Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually when I'm not working, later on in the day.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Scifi, Modern, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Superpowers/Superheroes, slice of life with a twist.
4lbq9sM.png

kFiwUG6.png

|| Overview ||

Recruitment Status: Open (Like your mom's legs)

Players:

Currently looking for: N/A

Hey there, welcome to Academy 218. An RP that I made on the RPG not too long ago that was basically a Superhero school. This RP is apart of the Black Fall universe, therefore follows it's rules and it's setting. Basically, certain human beings have been blessed with an energy that gives them God-like powers. This RP in particular is about a cast of young Superhumans as they're sent to the illustrious Academy 218, and their adventures in the academy. Their trials, triumphs, and failures. I hope to create an interesting character driven RP with whoever is interested. But to do that, I wish to forge an interesting cast, with you. Yes, you. This RP will be character development and interaction heavy, so I ask that you create interesting, and well-developed, characters that I can hopefully make an interesting story with. I too will be making plenty of these characters.

• [1.01] The usual rules. No godmodding, metagaming, powerplaying, autohitting, etc.

[1.02] Swearing, alcohol, drugs, and sex are fully permitted in the RP long as you do not do it excessively.

[1.03] There will character deaths in this RP. By submitting a sheet, you acknowledge that your character will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. If your character does something dangerous, then they may get injured or die. Don't Godmod your way out of it. I won't purposely go out and kill characters (That I like), but I may purposely injure them for the sake of the story.

[1.04] You are required to post once a week or you will placed as inactive. But, please say if you're leaving the RP, especially if you're in the middle of any interactions/important subplots. Any inactive characters will be forgotten about, or killed off if they were significant enough to the story. However, everyone is free to do as they please with any inactive characters.

[1.05] I don't care too much about post length. I rather have a short meaningful post over one full of filler. That said, all I want is one paragraph. Just one. Be prepared for some long posts every now and then. However, I expect average writing at least. I also recommend that, once we get into the mix of things, you do plenty of collaboration posts.

• [2.01] Respect everyone else at all times, please. Solve conflict with civility. Last thing I want is for things to become toxic. The golden rule is: Don't be a dick.

[2.02] Me and my GMs have the final say. We aren't tyrants, but if things get out of hand, we'll have to settle things ourselves.

[2.03] I'd rather that we talk on the OOC as much as possible - even if it's irrelevant chatter. I makes the RP seem more lively, and keeps everyone attached to it. If you must, my information is in my sig.

[2.04] I tend to very critical when judging sheets - please don't take it as a personal attack.

[2.05] Feel free to ask about anything, anything. I'll happily answer them.

• [3.01] This is an advanced RP, I expect a moderate amount of detail when writing your sheet. Try not to make your characters too one dimensional. Just look at my sheets for example.

[3.02] You have a great deal of freedom when creating a character. You can make someone of any gender, sexuality, background, etc. Long as it's written respectfully. I will not accept characters with mental illnesses unless they are written correctly.

[3.03] I'm gonna say it now; I'm not a fan of sociopaths/psychopaths, dark and tragic backstories (Without proper mental repercussions), one-note "badasses", perfect characters, and any of the sort. So keep that in mind when planning your character.

[3.04] "Magic" does not exist in the setting. This RP will be mainly scifi with slight paranormal themes here and there.

[3.05] The following powers are banned; "instant death" powers, mind/character control, time powers, anything with "omni-" attached to it, reality warping, gravity manipulation, life-force absorption, complete indestructibility/absolute defense, and probability manipulation. I also will not accept characters that have powers that can only be used in a fight. If you want to know why these powers are banned, I'll tell you.

[3.06] I encourage a written description for the character's appearance section. If you must, you can provide a picture. It must be a real photo, or a realistically drawn one.

[3.08] Please don't post a "wip" sheet. Post the complete version or don't post it at all.

Reactions: Angelic Fusion

|| Character Sheet ||

Code:
[Tabs]
[Tab=Student File - (Character Name Here)]
[SIZE=7]Character Name Here/Image Banner[/SIZE]

[Tabs]
[tab=Basic Information]
[b]Name:[/b]
[INDENT=1][/INDENT]

[b]Nickname/Alias/Etc:[/b]
[INDENT=1][/INDENT]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[INDENT=1][/INDENT]

[b]Age:[/b]
[INDENT=1]8-22, for students.[/INDENT]

[b]Height:[/b]
[INDENT=1]In inches/feet[/INDENT]

[b]Weight:[/b]
[INDENT=1]In pounds[/INDENT]

[/tab]

[Tab=Appearance]

[CENTER][IMG]http://Optional. Real images only - but, let's refrain from A/B-List Celebrities/Supermodels.[/IMG][/CENTER]

[B]Hair Color:[/b]
[indent=1][/indent]

[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[indent=1][/indent]

[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[indent=1][/indent]

[b]Physical Appearance:
[indent=1][/indent]

[b]Attire:[/B]
[indent=1]Optional.[/indent]
[/tab]

[Tab=Psychological Profile]

[B]Innate & Outward Personality:[/b]
[indent=1][/indent]

[b]Skills/Talents:[/b]
[indent=1]Be realistic. I won't accept a genius hacker that's a Judo master and knows parkour.[/indent]

[b]History/Bio:[/B]
[indent=1]You can skim over events you'd rather reveal in the IC.[/indent]
[/tab]

[tab=Relationships]
[b]Family:[/b]
[INDENT=1][/INDENT]

[b]Dynamics:[/b] (Relations with other characters - You don't have to put relation with family here.)
[indent=1][h3]| [b]Name Here[/b] |[/h3] | [b]{Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral}[/b] | [b]{Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)}[/b] | [i]"Quote Here."[/i] |
[indent=2] [Description of Relationship] [/indent]

[/tab]

[Tab=Power Information]

[B]Power Classification:[/B]
[indent=1](Cerebral (Extra-Sensory, Domination), Super-System (Bestial, Biological), Elemental (Energy, Mimicry), Power (Replication, Charger/Dampener), or Other.[/indent]

[B]Power:[/b]
[indent=1]Thoroughly describe your character's power[/indent]

[b]Limits:[/B]
[indent=1]The different between limits and weaknesses is that limits is a restriction. Something like range that your character can overcome.[/indent]

[B]Weaknesses/Drawbacks:[/B]
[indent=1]List anything an opponent can take advantage of, or any negative side effects.[/indent]
[/tab]

[Tab=Other]
[LIST]
[*]Anything else you'd like to note?
[/LIST]
[/tab]
[/tabs]
[/tab][/Tabs]

Last edited:

• Mutants, Freaks, Overhumans, Gods themselves... Commonly called Meta-humans are normal humans that were afflicted with a strange condition that has given them powers that defied the laws of nature and physics. Men with super strength, women who can teleport, children who can control nature itself. These powers are extremely varied. These abilities stem from a strange energy that resides deep within them. A green flowing energy that is known as the Meta-human energy. A invisible energy that is extremely hard to detect through normal means. This energy inhabits a Meta-human's entire body, from their skin, to their bones, to their blood. The energy isn't detrimental to them, or the environment, not even in the slightest, it can even be called beneficial. What is interesting is that scientists have observed that energy is the same, everyone has a slightly different form of the energy. Which is believed to be related to how no Meta-human has the same exact power. When a Meta-human uses their power on the outside world, a small amount of the meta-human energy gets projected and focused in that area. Such as a Water-Elemental controlling a cup of water will get some of the energy projected into it, until they cease control and the energy will return to their body. There will be a residual amount of the energy on it, however. It's so faint that it's extremely hard to even detect, only extremely specialized and complex technology can detect faint amounts of the energy. Another interesting effect the energy has is how it grows within a human being. Starting out with a small amount of the energy, until it grows as they develop and learn new things about their powers. Stronger Meta-humans tend to have more energy within them. However, there's a particular connection between high-stress situations and the advancement of powers. Under high-stress situations, powers rapidly develop.

There is no set age when powers develop. Some Meta-humans are born with their powers, while others won't develop until late into their lives. Powers received are sporadic at best. There is no way to predict what power a Meta-human will have, nor who will develop powers. Not even the strongest information-type can determine that. That said, any power a Meta-human receives is almost random. Completely unrelated to race, culture, education, or physical activity. It is also theorized that every human being has the potential to become a meta-human. However, there are such a thing as hereditary powers. Powers passed from parents to the children, or simply run in the family. These are relatively uncommon, but this is the reason why there are entire families of Meta-humans. However, while inherent powers do exist, anyone will get a different version of a passed down power. In what ways vary. Sometimes it's a slight difference, then other times there's a difference in function, or they will have an ability that nobody else have. Like it's been stated before, Inherent powers are uncommon, but there is a chance family members will get a power. Which will be explained below.

Meta-humans have a very particular effect attached to them: The Black Fall Effect. This has two main effects on the meta-human population. Firstly, all Meta-humans are subconsciously attracted to each other. So subtly that it's next to impossible to even notice. It causes the shyest people to head out and interact, or draws people to one particularly location. The more Meta-humans that are around, it will cause a "flocking" effect. The other primary effect is that those who spend plenty of time around other Meta-humans have a higher chance to develop powers themselves. It can't be a minimum amount of contact, it has to be years around Meta-humans for someone to develop powers. Which is why family members and close friends are likely to get powers.

Meta-humans are only capable of using one third of their potential strength, very similar to muscles. These natural limits are theorized to be in place so that they don't burn out. However, similar to flight-or-flight, high-stress situations allow Meta-humans to push themselves beyond their blocks, and develop them in the process. However, while powers are truly incredible, they come at a price. Powers have a toll on the body and mind. Excessive and unrestrained use would cause what could be described as physical overexertion. They'll get tired and weak from use, along with some bodily damage. Pushing powers beyond their limits in high stress situations cause even worse problems, and at it's most extreme, it may cause an effect known as "Ashing". This is basically an extremely deadly aliment where a Meta-human self destructs. Their powers shut off, and all their cells will die at an alarmingly fast rate. Their cells will drop off their body like specs of ash, and this process will continue until there is absolutely nothing left of a Meta-human. This state is extremely deadly, and there's a mere 4% chance of survival - Even if a ashing victim does survive, there are some permanent physical damage (Amputation, Brain damage, loss of powers, etc, etc - Are a few). Ashing is what Meta-humans truly fear, as any meta-human can ash if they are not careful.

Metahumans of north America are handled by DOVE, who takes the reign and has a more socially aware way of dealing with Metahumans compared to some nations. Metahumans, young and old, are educated and made sure they are mentally well and adjusted. Assisting them in getting jobs, and are properly integrated into society. So far, DOVE's plans are certainly working effectively. Metahumans are uploaded to the DOVE database with their information, whereabouts, superpowers, etc. Their DNA are uploaded into the system, and each member of RAVEN/DOVE have a DNA scanner in which they can quickly access the database and access their information. However, criminal Metahumans are implanted with chips that can track their whereabouts if necessary.

To avoid scrutiny from the UN, and to avoid breaking several Geneva conventions, Metahumans are not allowed to join any official army, nor are they allowed to participate in any wars.

• There are four common types of Superpower, barring powers that don't fall into them.

• | The Mind |
      Easily the most straight forward out of all the power types; Cerebral powers have something to do with the mind. Any power that has something to do with the mind. Out of the three primary power types, Cerebral powers are the least diverse. Usually falling under powers that let people gather information, alter minds, or exert their wills on the outside world. Telepathy and Telekinesis are the primary Cerebral ability - with a great deal of the Cerebral types have differing versions of those two powers. There are a variety of other Cerebral abilities (Astral projection, Memory Manipulation, etc). Subclasses:

• | Extra-Sensory |
        The Extra-sensory class entails powers that allow people to gather (and sometimes share) information on a extra-mental level. A sixth sense you could say. Powers under this sub-class strictly deal with gathering information. Telepathy is stated to be under this class, yet the powers that are mainly under this class are Extra-sensory powers such as ESP, Precognition, Retrocognition, etc.

• | Domination |
        Domination class powers are abilities that are mental in nature that allow people to manipulate the minds of those around them. This class can work in many ways; from control of animals, to affecting emotions, or outright mind control. Unlike what the name implies, not all powers have to do with mind control. They can be the subtle powers that are suggestive in nature. Domination Powers include: Mind/Emotion Control, Animal Manipulation, etc.

• | The Body |
      Super-System type Meta-humans have abilities related to the body of themselves and/or others. Super-System powers are easily the most diverse out of all the Power Classes. Any power that changes (or enhances) the body in any way can be classified as a Super-System power. Powers such as Super strength/speed, flight, and Regeneration are prime examples of Super-System abilities. Subclasses:

• | Bestial |
        A very common sub-type of Metahuman, Bestial Metahumans have traits from the Animal kingdom. Most, generally, have the traits of one Animal. These abilities are divided into two functions; either they're permanently altered with the animal traits, or they have the ability to transform into animals. They don't exactly have to be based off an animal, a Metahuman can simply have animal-like, or bestial traits. There are some Bestial Metahumans that are based off of Mythological-beasts (Such as Werewolves, Dragons, etc).

• | Biological |
        Those under the Biological class have the direct ability to actively manipulate their biology and anatomy, rather than have permanent alterations. They have the ability to manipulate the biological makeup of themselves and others. Bones, blood, skin, muscle, etc. This can include shape-shifting, growing new muscles, and skin-manipulation.

• | The World |
      Those under the Elemental class have the ability to warp matter and energy to their will. Most Elemental types have control over one, or several similar, elements. Many of them function the same way, in the way that each Elemental-type has the ability to move the Element that they have control over, along with a few extra tricks. However, not all Elemental types are the same. Any ability relating to a kind of matter falls under the Elemental Class. Subclasses:

• | Energy |
        Energy-types are Metahumans with an affinity over Energies. They operate similarly to Elemental-types, they can generally create and control an energy they are attuned to. This is a very broad definition. It can range from electricity, to fire, to sunlight, or sound.

• | Mimicry |
        Mimicry type powers are the set of abilities that dip into Super-System. Mimicry type abilities are those abilities that allow their user to transform themselves into an element, or otherwise take the properties of it. These abilities are quite versatile as their main class. They can be any element, even tethering into the energy sub-type at times.

• | The Essence |
      The least common type of Meta-human out there. Opposed to altering the mind, body, or the world, Power-types alter the very essence of Superpowers; the Meta-human energy. For example they can alter it (On a large, or small, scale) to give themselves different powers (Power replication comes to mind), or enhance, or weaken, the powers of others. They are easily the most feared out of kinds of Metahumans. There are some Meta-humans under this class who can give or take away powers - there's even some who can manipulate powers themselves. Subclasses:

• | Replication |
        Replication type abilities are easily the most common form of Power type. Replicators are known as those who can mirror the abilities of other Metahumans, and use them for themselves. They are known to be the most versatile brand of Metahuman, as they can figuratively have any power within the spectrum. However, many of them are limited in how many abilities they can hold, or alternatively can only replicate certain kinds of power.

• | Charger |
        This is the other most common kind of Power-type, Chargers are Metahumans who can either enhance or weaken the abilities of others. Either temporarily, or permanently. The former can include power boosters, upgraders, etc, nullifers, removers, etc.

• | Other |

Powers that simply don't fall under the above categories.

• All over America and beyond, there are cities that are known for their large amounts of Metahumans.

• The proclaimed "City of Freaks". Black Fall is famous because it has the most Metahumans congregated into one City (1% of all Metahumans live in Black Fall). Easily the most important location for Metahumans. The city went from a small fishing town to a major hub for gamblers, tourists, businessmen, and families, in the course of a few centuries. It contains people of almost every ethnic background. It is located in Pennsylvania, on the Delaware river, not too far away from Philadelphia. It is split down the middle by the river, with one part of the city on each side. Technically it is apart of New Jersey too, since one side of Black Fall is technically on the state of New Jersey. The West side of the city is known as "Old World Black Fall" where the city started. It has most of the population centers and major buildings that have been there from the start. The East side of the city is known as "New Black Fall" which is much more commercialized. It contains most of the clubs, casinos, and mansions. However, Black Fall has been ravaged lately by riots, and battles against the Pure and Metahumans. A large chunk of the city has been destroyed, and it's making national news. The state of Black Fall has certainly gone down hill throughout the years. Black Fall also holds the east coast DOVE & RAVEN Headquarters.

• Located in California, Verthaven is a massive metropolis centered in Southern California. It is a coastal city that is Sandwiched between LA and San Francisco. It's known for it's miles of beaches, and sea trade. What it's also known for is how it's carved up by a network of rivers. The main river is known as the Cross River and splits the city up into four halves by a cross. With hundreds of smaller rivers branching off from that one. Which the city was built around, and have well integrated into the city's layout. Which gives Verthaven a feel of Venice mixed with New York. It is called a great place to go for a vacation. It has plenty of great views, restaurants, hangouts, and beautiful excursions. However, it is a very important part of the RAVEN organization. Verthaven contains the RAVEN National Headquarters. Where the directors meet up in times of crisis.They've keep order amongst the Metahumans of the city. Obviously, Verthaven has a large amount of Metahumans, not to the extent of Black Fall, however.

• St. Portwell is a small town located on the Oregon coast. It's a quaint little town, usually inhabited by old people, and some youth. The town is no more than a few square miles at most. The town has that rustic feel, containing plenty of aged buildings that would make a hipster cream. These buildings really give St. Portwell that sleepy, picturesque, look that attracts tourists. What helps is it's woods, and notable locations (Lighthouse, Tunnels, Beaches, and so on). While the town isn't super large, it has it's own shopping mall (Nothing super big, but still notable for such a location). It has a few diners, chain restaurants, and cafes, which are frequent stops for residents. On the outskirts of the town, there are plenty of farms, and gardens which are the main source of commerce for the city. The other source of commerce is fishing. St. Portwell is a home to fishermen. You'll see plenty of boats off the coast of the beach, and the docks, should you approach it. The streets aren't crowded like most cities.

You'll see one or two people going about your day, but nothing densely packed. Speaking of which, the residents are pretty spaced out. The residential areas is rather suburban, and houses on the outskirts of the town tend to be spaced out by at least a mile. The downtown area is where most of the shops, restaurants, and cafes are, and it's one long street, opposed to spanning several buildings. It isn't particularly ethnically diverse. It's mainly comprised of Caucasian (Which make up the main percentage), and African-American people. Other ethnic types are rather sparse. Because the people are so relaxed in the city, crime is relatively low. Other than drug dealing, very little crime actually reach the headlines. It also has a very low amount of Metahumans living in the confines of the city. Oddly enough, the quaint little town was chosen to the location for Academy 1. There is a small DOVE Outpost not too far away to keep an eye on the academy.

• Created over the course of a few decades, with heavy Metahuman involvement, Stadium City stands in Ohio. Stadium City was ordered by the President to be created by Metahumans in order to help alleviate the Anti-Metahuman hysteria and show that they are helpful. Stadium City, in design, doesn't appear too different from other cities. It has residential districts, a downtown, plenty of skyscrapers and more. It has plenty of Metahumans, however. After the construction of the city, many of the Metahumans that made it stayed in Stadium City and their descendants remained there. However, it was ridden with crime for decades. For years, Stadium City's underground crime was utterly ruled by the Tyrants. No one but a fool was willing to go anywhere near there.

• Located near the borders of Arizona and Nevada, Highroller Heights is the bastard son of Las Vegas (Sometimes referred to as New Vegas). Massive, boiling hot, in the middle of an american desert, and gives you great reason to check your shoes every morning. Just without the class and style that movies and other media outlets build it up to be. It's run down, the people are bitter, and just about everyone wants to make a quick buck - At the expense of others of course. This city has tons of casinos, and other fancy places to make the place look good for the tourists (The main source of income of High-Roller heights). But when you see the city for what it really is, you'll reconsider. By day it's a sandy city, a pleasant place, if you know where to go. At night, the seven deadly sins take over. Sex workers, gangsters, drug dealers, rapists, and lunatics roam the streets. To say the least, crime is high here. Because corruption is rooted so deep, the crimes are brushed aside with a simple wad of cash. High-Roller Heights has racial diversity, so people of all colors are a common sight in this city, along with a high population. The city is located in the middle of an active desert. There is sand far as the eye can see, it's skin blistering hot, and since it's a desert; don't expect rain. Superhumans are a common sight here.

• New Rivière City is a major metropolis set up at the site of an anomaly on the Louisiana River (Not too far away from Mendel) believed to be caused by ancient Metahumans. This is a belief because the anomaly doesn't appear on maps and data from years before the city was found, and the river is far too smooth. Leading up to New Rivière City, the river splits and goes two different directions around a land mass in which New Rivière City has been placed on. This simulates an island of sorts, with many bridges leading in and out of the island. The island is enormous, at least 71% of New Rivière's eighty-one square miles. Contrary to previous information, New Rivière is set on the island, and on the landmass around it (forming another circle). New Rivière is a city that was founded in 1762 once the river annex was located. French settlers placed a small village in the center of the island - quickly building outwards as the settlers realized the ports were profitable. From there, the city flourished through the years and modernization took place for decades to come.

New Rivière City, like it's been stated before, is split up by the river that surrounds it. Known as the Inner and Outer Ring. The Inner-Ring of the city is basically the island that makes up the large majority of the city. In the Inner-Ring, it contains a majority of the city - which includes it's many residential and hedonistic areas. It's known for it's bustling downtown area (More on that in a little bit) which contains many of the city's hubs of business and pleasure. Such as it's hotels, casinos, and whatnot. New Rivière is known for it's restaurants and casinos. The Inner-Ring's tall buildings can be seen from all over the city. The Outer-Ring is usually the first part of the city people are exposed to - and it's not pretty. The Outer-Ring is where all the lower class are forced to stay due to lower property costs (In contrast, the Inner Ring is where all the middle and upper class people are). New Rivière City has been called the bastard child of New Orleans, San Diego, Miami, and New York. The city has blends the aesthetic of those cities into a city that becomes alive in the night time. The streets are lined with neon signs advertising clubs, casinos and bars. Every night people from all over roam the city looking for a good time. It's known as a city where tourists pour in by the thousands.

• Different from the other locations on this list as Nueva Emmanuela (Translated as New Emmanuela) is one of the few modern city states in the entire world. Located in the Caribbean, east of the Bahamas, and north of Haiti/The Dominican Republic, Nueva Emmanuela is a large island, that is surrounded with a archipelago that makes it difficult to arrive by ship except from specific paths. The country was colonized during the period of Spanish colonialism, and it had a large amount of African-slaves imported (Many of their descendants still reside in the nation). However, in the late 1800's, the nation has achieved independence. The native Nueva Emmanuelan people are those who are Spanish, African, but primarily consist of those who mixed between those two ethnic groups. These people are very similar to Brazilians with a diverse amount of skin tones (Ranging from brown, white, etc). There's also a large amount of Caucasians - with the other main ethnic group being Asian (There isn't that much diversity in Nueva Emmanuela). Nueva Emmanuela itself is a large tropical paradise, and much like other Caribbean islands, it's often a tourist attraction. The streets of the downtown area are quite lavish with fancy restaurants, convenience stores, and other places that would make any tourist blush. In addition to the many, many, lush beaches, casinos, and other places that make this nation a perfect tourist attraction. However, outside of these locations, the nation is pretty poor. The streets are run down, and abundant with poverty. This poverty breeds crime, and the nation of Nueva Emmanuela is a massive location for the illegal black market, and drug trade. If you want something shady, this is where to get it.

Surprisingly, enough, Nueva Emmanuela has a large amount of Metahumans - the highest in the Caribbean, in fact. Many Metahumans have, for some reason, sprung up in the city. It isn't no where near the amounts of some of the cities in say America and Europe, but it's certainly notable. The nation isn't in pieces due to the police force keeping Metahumans in line, but, the nation has a large amount of Metacrime, as many poor Metahumans participate in the drug trade. Like other nations in the Caribbean, Nueva Emmanuela is very prone to hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Nine years ago, the nation was ravaged by a massive hurricane which almost swept the whole place away. Disaster relief from all over helped.

• The Academy Program is a world-wide organization that works in conjunction with the many governments of the world in order to produce safe learning environments for young Metahumans to use their powers. They are a global organization that caters to this specific goal. There are 32 Academies based in North America. Each Academy is jam packed with the best technology and learning environments a person can have.

The students are the purpose of the Academy, for they are trained in how to use their powers in accordance to their nation's standards. The students are given real skills so they can possibly survive out in the world. The main thing the students are put through are trials, some of which are tackled in groups whilst others are faced alone. Students are scored based on how well they perform in these trials and those who score higher have a tendency to graduate at a faster rate. The Academy excepts a wide variation of student age groups, with ten years being the minimum age whilst the oldest tend to be found in their early twenties, all coming from a variety of different backgrounds.

The Academies are usually staffed by Metahumans (as that's the best way to teach someone how to use their powers), but they are also staffed by regular people. Many of these empowered teachers are known as Instructors. The Instructors are Metahumans that teach the students how to use their powers in efficient, safe and practical manners. There's a large team of them, though nowhere near as many students. Each of them specializes in a different type of power. Whether it's Elemental training, or Shape-shifting and transformations. They do it all, and they can help their students.

To say the Academy program was a massive success would be an understatement. Thousands of Metahumans attend the academies, and leave as graduates, fully prepared for society. The Academy Program has roots far back to the very start of Metahumans, as they sprung up some time after Metahumans were revealed to the world, started by one woman named Hannah Swam who pitched the idea to the US government. After the first "official" Academy, which is now known as Academy 3, was created, other academies were created across the US to provide training to young Metahumans. Following the success of the first Academy, the other thirty-two Academies were established. Despite this government support the Academy Program has become largely independent from the US government with minimal oversight beyond DOVE's involvement.

On that note, the US Academy Program works very closely with DOVE - as the latter group often sends Metahumans to Academies to socially and academically develop in a safe learning environment, and come back with knowledge of how to properly apply their powers. Many students who attend the Academies find employment with RAVEN or DOVE and because of the deal between the Academy Program and the US government, there's always a few members of DOVE on hand at each Academy, though RAVEN is also known to make a presence when necessary.

• Academy Designation: 218
      Date: January 10th, 2015

Academy 218 is the Academy for Gifted Humans. Apart of the Academy Program which has been fully approved by the DOVE Organization, Academy 218 serves the purpose of serving trials and deeming young Superhumans capable of responsibly using their powers and functioning in society. This Academy is one of many, but 218 in particular is one of the most famous and respected ones out of all of them. As it's often compared to a resort, as it's built on an island not too far off the coast of Alaska. The island is usually blanketed by a thick sheet of snow because of it's location (And the date). Covered in a crystal white blanket of snow, which never seems to stop falling. The island has an extensive, diamond white forest, and frozen lakes which perfectly reflect the light of the moon, and incredible wildlife; our elegant rabbits, arctic foxes, and even the few reported polar bears living deep in it's wondrous forests are just a few examples of what to expect. It gives the Academy a very unique look (Because snow makes everything awesome) The only way in and out is by boat, and there's a schedule for it. The Island itself is a circular location, with plenty of natural landmarks such as rivers, hills, and there's even a mountain not too far away from the Academy. The island itself is covered in a massive black forest with a few landmarks. This forest is as far as the eye can see, and only stops at the beaches of the island. With the Academy standing in the very center of it, standing tall and proud over the woods. Academy 218 has the appearance of a High-tech, modern-day, castle. The building has a very open design that was created with concrete and glass, with metal supports. The entire Academy has paths that are lined with plant life of all sorts.

• No student is allowed to leave the confines of the Academy Grounds without permission.

• Fighting between students is strictly forbidden outside of the arena.

• Sexual activity, Drugs, and Alcohol are not allowed. However, students who are of age can smoke - Smoking indoors is not allowed.

• No student is allowed in the forest after night fall. All students must be back in their room by 9PM.

• Obey the staff at all times.

• The Students are the purpose of the Academy, for they are trained in how to use their powers in accordance to NEST standards. The students are given real skills so they can possibly survive out in the world. The main thing the students are put through are trials, which they are supplied some of these skills. Trials that they can tackle in groups or alone. They are given a score depending on how they do these missions, but the better they do them, the quicker they can receive their certification and are sent out into the outside world. The students are a variety of ages. From the youngest ten year old, to a college aged twenty year old. They come from any and all backgrounds. There are three types of students. "New" students are the boys and girls that are fresh to the Academy. "Returning" students are the people who have been to the Academy before, and didn't meet the criteria to get their Certificate. "Full" students are the people who choose to live on the Academy full time. Either to get an education there, or they don't have a stable home to head back to.

• An essential part of Academy 218. The Power Instructors are Metahumans that teach the Students how to use their powers in efficient and practical manners. There's a large team of them, no where near as many students. Each of them specializes in a different type of power. Whether it's Elemental training, or Shape-shifting and transformations. They do it all, and they can help the majority of the students. Thus, each of the power instructors are quite well known among the students. The Head of all the Power Instructors is Adam Blackmore.

• The men and women who keep the gears of the Academy spinning. The Academy is manned by a team of different ages, nationalities, and genders. No matter who they are, they have the same goal in mind: delivering top-tier service to the Academy. They are the workers at the front desk. The teachers in the classrooms. The nurses in the hospital. The people who keep the Academy running. What is of note is that a majority of the staff members are Meta-humans, with the few that aren't being in the minority.

• For Arena Fights and Training Sessions, the school has issued military-like suits for all the students. The suits take the appearance of military armor. They're near-skintight suit, made of a flexible, but durable, fabric. With an armored Kevlar vest, and shoulder, elbow, feet, and knee pads integrated into it's design. Each suit is specially made for the students before their arrival. Their powers are also accommodated by the suits (EX: A pyromancer's suit would be heat resistant, while a Bestial-type meta's suit would be made to fit around their features). Students are free to take their suits and customize them freely. However, if their suits don't meet the standards of the Academy they will not be allowed to participate in training or the arena.

• The oddities and secrets that the Academy have within it. Over the years, the 218 has seen some of the strangest things step foot on it's island. Some are believed to be the result of Superpowers.... but others feel paranormal, supernatural even, in nature. As there were rumors of ghosts, and monsters that couldn't have been made with powers. These are the things that the staff would rather keep a secret. However, young and curious students may (Willingly or not) solve them. They are either harmless, like a missing item, or a secret room, to the much more malevolent, such as students disappearing, strange monsters lurking in the island, and the ruins. Another reason why the staff keeps them a secret as much as possible.

• Harbor: Located on the bottom-most part of the island is the docks. A large building which contain the cruise, and supply, ships that lead in and out of the island. Surrounding it is the dock complex. Which is a large wooden structure built over the water that stretches out far from the island. This is where boats dock to drop off students. Sometimes used as a hangout. The docks lead up the stairs into the Academy building.

• Reception Room: The Entrance of the Academy, more or less. This room is very large, and has several marble pillars on the left and right sides of the room, leaving the center of the room devoid. At the opposite side of the entrance is the main desk. Which is a large circular desk, with several computer monitors mounted on top. One may notice that many wires run beneath the desks, where the computers themselves rest. Usually there is one Front Desk Worker, answering questions about the school and setting up appointments.

• The Shop: Students have money, and the Academy always needs a little extra cash to help support the Academy. Located in a small room on the side of the Reception Room, the Shop is a small room that has merchandise and other goodies. Whether it's an Academy 218 branded clothes, or snacks, the Shop has it.

• Shipping Office: Since the island is a secluded location with no factories or ways to effectively produce anything, the island has to get supplies shipped in. Which is where the Shipping Office comes in. Boats come in with goods, the goods are held here before distribution to the rest of the school. This is also where mail in and out of the island gets dealt with. Attached to the office is a large warehouse which is set up like a maze of large crates and shelves and shelves of boxes. Students are barred from entrance, but like the Ruins, it becomes a location for less than legal operations.

• The Beach-Lodge: Technically a separate building from the Academy, the Lodge is where the students kick back after a long day's work. Located along the Beach (Near the Docks, actually), the Lodge is a large two story building with a large porch area that have been walled off with grey stone - with wooden stairs leading up to it. The building is also made out of wood, with stone at the bottom to act as a support. Behind the building is a larger porch area that acts as an overlook for the ocean. The roof of the building is topped off with a tent-shaped triangle, made out of layered tiles. Now inside the building? It's a place made for students to kick back, so doesn't make sense for it to be full of stuff that does that? There's a row of three large TVs on one side of the room (One of the only places that has a functional TV) with sofas posited around it for optimal viewing. There are gaming consoles positioned under these TVs in case someone wants to game. On the other parts of the room, there are chairs and tables (comfortable chairs and tables) for people to sit down and talk if they want to - or eat their food here. Around the room there are things such as pool tables, dart boards, and more. Stuff to keep the students entertained, yeah. There's also a library on the second floor. Not like a traditional library, students are free to read books as they please. Just that they can't take them out of the lodge.

• The Garden: Making up the center of the school is the Garden. It has plenty of different flowers and other forms of exotic plantlife that was imported from all over the world. A location that is set up much like a park. Pathways set up that are surrounded by plants and trees which makes it a great place for a walk. It also has a few small ponds and rivers, which have bridges built over them and have plenty of aquatic plants. Overall, it has an oval shape. It has a glass ceiling over top of it, that is incredibly thick and hard to pierce. It leads into all the other wings, so plenty of people pass through here to get to them. It has a nice little Cafe (Read below) on the side towards the Domestic Wing, along with a Auditorium stage in the center of it.

• Auditorium: In the middle of the Garden is a large stage. It was placed in the middle of the garden for atmosphere. It's basically a large wooden stage set up in front of cascading rows of seats (Large enough to seat a most of the students). On top of the stage is a large wooden podium. As you may have expected, the Auditorium is used to deliver speeches to the students, but it's also used to for school plays, or other performances.

• The Cafe: A medium-sized building off to the side of the Garden. Another location that was made specifically to be another location for the students to hang out. It's a moody building that is constructed out of a wood, and has a moody lighting (Either blue, red, or another color). It has a large circular stage in the center of it, and it's surrounded by tables. Surrounding the tables are booths, built up to give everyone a bit of privacy. Staffed by Students and Teachers in their spare time, The Cafe is basically a restaurant. While people primarily get drinks from here, people can also order finger foods. They aren't free. Students have to pay for them. Jazz, or Swing, music is usually played through the speakers. The stage is sometimes used for scheduled performances by students.

• Educational Rooms: As the 218 is an Academy, it has a large amount of class rooms. While Educations are optional, Students may get a top-grade education during their stay. Several floors full of class-rooms, each teaching English, Physics, History, Biology, and etc. Students may also get a college education at the Academy. Every classroom has a different layout, but they all have desks, chalkboards, or whatever.
      • Staff Offices: If the Academy was a machine, the Offices are the gears that keep the Academy spinning. Here is where staff members of all types are seen working. Answering emails, and filing paperwork. Every office comes with a desk, computer, and filing cabinet. And of course, a window. There are plenty of offices for the staff members (Power Instructors, Teachers, and other instructors). This is also where other parts of the Academy is managed. Most notable of all is the Headmistress's office. Hidden behind two doors, very few people get to see her unless they caused some.
      • Detention Center: Some students are extremely problematic. In response to that, the Detention Center was made on the basement level of the Academy. Usually, the only rules being broken are fighting outside the arena. The Detention Center is three floors worth of large prison cells that have doors like vaults. Each cell is a square metal room with a bed, toilet, shower, and some books to read. What is the most notable feature of the room is how durable it is. They are made to be extremely hard to break out of. It'll take a ton of effort for even the strongest Metahuman to break. In the case of Elemental type Metahumans, they are given a power nullifying collar, or placed in a non-metal cell.

• Hospital: Another truth about the Academy is that plenty of people get injured. Which is why a large hospital was set up. Easily one of the largest sections of the Academy, the Hospital is three floors that are all lined with Patient Rooms, ICUs and ERs. Along with a special section for Power Related problems. The Hospital is staffed by a team of Doctors, Nurses, and Surgeons, ready to serve the students. The Hospital has it's own Common Rooms, Lounge, and Cafeteria.

• Student Dorms: Obviously, there has to be a place for the students to sleep and keep their belongings. The Student Dorms has to be the largest location in the Domestic-Wing. It is three floors high, and every floor is jam-packed with rooms to suit the Students. Of course, since the Academy promotes interaction between the students, room-mates are a must. Every room is made to hold two-through-four students. Every room comes with a bed, desk (With computer), and closet for them. Along with a television set and sofa. On the upper floors, the older students get a patio deck. The second floor has a laundry room, and on the first floor there is a shared Lounge which contains games, seats, and is generally a place for the students to relax. On each floor there are community showers, expertly tiled, and complete with privacy stalls and lockers.

• Staff Dorms: The opposite of the students Dorms. It's much smaller than the other Dorms, but still large enough to accommodate the large number of staff members there are. While the section itself is smaller, the rooms are of much higher quality than the student dorms. They're much larger, and have private bathrooms. Staff members don't have to share their rooms with other people. Each staff room also has a patio, and they have an indoor pool all to themselves on the first floor. Usually this section is off-limits to the students because of incessant pranking.

• Cafeteria: People need to get their food from somewhere. Not too far away from the dorms, the Cafeteria is set up much like any other Cafeteria. A large square room, with a counter on one side with food and drinks on it, and plenty of lunchroom tables scattered all over the room. Students are served food from the Cafeteria on a schedule. Students come in, eat, then they are sent on their way. They are, however, served the finest foods the Academy can offer.

• Training Hall: An essential part of the Academy, the Training Hall. The training hall is a set of several different rooms all with the purpose of training students to use their powers. Each room is specialized for a different form of training. One room for Elemental types, another for Super-System types. These rooms aren't all for training powers - it also helps with physical readiness. Training with other forms of combat readiness such as shooting galleries. Naturally, these rooms are extremely durable, capable of taking a beating without even a dent. Some of these rooms are freely available to be used by the students, others are private, and closed off.

• The Arena: A location where Students come to have friendly duels... and resolve their feuds. The Arena was made for Students to go head-to-head in nonlethal combat. The Arena is separated into large rooms that have different layouts, with an observation deck far above the action for people to spectate. The combat rooms are made out of the same metal that the Cells in the Detention Center are made out of it. It's shiny, smooth, and durable as hell (Enough to take even the strongest attack without a dent). Each of the arena rooms have walls of various heights for cover. If an Elemental-type fights, they are given supplies before a fight begins. The standard combat room is an oval-shaped room with plenty of walls for cover. Arena fights can have up to two teams of four. Obviously, Students may go into the arena alone or with friends. Students can challenge each other to the arena - Students can even challenge staff-members (Though, there's an unspoken rule against it). Once the challenge has been accepted, both students will register the fight at the front desk before they begin the match. Each Arena fight is overseen by a referee, and usually will call off the fight after a winner has been determined, or after the timer runs out. The fights in the arena are not deathmatches, they are nonlethal. In the case of an overly aggressive Student, the fight will be called off, and the aggressor will be placed in the detention center. With the other team given the win.

• Game Stadium: There are people who would rather not beat each other's faces in the arena. Rather than fight, the Game Stadium has plenty of nonviolent competitions. Capture the flag, Obstacle courses, Races, and other activities. They're all similar to sports, except with superhumans. The Stadium runs much like the Arena. Separated into different rooms, each with their own purpose and designs. Prepared beforehand with supplies to assist in the students Powers. Students can compete alone, or in teams of four, and can challenge anyone. Unlike the Arena, it runs under a stricter set of rules. No violent attacks are permitted. Much like other sports, they end once someone wins.

• Gym: The center for student workouts. The Gym is a large complex not too far away from the Stadium and Arena. It's not set up like your average gym, as it has plenty of rooms for sports (Basketball, Baseball, Tennis, etc), and rooms for Superhuman workouts. The first room is probably for the Students and Staff that don't have Super-System upgrades to work out. A large room that is designed much like other gyms. A massive room, that is separated into sections depending on the exercise. One area is for lifting, another is for cardio, and so on. Treadmills, punching bags, even a boxing ring, the gym has it all. The other rooms include a weight room for Metahumans with Supersystem powers, which has heavier weights. Another room is a special room for acrobatics and aerialists. A large room that has trampolines on the ceiling and floor and spring-boards. It's great practice for gymnastics and parkour training.

• Beach: The 218 is a island, it is naturally surrounded by water. Naturally, the 218 is edged by one big long beach. The beaches are frequented by the students, as it's a hangout.

• Woods: The dense woods that surrounds the Academy. Trees as far as the eye can see, and snow everywhere. Trees that have likely been there for decades. A thick foliage of bushes and trees that is difficult for vehicular travel, and much easier for foot travel. However, the Administration does that. Inside the woods are a variety of features and landmarks. Ponds, rivers, cliffs, you name it. There's also a large waterfall that leads into Lake Victoria too. Along with a system of caverns. The woods have all sorts of wildlife inhabiting it. The type of animals you'd see in a North-American forest. Wolves, bears, insects. However, there have been reports of strange beasts in the woods, attacking students. Which is why the Woods are off limits after night fall.

• The Mountain: Taller than the Academy itself is a large mountain that is quite some distance away from the Academy itself. It's peak can be seen from anywhere on the island. Very few students try to climb on it, since it's very dangerous (And cold!).

• The Waterfall: Deep in the woods, near the mountain, is the tall waterfall. It's where a deep river lead to, and it's a tall waterfall that leads into a very deep pond. Unfortunately, the waterfall is currently frozen. The waterfall is surrounded by massive rocks.

• The Mansion A strange mansion that has been there since the Academy was established. Just that they couldn't be arsed to tear it down. It's a massive, three floor building, that is rectangle shaped. Far wider than it is tall. It's made out of wood clearly, and built on a stone foundation, with rows and rows of windows and a flat roof. The mansion is fully furnished with tables, beds, and other things you'd see in a house. However they are either dirty, or have been long broken by students running through there ages ago. The building has clearly eroded. Vines and other things have ravaged the place, the floors have rotted, and everything is filthy. But it's, strangely enough, still stable enough to stand. But if it takes a major hit, a good chunk of it is going on.

• The Graveyard: A spooky part of the wilderness, and not too far away from the Mansion. In the past, many people have died in the Academy. And that's the one thing they don't want to tell you. This location is where they buried those unlucky fools. It's a field, surrounded by a cast-iron fence, built on a slight curve. Here are several graves, denoted by concrete blocks known as Tombstones... some are marked, some, sadly, are not.

• Ruins: A strange location that is on the northernmost parts of the island, in the middle of a valley. Surrounded by massive walls (That make a perfect circle), the Ruins are a cluster of buildings that have long decayed or have been destroyed. They won't take too much of a hit without going down. What is the most curious about these buildings is that they make up the appearance of a school. A large dorms building, a building for education, training, and so on (There's even a ruined cafe!). When asked about the Ruins, the staff usually deny it, and say to stay away from it above all else. The Ruins are off-limits.

• Archipelago: On the west end of the island are a cluster of ten small islands, nicknamed the Archipelago. Each of these islands are a small swim (Or flight) apart from each other, and are unremarkable other than a few trees. Since it's winter, the water is frozen.

• Shipwreck: Not too far away from the Archipelago is the Shipwreck. It's the result of a few students thinking it'd be hilarious to screw around with the boats. Needless to say, the boats crashed into the beaches of the Academy and were left there because it cost too much money to get rid of them. Three boats now rest on the beaches. They've become the hangout for students, even though they're technically off-limits.

• Since the conception of Academy 218, the school has funneled the students into teams of several students. These teams are selected by the school staff (Specifically the power instructors) after evaluating the student's skill. Students are placed into the teams depending on their abilities, and with the intent of the students bonding. Every team has a leader. Usually, the students that do the best (Display teamwork, skill, and leadership) during early power training sessions are selected as the team leaders - while everyone else is placed into members of the team. After a team has been assembled, they can participate in the many official school games. Such as Arena matches, or matches at the Game Stadium. However, teams can also improve their ratings by generally contributing to the school, and the power development and carriers of themselves and others. By either participating in charity, academic achievements, and developing their powers (And helping others). Individual achievements (Such as solo arena fights, and whatnot) also count towards the overall team rating. The teams will compete with other teams to have the team with the highest rating. Working as a team will count towards the student's final score when graduating. Which makes it imperative that students take these teams, and what they stand for, very seriously.

• Colors:

Leader:

Team:

• Colors:

Leader:

Team:

• Colors:

Leader:

Team:

• Colors:

Leader:

Team:

Hey, this is incredibly interesting! I love the lore that you created. I can tell it was carefully thought out. I will start working on my sheets as soon as I finish with my Organic Chem exam tomorrow! I do have a few questions.

I see and understand DOVE and its purpose as presented. But I checked through the different tabs but could not find an explanation for RAVEN. I assume it is similar to DOVE?

Also, what is/was the non-metahuman reaction is to their gifted counterparts. Was there tension at first and now acceptance? Is it still a bit rough?

Third, I would love to play an instructor. I was wondering if you had a vision for the kinds of classes that would be available? My initial thought was to play an empath as an emotional wellness/guidance counselor person. As, I can imagine that tempering emotions or having an outlet would be necessary. Just a thought!

Hey, this is incredibly interesting! I love the lore that you created. I can tell it was carefully thought out. I will start working on my sheets as soon as I finish with my Organic Chem exam tomorrow! I do have a few questions.

I see and understand DOVE and its purpose as presented. But I checked through the different tabs but could not find an explanation for RAVEN. I assume it is similar to DOVE?

Also, what is/was the non-metahuman reaction is to their gifted counterparts. Was there tension at first and now acceptance? Is it still a bit rough?

Third, I would love to play an instructor. I was wondering if you had a vision for the kinds of classes that would be available? My initial thought was to play an empath as an emotional wellness/guidance counselor person. As, I can imagine that tempering emotions or having an outlet would be necessary. Just a thought!

1). RAVEN is basically the sword to DOVE's shield. A task force dedicated to taking out Metahumans that are a threat as DOVE tries to prevent them. I had a pretty detailed explanation for both organizations, but decided to cut it for brevity's sake.

2). It's pretty rough - but, with the likes of DOVE and RAVEN keeping things safe, people tolerate Metahumans. But, there are stull plenty of people who hate them.

3). Right now I'm a bit unsure of classes, and would probably need help sorting that out - but, that sounds like a cool idea. We'll probably dedicate a little bit of time to each power instructor.

• tUVW5C1.png

• Name:
      Sonya Summer Mayfield

Nickname/Alias/Etc:
      Lekki.
      Greenfield.
      Mayfield.
      The Legendary Sniper.

Callsign: Merryday.

Height:
      5'5​

Weight:
      120​

• Hair Color:
      Blonde​

Eye Color:
      Green​

Ethnicity:
      British​

Physical Appearance:
      Despite looking normal to a degree, Sonya's bestial traits shine through her otherwise normal frame. Giving her an abnormal look to the people who take a longer look at her. To begin, her facial features are soft, and rounded. She has a chin that sticks out of her head somewhat, and a small button nose with small nostrils. She has soft pink lips that are untouched by lipstick - but this is where her mutations come in, sonnyboy. Her mouth is larger than average, and it looks rather strange. When she opens it up, one is quick to notice her very abnormal mouth of teeth. They're long, sharp, and needle-like, and she has two rows of them for her upper teeth.

Most people don't even notice the tongue several times the length of her body until it's hanging out of her mouth. Sonya's eyes are quite oddly sized, they have the usual round shape that's consistent with human beings - and they have the usual appearance, too - but they're very large. Twice as large as regular eyes. They're a odd shade of green, they're a dark green color, that is not within normal human range. In fact, most people mistake her for wearing colored contacts.

Most notably of all is her hands, and her legs/feet. To elaborate, Sonya has slight orbs on her fingertips and toes, much like frogs (Which are necessary to cling to surfaces). Her feet, on the other hand, are much like frog legs. Her foot structure has been rearranged, her toes are now much longer, and end in large orbs. Both her hands and her feet have orbs at the end of them.

Her feet are just large. She has retractable webbing on her hands and feet, which she can freely deploy when she decides to go swimming. Now, to describe her human traits. Sonya is a thin woman with a layer of muscle and body fat that adds padding to her body. She's pretty average heighted at 5'5, and pretty lightweight at 120lb. It's because of that power of hers. She doesn't really have much in the sex appeal area, either (If the frog traits don't kill that either). She has a flat chest (A-cup), and butt.

No real curves. Sonya is Caucasian, and has various European countries in her blood. Her skin is a healthy beige color, and doesn't have a single mark on her due to her salamander physiology. Speaking of which, Sonya has a wild and wavy head of blonde hair, not in any style in particular, but it's shoulder length, and is well brushed and cleaned.
      She has a British accent.​

Attire:
      Sonya tends to dress pretty casually (Though, it's pretty rare to see her out of her suit). She'll wear a variety of outfits, but is mostly modest. Though, she was never the pants wearing type, preferring (thigh length) skirts. She tends to wear shoes a few sizes too large so she can fit her large feet into them. Though, if she's in a colder environment, expect her to dress like she's climbing mount Everest! She'll wear heavily padded outfits with layers, and layers, of clothing - not in any style in particular. It's because of her cold-blooded nature. Though, expect her outfits to be a little wet due to the slime.​

• Innate & Outward Personality:
      A surprisingly meek, and cheerful, for someone on her line of duty, Sonya makes herself a pretty approachable person. Being casual and fun loving as possible, despite her line of duty, and the extremely heavy risks pertaining it. She's the type of woman who's more than willing to tell stories, to friends, and be the life of the party. Usually, she tries to be the person who lightens the heavy mood, and attempts to connect with as many people as possible. She's pretty witty, and sarcastic, and usually has a retort for most situations that pop up. Sometimes, it seems almost as if she takes nothing seriously, and thinks everything's one big game. Though, she, at times, stumbles with this facade, and ends up looking very awkward. Sonya is pretty empathetic, and she deeply cares about the people around her.

Which is why she tends to go the extra-mile to help people, and keep the world safe from vile Metahumans. She's less concerned with hunting rogue Metahumans, and focuses much more on removing dangerous Metahumans from the equation. And with every job well done, she tends to give herself a pat on the back knowing that she helped someone. Friends of hers get the idea that she's quite eccentric, but somewhat charming overall. Though, she isn't super good in crowds, she tends to avoid them like the plague (due to her own physical mutations). She thinks herself somewhat as a freak, and needs some sort of validation. Which is why she tries to connect and befriend as many people as possible - to assure herself that she's not that big a freak. Sexually, Sonya is pansexual. What? When you're a frog woman, you can't afford to be picky.
      When she was with RAVEN, however, she's a lot more quiet, and driven. She focuses on the job, and tends to keep the chatter to a minimal. She balances her friendly and open personality with her dedication to the job, and her cold efficiency in carrying it out.

She has little qualms in killing a person in the name of duty. She'll justify it in her head as saying they were a bad person, that needed to be removed (Though, even she questions that line of thought at times). What gets in the way of missions is how headstrong, and reckless Sonya can be at times. She's confident enough in her abilities to take risks. The kind of risks that her superiors don't necessarily frown upon. Sometimes they make or save the mission. Speaking of which, she's insanely confident in her sniping talent, and her power, and believes that she's perfectly capable of completing every mission with flying colors.

Most importantly, she'll take responsibility for the outcome of the mission, whether it's a failure or a success. However, she takes failures to heart, and beats herself up over a failed mission - even if it's not her fault. She'll get really angry at herself for such failures. Sonya's a firm believer of the warrior's code. She shows mercy to a surrendering foe, and knows not to injure civilians in the crossfire. She'll gladly get in a team mate's face that causes harm to civilians, or acts especially bloodthirsty. To her, there is a very thin line between murderer, and soldier.

Most of her meek charm, and optimism is very forced, it's because she's quite haunted by the things she's seen, and done. Killing people over and over again has made her feel cold inside, and she wants to start feeling warm. She thinks that maybe making friends will make her feel better, so far it hasn't worked. Hell, it made the hole deeper. It makes her quite sullen at times - to the point where she simply retreats into the nearest hiding spot, and tries to live with herself. Until she gets better, and puts on the face that everyone knows before heading back outside. She's especially haunted by some of the things she's seen while on the job. Which she also tries her best to bury with good memories, but the wounds rarely heal.​

Skills/Talents:
      Experienced and trained member of RAVEN, Sonya is a trained soldier that knows how to use a variety of firearms, and use them well. The gun she seems to be the best at using is the sniper rifle. She's a sniper by nature, she uses her power to get up on a perch you can't see, then puts one in between your eyes. She's regarded as one of the best shots in RAVEN, and has many kills under her belt. Along with her firearm training, she knows plenty of hand-to-hand, and knifeplay.

Stealth is her greatest skill, because she's a silent ninja. She could slip up behind you, and already have slashed your throat out before you even noticed. This also ties into her assigned role of Scouting and Recon within the RAVEN. She's usually the type who will scope out a position, and provide meaningful information, before the big boys come charging in. Sonya is also a super good tracker, and she can effectively track a man over several miles. Along with plenty of training on how to use her power effectively, and how it works. Oh yeah, and she's a kickass swimmer.

From her past as a thief, she's pretty good at picking locks, and knows a bit about security. Now, aside from all that nonsense, Sonya is an artist! Sonya channels all of her emotions into art. She paints, and draws with pencils, and it's very relaxing. Her room is full of paintings that she made.​

History/Bio:
      Sonya started out in Portsmouth, England, daughter of two Businessmen that were far too busy for their own good. But, they made enough money for their daughter to live in comfort. She was sent off to school, and given a pretty good education (Nothing that'd classify her as a genius, of course). She was friendly and forthcoming enough to make plenty of friends in school. She lived life as a girl. Still, she had a bit of dissatisfaction with her life, though, she swallowed it, and went along with it. However, once she turned ten, and began puberty, that's when her life changed.

As in thrown on it's own head. Sonya's body started going through a variety of mutations. It started with the ability to breathe through her skin, and started swimming better, but it eventually caused more severe mutations. Once she was twelve, the mutations had completed, and she was part woman, and part amphibian. The mutations were, of course, obvious enough to detriment her ability to go about a normal life. She couldn't go to school because everyone would bully her for being a freak, and she was even beaten to a pulp. Her parents literally had no idea what to do with her, and her education.

However, one internet search brought up the Academy Program over in America. They knew that it was probably the best for their daughter, and gathered the money to send her to America, where she immediately applied for the Academy Program. She was sent to Academy 218... in Alaska. Which was very different from the UK (Especially in the winter), but she adjusted to it. She trained with many of the students there, and learned her power inside and out with the help of the various Teachers and Students. It wasn't all that complicated to begin with, and had a easy time training with it.

Learning what to do with it. Most hilariously, she learned that she could change genders and spent at least a month as as boy before she figured out how to turn back. During her time training, Sonya met a girl named Maria Costello, who was a girl made of ink (and could control and create it). They bonded, and eventually became close friends. Going on all sorts of adventures while in Academy 218. One adventure in particular began with Sonya going out during a blizzard, and ending up frozen. Fortunately, an aspect of her power allowed her to survive being frozen solid, and recover just like it was nothing. She spent a few years of her life in the Academy, as a full student, that is. She pretty lived on the Academy without leaving it, or even any contact from her parents.

It turned out that her parents had abandoned her in America due to the fact that they couldn't take that she was a Metahuman now. She was now on her own, and would have to live in America. This really shocked Sonya, and when she told Maria about it, she suggested that they two split off from the Academy, and go with a group of kids (who were similarly shunned by their parents, or horribly mutated) that were planning to leave the Academy and roam the nation. Sonya was so devastated, that she just went along with it. They took the first boatride off, and arrived in Verthaven.

They quickly formed a group called the Outliers. They stole, and squatted in houses to get by. Before heading to the next location. They got into all sorts of trouble, and managed to get more people to join their side (Along with people to give them a hand, and help them couch surf). This is where Sonya became the thief she was known as. With her power, she became extra efficient at sneaking around, and stealing whatever she could. Maria also helped with her power, and the two got really close during these robberies. It was like a date! Eventually, they developed feelings for each other, and agreed that they should hook up. Both of them became very experienced with their line of work.

The Outliers eventually ended up in New Rivere City, Louisiana after a few years, and they were all promptly arrested after a botched heist. One year into her sentence and Sonya received an offer that she couldn't refuse. RAVEN were going to release her and Maria early, if they join the Agency. Since RAVEN saw potential RAVEN Agents in both of them, and they were going to be let out of prison for good behavior anyway. Sonya gladly accepted the offer, and was sent to Black Fall to receive basic training at their facility. Where she reunited with Maria after a year.

While training there, it turned out that Sonya had quite the eye. She was pretty talented at shooting sniper rifles, far superior than the other recruits (rivaling those with enhanced aim). Her superiors took note of this, and placed her in advanced Sniping training, and Recon. All in all, Sonya spent three years training under RAVEN, and came out a officer, ready for action. Maria, on the other hand, simply became a rank and file RAVEN Agent.

Her main job was reconnaissance, mostly scoping out an area for the other RAVEN Agents to go in and detain the target. Other times, she assisted other RAVEN Agents by unloading on a target with taser rounds. However, at times, there were points where she had to preform an assassination. A Metahuman in Black Fall had transformed into a monster, and began to tear Black Fall apart. She put a bullet right through his head, and brought him down.

Her first kill. She kept that in mind as she proceed through the organization. Sonya rose through the ranks with her skill alone, and got promoted for every job well done. Making a name for herself for not being an excellent scout and sniper, but a good person in general. Incidentally, she also managed to get closer and closer to her partner, Maria. They were an inseparable duo.

However, her skill got her assigned to more serious jobs. Special ops - and some RAVEN Black Ops. This is where her sniping talent really shined. Eventually, both Sonya and Maria were stationed in various other places in the US. Philadelphia, New York, Miami, Highroller Heights (She didn't enjoy that at all, hot dry places are Sonya's bane), Boston, and Detroit (She'll never mention that experience again).

Eventually, ending up in Stadium City... apart of RAVEN's ongoing effort against the Tyrants. In particular, this city is where Sonya ended the most lives, and seen the most shit. In the battle against the Tyrants, she's killed plenty of dangerous Metahumans that were apart of the organization, and many Metahumans who were public dangers. However, one mission in particular seriously gotten to her. It ended badly, with several civilians, Tyrants, and RAVEN agents dead. Sonya herself was injured severely. Her arm was torn off, along with her receiving many broken bones, and cuts, that she wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for her power. She, for obvious reasons, won't divulge on what happened.

RAVEN put her on leave for awhile in order for her wounds to heal, and of course, for her to see a psychiatrist. After she healed, she spent plenty of time idly mulling about what happened. Therapists didn't help all that much. So, Sonya mostly fell on Maria for comfort about it. They hung out a lot, and tried their best to have fun (It worked!). However, the bill was passed that allowed gay marriage, and Sonya and Maria finally married in Chicago. They didn't have a lot of time to plan, or really secure anything other than a park, but it ended up being memorable for the two of them.

After the incident, however, Sonya chose to leave RAVEN behind, and become a family women. Both Sonya and Maria signed up and became teachers in Academy 218 where they've been working for years now.

• Family:
      April Mayfield - Mother (Estranged)
      Daniel Mayfield - Father (Estranged)
      Maria Mayfield/Costello - Wife​
      Dynamics:
      Penis.​

• Power Classification:
      Super-System: Bestial​
      Power:
      Sonya has the abilities of the strange and wonderful Amphibians (And some Reptiles). Reptilian-like animals that inhabit the land and the water. Which have a wide range of abilities, Sonya, in particular are bits and pieces from all over the kingdom. To get started, Sonya is a cold-blooded person, she relies on external means to regulate her body temperature. Which, in turn, regulates how fast or slow her metabolism goes. By nature, her body is very flexible, and this makes her a very agile person - in and out of the water. You can see her preforming backflips, and leaping around like it was nothing. Along with the ability to twist her limbs.

Sonya's body is well adapted for the water. She can swim underwater at exceptional speeds, and hold her breath underwater, capable of staying underwater and swimming like a champ. Like most Amphibians, she breathes through her skin. Most importantly, Sonya's skin is coated in a clear layer of slime that helps keep her moist, regulates her temperature, helps her breathe, and helps her swim. This same slime also provides a defensive advantage. It makes her super slippery, and very hard to grab onto. Most people will find her just slipping out of their grasp. This also makes her a bit harder to hit with physical attacks. Say if you were throwing a punch at her and your fist will just end up sliding right off her. It also renders her a bit more resistance to flames.

Much like Salamanders and Newts, Sonya has a regenerative factor. She's capable of recovering from a knife wound in a few days, opposed to a few weeks. Along with the ability to regrow limbs that Salamanders are remarkable for. She can regrow a limb in a few weeks. Also, Sonya can also detach a limb from her body, in case she really needs to. It won't really be as bloody and damaging as it normally would, there wouldn't be a drop of blood. Oh, speaking of which, blood clots pretty quickly due to the layer of slime, and her regenerative factor. Sonya also has a very good camouflage. It'll render her nearly invisible, even while moving, long as she focuses. She can change her skin-color to anything within the color spectrum.

Sonya's tongue is also much, much, longer than the rest of her body - basically, she has a prehensile tongue. It's fifteen feet long, and very sticky. She can grab an object from a ways away, and suck it up into her mouth. Helped by the fact that her tongue is pretty strong, too. She's capable of using it to pull herself to another location quickly. As for frog/toad abilities, Sonya's hands take more reptile/frog like traits. They're webbed, and have the orbs in them, which assist in swimming, and secrete a liquid that allows her to cling to objects (Like tree frogs).

Sonya's back legs are powerful. Just monstrously strong. They're capable of sending her flying through the air, and landing perfectly. She's capable of jumping around thirty feet forward, and forty-five feet upwards. These powerful legs also help her swim much, much, faster. Sonya has the unique and remarkable ability of the wood-frog. Wood frogs live in the arctic, and have the amazing ability to survive being frozen for extended periods of time. Once her body temperature drops below freezing, her heartbeat and breathing will stop, and her internal water will freeze. She can stay this way for months - once she's unfrozen, she'll be good as new.

This is totally useless, but I'm noting it anyway! Sonya has the ability to change genders like frogs. With one thought, she'll begin the metamorphosis from female to male (Or vice-versa). It's a great party trick. Now, she doesn't have too many abilities that belong to the toad (that won't contradict the rest of her power). Sonya doesn't have too many traits from Caecilians. However, her mouth is full of rows and rows of needle-like teeth, and strong jaws. Capable of tearing someone's hand to shreds if she manages to grab a hold of them. In combination with all these Amphibians, Sonya has various sensory enhancements (Hearing, smell, and sight - along with a minor night-vision ability).

Also, she reproduces like a Surinam Toad. Have fun. :)​

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
      Sonya's body is soft, and and her skin is very easy to tear. Her skin is easier to cut with a blade, and her internals aren't as well protected as a baseline humans. Someone could tear her skin up with their hands (If they get a hold of her, that is). Landing the wrong way can tear her skin up. While she can regenerate, there's only so much it can take. Sonya's body requires constant moisture for her to keep functioning. Which basically means she'll have to dip into water every now and then to replenish her moisture. Staying on land too long will make her slime dry up, and her body will dehydrate. As a drawback of being cold-blooded, her body temperature must be regulated constantly. If her body gets too hot, then she'll dehydrate, and her metabolism will kick into overdrive. If she gets too cold, then she'll slow down, and get sluggish (Her reflexes will dim, and etc). While she can survive being frozen, she'll basically be in a coma, and will be utterly helpless.​

• Nothing to see here!

-Redacted while I fix the coding-

I'm interested if you're still looking for people

Course I would like more people.

Looks like the people I got from the interest check are gonna be no-shows. lol

I'm looking to do a power mimic type is it ok to have him already have a couple of copied abilities three one which is his own power if so give me a another day to put him together I am typing from my phone right now !

I'm still here just been busy and still haven't had time to read over everything. I really wish peeps would join this. This type of rp could be one that last for a long time.

Reactions: The Ghost Note
Same. I'm trying to think up a good ability too

I'm working on my sheets!

I'm typing up my sheet right now! But I just want to ask if having the power of Cybernetic Interface is cool? Also would that be elemental or...?

I'm typing up my sheet right now! But I just want to ask if having the power of Cybernetic Interface is cool? Also would that be elemental or...?

Well, depends on the details imo. It could be Mimicry... but, yeah. lol

I'm also working on a cast of seven whopping characters! But, I'll only feel motivated to do so if this gets traction.

I am interested but at the same time I am unsure if I can pick this up. Give me awhile to read everything over and I will likely have a CS up by Friday sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.