Welcome to the pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I didn't have a choice in the matter. When you're forced to do something with no other options you tend to do what you've been told without fail." he started to say with regret starting to plague his tone. "I was told ahead of time I was supposed to fine someone to tag . They told me the day and when I should do it and they said that it was the best and only time they could think of. I wasn't able to say no or move it to a later date. Everything was planned ahead of time and predetermined." he finished with a sigh.

Charlotte frowned and threw her head back with a groan. "Fine, okay.. sorry," she mumbled, bringing a hand to rub her forehead. Maybe she did over react a little bit. She trusted Kai and knew or thought that he wouldn't do anything to intentionally make her mad or hurt her. And after all if he didn't have a choice, like he said, then her reaction could definitely be seen as a harsh one. "sorry," she mumbled again.

Kai didn't answer her since he still felt miffed that she would just snap at him in such a way without asking wether or not he had a choice in the matter since werewolf code is strict right down to the wire. He sighed then began to calm down a little as his house drew closer. "There it is" he said the pointed out the cream colored building with a sky blue roof and a sort of animalistic look to the outside of it. "I wonder if my parents are home...." he muttered since his parents were known to be out all night with the pack somewhere since they never tell him where they go...at least not yet.

Charlotte followed Kai's finger to see where he was pointing. His house looked cute and fairly well kept, but there was something.. different looking about it. "Nice house," she said quietly. "Where would they be?" Charlotte asked, curious to know why Kai wasn't sure about his parent's location. She found it a little weird, since she almost ALWAYS knew where her own parents were. Still feeling a little guilty for snapping at him a few moments ago, she wasn't planning on pressing him for to much information.

Kai shrugged and sighed. "They could be anywhere. Werewolves are fast underneath a full moon so they could several miles away meeting with the pack secretly. It's a rarity that they're even home when I leave for school. They trust e enough to live alone but it's not like they never come back so I never have a problem with it." he pointed out as they walked up to the front door. He rang the doorbell to check and see if someone would answer which no one did. He sighed then took out his key to the house and unlocked the door, letting Charlotte in first then following after her and locking the door once inside.

"Oh," Charlotte said quietly, nodding her head. She didn't really have anything else to say, considering their conversation went south a few minutes ago. "That makes sense." She stepped into Kai's house just before him and looked around. "Nice place," she added a small smile, as she took a few more steps into the house to get a better look at it. "I'm just curious, but do you think they'll be back tonight?" She asked still looking around and not at Kai.

"Is it really curiosity or are you scared of being alone with a guy all night?" he asked seeing a small flaw in her question. He then headed up the stairs to his room before she could answer him. He walked into his room and began to get undressed since staying in his street clothes would be uncomfortable but at that moment he recalled that she didn't have anything to put on and he was sure she was gonna want to take a shower since he did notice that she was a tad sweaty thus making him panic slightly but not too much to the point where he acts irrationally.

"I..uhh.. umm," Charlotte stuttered awkwardly as blood rushed to her cheeks. She really was curious whether or not his parents were going to come back, but... the main reason she did ask was exactly what Kai had called her out on. Before she could spit out a real answer he started to walk away from him, and not knowing what to do she followed slowly behind him. "Uhh.. nice room," she said, the blush still on her cheeks as she peeked around his room.

Kai miled and walked to the room door. "Thank you. You'l be sleeping either on the couch, the floor or my bed" he said, saying the last part teasingly since his bed had no room for two full grown teenage bodies. He then walked downstairs to the kitchen to get something to drink and pulled out a cake his om had made before she left this morning. "Do you want any of this cake?" he called out to her since he figured she either still upstairs or on her way down but didn't wait for her to answer and cut himself a big slice regardless.

Charlotte let another awkward chuckle escape her lips, not really knowing how to respond to Kai's last comment. And once again, before she could formulate a normal response he had left her alone... Again. She looked around his room, at his posters on the walls and the little things piled on his dresser before she hard him calling from the kitchen. "Uh, yeah... sure," she called.back in response as she began to make her way to the kitchen. "Could I have something to drink too?"

"Sure." he called back then took out a pitcher of mango flavored iced tea he had made and poured some into two glasses. He placed the two cups and plates on the table and waited for her since she probably felt like he was avoiding her. He could tell by the way she stopped talking when he left the immediate area he was in twice but what could he do, he was home and wanted to get out of his street clothes and relax so as he waited for her he drank some of the tea in his glass then poured some more fore himself once it was gone.

Eventually Charlotte found her way into the kitchen and over to the table where Kai had set down a cup and plate for her. "Thanks," she said quietly as she sat down and took a few sips from the tea he had outed for her. She kinda felt like Kai was avoiding her or something. But kept telling herself that couldn't be true because if he didn't want her here he would not have invited her over, right? Despite her awkward feeling she wasn't going to complain because maybe she was over reacting. "This, uh.. tea is really good"

"Charlotte, I'm not avoiding you. If I was avoiding you I would've never approached you earlier." he pointed out then smiled at her for reassurance. "I was just trying to get comfortable. I'm sure you'd do the same thing if you were at home right?" he said then took a bite of his piece of cake and smiled. He was a bit nervous then took her fork and put a piece of her cake on it then held it up to her mouth wanting to try and feed her as a way to make up for what he made her think.

Charlotte could feel her cheeks turn a light red at Kai's words. She knew she had just over reacted. "Yeah, you're right, I probably would.." She agreed. And it was true too, she actually probably would have seemed much more distant than Kai was seeming to be just a few moments ago. As she was about to set her tea down from taking another sip, she noticed he had picked up her fork and looked like he was trying to feed her. Even though, to her, it seemed like a silly thing, she could tell he was just trying to fix the awkward tension. So she smiled and happily ate the cake off of the fork. "You know I can feed myself, right?" she asked teasingly.

"That doesn't mean I can't feed you at all. Think of it as my way of saying sorry for making think I was getting distant with you" he said then put her fork down and smiled at her. "Do you want to watch some tv? If it helps, we don't have to go to sleep since the pack covers for us if we sleep in." he informed her then leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Charlotte could feel her cheeks blush a bright red under Kai's lips. After a few moments her face calmed down and she nodded her head yes as she took another bite of her food. "Yeah, sure,". With that she set down her fork "Wait, what do you mean the pack covers for us if we sleep in?" She took one last sip of her drink. "Do we have.. jobs or something?" she asked, trying to clarify.

(Sorry I haven't been on in a while )

"Actually yes. We're supposed to watch over the town. Sort of like their protectors. Every teenager who tags a new person and eventually start to date must do two things: keep an area of the town safe from any sort of danger and keep an eye out for an enemy pack." he starts to explain then turns on the tv to a random channel for the moment then continues. "Some packs don't share same ideals we do of keeping humans safe since our kind have been hunted and even killed since forever. Those packs that don't agree are deemed enemies of mankind and must either be killed or driven out of the area." he says then takes a sip of his ice tea.

"Due to those two specific tasks, the pack members cover for us in case any teenage pack member who is still in school either sleeps in or is running late. Haven't you noticed that most kids in our early classes aren't usually there but aren't marked as absent." he pointed out.

(It's fine.)

Charlotte nodded her head understandingly. "That makes so much more sense!" She exclaimed hitting the palm of her hand lightly to her forehead. In the background she could hear the TV playing softly, and even glanced at it once, but other than that, she paid no more attention to it. "So that means those other kids in our class are... werewolves too?" I ask as I quieted my voice for the last part of my question, even though there was no reason to. I sat there quietly for a moment before what you had said earlier finally sunk in. "Did I- did I uhh hear you say something about... dating?"

"Exactly. Our homeroom teacher is a werewolf too." he said to clear that up as well then realized when she asked that he had said about the couples branching off. "Oh um...yes. Though after all that's been happen I guess I'm seeming to be less dateable in your eyes huh?" he asked, knowing that all the info he was providing her with was actually quite shocking even though he had told er before that some of their class mates were werewolves too.

Charlotte let an uncomfortable laugh slip out of her mouth. She didn't really know how to respond to that. Sure, the fact that he brought this whole werewolf thing upon her definitely wasn't helping things, but she still felt some weird attraction towards him. Not that it was weird to like him because he was nice and not bad looking either, but weird because she had only really started talking to him about an hour ago. Yet she felt a really strong attraction towards him. "Well.. it definitely didn't help the situation," she said feeling her cheeks turn a dark color.

Status
Not open for further replies.