• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost Note

Man on the Moon II.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually when I'm not working, later on in the day.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Scifi, Modern, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Superpowers/Superheroes, slice of life with a twist.
4lbq9sM.png

kFiwUG6.png

|| Overview ||

Recruitment Status: Open (Like your mom's legs)

Players:

Currently looking for: N/A

Hey there, welcome to Academy 218. An RP that I made on the RPG not too long ago that was basically a Superhero school. This RP is apart of the Black Fall universe, therefore follows it's rules and it's setting. Basically, certain human beings have been blessed with an energy that gives them God-like powers. This RP in particular is about a cast of young Superhumans as they're sent to the illustrious Academy 218, and their adventures in the academy. Their trials, triumphs, and failures. I hope to create an interesting character driven RP with whoever is interested. But to do that, I wish to forge an interesting cast, with you. Yes, you. This RP will be character development and interaction heavy, so I ask that you create interesting, and well-developed, characters that I can hopefully make an interesting story with. I too will be making plenty of these characters.

• [1.01] The usual rules. No godmodding, metagaming, powerplaying, autohitting, etc.

[1.02] Swearing, alcohol, drugs, and sex are fully permitted in the RP long as you do not do it excessively.

[1.03] There will character deaths in this RP. By submitting a sheet, you acknowledge that your character will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. If your character does something dangerous, then they may get injured or die. Don't Godmod your way out of it. I won't purposely go out and kill characters (That I like), but I may purposely injure them for the sake of the story.

[1.04] You are required to post once a week or you will placed as inactive. But, please say if you're leaving the RP, especially if you're in the middle of any interactions/important subplots. Any inactive characters will be forgotten about, or killed off if they were significant enough to the story. However, everyone is free to do as they please with any inactive characters.

[1.05] I don't care too much about post length. I rather have a short meaningful post over one full of filler. That said, all I want is one paragraph. Just one. Be prepared for some long posts every now and then. However, I expect average writing at least. I also recommend that, once we get into the mix of things, you do plenty of collaboration posts.

• [2.01] Respect everyone else at all times, please. Solve conflict with civility. Last thing I want is for things to become toxic. The golden rule is: Don't be a dick.

[2.02] Me and my GMs have the final say. We aren't tyrants, but if things get out of hand, we'll have to settle things ourselves.

[2.03] I'd rather that we talk on the OOC as much as possible - even if it's irrelevant chatter. I makes the RP seem more lively, and keeps everyone attached to it. If you must, my information is in my sig.

[2.04] I tend to very critical when judging sheets - please don't take it as a personal attack.

[2.05] Feel free to ask about anything, anything. I'll happily answer them.

• [3.01] This is an advanced RP, I expect a moderate amount of detail when writing your sheet. Try not to make your characters too one dimensional. Just look at my sheets for example.

[3.02] You have a great deal of freedom when creating a character. You can make someone of any gender, sexuality, background, etc. Long as it's written respectfully. I will not accept characters with mental illnesses unless they are written correctly.

[3.03] I'm gonna say it now; I'm not a fan of sociopaths/psychopaths, dark and tragic backstories (Without proper mental repercussions), one-note "badasses", perfect characters, and any of the sort. So keep that in mind when planning your character.

[3.04] "Magic" does not exist in the setting. This RP will be mainly scifi with slight paranormal themes here and there.

[3.05] The following powers are banned; "instant death" powers, mind/character control, time powers, anything with "omni-" attached to it, reality warping, gravity manipulation, life-force absorption, complete indestructibility/absolute defense, and probability manipulation. I also will not accept characters that have powers that can only be used in a fight. If you want to know why these powers are banned, I'll tell you.

[3.06] I encourage a written description for the character's appearance section. If you must, you can provide a picture. It must be a real photo, or a realistically drawn one.

[3.08] Please don't post a "wip" sheet. Post the complete version or don't post it at all.

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
Yeah codes can be a bitch xD.

Yeah codes can be a bitch xD.

I couldn't get them to work and it started to piss me off (not you, the coding)

Well, yeah, I understand. lol

For some reason Iwaku likes to add lots of bolds to things, and that tends to fuck it up. It's gotten to the point where I just fill it out on google docs and test it on Iwaku.

@LogicfromLogic: This is more of a pet peeve of mine, but can you describe Noah's power in your own words? It jus irks me when someone links to Powerlisting. lol

• Useful
Reactions: Justin
For some reason, the sheet doubled most of the tabs. So, I personally was lost in the endless struggle of which tab to delete vs which coded for the ones I actually needed.

Also, I fixed the powers to be more descriptive/sciencey.

For some reason, the sheet doubled most of the tabs. So, I personally was lost in the endless struggle of which tab to delete vs which coded for the ones I actually needed.

Also, I fixed the powers to be more descriptive/sciencey.

You should look on the BB code editor for any extra coding (Especially around the extra tabs). That's what I realized was the problem.

And she's accepted.

@LogicfromLogic: This is more of a pet peeve of mine, but can you describe Noah's power in your own words? It jus irks me when someone links to Powerlisting. lol
You would hate me since I usually link. But I will describe powers for this xD.

Here's my second and last character a lil' crow babby!

• arOv9uz.png

• Name:
      Roman Jasper Sokolov

Nickname/Alias/Etc:
      Ro, Jasper, Jas
      Intended Alias - Nevermore

Height:
      6'2"

Weight:
      174 lbs

• Hair Color:
      Black

Eye Color:
      Hazel

Ethnicity:
      1/2​ Russian 1/2​ African American

Physical Appearance:
      Roman is a muscular young man, standing at 6'2 and weighing 174 lbs. He has a sort of imposing stature as he tends to loom. He has long wavy black hair that he ties into a bun with any sort of scrunchy he can find be it pink or polka dotted. Their are glittery black feathers mixed into his natural hair. He has thick angular eyebrows that make him appear pensive at all times. He isn't much for obvious facial hair, but he does have a light five o'clock shadow. His eyes are a piercing hazel and he has olive skin with a bronze tint.

Unlike his disregard for scrunchy uniformity, Roman has a strict clothing preference. He loves to wear sweaters in dark colors and he hates acid washed jeans or patterned t-shirts. Skinny jeans however and sometimes cargo pants suit him more and as for footwear he leans more towards converse or high tops. When it is too warm to wear sweaters, he settles for plain v-necks, or henleys with a dark blazer. He also likes to wear wool infinity scarves, but only in dark green, dark blue, grey or black.

Because he hasn't graduated yet, Roman doesn't have official costume but he plans to wear a loose black outfit, and army boots, complete with a black cowl and half mask.

• Innate & Outward Personality:
      Roman is a sassy little shit who will sooner deliver you a verbal slaying than say something nice. It's not as though he's incapable of doing so, but he just assumes the worst in people. He has major trust issues and will become suspicious of you if you're too nice to him. He prefers to be a lone wolf, but even wolves need a pack in the end, so he tries his best to make at least one friend. Unfortunately because he usually only makes one friend, he can get kind of clingy and irritating, and wildly jealous and possessive.

He is confident in his looks and will often comment on yours if he thinks you can improve in some way. He's an optimist at heart but a pessimist on the outside because he doesn't want people to know that he's been let down. He can be kind of juvenile when it comes to more 'mature' topics, and he's the type to giggle when a teacher says 'bosom' or 'groin'. He's also the type to zone out during class and respond to the teacher with serious snark when they call him out.

If you're blessed with the gift of his friendship, you'll find that he can be pretty nice and fun to talk to. He doesn't like to dwell on the bad things and will try to cheer you up if you're feeling down. You'll also find that he can be quite sensitive and is racked with guilt over what he did to his brother. When he thinks no one is looking (or listening), he'll have himself a good cry and ponder if his family will ever speak to him again.

Skills/Talents:
      Parkour: Roman spent most of his childhood running from bullies and his older siblings, so he knows how to use his environment to travel and with his new powers, it makes it even easier to scale leap from building to building.
      Boxing: He didn't pursue this recreational activity much as a child, but he remembers the basics and wants to start it up again. He could probably hold up against a nervous mugger or untrained asshole.
      Ballroom Dance: Not really a practical skill, but his mother insisted that all of her children know at least one 'classy' sport. This is probably the only thing he can do without looking like a fucking giraffe.
      Fluent in English and Russian
      Hair Styling and Cosmetology: Being the younger brother of four sisters gives you skills that are often unconventional if you're a boy in Russia, but Roman is good at doing hair and make up and since he's no longer in Russia, he's not ashamed of it. This is why his hair is always on point and he never has any facial blemishes.

History/Bio:
      Roman was born in Moscow, Russia to an unforgiving father and a strict but loving mother. He was the sixth child of seven and the third boy. He had four older sisters, two older brothers and one younger sister, but although they were many, the siblings weren't particularly close to one another. His brothers spent more time with the neighborhood hoodlums, his little sister was practically glued to their mother and Roman gravitated towards his older sisters, which his father did not tolerate. The Sokolov's were already ostracized for being a mix raced family, with Roman's mother being a black woman who originally came to study Russian architectural structure and stayed because she fell in love with Yuri, Roman's father. Yuri was a huge, imposing man who always followed the rules and loved anything normal. He was the type of father to discourage his daughters from playing too many sports and bulking up and encouraging his sons to get into fights and date pretty girls, so when he saw that Roman was finding things in common with his sisters, he decided to step in.

Roman didn't like his father. He loved him because he was required to, but he didn't like him. The man was brusque, cold and controlling. Anytime Roman wanted to go to the cinema with his sisters or help them get ready for an event, his father would drag him out to the local gym where he would force his son to take boxing lessons. Roman hated these lessons but wasn't allowed to leave until he landed at least three punches or the gym closed. In his ten years of forced gym excursions, Roman and his father only left early twice.

When Roman turned eleven, his dad had a stroke and became completely paralyzed. Roman was a little sad, but also happy because of his father's reign of terror on him was over. With his dad incapacitated, Roman dropped boxing and started hanging out with his sisters more. This made him and them quite happy, but it put a target on his back. When he was doing boxing, no one assumed anything about him but when he dropped it and kept being seen with a group of girls seeing chick flicks and fixing eyeliner, he began to get negative attention. Boys at school would steal his stuff, and attack him after school. His brothers would either turn a blind eye or join in the mob that chased him after school. What made things worse was when Roman's mother decided that she didn't like him spending so much time in his room so she enrolled him in a dance class. Roman enjoyed the class and actually excelled in it, but that didn't make things better at school. Other mothers had forced their boys into the class but they slacked off or jeered from the sidelines. However Roman was constantly praised by the teacher and popular with all sorts of girls who wanted to be his dance partner. So Roman was beat up after dance class and school almost every day for four years, until...The Incident.

The Incident happened when Roman was running away from the bullies at school and accidentally cornered himself. He had run up a flight of stairs and found himself at the top of a two story apartment with only two ways of escape; Down or across to the next building. In his panicked state, Roman didn't think the jump was that far and carelessly lunged without getting a running start, so of course he fell straight down. But instead of landing as a bloody mess on the pavement, he exploded into a flock of black birds. The crowd of boys who had been chasing him were awe struck, but soon screaming in terror and pain when the flock of birds that was Roman, turned into a swarm of angry pecking monsters. He dive bombed the boys, scratching and pecking at their eyes and any exposed skin. Most of the boys escaped with only a few scratches, but four sustained terrible injuries. One of those four boys, was Roman's oldest brother, Ivan. In his fear, anger and adrenaline from developing powers, Roman had pecked his brother's eyes out.

When the authorities finally came, Roman was arrested and sent to a juvenile facility for metahuman kids. The facility was funded by the government, but was manned by the meanest people who were so scared of the children that lived there, they constantly berated their features and baited them. Roman was there for two years before an official from the American embassy applied for his release because he was technically an American citizen due to his mother's American citizenship. Roman was sent to Academy 218 without every seeing his family again, most of whom did not want to speak to him because of what he did to his brother.

• Family:
      Yuri Sokolov - Father
      Jasmine Sokolov - Mother
      Alexandra Sokolov - Older Sister
      Victoria Sokolov - Older Sister
      Yuliya Sokolov - Older Sister
      Regina Sokolov - Older Sister
      Viktor Sokolov - Older Brother
      Daniel Sokolov - Older Brother
      Svetlana Sokolov - Younger Sister

Dynamics: (Relations with other characters - You don't have to put relation with family here.)

| Name Here |

| {Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral} | {Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)} | "Quote Here." |

[Description of Relationship]

• Power Classification:
      Super-System (Bestial)
      Cerebral Domination (Avian Manipulation)

Power:
      Corvidae Manipulation
      The power to control members of the corvidae family. (Crows, ravens, rooks etc.) He can summon these creatures and make them do his bidding.

Corvidae Physiology
      He has talons where his nails used to be and down feathers mixed into his hair. His eyes are also black and glittery like that of a raven. His bones are easily breakable and his stomach size has decreased to that of a bird's. He is also able to turn his body into a flock of crows/ravens/jackdaws etc to travel or dodge an opponent.

Limits:
      • It takes great concentration or a burst of strong emotion to control more than ten birds at a time, which Roman had only done once.
      • He can only control his birds in a 7 meter range at the moment, so if they fly out of it he loses control.
      • It takes a good deal of energy to assume swarm form and he must rest for at least an three hours, after assuming the form for a while.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
      His bones are frail, so a good punch will incapacitate him, he also cannot consume very much or most foods and he can't eat rice or bread because they'll swell in his stomach. If one of his swarm birds are captured then he might not be able to revert back to human form because technically the birds are his body parts. (Ex: A bird is captured and when he reverts to human form he doesn't have a hand.) He hasn't tested this out yet, but it is theorized that fire or a large amount of felines would destroy him in swarm form.

• He pretty much just eats trail mix all the time.
      • He hates cats.
      • He's pansexual (no he has not been and never will be attracted to a bird).
      • Like a member of the crow family, Roman has a tendency to pick up shiny things and hoard them. His room is a den of filth and he likes it that way.
      • He suffers from night terrors, but won't be aware of them unless someone tells him.

Last edited:
@Mundane Monster: His bird manipulation could be put under Cerebral: Domination, but he is accepted.

Yeah, I can ^.^ I was really tired when I wrote his sheet and had a long day. I'll set to it soon.

• tumblr_n385v6uYGJ1ruyorlo1_400.gif

Theo Arita

• Name:
      Theo Arita

Nickname/Alias/Etc:
      Theo. Just Theo.

Potential Alias: Unknown

Height:
      5'10

Weight:
      155 lbs

• FC: Vini Uehara

images

Hair Color:
      Dark brown, almost black

Eye Color:
      Brown

Ethnicity:
      Brazilian, Japanese

Physical Appearance:
      Theo is a young, limber male. He does not come across as someone capable of much brute force, as his frame is lean but well enough muscled from fighting (both street and MMA). His skin is tan, but fairer in the Winter and darker in the Summer. His eyes and some of his facial features give a hint of his Asian heritage from his father, but other than that, he tends to take after his Brazilian mother. His hair is thick and dark, but kept at a length just long enough to style. He has smaller gauges in his ears and a few tattoos down his forearm.

Attire:
      Theo definitely has a specific style. He has a tendency towards darker colors- blues and blacks, but he has a few neon colored articles of clothing. He is more than likely to be seen in a graphic tee and dark wash jeans along with some sort of jacket.

• Innate & Outward Personality:
      Theo, if he is being completely honest, will admit that he's pretty much a punk. Outwardly, he's kind of a brat who is way to big for his britches. He'll pick fights with people who annoy him. He likes to pretend that he doesn't need anyone, but he totally does. A few people always manage to make their way into his circles by showing him consistent friendship. Of them, he's fiercely protective of like an older brother. He tends to make pretty poor decisions, but he is enough of a quick thinker to get himself out of most problems.

While he seems kind of like an asshole on the outside, he really isn't.. When he's with friends, he's actually kind of enjoyable. He's goofy and a prankster. He loves to laugh and smile and enjoy himself. He seems more grouchy than he really is, and the thing is, he wants to make more friends, but he's just terrible at doing so.

Skills/Talents:
      • Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish. Conversational in Japanese.
      • Brawler, but also knows some Martial Arts (His father was insistent on some discipline).
      • Not much of a planner, more skilled at winging it and coming out on top.
      • Skilled at picking locks
      History/Bio:
      Theo was born to a Japanese-American father, Ken Arita, and a Brazilian mother, Lorena Sousa. To be honest, he was a product of one night stand gone wrong when his parents met in New York. His mother was only in the city for business. Nevertheless, they made it work. His parents never got married- in fact his mother stayed in Brazil, where Theo lived the first decade or so of his life. She was an ambitious woman, and he felt like he was being ignored He got to spend his summers with his father, who gave him undivided attention during his visits. At thirteen, he decided he was going to live in New York with his father. Theo expected his father to spend time with him like during the Summer.

While Ken loved his son, he was not able to spend as much time with Theo as he liked just like when he lived with his mother. Most of the time, Theo was out and about with his friends, whom he would consider his 'real family' (yeah he's totally bitter). There, he would do what he felt was necessary to protect them. That included getting into fights. His father tried to reign him in with various activities, and very few things stuck- MMA was one of them.

Around puberty, Theo's temper spiked. His parents did not seem to want to spend time with him, and he really just felt lonely. His powers first manifested themselves a couple of years later when he was in a fight with his father. Theo turned and punched the wall in anger, and he found himself making a dent into the brick wall on the other side of the plaster. His father, concerned, looked into resources that could help his son find his place while controlling his temper and powers. Initially, Theo did not want to come to the Academy. However, he finds himself sort of at home with his fellow meta-human peers.

• Family:
      Ken Arita (Father)
      Lorena Sousa (Mother)

Dynamics: OPEN! (Friend, Rival, Crush- Just pm me!)
      {Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral} | {Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)} | "Quote Here."
      [Description of Relationship]

• Power Classification: Super-System, Biological

Power:
      Theo can temporarily alter the composition of his skeleton through the manipulation of his bone structure/composition. He can increase the strength, density, and durability of his bones. This gives him increased force behind his hits, and his targets feel like they've been hit by steel block. He can also increase his skeleton's elasticity while decreasing strength and density. This is useful for fall large heights or distances. His body would have some give and his bones would not break upon impact.

Limits:
      Going in between different forms is extremely taxing, and one form can only be sustained for so long. The adrenaline from "fight or flight" instincts can allow for extended use. Otherwise, the form can only be sustained for a few hours.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
      He has an increased of weakness during the process of shifting his bones. If he broke a bone during this time, it would cause many problems- for instances, breaking a bone while increasing bone flexibility will potentially cause damage when shifting back to a normal state. Bone shards or breaks that were fairly benign in the pliant state could puncture or tear organs and cause internal bleeding once hardened.

• Theo is....
      • Bisexual
      • afraid of open water
      • allergic to pineapple
      • a lover of Winter.

Reactions: ch0sen1
So, life's thrown a few things my way. I won't be able to get a character together anytime soon, so I gotta ask. Will you still be accepting more characters once you get going?

So, life's thrown a few things my way. I won't be able to get a character together anytime soon, so I gotta ask. Will you still be accepting more characters once you get going?

Of course, we probably won't be closing unless we get a lot of guys.

@Luster: Accepted.

@LogicfromLogic: Accepted.

Sorry for not being around guys, I've been a little busy lately. I'll get my new characters up tonight.

• Thank You
Reactions: You
Of course, we probably won't be closing unless we get a lot of guys.

Thanks, that's good to know. I'll be working on a character when I can in the meantime

Sorry for not being around guys, I've been a little busy lately. I'll get my new characters up tonight.
How dare you have a real life! I thought people had to be online forever and never leave Iwaku. Diana won't be happy about her squad of evilings leaving. She needs everyone to take over the world!
tumblr_mukp9zgWBO1r70le6o1_500.gif
(End sarcasm) Real life before roleplay life friend, take the time you need ^.^

Once I get my sheets together, I'm going to make a big thread for all the characters because in between OOC chatting, it's going to be utterly impossible to properly find the sheets.

Once I get my sheets together, I'm going to make a big thread for all the characters because in between OOC chatting, it's going to be utterly impossible to properly find the sheets.
sign ups, definitely a thing that everyone does now. I think it even has a name tag thing... Character Index.

Status
Not open for further replies.