Welcome to the pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai stood up then nodded. "One sec." he then jumped to the roof of the restaurant they were standing in front of then opened a secret compartment he uses for clothes and pulled out a t-shirt. He then closed the compartment and dropped back down and hand her the shirt while looking the other way. "There. That should fit and if you're goin to go straight home then don't get caught. This is just a suggestion but may you could sleep over at my house for tonight since my folks are okay with werewolves, them being ones themselves."

Charlotte took the shirt from Kai's hands and quickly slid it over her head. "Thanks," she said with a chuckle, feeling much more comfortable now fully clothed. Then the uncomfortable feeling came back at Kai's suggestion. She knew she could trust him and was probably be right that it would be safe at his house, but they had just met and she didn't feel comfortable lying to her parents about where she was at. Because they surely wouldn't let her sleepover at some guy's house. "Uhh.. a-are you sure? I mean it's a good suggestion, but don't you think it'd be a uhh little .. weird?"

"I know but we're werewolves so what is normal to us. Besides I know it might be hard to lie to your parents but you'll be keep a huge secret from them too so what's one lie gonna do plus I never said we had to sleep in the room, just under the same roof for one night." he explained. "Anyway, it's your decision Charlotte. I'm not gonna force you to do anything you feel uncomfortable with." he said as he got ready to head home.

Charlotte bit her lip as she tried to come to a decision before Kai started on his way home. "Fine, I- I'll stay at your house," she blurted as she pulled out her phone and texted her parents saying she was staying at a female friend's house. "I don't trust myself enough to go home," she said truthfully. Also it was because of the fact that she still had so many questions to ask him about her new self.

Kai nodded then began to walk in the opposite direction towards his house and was prepared to answer anything she was planning or had planned to ask him about her new body and about being part of a pack. He hoped he could answer everything since he himself was kinda new to it all, being a full blooded werewolf but unable to transform until his recent birthday. Either way he was prepared and eager to answer anything she threw at him.

Charlotte walked with him in silence for a few moments, trying to formulate a few questions in her head before speaking. "So uhh.. how am.. like what.. uhh.. do I.. what if... umm," she fumbled over words as she tried to pick exactly which question she needed and wanted to ask first. "What am I supposed to do?" She new it was a broad question but that was all she could say. "Like.. what do I do," she asked, trying to make the question easier to answer, which probably didn't work.

Kai chuckled at her fumbling over her words. "Werewolves aren't like a cult. We don't have a goal or a life mission or some crap like that. We live to take care of one another and introduce others into the pack. We turn non werewolves into one of us to enlarge out pack for more social reasons and so our species won't die out. There aren't that many of us plus we're all split up all over the place especially in this town." he answered, hoping that was a decent answer for her seemingly vague question.

Charlotte nodded her head understandingly. "So.. are there other people I know that are werewolves too. I mean besides you and your parents of course..," she said, slightly hoping there would and slightly hoping there wouldn't be. She wasn't sure how many more surprises she could take for the day. Her mind was going crazy 'oh my gosh, what if he is a werewolf'' ' she could be one too!' 'oh no, I'd just die if they are..'

Kai shrugged. "I honestly can't give you an answer for that. Anyone at anytime at anyplace could be a werewolf but you'll never know cause it's bright outside and there's no moon to show their true form. Maybe even one of your friends got tagged and never told you cause you refused to believe until tonight."

Charlotte had never thought about that before. Some of her closest friends believed in the werewolf myth that circled this town, and maybe they are one and were trying to tell her. She always just thought that they were gullible. "Oh, that's a good point.." she said quietly, rubbing her hands together. "So, umm, what else do I need to know? Like do I have to change the way I do certain things in my normal life and what happens when I become a werewolf and do I have to change my diet and.." she was about to ramble off a few more questions before realizing she wasn't giving him a chance to speak "Sorry.."

Kai couldn't help but laugh. "To answer the first onslaught, no you just keep doing what you usually do and eat what you usually eat. Any major change could deem suspicious and anyone who doesn't like werewolves may start searching for us and weeding us out like a horrible plague that needs to be eradicated. That's just how some people are nowadays. We just want to live in peace and maybe even start families of our own like normal humans, i mean is that really so wrong?"

Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, understanding where he was coming from. There was a sudden sense of guilt that filled her, probably from hating/not believing in werewolves earlier. "Were your parents werewolves before or after... you?" She asked, not really knowing how to ask a weird question. She tried to imagine being a werewolf and still being able to carry out a normal life, and maybe even start a family like that. In her eyes it was kind of hard to believe that was possible.

"Before. Mom met dad and dad fell for her. They were from separate packs, back when werewolf kind wasn't just some myth people disowned. They got married a little while after then a couple years into their marriage and an additional nine months out came me thus leading leading to where we are tonight." he said with a smile, continuing to walk at a semi quick pace so he can answer any other question she had before reaching his home.

"Okay, this one may seem stupid..," Charlotte started before letting out an awkward laugh. "But, are werewolves like... immortal or something?" She could feel the rosy blush covering her cheeks as she finished off her question. But hey, she had to get some answers somewhere, even if asking the questions made her look and feel stupid. She found it really awesome how understanding Kai was about all of her questions even if they were stupid.

"Honestly we kinda are due to our speed but we can be done in by anything silver. The most deadly and infamous of way of putting down a werewolf is a silver bullet to a vital organ like the myths state." he answered with a nervous smile, hoping it didn't freak her out too much since no one was that violent nowadays since some people believed werewolves didn't exist in this day and age though if they searched then they'd be proven wrong almost instantly.

"Oh, okay.." Charlotte mumbled returning Kai's nervous smile. It wasn't the dying by a silver bullet that bothered her, but the being immortal part. The thought of living forever and watching her friends and family age and grow old, and eventually die while she was stuck living for practically forever is what scared her. Then again, just the fact that she is now a werewolf frightened her. "So... umm what.. err.. is there anything really important that I need to know right now?" she asked hesitantly.

Kai gulped, afraid to tell her the next part but had to do it anyway and get it over with. "Female werewolves will begin to choose their mates tomorrow..." he answered then looked the other way knowing that her reaction to that wasn't going to be a very calm and happy one as this point in time, especially considering she didn't want to be one to begin with.

Charlotte's face grew white as the words left Kai's lips. "What...What?!" She asked, her voice growing louder. Just a few minutes ago she found out she was some scary fictional creature that she never believed in until basically just now and NOW she finds out that she is supposed to find a mate by tomorrow! Ugh, she hated that word: mate. It sounded so animal like... oh, wait. "What the HELL Kai?! This isn't even REMOTELY fair! How am I supposed to start finding a mate, starting tomorrow when I just because a werewolf last night?! This is INSANE!" She couldn't help her reaction, she couldn't control how mean it sounded.. not that she really wanted to make her words sound nice either.

Kai knew her reaction was coming and him being oversensitive wasn't helping anything. He took a deep breath then looked at her with a serious face. "Look I'm sorry okay. My goodness, I-I don't know how many freaking times I have to say it. Me turning you into this was never intentional okay. I didn't want any of this to effect you. That's the only reason I've admired you from afar. I mean yes I know this isn't a good time but what was I supposed to do? Charlotte I've been a werewolf my whole life up til now and there has never been anything wrong with it." he pointed out sounding upset.

"I screw up ONCE and now I'm suddenly the bad guy. If you hate being a werewolf due to some minor complications then go find someone who'll smack you over the head with something silver. It'll turn you back though you'll be unconscious for a week...." he said then continued to walk home but was walking faster than before.

Charlotte was honestly shocked by Kai's reaction and stopped walking for a moment. Since they started talking earlier in the day she had noticed how calm he had always kept, so when he returned the sudden anger it was a shock. She let out a loud sigh, trying to calm herself down. "I'm sorry, I know you didn't mean to, Kai. But did you have to bite.. or ..or scratch me or whatever at this time? During mating season? Did you think about how it might affect that person?" She started walking again, at a quick pace so she could catch up. "I mean, its a little inconsiderate don't you think?" She was doing a pretty good job at keeping her voice at a civil tone but it wasn't easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.