Welcome to the pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai half smiled knowing that was coming and chuckled a little. "No it's alright. We haven't talked or gotten to know anything about each other. I-I'm not asking you to respond to it but I just thought I'd get it off my chest since I had the chance to." he said not moving a muscle since she was backing up mainly due to uncertainty. He looked off to the side and continued to smile though he truly didn't have a reason to but he felt like it helped ease the obvious mild pain the he felt was going to come if he confessed. "If possible I'd like to get to know you in order to have that answer change but I'll leave that purely up to you of course"

Charlotte nodded her head in response to Kai's request. "Sure, ya. I'd like to get to know you too.." she added with a small smile despite this weird felling in her gut saying that somehow she did know him. His response to her original rejection, was sort of surprising. She expected him to either get defensive or show embarrassment, but instead it was neither. Not knowing what to do next, she turned and looked over her shoulder to see the bell was about to ring, signalling the end of lunch. "The bell is about to ring." she commented, motioning towards the clock on the wall. "I uhh we should get going.."

"Oh right." he nodded then walked up to her and gave her a light kiss on the cheek. He blushed afterwards then decided he'd head back first and was howling and doing backflips of joy in his head since she'd probably find him weird if he actually did those things in front of her. He wondered what caused this sudden development between them since she would barely look his way or give him the time of day so to speak unless he was called on to answer something in class. "I guess fate has a strange way of dealing it's hand." he thought then turned the next corner and was out of sight completely once more.

Charlotte could feel her cheeks match the color of Kai's as his lips made quick contact with them. As he began to walk away, she found herself chuckling and shaking her head. 'What just happened?' she asked herself. She didn't know what to make of the situation exactly, it was weird but yet felt completely amazing at the same time. Feeling flattered bye the whole deal, she ended up smiling to herself all the way down the hall and back to class. And was actually kind of excited to get to spend more time with Kai. Even though she still barely knew him and he barely knew her, she could tell there was something special between the two of them.

(Do you want to skip ahead a little, like to outside of school? You don't have to, though, if you you don't want.)

After more boring lectures and assignments the final bell for the day rang and to make it even better it was a Friday. Kai stood up and stretched out then quickly headed out the classroom door to his locker then out towards the school entrance and waited on Charlotte. Kai was never expected home early due to his secret second life so he was allowed to be out all night as long as he woke up for school the next day, Fridays being the exception obviously. He wondered if Charlotte would agree to letting him walk her home so they could talk and learn about one another a little, luckily he wouldn't have to wait too long to find out.

Charlotte let out a sigh of relief as the final bell rang though out the school. Taking her time at her time packing up her things and walking to her locker, she couldn't help but think of her encounter with Kai earlier. A small part of her in the back of her head, hopped he was waiting for her. And another hoped he wasn't because the weird connection between them kind of frightened her. But after visiting her locker, she started towards the door where she found Kai standing alone. "Hey, Kai," she said with a small smile as she approached him. "Not taking a bus?"

"Nah. I always walk home. Keeps the legs from getting lazy." he replied with a smile then looked down. He cleared his throat then looked at her with a serious look, well as serious as his face could get. "I was wondering...ya know if um...maybe I could walk you home....so we could talk and maybe get to know one another if that's okay with you I mean." he said the serious look having turned into a nervous blush halfway through his words. Before she got there he replayed the moment in his mind and every time she said...no. He silently hoped his apparently slightly pessimistic mind would be proven wrong.

"Good answer," Charlotte said, letting out a soft chuckle. Noticing the sudden change in Kai's expression, she started to become nervous. She sort of hated surprises and today had been filled with many from this boy. At first she tried to match his serious expression, with one of her own. But, it didn't work out the way she had planned, as she soon found herself smiling at his request and his rosy cheeks. "Ya. Yes. I would like that," she responded, trying to offer a reassuring smile. To let him know that she wasn't always going to reject him. "If you don't mind walking the extra distance of course.." she added with a light shrug of the shoulders.

"Oh of course not. I can go any distance with no trouble." he said confidently his nervousness from being rejected totally wiped clean by her smile. "Well then. Shall we go?" he asked with a smile then began to walk until he got to the sidewalk and waited on her since he had no idea where he was going though it wouldn't have stopped him but luckily he stopped himself.

"Any distance, huh?" Charlotte questioned his claim as she began walking after him. "Right this way.." she said as she passed Kai, taking a right onto the sidewalk. She didn't stop and wait for him because she knew in a matter of seconds, his longer strides would catch up with her short but quick ones. She was kinda glad he had waited for her, other wise she feared she would end up never getting to know him. 'This is a good start.' she thought to herself.

Kai watched her walk past him then caught up in a matter of seconds. "So what's been going on with you lately? Anything new happen?" he figured he's ask just to get a topic, any topic out in the open as a conversation starter. He silently hoped he didn't just start something random where even she couldn't answer especially since talking to another girl was foreign to him and he didn't know how to start a conversation with one.

"Well," Charlotte started as she let out a sigh. "Umm everything has been pretty much the same as it always has been." She looked up at Kai then straight ahead as if she was looking at something in the distance. "Except.." She was about to tell him about the weird scar on her arm that seamed to appear over night. But decided he probably wouldn't care or have anything to say about it. 'Not like he knows how I got it,' thinking to herself. "Well, nevermind..".

"No. Please do tell me. I'm interested in what you were going to say. " he said with a smile, looking down at her. He wondered what she had to say and figured it was probably some big secret. His mind randomly wrapped itself around a ton of possibilities except the one that probably really mattered figuring that there was a slim chance she was the one he targeted that night so he pushed that one to the side and waited on her answer.

Charlotte let out another sigh as she began to speak. "Well, last night I went out with some friends," she started, giving Kai a quick glance before looking forward again. "And I don't really remember walking home. Then this morning I woke up with this really weird scar on my arm." She switched the book she was carrying to her other arm and pulled up her right sleeve. "It looks like I've had it for a while, right?" The question was more rhetorical, and wasn't really looking for an answer. "Doesn't hurt or anything," she said, poking at it. "But it's kinda weird.."

Kai listened to her and then once she showed him the scar he grimaced but kept his cool. "No way...she was the one I tagged that night. This isn't happening..." he thought then had to say something to keep the conversation going and not seem suspicious but what could he say. "That is weird. Have you told anyone about it?" he asked not knowing what else to say in his defense.

Charlotte shook her head no. "Nope, you're the only one I've told so far." She didn't really see a need to tell anyone, it's not like it could be deadly.. just a scar. She's found bruises and scratches on her body with a mysterious origin before, this one wasn't any different. Except for the fact that it was gained in a period of blackness and uncertainty. "It's no big deal, just a little weird." She shrugged her shoulders as she pulled her sleeve back down .

Kai felt a bit uneasy especially as the sun continued to go down. He wondered how much further it was to her house cause any longer and he might end up transforming and that's the last thing he wanted her to find out. "Not in a rush or anything but how much further is it to your house?" he asked wanting to get away before he turned but also didn't want to stop talking with her.

"Not much longer. Like a minute. 2 maybe?" Charlotte said a little confused by his sudden question. He seemed like he was in a hurry. "You don't have to keep walking with me if you don't want to.." She didn't want to be a burden to him. And definitely didn't want him to feel like he had to walk her home, although she did enjoy the company. It was a nice change from walking home alone everyday. "My house is literally right around the corner, I can make it if you need to go."

Kai shook his head. "No no. I'm glad I can walk you home and I'd like to do it again if given the chance" he said with a smile. As they got closer he saw a building and silently hoped it was her house. "Is that it over there?" he asked, pointing to the building just up ahead. In his head he was silently hoping she wouldn't turn tonight but there was no doubt she was gonna turn and search for the pack since anyone bitten will turn the next night. He silently apologized to her for probably ruining her life at this point and not even having the guts to tel her though he was going to have to at one point.

"Umm, I live in the one next to that," Charlotte said, pointing to the smaller building to its right. She really was enjoying talking with Kai. He seemed like a really nice guy, and she wished she had gotten to know him sooner. "Ya, I'd like that.." she said referring to his first statement. In all honesty she was kinda sad that their walk was almost to an end. She wasn't tired anymore, like she was at school and was full of energy. "Do you want to keep walking?" The thought some how slipped out of her mouth, but unlike the other things that slip out, she didn't regret this. "I mean you can say no, but I enjoy walking with you."

Status
Not open for further replies.