• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost Note

Man on the Moon II.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually when I'm not working, later on in the day.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Scifi, Modern, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Superpowers/Superheroes, slice of life with a twist.
4lbq9sM.png

kFiwUG6.png

|| Overview ||

Recruitment Status: Open (Like your mom's legs)

Players:

Currently looking for: N/A

Hey there, welcome to Academy 218. An RP that I made on the RPG not too long ago that was basically a Superhero school. This RP is apart of the Black Fall universe, therefore follows it's rules and it's setting. Basically, certain human beings have been blessed with an energy that gives them God-like powers. This RP in particular is about a cast of young Superhumans as they're sent to the illustrious Academy 218, and their adventures in the academy. Their trials, triumphs, and failures. I hope to create an interesting character driven RP with whoever is interested. But to do that, I wish to forge an interesting cast, with you. Yes, you. This RP will be character development and interaction heavy, so I ask that you create interesting, and well-developed, characters that I can hopefully make an interesting story with. I too will be making plenty of these characters.

• [1.01] The usual rules. No godmodding, metagaming, powerplaying, autohitting, etc.

[1.02] Swearing, alcohol, drugs, and sex are fully permitted in the RP long as you do not do it excessively.

[1.03] There will character deaths in this RP. By submitting a sheet, you acknowledge that your character will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. If your character does something dangerous, then they may get injured or die. Don't Godmod your way out of it. I won't purposely go out and kill characters (That I like), but I may purposely injure them for the sake of the story.

[1.04] You are required to post once a week or you will placed as inactive. But, please say if you're leaving the RP, especially if you're in the middle of any interactions/important subplots. Any inactive characters will be forgotten about, or killed off if they were significant enough to the story. However, everyone is free to do as they please with any inactive characters.

[1.05] I don't care too much about post length. I rather have a short meaningful post over one full of filler. That said, all I want is one paragraph. Just one. Be prepared for some long posts every now and then. However, I expect average writing at least. I also recommend that, once we get into the mix of things, you do plenty of collaboration posts.

• [2.01] Respect everyone else at all times, please. Solve conflict with civility. Last thing I want is for things to become toxic. The golden rule is: Don't be a dick.

[2.02] Me and my GMs have the final say. We aren't tyrants, but if things get out of hand, we'll have to settle things ourselves.

[2.03] I'd rather that we talk on the OOC as much as possible - even if it's irrelevant chatter. I makes the RP seem more lively, and keeps everyone attached to it. If you must, my information is in my sig.

[2.04] I tend to very critical when judging sheets - please don't take it as a personal attack.

[2.05] Feel free to ask about anything, anything. I'll happily answer them.

• [3.01] This is an advanced RP, I expect a moderate amount of detail when writing your sheet. Try not to make your characters too one dimensional. Just look at my sheets for example.

[3.02] You have a great deal of freedom when creating a character. You can make someone of any gender, sexuality, background, etc. Long as it's written respectfully. I will not accept characters with mental illnesses unless they are written correctly.

[3.03] I'm gonna say it now; I'm not a fan of sociopaths/psychopaths, dark and tragic backstories (Without proper mental repercussions), one-note "badasses", perfect characters, and any of the sort. So keep that in mind when planning your character.

[3.04] "Magic" does not exist in the setting. This RP will be mainly scifi with slight paranormal themes here and there.

[3.05] The following powers are banned; "instant death" powers, mind/character control, time powers, anything with "omni-" attached to it, reality warping, gravity manipulation, life-force absorption, complete indestructibility/absolute defense, and probability manipulation. I also will not accept characters that have powers that can only be used in a fight. If you want to know why these powers are banned, I'll tell you.

[3.06] I encourage a written description for the character's appearance section. If you must, you can provide a picture. It must be a real photo, or a realistically drawn one.

[3.08] Please don't post a "wip" sheet. Post the complete version or don't post it at all.

Reactions: Angelic Fusion

• Katie-Joy

• Name:
      Katelyn Joy Richards (That's Cat-i-Linn not Kate-Linn)

Nickname/Alias/Etc:
      KJ, Katie-Joy. Alias: Opino

Height:
      5'7"

Weight:
      124 lbs

• Faiht.jpg

Hair Color:
      Brown.

Eye Color:
      Mahogany Brown.

Ethnicity:
      Italian-American (Metahuman)

Physical Appearance:
      Bronze skin with very dispersed freckles around the bridge of her nose and crow's eyes. A bit on the forehead too. Lean body figure, light muscle layered on her that's visible.

Long brown hair to her traps, with strong calf muscles and curvy hips. Soft, delicate skin, yet seasoned and not prone to bruising or cuts.

She also has freckles on her forearms. Her lighter then common brown eyes are mainly the focal point of her facial features when looking at her, they give off both a warm and cold glow.

Attire:
      You almost always catch her with a pair of low cut vans sneakers on, other than that some low heeled boots. Fitted jeans and button ups are convention for the girl as well.

She doesn't wear a ton of accessories, only a gold roped necklace and two earrings the look like fangs. She very seldom wears female hard fashion such as dresses and crop tops, only when she has to. She's rather fond of those who can clean up however.

• Katelyn is rather curious by nature, not in the "curiosity killed the cat" way, but more along the lines of wanting to retrieve information about everything. She's very likely to have heard many conversations & studied the likes of knowledge for no reason at all.

She loves to know things, and doesn't even have to be involved to do so. Her mind is always a dimension above everyone else's. Her temperament is that of being independent and patient. She normally loves her privacy and likes to do things on her own and to her own accord.

She's not anti-social persay, she's somewhat shy in certain manners and would just prefer to engage someone internally as opposed to externally. Once she does this you'd think she was a completely different person at how outgoing and even humorous she can become around those who have broken past her timid surface.

She's selfless at times, capable of looking at the good of the many and not the self, despite her solitary nature. She's a very active girl otherwise, playing sports and also brain games to stay fit in all aspects of life. One thing she does not do though is lie, she's very honest and loyal.

Sometimes that means hurting someone's feelings and telling people what they NEED to hear, not want to hear. Once she stands by you, she's with you.

But of course this is upon her everyday, interactory life. In reality she's detached from most people's emotions. She looks in herself mentally and emotionally. This makes her seem aloof (which she is) and stuck up to outside people who haven't gotten to know the real her.

She can be cold at times, but that's only in the pretense that she's being annoyed to do something she doesn't want to do. She's very patient, but her peeves are forceful people, and disrespect. She is Italian after all. Even if someone tries to bring her back to Earth, she can be rather walled in.

She deals with combating this by attaching herself onto things to draw her attention towards (fads, hobbies, studies, etc.) when doing this, she becomes enthralled and thus won't be able to pull away from her subject of fascination. Basically, she's TOO drawn back to Earth in this case. Hot or cold.

In all matters business/professional related. She's generally a risk-taker, getting herself in situations she knows she can get out of. Her ambition is the drive of her intelligence, coming alive when faced with tedious circumstances. That same ambition will cause her to go crazy if she falls short.

Though she has a caring heart and affectionate side, she will rarely ever show it. No one would ever believe she's a romantic based on her demeanor, but her cold wall is a tower to hide her conflicting persona. What she also doesn't realize is that she's a natural flirt: sometimes she says things without thinking that would believe one to think they were affairs of an emotional connection.

This however does not register in her mind at all. Despite her refraining from that side, she contains sympathy which ties into her selflessness. She's a glass half empty sort of lass, always preparing for the worst and making others prove to her there's a best. She doesn't believe in positive energy unless it's after she sees something was worth it.

These conflicting traits all compile into her brilliant mind being portrayed as a contradictory, non-logical girl who somehow always seems to be justified by the actions she commits herself as opposed to the ideals behind them. She's a doozy.

Skills/Talents:
      Excellent tactician and always thinks ahead, She can cook like you wouldn't believe. Loves math and science & excels at the subjects (fan of theories), she also loves the arts for the interpretation. She's a jock underneath her exterior: The girl loves & plays all sports except for baseball (obsessed with extreme sports).

From this, she's flexible and has adept body control. She's known to have honeyed words and unintentionally very persuasive, both subtle and direct. With her abilities she's potent in combat (otherwise not that experienced), and by far the most known skill she has is her nexus of random and acquired information: Her brain.

She also speaks a mean Italian and Spanish fluently.

History/Bio:
      Katelyn was born and raised as a country-rural girl in St. Portwell. She was born to an Italian mother (Lena Castano-Richards) and a Caucasian father (Frank Richards). She was raised in the best of both worlds, getting the tea parties and dress up days with Lena, then going out into the world and exploring the realms of nature and sports with her dad Frank. It was here that she started to grow closer to her father, it not really being in her to become a girly girl and lounge around the house with her mother Lena, who met Frank in the states in college as a foreign exchange student. The two fell in love throughout undergrad and became married as she started to become naturalized. Katelyn was the one that was always watching and observing as a child, having full conversations to herself in her head. St Portwell was a small town, so back when they'd first moved there from Verthaven the community took notice to the 'outsiders' and their wealth, Frank coming into a good fortune from his family's fund and moving into a nice home in the woods near the shores of Oregon. He didn't have to a actual job due to his finance, but to create something for the community and do some good he opened up a raw materials manufacturing company, to sell and trade to locations in the community. People would come and buy raw gold for jewelry businesses, copper for wires and brass, metals for vehicle and infrastructure, you name it. Lena became a nurse at the St. Portwell Hospital after getting her medical degree. Together the two created a secure and comfty household for Katie, full of love and attention.

But that wouldn't stop Katie from the outside world. At the helm of the Metahuman rising, the world as well as St. Portwell begin to become antsy on the idea of knowing that anyone could be a walking god of nature in their own right. Conferences and media hysteria begin as DOVE and RAVEN were formed in the wake of situations like these. The Richards didn't have to worry, they were scott free in all this civil opposition, but that didn't stop her from being outcasted by the kids around town. Just because her mother wasn't a citizen (yet), and her father wasn't from there she was subject to names like Freak, Outsider, Meta, etc. Katie made cases that she wasn't, but as she grew up more and more, she realized she'd have to rely on herself. There wasn't a year where she was at least AB honor roll, and there wans't a year she played and excelled in all manner of athletic events. She began to make a good name for herself in St. Portwell, her sports teammates and a few classmates embracing her into their social circle because of her status. And then, at age 15...it all changed.

She began to have nightmares where she couldn't hear, see, feel, anything. They felt so real. She would scream to the top of her lungs to hear nothing, but only be woke up by both her parents with fearful looks on their faces, saying she was screaming so loud the whole block could hear. Her mother wanted her to get counseling at school for these nightmares, not knowing how a wealthy and secure girl like Kate could have internal repressions. Her father thought on a whole different level. He started to watch her closely. A year's time the nightmares turned into spurts of headaches and seeing things she usually didn't notice, to becoming more controlled and balanced than her usual athletic agility. When finally, one night after soccer practice, a girl on her team hazed her to the point of Katie getting upset, smacking the other girl. The girl beat Katie up with ease, but the entire time Katie felt no pain..in fact, it was the other girl who was slumped over in defeat, hurting. That's when St. Portwell knew their town student-athlete was much more. She was Metahuman. She was instantly disqualified from athletic play, as her life begin to spiral into anger and confusion. That was when Frank invited her to his company after hours, Richards Materials. He gave her a speech of her life: About destiny, about purpose, about walking your own path and forging your own ideals and truths. Making your own material from what life already gave you. He then placed his hands on a rod of Copper, changing it to Titanium. That's when it all made sense, and she knew. She was the daughter of a Meta, and her powers were coming of age. The two bonded and grew closer than ever before, with her seemingly major teen angst problems now seeming so insignificant. She couldn't play sports for St. Portwell High anymore, but there was one place she could go. A place that offered unconditional acceptance. The Academy. So at 16, Katelyn was admitted into the Academy, and the past two years have been better: she's learned her powers, she knows the path...but she has yet to find the purpose. Inside she's still more of the same, but she's a patient girl. She awaits the day her path becomes clear. In the meantime, boo classes.

• --

Family:
      Frank Richards - Father
      Lena Richards - Mother
      Valerie Richards - Aunt
      Crystal Royal - Great Aunt

Dynamics:

Jasmine Woods - Rival
      Ms. Newsome - Favorite Teacher (If approved)
      Theo Arita - Secret Crush
      Roman Sokolov - Good Friend

• Power Classification:
      --

Other - This has been placed in Other due to the data suggesting Katelyn has an ability that contains Cerebral: Domination , Power: Charger, and Super-System: Biological, as she can increase senses of hearing and vision which is biological, yet also increase and reduce balance in others as well on a mental nature as opposed to genetic.

Power:
      SENSE AFFECTION - Katie has focused control over the senses of herself and others within her environment, including sight, smell, hearing, touch, taste, balance, and pain. This allows her to freely alter and manipulate her senses. She can enhance, reduce or remove them temporarily or permanently, protect herself or others from being overwhelmed, cause offenders to also have increased or reduced senses, or prevent them from sensing her with their own senses. Under intense focus, she cause and/or remove sensory ailments, one example being her nullifying the taste of a Ghost Pepper in her mouth so it won't be hot, or a more fun example, making someone else taste the Ghost Pepper. Katie can also be used to increase her friends' senses. Note however it would take extreme levels of focus and skill to enhance everyone's senses at the same time, so she has to pick her senses and people wisely. It's easy to increase all of her own senses, but add more people, she may become more selective to using her skills. The same can be applied to reducing foes senses as well.

Limits:
      She has a radius field in which her sense affection works. She can only increase one specific sense in others at a time to a degree. She can completely eliminate all senses from herself and another person, but in no other situation will she do this.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
      Can only affect the senses of herself completely. She cannot simultaneously increase or reduce anyone else's senses altogether except her. She can only affect one sense at a time outside of herself. Users of an increased sense intellect, or others who have senses that of a non-human system would possibly be able to defeat sense affection.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ch0sen1: Very good. There's a few coding errors in the sheet, but, honestly, I can't make the coding on this site work for the life of me so I'm going to let it pass. But, I think she's interesting and well rounded.

But, I have to note that the callsigns are mostly for RAVENS, but if you want to give yourself one, then, go ahead.

I have a character in the works (I.E I am trying to fix her damn coding, and decide on her) that we could totally tie with Katelyn. Since they're both going to be sporty girls... I'll discuss this in PMs if you'd please.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

• movOCQE.png

• Name:
      Jasmine Carolina Woods.

Nickname/Alias/Etc:
      Plant-Girl

Height:
      5'4

Weight:

• Hair Color:
      Brown

Eye Color:
      Brown

Ethnicity:
      African - Ethiopian

Physical Appearance:
      Jasmine is a very pronounced teenager in terms of appearance. It's because of her pronounced looks because of her Ethiopian heritage. She just has that distinct Ethiopian facial shape. That means that Jasmine here is African-American to her very bone. Afro-textured hair, brown-skin, thick lips, and of course the African facial-shape. She has a slightly nerdy vibe about her because she is utterly blind without her glasses, and hates the fact that she has to wear them. However, the girl is much more in line with urban girls. It's the way she dresses and acts, after all. Jasmine has the aura of a model, mostly because she loves to pose, and take pictures of herself. She's a girl that loves to be in tip-top shape, instead of being a slob. Because of this, the girl's body is pretty well-toned from exercise and the biz. She has the build of a runner because she's a track runner in school. The rest of her body is well-toned because of yoga-stretches, and body building.

All of this means that Jasmine is a tad muscular. Almost like she is aiming to become a model. She does have a bit of body-fat, and all it does is make the girl curvier. I'll go into that later. The girl isn't painfully tall at five-three, but her build more than makes up for it. She has a pear body-shape, instead of the famed hour-glass - but she makes it work. With her lower body being the wider part of Jasmine, her breasts aren't anything to write home about at 34B, but her hips and behind are wide. Her perfectly round behind is the butt of many jokes.

Jasmine walks with a swagger in her step, and sways her hips left and right. She definitely gives off the aura of a vain female with all the looks she gives people that tells them she's the queen bee. Though, she certainly has a playful side. It shows when she smiles - and that's only when she's around the people she trusts very much.

• Innate & Outward Personality:
      A tad abrasive. Jasmine is a girl that is very vain and haughty about her talents, and appreciates all the love and admiration for being St. Portwell's finest child. She has a lot of confidence in herself, and the skills to back it up, of course. She's normally laid back until someone sets off that flaming temper of hers, then she turns into a screaming maniac that is blunt as hell. Like, she'll give people the most savage verbal beatdowns on the planet. Jasmine is blunt in general, but honestly, she mostly reserves that for the people who annoy her the most. She speaks in a casual and friendly manner, and uses the lingo and slang you'd expect a eighteen year old to use. Not overly energetic, but she puts enough passion into her interactions that leaves a good first impression. Usually putting on a confident smirk. Certainly playful and confident with other people, and tends to spout jokes, and the sorts. Jasmine is so confident in herself that, when she makes a mistake, she owns up to it, and takes full responsibility for it. Most importantly, looking down on people who don't.

Skills/Talents:
      Now, Jasmine's main claim to fame is her insane natural talent for sports. Since the moment she picked up a basketball, she was shown to be a rising legend in the sports field, and it doesn't even stop there. While Jasmine is talented at Basketball, she is also pretty damn good at track running, and soccer. She moves like a literal blur. Modeling is also a talent of hers... she's very good at posing.

History/Bio:
      Jasmine was born in St. Portwell as the only daughter of two upper-middle class parents. Jasmine, due to her upbringing, had a headstart to pick her hobbies. She was always a ball of energy... like, she was a limitless supply of it. Which caused her to act out without any real outlet. It would be years before anyone would even think of putting Jasmine in a sport. She was made to join her school's basketball team, and became the team's star player in no time. With nothing but talent alone, she demolished the other schools with ease, and became a legend in Philadelphia in no time. Earning her a spot with the popular kids. She also joined the track team, and a friend of hers taught her how to play soccer. That was the start of her arrogance, since she was so much better than sports than everyone else, doesn't that mean she's a fundamentally better person? Though, Jasmine was an average student, she got by with them average grades. Once school was over, Jasmine spent most of her time practicing for real so she can join the WMBA. She also picked up modeling as something to do to get her more exposure.

However, a great change occurred, and she developed her plant abilities at sixteen. It was a slow transformation into a plant that occurred over several years that not even DOVE could explain until it was finished, and Jasmine was a living plant. At the suggestion of DOVE, she joined the Academy program and was sent away to Academy 218.

• Family:
      Vanessa Woods.
      Andrew Woods.

Dynamics:
      TBA

• Power Classification:
      Elemental: Mimicry.

Power:
      Chlorokinetic-Physiology.
      Jasmine has an interesting body, she is a walking, living, breathing plant in a human shape. She can turn her body into any plant or vegetation imaginable, shaping it into weapons, extra-limbs, and so forth. She can also create any consumable plant or vegetable by willing it. Her biology is also drastically different from humans, it's more of plant biology. In place of blood, she has various plant liquids (Water, Green Chlorophyll, Etc) constantly being transported. She doesn't have a circulatory system like humans do. Jasmine has a vascular system, that that is similar to the blood vessels in animals. However rather then having a heart to move her fluids about; other forces are utilized (Root pressure, etc). Therefore she has no heartbeats, breaths, etc.

Her biology/body is drastically different from humans, but still retains a few key features that allows her to function/appear as a human. Jasmine "breathes" through her skin, and she can create oxygen in the process. It's simple, she breathes by 'inhaling' carbon dioxide and 'exhaling' oxygen, creating a constant amount of oxygen for everyone to use! Now, if you're wondering about heat, stop right there. Jasmine isn't frigid. If you're wondering why, with her differing biology (and metabolism that doesn't constantly produce heat) is that some plants produce Alternative Oxidase. Which, in short, produce heat in response to cold areas to stay alive. So, essentially, how warm she is depends on how cold it is. If she's in snow, she can actually get hot enough to melt slow - otherwise, her temperature remains low.

Sorry, I was getting a little too science-y. Because of her alternate biology, she has a form of regeneration. By forcing her body to grow new plant matter to repair damage. Depending on what's damaged, this can be near instantaneous. Usually it's automatic and body-wide, but she can selectively regenerate any part of her body. She can also draw/absorb other plant matter to repair the damaged tissue. Replacing a lost limb is elementary. Jasmine is resistant to diseases and toxins. Some plants deal with infection/poison by simply killing off the infected tissue and expelling it before it spreads. She'll lose a bit of matter, but Jasmine can quickly regenerate the lost tissue. She can control and secrete pheromones that are generated from plants, which can allow her to draw a swarm of insects to herself, or repel them. Useless ability, but is cool to have.
      Chlorokinesis.
      Jasmine also has a connection to other plants. She can sense them in the immediate area, and instinctively gain information about them (which part of their life cycle they're in, what kind of plant they are, etc, etc). Jasmine can also sense through them if she focuses. You see, to an extent, plants can feel, smell, and taste (There's also a theory that they can hear, but nah). Well, it's mostly limited to other plants. Plants can feel, and Jasmine knows what they feel. Such as a gust of wind, or someone touching them, she has long learned the difference. Now, Jasmine can do the usual manipulation of plants other than herself.

She can freely manipulate the growth and size, and exercises precise control over them. Making them grow to exponential levels in mere seconds. She can control wood, vines, plants, moss and fungus, and parts of the plants, such as leaves, seeds, fruits and flowers. She can use the plants around her to both attack and defend herself from harm. Her ability requires her feet be on the ground, otherwise her control is severely weakened. She generally exerts physical force by stomping her feet or digging her fingers into the soil, to increase her power to amazing levels. Jasmine can basically control all plants, and is all powerful in woods. Not too much to describe here, since you should already know what she can do.
      Chlorokinetic-Resurrection.
      Her last ability, to make her even more overpowered, is Plant-Based Resurrection. In short, if she dies, her body withers away and turns into dust, then a little seed comes out. If this seed is currently in contact with soil, it'll dig itself in. Then the seed will grow another body over the course of a few days. She'll return to an earlier age, the exact point where she got her powers back in her teens. She's functionally immortal. Of course, if she isn't by dirt, then someone will have to plant it or else she'll be in her dormant seed state either either the seed decays, or it's destroyed.

Limits/Weaknesses:
      Jasmine's body is very frail and easy to damage, while she can turn into wood, that isn't the most durable material. She can get destroyed very easily, but fortunately, she can regenerate. Jasmine is weak against plant destroying elements such as fire, lightning, ice, and poisons. Fire and heat are her primary weakness, however. If she's on fire, her regeneration will be severely slowed until the flame is extinguished. Getting burned to ash can also kill Jasmine for good. Jasmine's strength depends on how many plants are around, if she's in a desolate area, she's not that hard to beat. Mostly because she's not that powerful by herself. If she's deprived of sunlight for too long, then she'll become sluggish and slow - Eventually she'll shut down and remain dormant until she gets sunlight again.

She needs to be without sunlight for a day or so for this to occur. However, if she uses up all of her energy by using her powers, and is without sunlight for a long period of time, she'll go dormant anyway. If she's deprived of water, then her body will dry up and begin to wither and will gradually lose access to her plant powers, until she dies and reverts back to a seed. Jasmine can be killed for good if someone were to destroy her seed, or if she dies by burning to death. Her resurrection can be interrupted if someone damages her in the process of growing a new body. If her body is destroyed during this process, she'll revert back to a seed.
    • [/b]

Last edited:
@ch0sen1: Very good. There's a few coding errors in the sheet, but, honestly, I can't make the coding on this site work for the life of me so I'm going to let it pass. But, I think she's interesting and well rounded.

But, I have to note that the callsigns are mostly for RAVENS, but if you want to give yourself one, then, go ahead.

I have a character in the works (I.E I am trying to fix her damn coding, and decide on her) that we could totally tie with Katelyn. Since they're both going to be sporty girls... I'll discuss this in PMs if you'd please.
Sure thing!

• gxnwYOu.png

• Name:
      Lydia Eve Sparrow

Nickname/Alias/Etc:
      Lyds, Eve, Evie
      Alias - Cyberpunk

(What she would go by if she ever left the Academy)

Height:
      5'4"

Weight:
      112 lbs

• Hair Color:
      Platinum Blonde (formerly black but the change altered her hair pigment) She dyed one layer of her hair pastel rainbow.
      Reference: Hidden rainbow hair

Eye Color:
      Hazel

Ethnicity:
      Indian

Physical Appearance:
      Lydia is a tiny, waif like girl, standing at a mere 5'4 and weighing 112 lbs, although she wants to gain more muscle. She has long platinum blonde hair that used to be shiny black before she hit puberty and gained her powers. If the wind were to blow her hair, you would see the hidden pastel rainbow underneath the blonde locks. Lydia has hazel eyes that seem to have yellow specks when she uses her powers. The girl wears a permanent deer in head lights look on her face and has a tendency to chew on the pads of her fingers, making them look worn and generally unsightly. Her skin is dark brown with a golden tint.

Her preference in fashion varies on the weather, location and mood she is in. Sometimes she likes to wear cute dresses with bows and brooches. While other days she'll wear over sized sweaters, patterned legging and clunky boots. She hates wearing hats and will only do so if you badger her enough, and even then she'll only wear knit caps, as she despises baseball caps and beach hats. She isn't one for make up either, not because she dislikes it but because she can never remember to not touch her face or let give her nails time to dry.

When she is using her powers, she phases into a digital streak of green cubes as she enters the nearest electronic device. The streak looks more like a swarm then a person, but if her course is interrupted or altered, she will briefly take on the shape of a human before reverting to her natural form or continuing in her digital form.

Lydia is a skittish child and prefers to watch before she interacts. She shies away from the spotlight if many people are around, but does not mind praise from someone she admires or loves very much. She is quite naive and childish when it comes to making decisions or reacting to others. She is a coward in the sense that when faced with conflict or having to make a big decision she will jump into a device to ignore her problems. She hates being yelled at and withstands most abuse with an averted gaze or mumbling, but if pushed, she will explode with sometimes nonsensical verbal abuse (i.e "You stupid goddamn freaking stupid laser shooting stupid!"). If she's really mad, she'll try for a sucker punch, but she isn't very strong physically and will probably hurt herself more than source of her anger.

Inside, Lydia is still pretty skittish but she's bold in her mind. She often imagines scenarios where she stood up for herself or did something strikingly awesome. She has a very distinct sense of humor (corny pick up lines, people slipping and falling etc) and her favorite form of amusement is watching cute animals or reaching through computer screens and scaring her friends. To her closest friends, she is very loyal but not very proactive, although she tries to make up for it by scouring the internet for their favorite entertainment. (i.e come to her for bootleg movies sans FBI intervention).

Skills/Talents:
      Knitting: Lydia can knit almost anything and loves to. For her friends she knits warm sweaters, hats and scarves. For the people she hates, she knits them creepy knit animals, voodoo dolls or foul messages on pretty material.
      Data Analysis: Being a tech savvy girl, Lydia is a pro at analyzing and interpreting data at a quick pace.
      Coding: When she's bored Lydia makes apps for fun, and is pretty damn good at it.
      Old Fashioned Researching: Sometimes the internet isn't the only answer so Lydia uses the original information source; Books. It may take her a little longer, but she can retain a lot of information.
      Figure Skating: Before she got her powers, Lydia was on the ice skating track. Figure skating to be precise. Despite being clumsy on dry land, she is quite graceful on the slippery alternative.

History/Bio:
      Lydia was born in London as the youngest child of the Sparrows, a quaint family of three (now four). Her life was pretty simplistic and she didn't have many worries, as she was just a regular kid. Her father was a physician and her mom was a freelance artist. Her sister, Janet was a gymnast prodigy at only four years old and Lydia wanted to be just like her. Unfortunately, Lydia had a case of stage fright and clumsiness when executing just about any action. She wanted to be the kid that followed her older sibling everywhere, and copied their every move but she just wasn't physically capable. Being the older sibling, Janet wasn't quite so fond of the attention and considered her sister a nuisance and constantly rejected her. After about three years of hard rejections from the person she looked up to most, Lydia began to forge her own way and figure out what she was good at. Her parents indulged her search and tried to help her, but the things they were interested in bored her to know end. It was only in her fourth year of elementary school that she discovered her true talent; Figure Skating. It was an accident really, she'd been walking home from school in the snow, desperately trying to keep up with the fast pace of her sister, when she'd lost her footing and found herself lying on the hard ice of the nearby lake. She hadn't discovered her talent just then, that would be absurd, but she did find herself enthralled by the smooth unmarked ice that she wanted to adorn with marks from a skate. After that fateful day she began taking figure skating classes and skating in all of her free time. It was revealed that she had a natural talent for the fashionable sport and her parents allowed her to compete in local competitions. Yes...Everything was going swell until Lydia broke her leg, trying to execute an advanced move that her coach warned her not to attempt.

Embarrassed by her failure and heartbroken that she might not be able to compete again, Lydia became a bit of hermit at only eleven years old. As she couldn't walk and her school didn't have any accommodations for handicapped people, Lydia was allowed to learn at home until she was able to walk again. Her grief at potentially losing her one an only talent caused her to lash out at her family and friends when they tried to comfort her until eventually all but her close family began to keep their distance.

Lydia became a computer nerd while isolated and began expand her social circle through the net. She began to take interest in coding, programming and data analysis. She got her sister to bring her books from the library, so she could reinforce her knowledge.

The night of her twelth birthday, Lydia went through puberty. And this might not be so odd, if she had just woke up with a period, but the thing is...She didn't. Instead she woke up in a place that she was all too familiar with but didn't think was possible to reach; Her favorite game, Legends of Helga, a fantasy viking game that she was obsessed with. Lydia found that she was now the main character and that her healing leg, was completely fine. At first she panicked, horrified that she was trapped in her game with no way to escape, but then a shadow fell over her--well the entire world to be exact, and Lydia realized that if she focused hard enough, she could see outside of the game, and her sister was staring down at her. "JANET HELP ME!" She had screamed and lunged forward and out of the computer screen, effectively scaring the shit out of her big sister and prompting her parents to send her to the Academy.

So Lydia had been at the Academy for two years, and so far likes the arrangement and doesn't plan to leave it even after graduation. But that might change.

• Family:
      Noah Sparrow - Father
      Eleanor Sparrow - Mother
      Janet Sparrow - Older Sister

Dynamics: (Relations with other characters - You don't have to put relation with family here.)

| Name Here |

| {Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral} | {Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)} | "Quote Here." |

[Description of Relationship]

• Power Classification:
      Elemental (Mimicry)
      Power:
      Cybernetic Interface
      The ability to travel through electronic devices as digital code. Lydia can use computers, smartphones, Smart TVs, video games etc to travel. She can travel into devices that are turned off and turn them on. She can use said devices to speak or she can manipulate them to alter their function or send false messages from the owner of the device. She is able to reach out of devices and touch others (to either scare them or hurt them), although her effectiveness depends heavily on the element of surprise and if her victim is weaker than her, as she herself is physically weak. She is also able to search the internet at a rapid pace and heal herself while in digital form.
      Limits:

• She is unable to travel through or manipulate offline devices, or older devices such as radios or walkie talkies.
      • She cannot hide in a device for more than two hours, after exceeding the time she is forcefully expelled from the device.
      • While searching the internet or someone's computer history, if a firewall blocks her path she may not be able to bypass it or break it down depending on how strong or developed it is.
      Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
      Lydia is physically weak and does not know any self defense tactics other than running like hell. She cannot transform into code when she is wet or drained of energy. After having been in code form for awhile, when she reverts back she may begin to speak in programming code (1s and 0s) for about fifteen minutes. She is also susceptible to being hacked or infected with a virus. If hacked, she may begin to follow the instructions of the one who has hacked her. And if infected by a virus, she could become seriously ill and even die. She is also very sensitive and can be incapacitated by a few harsh words.

• She has a Yorkie named Slushie.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch0sen1
@ch0sen1: She is accepted btw. Jasmine is the character I was referring to. I was thinking that she could be a bully for Kate, and just an overall antagonist for her (Perhaps we can come up with something that'd make the hate less one sided).

@Mundane Monster: Also accepted. Very nice power.

Give me some time to finish the rest of my characters. Next up are a pair of ice-themed brothers.

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
@Mr Allen J
Yaaaay!

Also how many characters are we allowed to have?

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Is it okay for me to post my finished teacher for approval?

• 200.gif

Joanna Newsome

• Name:
      Joanna Jane Newsome

Nickname/Alias/Etc:
      Jo, Ms. Newsome

Height:
      5' 6

Weight:
      125 lbs

• [FC:Lyndsey Fondseca
      lyndsyfonseca300.jpg

Hair Color:
      Brown

Eye Color:
      Blue-green

Ethnicity:
      White American

Physical Appearance:
      Joanna is a young, fit white woman in her mid-20s. Her form is slender, but there is some muscle definition from her passion for running. Her skin is fair. She has a small scar on her chin from falling down as a toddler. Her most notable feature is her eyes.

Attire:
      Joanna sticks to fairly feminine attire. Her wardrobe consists of skirts and blouses for work. She is slightly more casual when she's not working, but not by much. In her down time, when she's laying in bed and staying at home, she sticks to jeans or yoga pants and t-shirts.

Joanna, like most, is an interesting being. Yet, one thing that can be said for certain: she is a giant dork. She likes to make terrible dad jokes and puns, and she sometimes snorts when she laughs. Most of the time, she is incredibly mellow and speaks in a soothing tone. However, when she laughs, it is one of those full body- I totally mean it- kind of laughs. Her whole body shakes and her face draws up into a smile so far, that her face will begins to hurt.

When she's not smiling, chances are she is trying to comfort someone. Her voice gets really soft, and her eyes crease in sympathy while trying to hold back tears. She's an exceptionally tactile person, so if a student is having a not great day, she has to resist the urge to sweep them up in a hug. She's a total coddler and usually will not push anyone too hard, because she would feel horrible afterwards, especially if it causes anyone any stress.

One flaw is that Joanna is very sensitive. She does not enjoy being yelled at or really criticized. As someone who deals with many emotions, she is very emotional. As a whole, she is very patient. However, when she feels as though someone is keeping her from doing her job (herself or others), she can get very frustrated. Jo does not have a good poker face, and good, bad, or indifferent, she wears her heart on her sleeve.

Quirks/Things she loves-
      • In her day to day, she quotes random things from Classic Lit, movies, to Kayne West lyrics from his newest album.
      • She really loves ducks
      • Dad Jokes and Puns
      • Pretending she's funny

Skills/Talents:
      Able to diffuse difficult situations, compassionate, fluent in Spanish, exceptionally patient, quick runner, and good listener.

History/Bio:
      Joanna was born to two very loving parents, Ted and Diane in San Francisco, California. They had minor cerebral powers that transferred to their oldest daughter and began to manifest itself soon after birth. When either parent was stressed, Joanna responded in kind. Likewise, when they were calm and content, their daughter reflected that good mood.. Jo's sister, Heather, was born two years later. Heather too developed a minor cerebral gift as she was able to transfer images from her own mind to someone else with physical contact. Beyond that, Heather and Joanna grew up as best friends. Heather radiates energy and excitement that fits with Joanna's calm joy.

Joanna's high school years truly shaped her desire to help others. Being sensitive to feelings of others, Joanna was friendly and kind to those who needed it. As a result, she was fairly well liked and respected amongst her peers. One day, she noticed an intense feeling of despair and mental exhaustion. Deciding to do something about it, she reached out to one of her classmates and offered to listen. Jo listened and listened to the girl's troubles and loneliness, and then, held her as she cried and reaffirmed that she mattered. Joanna would check in on her every day. The meta-human never wanted anyone to feel horrible, ever. And so, she was resolved to help everyone through life's difficult moments.

After high school, Jo went to Stanford and majored in English (Literature being a deep love of hers) and Psychology with a focus on teaching while also running on the track and field team. After she got her undergraduate degree, she went on to become a counselor, knowing that she either in the classroom or one-on-one, she wanted to help young people. She taught for two years, before being invited to the Academy to teach both English and an Emotional Wellness course. (If approved)

• Family:
      Thomas Newsome (Father)
      Diane Newsome (Mother)
      Heather Newsome (Younger sister)

Dynamics: OPEN! :)
      {Impression (Good/Bad/Neutral} | {Relationship (Friend, Rival, Crush, etc)} | "Quote Here."
      [Description of Relationship]

• Power Classification: Cerebral
      Power:
      Joanna is an empath who can feel others' emotions and manipulate them if there is physical contact. Her core empath ability works by reading signals that the brain sends throughout the body. Messages can be received relatively easily as compared to sending one back, so there is no need to be in contact in order to experience others' emotions. Joanna's body is sensitive to those chemical processes, and so, her brain will amplify it back to her.

The manipulation is done by increasing hormones that are linked to mood and well being- dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, noadrenaline,etc. Others are not sensitive enough to experience anyone else's emotions- their brains cannot tap into the chemical signals that are bouncing between receptors or recognize open brain "communication" between two different individuals like Joanna's can. Thus, touch is necessary for the the non-empath's brain to register an impulse to transfer from Joanna to the recipient. This impulse "message" travels up the system, and then, the brain responds accordingly with the emotion. The stronger the impulse, the stronger the reaction will be.

Limits:
      Physical contact is necessary in order to manipulate another's emotions.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
      Can be overcome with intense emotion (ie- if someone is exceptionally angry, Joanna is influenced by that).
      This lessens with time, she is much more capable of stabilizing her own emotions as an adult as compared to a child. However, this is not fool proof, as she is still susceptible, and if she does not take steps to realign her own feelings, she will adopt someone else's anger or sadness as her own. If this happens, she is fairly useless. Her power is not combative by nature, so neither is she really.

Last edited:
I'm working on some male students as well.

@Luster: I literally can't see anything on that sheet without highlighting it. Can you change the background?

• Thank You
Reactions: Lusterine
Hopefully, that should fix it.

Edit: Fixed again! This time with science!

Last edited:
@Luster: I just want a little bit more detail in the power section. You were pretty vague with the whole ability, and I'm mostly curious about the manipulation of emotions.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lusterine
@ch0sen1: She is accepted btw. Jasmine is the character I was referring to. I was thinking that she could be a bully for Kate, and just an overall antagonist for her (Perhaps we can come up with something that'd make the hate less one sided).

@Mundane Monster: Also accepted. Very nice power.

Give me some time to finish the rest of my characters. Next up are a pair of ice-themed brothers.
Thanks, I tried to make my profile a bit more readable now.

Ok I have work tomorrow and the next day and the next day... but saturday night I will read over everything and then work on chars. I really wanna make a lot of chars but with work and all that I might only be able to make like two chars.

Noah Corbin
tumblr_o67c4mTK4o1qa32meo1_500.gif

Name: Noah Brier Corbin
Nickname/Alias/Etc: Siren
Sexual Orientation: Questioning Bisexual
"Honestly, there are some days that I am sure that I am straight, then there are times i am sure I am gay. It's taking me a lot longer to figure myself out, I'm not ashamed of it. I think for the most part, people have forgotten that the world isn't just black and white. People need to learn how to love again, learn how accept those who are different than them. This is why discovering who you are is so hard for people."

Physical Appearance
Height: 6'0
"Trust me, it's strange being this tall in a family that's only in the five foot area. Or going to a reunion and realizing that I am the tallest damn thing there, I look like a guinea pig among hamsters."
Weight: 164
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel
"No, that does not mean that my eyes change colour like a mood ring. My eyes are light brown, nothing more."
Ethnicity: Japanese, French, English
Noah has tan skin, it's debated whether or not he's got something more than Japanese, French and English in him. His skin is clear of blemishes, and seems rather clear. though there are parts of his skin that is tougher than others due to his past in hard labour.

He's got these rather large strong hands that seem to really fit him not just appearance wise. He's not too muscular despite his hard work on his body. He's still got a stomach to him that is natural to his body type, his chest does have some definition. He's got a large scar across his chest that looks like a butterfly at an angle, though he keeps it very well covered up.

His black hair is very thick ad sometimes hard to manage. It always seems that he's got a cow-lick sticking up in the back, much to his frustration. He keeps his beard neat and trimmed, surrounding his mouth and chin.
Picture
2ee03a3e595806174309c281d5beb475.jpg

casual-dressy-mens-funeral-outfit-vest.jpg

Innate & Outward Personality

Noah could be seen as rather subdued man at times. However, he is far from subdued as much as he is a listener. He pays attention to everything around him, so anything someone says is heard. He's calm and easy going, tends to steer away from large crowds of people because he finds them to be a pain.

However, that does not mean by any stretch that he'll remain silent when people need his help. When he speaks up, it's for an important reason. He believes staying silent during atrocities that are happening is the root of evil. "Silence does not help those who are being attacked."

He's not without his harsh side however, as kind as he is he believes that if his students are not pushed past their limits they will never learn to step out of their comfort zone. He doesn't come off as very compassionate in many ways, he has gotten a bad rap for being a stern teacher. But for those who bother to try, and who keep on going, they realize what he's trying to do for them.

He's a strong man who holds to his convictions, but is also very scared of making any kind of mistake. He has a hard time admitting when he's made one, but will do whatever he can to fix it. He's honest and serious, when he on the rare occasion offers a threat, it should be heeded as the truth. He doesn't bluff, and tends to push people who aren't serious into the light. If you threaten him, he will make sure you will ever do it again. He can respect those who follow through with their words.

He's not a very trusting man, it takes a very long time to gain his loyalty. And once lied to, he will ever trust that person again. Though it might not seem possible, but he's rather sensitive. He doesn't take very well to people insulting him, though he'll force himself to ignore his emotions.

He's not quick to temper, it takes a lot to set this man off but once triggered he's a brute to deal with. He's not much into physical violence as much as digging through and finding a way to manipulate someone to his advantage once he feels he needs to.

As far as romantic personas go, he's a very loving person. He has deep passions for the ones that he loves, and bends over backwards for his lover.

He's scared of losing people and gets very defensive when people bully others. If he catches any wiff of cruelty in his classroom or in the halls, the bullies are in for a rude awakening. He doesn't handle the sight of blood or violence very well however, in fact it seems to jar him rather horribly.

That gives a little insight to who he is but I don't want to do too much here, I want to roleplay him out.

Skills/Talents: He's a very gifted swimmer. He could have tried out to be in the Olympics, but he opted to pursue a teaching career instead because he felt that it was more rewarding. He still does some swimming on his off time, in fact more than half the time when he's on break or off work he's at the academy's pool.
"Kind of comes with the territory though."

He's also got a skill in communication. It's kind of ironic how good a quiet person like Noah is at just talking to people, finding ways to phrase things that makes people understand and calm down. It's a skill he learned at a very young age and hasn't left him since. If bad news needs to be broken, Noah could probably give a good shot at it.

While it's not a really big deal to Noah, he's actually a rather gifted cook. He can make just about anything, though he struggles with baking. "And if you say that they are the same thing, I will hit you."
History/Bio:

Family:
Emily Marset (Marr-set) (Mother), Ginnie Corbin (Little Sister, Deceased), Joel Corbin (father, estranged), Tawndy (dog)

Dynamics
Family
He has a very rocky relationship with his mother since she came out as bigoted as his father. She's been progressively getting better but he will ever forget how se treated both him and his little sister. She constantly says things to him that are rather cruel, but he tries his best to put on a brave face around her. He blames her for the death of his little sister, he thinks that if she'd treated her better than Ginnie would still be alive.

Ginnie was five years younger than Noah. She became really close to him ever since her birth, Noah was very protective of her. She came out as transgender at the age of five, and her mother tried to bring her through conversion counseling. She instituted Ginnie at the young age of twelve after realizing that nothing she did worked. She blamed her for their father's departure and tended to use Ginnie as a scapegoat. At the age of thirteen, Ginnie took her own life. It broke Noah's heart, but there was nothing else he could do but distance himself from his mother.

Joel is Noah's father and might be the reason he's got gifts. His father had always been different from others, at least he thought. Joel was never open about his abilities in fear of being called a freak. He loved his family but saw how badly things were turning when Ginnie came out. His mother had vowed to kill Joel, and Joel knew she meant it. He didn't want his family apart, so he 'disappeared'. Noah was fiftenn when his father disappeared, Noah does not have well feelings for his father. He thinks he's partially to blame for his sister's death.
S5000118.jpg

Tawndy (Ta-on-D) is Noah's loyal companion. He is very rarely seen without him. He got the dog when he was about nine years old, however something seems off about him. Collies can live up to fifteen years old, but Tawndy has lived well past thirty. Perhaps there's more to this dog than meets the eye, either way he doesn't look a day over five. Tawndy is a loyal, kind hearted dog who adores others, be they human or dog, or other animal at that. He by far is the most stable figure in Noah's life.

Power Classification: Other (I have no idea where this class would go)
Power: Noah holds the ability to sing people into sleep, or into doing what he wants them to by his songs. That by all means does not mean he has full control over a person, they still have their free will. He's just able to soothe them or amp up their desires, nothing more, by his voice. He uses their greedy natures to his advantage, it's exactly how traditional sirens lured their victims.

He can paralyze those with weak mental strength, and once one has been won over by Noah's voice it can be very hard to fight the urge to fight their urges.

Limits:
His abilities are limited when he's not around water, as sirens typically are found near seas and oceans he's got a bit of a challenge ahead of him away from water. He can still pull his powers off, but they are not as strong (50% vs. 100% without water).

If the person's mental stability is strong, his abilities will really lack their luster if work at all on them. Depending on who, some people can't be swayed.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:

If he doesn't sing within a certain amount of time he goes into a deep depression. Once he is depressed, he starts to decline in his physical health. This is a pain in the ass as he's very shy about singing around others.

He's susceptible to bronze, if he touches it he can die depending on how long the exposure was. He's also rather fragile when it comes to silencing and sleep 'spells'.

Once he's used his abilities three times a day, he cannot use them again until the net day to recharge. If he does not get a good night sleep or if he is exhausted, he can't use his abilities.
Other: He teaches history

History

Noah was the first child of Joel and Emily Corbin. They lived a very happy life, though his father always seemed to disappear once a month and Noah never understood why. He and his family lived in a four bedroom house in the suburbs with their cat Norris. When he turned five his little sister Ginnie was born. From the day they brought her home to the day she died, he became very close to her.

However, after her death, his father's disappearance and his mother's hatred, he's been quiet. He discovered his ability to sing people to sleep when he was a child singing his baby sister to sleep.

His powers only remind him of her, but in the best of ways.

Now when I say 'spell', I don't mean magick. Just lack a better term in all honesty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.