's van, he just lay there and let death come.
    This was when his power kicked in, shoring up his wounds and stopping him from feeling the injuries, bone marrow kicking into overdrive to replace the lost blood. Later that night, Hadrian stood up, and for days he searched for his brother, to no avail. He saw later in the news that a body had been found. Realising that it was his brother, it finally hit him. His brother had died because he'd given up.
    Never again.
    Hadrian joined Academy 218, in the hope that he can make up for his brother's death, let it not be in vain.

• Dynamics:

| N/A |

| N/A | N/A | N/A |
    N/A

• Power:
    Whenever Hadrian is injured, his physiology changes to compensate for the damage. For example, if he broke a bone, bits of his muscle would calcify around it to reinforce it. If he was to lose his eyes, his skin would become photosensitive to give him crude vision. When he is bleeding, a clot is formed nearly immediately and the skin shuts itself off if it can. A slit throat would be as life-threatening as a scratch to him.
    This also results in him having a boosted immune system and super strength, as his muscles are better utilised than those of a normal human and other parts of his body can contribute. The power also modifies systems within his body such as adrenaline and metabolism to boost his strength, speed and vitality. The strength is only about that of perhaps an Olympic weightlifter, but around his whole body, and he's not nearly as stocky or heavy.
    Most people can't just go full-out; punching someone straight in the chin might break a knuckle. Hadrian needn't worry about this, as even if he does, he won't feel much pain from it and it will have little if any effect on him.
    Because of how optimised his body is, Hadrian can heal far faster than most humans. A missing limb might take a year or so to grow back, but a broken leg will only take a week, and cuts and bruises almost always heal overnight.
    When hurt, Hadrian's body naturally dulls the pain, and while he is aware of injuries, they don't tend to bother him much at all.

Limits:
    Whatever Hadrian's body does to compensate for an injury will never be as good as before. He might be able to breathe underwater, but it will be hard work and quite uncomfortable for him. If his skin becomes photosensitive to replace his eyes, his vision will be greatly blurred.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
    Brain injuries are not something that are easy for Hadrian to compensate for - a concussion might not be quite as bad as it is for most humans, but it will still affect him in a serious way. His pain nullification works much more poorly on his brain as well.

If he keeps fighting, Hadrian might start to ignore or even forget his own injuries, continuing on regardless and not stopping the fight. This can lead to Hadrian becoming weaker, and once out of the fight, his recovery period will be far longer.

Last edited:
I have no idea why, but the bbcode does not want to work with me here. Oh well, it works well enough.

Personally I agree with logic - maybe a sort of speech to introduce them to the academy, then a little test of their abilities. RWBY style!

Is this thing still going?

If I can get a CC sheet up within 24 hours is it cool of I join up as well?

If I can get a CC sheet up within 24 hours is it cool of I join up as well?
I think this died, the GM appears to be AWOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.