Welcome to the pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Of course. I wouldn't just take you to some random burger joint. Gotta make a good first impression" he said snickering then popping another grilled shrimp in his mouth. That was his last shrimp and he was full for the moment, planning on grabbing a few cookies and some ice cream. "So..um..I know we basically just been hanging out together these past few hours but would you consider giving me a chance as um...your b-b-boyfriend?" he asked a bit nervous and fidgety while twiddling his thumbs a bit anxious, feeling okay with either answer she was going to give.

Charlotte was just taking a bite into one of her cookies as Kai asked his question. She awkwardly finished chewing the rest of it before clearing her throat and looking him in the eyes, shyly. She liked him, she really did. He was really nice and seemed like a really cool guy, but they had just met. "Kai..." She started, trying to gather the correct words to say. "You.. You're a really awesome guy and all, but like you just said. We've only hug out for a few hours." She clears her throat again. "So I think.. if we give each other a little more time to, you know, get to know one and other...That, that could be a possibility." She felt bad for rejecting him, knowing how much courage and effort it takes to ask someone out, but she just wasn't comfortable with that yet.

Kai chuckled. "I knew you were gonna say that but I'm asking this because if we step outside two things will happen." he started saying then sighed figuring e should tell her the truth now or never. "One, something you won't believe will happen and two, our instincts will take over and you'll follow me around afterwards." he said with a serious look to let her know he was serious then sighed knowing that she probably won't believe him.

Charlotte finished the rest of her second cookie and gave Kai a look as if to say: Are you on drugs? "Kai, what on earth are you talking about?" she asked shaking her head. "Don't tell me you believe in this werewolf crap, that everyone gossips about." She rolled her eyes. That crap was nonsense and there is no way any of it could be true. Sure there had been multiple 'sightings' but if they were anything at all, they just turned out to be real wolves. Not the ones that changed under the full moon.

(okay, tell me if im crazy but.. is a bunch of stuff upside down on your computer too?)

"Charlotte, you've hung out with me long enough to know two things. I'm not a liar and everything I've said has been said without a bit hesitation. I don't don't believe in werewolves Charlotte...I am one and if you need proof I can step outside right now." he said then noticed it was a dark but clear night with no clouds in the sky. He frowned a bit knowing she might not believe or even worse leave and never come back especially since that was definitely an option even with the slight chance of her finding her way back to him.

((it was. it was for april fools day lol))

"I don't think you're a liar.." Charlotte said shaking her head. "But you cannot possibly expect me to believe in werewolves, let alone believe that you are one!" Starting to get frustrated, she pushed her plate away from her and avoided looking at Kai. She wanted to get up and storm out of the restaurant, feeling like an idiot for starting to like some guy she had only just met today, who in the end turned out to be some sort of werewolf fanatic who believes himself to actually be one. "I just cant believe this, Kai. I'm sorry but it's just crazy."

(haha thats what I thought.. but just wanted to make sure my computer wasn't broken:P)

Kai sighed then stood up from the table then took her by the hand and headed for the door with her. "I'm not kidding Charlotte and I won't lose you because you feel I'm some idiot who believes in werewolves." he said in a serious tone. Once they got to the door he let her go and sighed then stepped out the door. After a couple of seconds he began to transform, first his arms then his legs and finally his body and head. Once his transformation was complete he howled to instill fear into the night and looked at Charlotte with a frown. He wasn't a scary werewolf but more of a pup looking wolf.

Charlotte shook her head as she rose and followed Kai to the door. "Kai, there is just no..." her voice trailed off as he stepped into the pale moonlight. Slowly his body was turned from an attractive teenager into some furry animal with a horrifying reputation. Completely in shock she couldn't move from her position to save her life. "Oh my God.." The words slipped out of her mouth barely audible. "Oh my God.." she said, this time a little louder. The three words escaped her lips a few more times, each increasing in volume. She was intrigued and terrified at the same time and could do absolutely nothing to control either sensation.

Kai sighed and stood there. "I told you I was a werewolf Charlotte. I wouldn't lie or make something up to someone I truly care about. I guess you kinda hate me in this form now huh?" he assumed since everyone tended to hate werewolves before actually getting to know one. "All the members of my pack are really nice and we don't hurt anyone. The most we do is search for members to bring into the pack to make it bigger thus leading to the scar you have." he said ushering her out into the moonlit night if she wanted to learn more.

"And you can talk?" Charlotte could feel her head spinning and her stomach hurt. All of this was way too real, way to fast, and way to weird. She wanted to believe him, that his pack was nice and all.. but she could still hardly wrap her head around what just happened. "What does any of this have to do with my scar?!" Charlotte snapped back, she didn't mean to be so harsh but under the circumstances, who could blame her? A little uneasy, she stepped out into the moonlight next to Kai. At first nothing happened, but soon enough her body started to transform the same way Kai's did moments ago. "OH MY GOD!"

Kai looked at her knowing all of this was a bit much to take in all at once then stood there as she turned. "I told you so." he said still frowning just a bit since she did snap at him even it she did have a good reason. He knew telling her would upset her in some way but maybe he figured he shouldn't told her so early but glad he did so he could get her disbelief of his kind out of the way.

Charlotte looked over herself with horror and shock. "What the hell am I?!" she shrieked. There was a mixture of disgust, terror and enraging anger swarming around inside her now, werewolf body. "How did this happen?!" Her voice now quieted to a whisper once again. "Kai, How did this happen?!" she asked this time almost screaming. Again, she didn't mean to be so harsh but she felt that she deserved some answers now.

Kai inched back a little and frowned, feeling like a kid who did something wrong and knew he was at fault. "The scar on your arm. It's how werewolves make normal people into our kind. The other night was my 'hunt' for a new pack member and apparently you were the one I 'tagged'. I'm sorry" he explained then began to back away slowly knowing that she may hate him now, tears swelling in his eyes as he did so.

Charlotte was literally at a loss for words. She opened her mouth so say something but nothing came out. There were a million things she wanted to say and scream: 'i can't believe you did this to me!' ' Why did you do this to me!?' 'My life is ruined!' 'What's going to happen next?' 'How am I supposed to carry on life normally?'of But she kept all of those thoughts and words inside her head. Not only because she couldn't form the words because of her surging anger, but because seeing Kai so upset kinda made her upset too. Whether or not it was him tagging her, she was starting to having feelings for him and seeing him almost in tears made her sad. "Don't cry," she said dryly. She didn't want him to cry or get anymore upset but she also wanted him to know how upset she was to, so she made sure her voice wasn't comforting.

"I-I know it's my fault but I wasn't planning to do this to you. I just went afte the first person I saw. I couldn't see because of the fog so I scratched and ran. I'm so, so sorry Charlotte. You are the last person I'd want to do this to. I've probably ruined your life and I understand if you don't want to see me again." he said sitting against the wall of the restaurant with his knees to his chest and his face buried in his knees, light sob being heard due to the regret he was feeling for putting his crush through such a thing. He knew he didn't deserve any comforting and was at fault but due to the lack of visibility it couldn't be helped.

Charlotte looked looked at Kai with a bit of sympathy as he tried to explain things to her. And as he sat down against the restaurant wall she heard a sob escape his lips, and immediately felt bad for snapping. With that she let out a loud sigh and sat down next to him. They sat in silence for a solid three minutes before she spoke up. "I'm still furious with you, but don't be so hard on yourself. If what you said is true, that you didn't mean to... Th- Then I should be apologizing for snapping at you." They sat in silence for a few more moments before she said something again. "And I don't want to stop seeing you. Then again I don't have much of a choice, but still." She finished with a chuckle and a quick shake of the head. "Besides I'm going to need someone to teach me about anything I need to know," She glanced carefully over at Kai.

Kai heard her words but still felt guilty for not taking the time to identify his prey that night. He then stopped sobbing and lifted his head to look at her. "R-Really? Y-you still want to keep seeing me?" he voice still filled with guilt and sadness. He then shook his head. "You have all the right to have snapped at me. I shouldn't have been so careless. I'm such an idiot..." It was obvious he was mentally beating himself up over this and knowing that there was no known cure to cure werewolfism. If there was he'd get it the moment he remembered. "A-Are you sure you're alright with this?"

Charlotte shook her head. "Ya, I mean.. I don't know if its because of the werewolf connection thing or what.. But I like you, Kai. Besides, I don't really have much of a choice to not see you, considering I'm now part of your pack or whatever."The anger had left her voice by now, and was gentle, trying to calm Kai down. "You're not an idiot either," she said placing a hand on his back, and rubbing it softly. "I guess I'm alright with it, again I don't have much of a choice so I better start getting used to it," she said with a quiet chuckle. "To be honest though, I'm glad its you who I get to go through this with."

Kai looked at her with a small smile then hugged her and silently apologized once more. "I can teach you whatever you need to know but it may take some getting used to since you're new to this." he started saying. "First, you'll always need a change of clothes. As you can plainly see our lower halfs are the only part of us that stay clothed...why that is I have no idea.." he said turning his head away and blushing a bit. "Second, you need to tag someone as well to be a fully recognized member of the pack and finally, you can't tell anyone about you being a werewolf...especially your family." he finished saying. "Also there's one definite way to not become a werewolf and that's stay indoors due to the moon being a major part of our transformation" he added.

Charlotte felt her face grow warm, not even realizing that her clothes had disappeared, and shifted uncomfortably trying to cover up. As Kai talked she continued to nod her head, trying to take in all this information. As he talked a million questions began popping into her head. But all of them, she felt that this one was most important. "Okay, I have a lot more questions but this one first," she said. "Do you by chance have a uhh... change of clothes I could use or am I going to have to go home like this?" She let out an uncomfortable chuckle as she felt her face grow red again.

Status
Not open for further replies.