Status
Not open for further replies.
@Beowulf

It was nice to here that he isn't the only english-speaking person in the classroom, and it was even better to have a friend "Nice to meet you, Connor!" he was about to ask him about what country and nationality he was, but the teacher was discussing all about a project that was the reason of their joining up, they have to make up history of their own but with evidence.

Greg already got an idea "I do, how about we tell them we are knights or something from the medieval ages you know?" Greg then fantasizes about being a European Knight, embarking on a journey to save the damsel in distress and fighting in great wars for their lord and country. "But if you have some ideas, I would be happy to listen mate" he said to Conor

282430_zpsiwlxvdwt.jpg

"Ah!" Kazuya reflexively leaned back in his seat as Nao ended up buried face first into his desk, having gone into a laughing fit.

And then Nao called him...cute? "Ummm... T-thanks, I think?" He wasn't at all sure how to respond to that. 'Is...is that normal for guys to say to each other?' He wasn't sure, but he was embarrassed nonetheless. It must be a good thing at least considering the amount of laughing going on. He'd hoped that wasn't attracting too much attention to them, least of all from the teacher himself.

Now he found himself reflecting on what Mr. Amasawa explained. We need to tell a story about something we did in the past, that everyone will find believable. Sure, that can be done pretty easily with a mundane story but he felt like he was looking for something more interesting. Or perhaps Kazuya was thinking too hard. He'd have to give some thought before he could come up with something from his past worth mention that was also believable. So instead he turned to James.

"Akiyama-san, you seem like you'd have some stories." If he had any history to share, it would probably be something interesting. Or at least it'd sound interesting.

@Makomin @Verite

tumblr_inline_o1kr3haon21tmlbwv_540.jpg

History is written by the victors, huh?

Even James had fallen silent for a moment as the teacher spoke, elaborating on the details of the assignment and its timeframe, as though to confirm the young man's sentiment that this was quite the unorthodox lesson indeed, but hey, it was interesting, and James would have detested it if it turned out to be a boring class.

After all that, ignoring Nao's initial words, he kept a straight face as Kazuya threw his suggestion and Nao laughed it up, crossing his arms. He raised an eyebrow at the bespectacled student calling Kazuya "cute," just as the taller young man himself found it odd, but decided to think little of it, instead clearing his throat and moving on. With a slight smirk, perhaps the closest he had come to giving any sort of smile all day, as though pleased with the topic finally being about him, the young man ran a hand through his hair, before responding.

"Glad you asked. What would you like to know of? I suppose I could tell you of..." James trailed off, before snapping his fingers and quickly continuing, "... On three occasions, I've performed at town musical competitions. Gala concerts, if you would. I enthralled everyone with my playing there, no surprise there. Brought home a nice trophy every time. Or... I could also speak of my anonymously self-published books I've written over the years. Or would you perhaps want to know more about my social life? Girls have never been able to resist me, and I usually had little choice but to humor those who felt brave enough to confess to me. Could give you a feel tips for whenever you wanna go out picking girls up, big guy, eh?" He inquired, nudging Kazuya with his elbow.

@Makomin @Xaldin

149ade8e187c1583c38e7b77468999b5.jpg

She had the feeling that she might have not think calling a guy from her supposed high school cute thoroughly. Nao Yoshida was that time of person, she guessed. She had no filter when it came to compliments and that could reflect her insults or in a nicer term, her bluntness as well. In any case, she was about to ask what else they could do for the completion of the assignment given when James Akiyama stepped in and mentioned all his achievements. In a way, it was better because at least then Nao and Kazuya, both who were more quiet then James himself, would not need to worry to much about it.

"Gala concerts? What do you play?" She asked suddenly. She enjoyed music but she had never heard of gala concerts like the one mentioned by the other male. Maybe it's because I spend too much time at home. She sighed before focusing her attention on the other two.

Nao was about to suggest something when the topic suddenly shifted to the other gender, or more specifically, Nao Yoshida's actual gender. Please don't ask me anything. Please don't ask me anything. Please don't ask me anything. She honestly didn't mind guys talking about girls, her brother did almost all the time, but hopefully they didn't ask her about any 'rendezvous' she could possible have had in the past or present. Although, she knew that the time would come for them to talk to her about 'girls'. She couldn't help but blush slightly to herself as he posed the question to Kazuya. In a way, she felt his possible embarrassment.

@Xaldin @Verite

While Connor didn't have the exact same idea, it was close enough. "Great minds think alike." he told him. "I mean, as long as we make it look and sound like it could've actually happened, we'll be good. Probably." He said the whole thing in English, his Irish accent making it's presence known. "So since we've already got the general idea, let's go ahead and figure out exactly what it is we're going to be famous for. Were we Saints? No, never mind, that'd be to hard to prove, we'd need to bibles or something for that. I mean there's always the fall back of being the King's Champion."

"Hmm? Oh, just the piano. Play a real mean piano at that," James responded to Nao as he briefly held up his hands in front of himself, the conversation seeming to steer back to about James himself rather than about girls, fortunately for Nao herself. "It's all in the jazz hands."

"I could teach you a thing or two about it... Probably help you serenade someone you got your eyes on, no?"

Or not.

Clearing his throat, James leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms. "Beethoven, Debussy, Chopin, Mozart, Brahms, I've at least dabbled in most of the old legends. After all, you gotta learn from the rest to become the best, 'cause that's where I'm headed," he said, a confident smile on his face. It was as though a different person was speaking, compared to before when he was more... stand-offish, if nothing else.

"Y'know, they say guitar is the most romantic instrument, but in my experience, I've only ever seen long-haired douchebags play 'em. Sure, plucking the strings takes strong fingers, but lemme tell ya, when it comes down to the things that matter, nimble fingers are the real crowd-pleasers," he spoke confidently without any sort of restraint, snapping his fingers after finishing his sentence.

@Makomin @Xaldin

282430_zpsiwlxvdwt.jpg

"Eh heh heh..." Kazuya yet out a nervous laugh at Akiyama's suggestion on picking up chicks. It's true he could probably use some pointers but he was a bit skeptical. Of course his biggest problem was just getting the courage to talk to girls in the first place. He had enough trouble just talking to strangers. He'd hoped to get away without giving a real response as he listened to James describe gala concerts and other things, but then the topic seemed to go back to girls anyways.

"Nimble fingers, huh? I wouldn't mind learning some new things with music. Er, not just for the girls, of course... N-Not that I would be against attracting girls with music but..." he found himself stumbling on his words, "...I sort of have trouble talking to girls." With that he let out a sigh, hanging his head in embarrassment.

But he quickly raised it up again, as an idea struck him. "Say, if Akiyama-san is willing to teach then that could work. If we put on a three man concert with Akiyama-san as the lead we'd be leaving an impact and it'd give credit that Akiyama-san is some great musician. All of us on stage would--"

Suddenly he stopped dead in his tracks. One fatal flaw with his idea. It would involve him being up on stage, in sight of everyone. All of his previous confidence seemed to drain out at that realization.

"S-S-So anyways, yeah, about girls. Nao-kun, you must have some experience with girls too, huh? Ha. Ha. Ha."

@Makomin @Verite

149ade8e187c1583c38e7b77468999b5.jpg

Nao Yoshida had to admit that she was quite impressed with what she had just learned about James Akiyama. But of course she wouldn't say it out loud unless she wanted Kazuya and herself to be bombarded with self praises and boasts that would probably put the Greek God, Narcissus to shame. "I've always wanted to play an instrument, more specifically, the trumpet. But I think I'm content for now considering I dance. Or at least, used to dance," she said as she remembered the last time she danced ballet was about a year ago. Now, she was more of a potato rather than a fry.

Coming back to the assignment at hand, she was about to ask a question when Kazuya proposed incorporating music with their 'History'. That's a really good idea. Her eyes widened as she stared straight at Kazuya. "That's brilliant! We could do that," she smiled before turning to James Akiyama, "We could do that, right, Aki-kun?", using his name finally in quite some time. Yeah, they could come up with a combined history of themselves and use music as a supporting factor.

"Maybe we could also-", she was about to suggest something when the two asked her her luck with the opposite gender, or rather, her brother's opposite gender and her own. The platinum blonde was silent as she tried to contemplate her possible answers. She couldn't say she didn't have because then the two might assume that she, or rather her brother, was lame or was into males. Well, she was but her brother wasn't. "Um...I have had mild experiences with girls, I guess?" was all she answered as she thought back to her time in her middle school with her girlfriends. That counted as experience, I guess? Please don't ask more. But she knew that the latter was inevitable.

@Verite @Xaldin

3b7e814e1ed8e8b4dbdbee8ce3eebd4b.png

Mentions:
Interactions: @IceQueen

He observed Arden with interest. The man was quite and had so far said only his name, making Cyprain believe he was a man of few words. That fact made him happy. People that didn't talk much were easier to be friends with in his opinion. Not to mention the guy was rather good looking, so that was a plus.

Nodding in acknowledgement to the other man Cyprain looked forward as the teacher continued talking. 'Make history'? That's a new one. He's done some stupid things in the past but, make history with evidence with be a new one. How does one simply make history. There's not much one can do that's already been done. Especially something significant. There's many people in this school and all probably have the same assignment so, how do they make history that's going to be significant enough to get the 50 points?

Cyprain was getting a head ache just thinking about this. There was many things they could do but, it would have to be something the others didn't think about. Glancing at Arden he said, "I'm stumped on what to do. Any ideas?"

Arden Rosett

Arden thought for quite a while on what 'Make History' would entail. He would have to make up something completely false but believable. He would have to explain why he didn't talk much to others, why he was here, etc. Another group was talking about including music in their adventures. Ardy would have to bring up ideas to his partner because it didn't seem that he had any ideas either.

Pressing his lips into a line, Ardy thought long and hard about what to ask. Asking the wrong thing to a cute guy would inevitably end any chances he had with him, friends or more. Ardy almost yerned to have his camera in hand again and speak that way, but he was supposed to create something different than himself. "Maybe we could swap focuses?" Ardy offered up, his voice slightly uncertain at the proposal. He continued to chew on his bottom lip. "I mean I don't know what you do so...." He mumbled. If Cyaprin was a mathlete Ardy would be doomed. He wasn't any above average student. He would be toast on a warm summer day.
@Lulunopia

Mentions:

Swap focuses? That would be interesting depending on what Arden did. If he was an athlete Cyprain was screwed. He wouldn't last a day that was for sure. Then again just going up stairs tiered him out. Leaning back in his seat Cyprain stared at the ceiling. Swapping what they were going to be studying would be kind of cool. "That would be cool. I'm focusing on art, mostly dance." Cyprain said absently.

He wondered what Arden did, maybe something in art as well. It would be nice to stay with art. Though he was sure he could work with whatever focus Arden had. Might not be as good as him but, he could do it. "As long as you aren't an athlete that would work for me. Well, I'm sure I could still try but, I'm not very fit." He stated muttering the last part. Cyparin had a bit of a hard time talking about weight and fitness. It was still a sore subject for him.

Arden Rosett

Ardy was pleasantly surprised to hear encouragement from his partner. Ardy didn't hear that very often, or at the least he perceived that he didn't. Happiness exploded throughout Ardy's chest as he instantly perked up. Dance was something he could learn. He did little jazz hands, the ASL sign for applause as he perked up. "I do photography." He mentioned, holding up a finger as he reached behind him. Tugging his camera out of it's bag Ardy set it on the table with a grin, easily pulling off the lens and smiling. His camera was practically his baby. It was hard not to show it off to others who were even the slightest bit interested.

After staring at the camera for a few seconds Ardy felt a blush creep up upon his cheeks. The last photo shoot he had done was of some hired male models in less than decent situations, and this morning's stalkerish photos of Cyaprin and the group themselves. He would have to hide the memory as quickly as possible. "I actually like photographing dancers. Male dancers mostly." Ardy mumbled, his voice almost a squeak at this point. The tall man was sinking back into his chair, his long legs starting to tangle under the wood table.
@Lulunopia

• Love
Reactions: Lulunopia

James leaned back, letting Kazuya talk about his idea, and then Nao about her interest in music, prompting a rare (at least, for as long as the others had known him) smile. Or at least, the closest he seemed to be capable of giving, which was essentially just a self-satisfied smirk, but it counted, right?

"A concert, huh? Sure, why not? It'd expose everyone to my wonderful presence after all," James responded to the idea in a manner that seemed as predictable as the sunrise, as he once again made a passing comment of how great he claimed to be, "As for teaching... Well, I've never done something like that before. I can certainly teach the basics, and then from there... We'll see. Piano's easy to learn, but not so easy to master. If you're not totally determined, something like the Moonlight Sonata could take literal years to master, y'know."

As the conversation eventually shifted back to about girls, the young man let out a small chuckle as he witnessed the reactions to the other two. In a way, it was as he expected. Pocketing his hands, James leaned back in his seat, facing Nao. "Yeah? I'm sure. A little surprised honestly. Not a dig at whatever game you might have. It's just... I figured girls wouldn't be magnetized to you on account of you lookin' a little girly yourself. Unless they were the sort that were into that sort of look... Were they?"

Subtle as always.

@Makomin @Xaldin

While Connor didn't have the exact same idea, it was close enough. "Great minds think alike." he told him. "I mean, as long as we make it look and sound like it could've actually happened, we'll be good. Probably." He said the whole thing in English, his Irish accent making it's presence known. "So since we've already got the general idea, let's go ahead and figure out exactly what it is we're going to be famous for. Were we Saints? No, never mind, that'd be to hard to prove, we'd need to bibles or something for that. I mean there's always the fall back of being the King's Champion."

@Beowulf

Greg kept thinking, he kept searching the Labyrinth of his mind for Medieval heroics and legendarium to find that main thing they are supposed to be, when Connor suggested they've be a King's Champion "Hmmmmm, an interesting idea mate, but which country or Empire should we be based on, or should we go far fetched, what legends should we use?" he said and think on the many possible candidates he could do, there was the mighty Paladins of Charlemagne's court, or a Knight in King Arthur's court, but even if they chose each one of this.

How could they convince the teach that they were the real thing. Greg scratch his head in confusion and frustration on how to deal with this problem . . .Then suddenly he got an idea, they could make up some story that they were descendants of them or something like that.

Mentions:

Cyprain was slightly surprised to hear photography. He didn't think the tall male was a photographer. Maybe a painter or something in science but, hey never judge a book by it's cover Cyprain didn't have much experience with an actual camera but, he was sure he could learn. It's something he does quite well. He can pick up things rather quick. Plus, Arden seemed to really like photography. Well, he was taking pictures earlier. Speaking of which he would have to ask to see some of his work. It was fascinating looking at peoples art or listening to there music.

He gave a little smile at the sight of Arden so happy. It was cute how he blushed and seemed to want to escape after he spoke of taking pictures of dancers, mainly male. Cyprain had to admit he did find Arden cute but, he's only going to try and be friends, which is very likely as there getting along. "I'm sure I can teach you a few dance moves if you show me how to work a camera." Cyprain said giving a soft laugh at the end. On top of never using an actual camera he didn't know how to operate one. There were a lot of buttons. More then he thought there were. It could be funny watching Cyprain learn to work a camera or anything related to it.

Arden Rosett

Ardy felt like he was over the moon. The man was actually laughing. He was laughing at Ardy instead of shying away. He wasn't giving up because the man had casually hinted that he liked guys. Ardy tended to favor men more than women simply because of personality, and the way they looked in pictures. He liked making men look vulnerable in his work. Sitting back up, Ardy offered up a genuine smile to the male. Ardy looked like the happies puppy in the world, though he would have preferred being compared to a cat.

"Camera's aren't that hard when you stick with one lens and one body." He mumbled, putting away the large telephoto lens he had on currently and pulling out a standard 55 mm lens. "What kind of dance do you like?" Ardy asked, leaning his elbows onto the table as he listened intently. It was hard to keep the male sitting still at the moment. Cyaprin was making him too excited. He had a friend, it was a miracle.
@Lulunopia

• Love
Reactions: Lulunopia
[fieldbox="HIKARU, #f7bc0a, solid"]
Hikaru had been at the assembly. He had. But then it got boring, like shockingly boring. Like they could come up with a rad point system but not a better way to provide information to the student body? Clearly the school had major funds, so they could probably afford a light show or to even have the assembly outside and have the student council president do back flips or something while he read his mind numbing speech.

The point was that Hikaru had been at the assembly but ten minutes in he fell asleep. And then everyone had left for class and he had been left snoring in his chair. He actually felt kind of hurt because he thought the people who had been seated next to him where his bros. Granted they had just met each other but what happened to 'ride together die together'? Was their no loyalty in this godforsaken land of learning?!

Anyway after a teacher had woken him up and gave him a stern warning to not fall asleep at assemblies, he had booked it as fast as he could (which was pretty damn fast) to his first period class. Yanking open the door, Hikaru sauntered over to the teacher's desk to give him his excuse. Said teacher seemed to not want to deal with his shit and waved him off with only the brief instruction of finding a partner and having them tell him what the assignment was.

However when Hikaru's gaze scoured the room he found that everyone was already paired. Although one group did have three people in it but they seemed to be pretty close judging by the way they were talking. "Hm," he murmured trying to find a group that looked relatively open to an addition. One pair were talking in definitely not Japanese so he skipped them entirely and wandered over to the next best pair which consisted of a tall dark haired guy and a red haired guy. Hikaru dragged a chair over and gave the two a huge smile. "Mind if I join your group?"

[/fieldbox]

@IceQueen @Lulunopia

Arden Rosett

Ardy was happily enjoying the time he was spending with Cyaprin. He was going to learn how to dance. But before the red head could say anything someone, or something, bubbly popped up to the group. An abomination of blond hair and muscular body had already pulled up a chair. If it wasn't bad enough the man was interrupting his chances at making a friend (and ogling at the man in front of him) he also carried a sunny enough disposition to make Ardy want to sock him in the nose. Of course he wouldn't though.

Straightening his back, Ardy looked up at the man who was standing next to them. [color=#718F94"The project is done in pairs."[/color] Ardy said sternly, before gesturing over to the group of three. "Go steal someone from the trio." He mumbled before turning back to Cyaprin. He felt guilty for being a bit rude to the man but the project was supposed to be done in partners and Ardy wasn't about to let in a third wheel.
@Lulunopia @Mundane Monster

Mentions:

Cyprain was relatively surprised he was making a friend this fast but, it probably had to do with Arden being a chill person. Tho he was slightly embarrassed to say what dances he knew since most needed a partner. One of them being he Waltz. What guy would want to learn to Waltz? Tho it seemed that before he could even say anything a person who looked far to bright to look at came up. This annoyed him to no end. When people interrupt conversations is rather frustrating in Cyprain's opinion. They might forget what they were talking about and end up saying the same thing twice, but from the look of this guy he wasn't going to leave without a fight. Well, that's what he thought anyway.

Rolling his eyes Cyprain looked over the bright blonde he noted he looked like an athlete. That would screw up there plan tho. Both Arden and himself were in the art focuse and adding an athlete into there would be a problem. How would they even go about doing that? Sighing Cyprain voiced his opinion, "I don't mind as long as you don't talk loudly."

[fieldbox="HIKARU, #f7bc0a, solid"]Hikaru hadn't sensed this amount of dislike for him since his older siblings had seen him for the first time in the delivery room. It was a little disheartening, but he just figured the two had bonded before he came and just didn't want anyone to rock the boat. He was cool with that, although he had to admit that they were both a little rude. Did the ginger have to look at him like he was a pest? Plus Hikaru knew himself and knew that 'not talking too loudly' was not apart of his genetic make up and he didn't like hiding who he really was. He also didn't think he could less chatty without the use of his medication, which he was definitely not gonna use on his first day of school.

With a shrug and a sheepish smile, Hikaru retreated from the twosome. "You're right, the teach did say partners, so I'll find someone more available!" He chirped and let his gaze drag over the room again. However this time, he was looking for friendlier looking faces. His gaze kept wandering back to the threesome. They all looked pretty bright and lively like him and since the teacher did say find a partner not partners, maybe the group would be willing to split up!

Approaching them, Hikaru smiled wide and didn't pull up a chair this time, just in case they weren't all too welcoming. "Hey, so any of you guys mind being my partner? I came in late, so there isn't really anyone else to pair up with. Hehe..I'm Hikaru by the way! Hikaru Kim!"
[/fieldbox]
@Makomin @Verite @Xaldin

Status
Not open for further replies.