Welcome to the pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't mind. I mean as long as you aren't needed at home." he said, not wanting to seem like a kidnapper cause to her parents since he didn't bring her home then it also crossed his mind that he said they should keep walking although the sun was clearly going down more and more every second. At this point he didn't care and decided to keep walking with her into town. "She's gonna turn tonight anyway so might as well keep walking. I honestly don't want to stop talking with her" he thought to himself. "So what do your parents do for a living and will I ever meet them?" he asked to keep the conversation going.

"Nah, they won't miss me.. I'll just text them real quick and let them know I'll be home late." Charlotte pulled out her phone, pressed a couple buttons then returned it to her pocket. Her parents really wouldn't mind her coming home late. They were always bugging her about getting out of the house and spending some time with friends. The night before when she gained her scar was actually the first time she had been out with some friends in a few weeks. "My dad is a technician and my mom works at the bank in town, but she's off today. And maybe, one day I'm sure you will.." She added that last part with a smile.

Kai smiled and continued to walk. "Glad to hear it." he said, returning the smile then something in him wanted to tease her a little so he did exactly that. He leaned in and gave her another kiss on the cheek and said "Maybe we might end up together or married if things go great, don't you think?" he said in a light teasing tone as he made his way to his favorite place to hang out. After some more walking he led them to his favorite spot in the town. It was the tallest and only hill within the town's boundaries and it had a great view where the entire town could be seen. It also doubled as his favorite lookout spot for his 'hunts' though she was the very first target he tagged.

Charlotte let out a soft chuckle and shook her head. "Maybe one day, but remember we still just talked for the first time today," she said teasing him right back, a smile still on her face. "Are we going to walk all the way up there?" She craned her neck as she looked at the top of the hill. Then let herself take a quick glance at Kai, before looking back at the hill. She wouldn't mind walking up the hill but from the spot she was standing in it looked like it might take a minute or two to even get close to its top.

"Of course we are." he said with a smile then picked her up and carried her up the hill with no difficulty. "Well ya know stranger things have happened" he added. "Of course things will get even stranger the longer we're out here" he thought as he finished carrying her to the top. He put her down so she could see the view for herself then sat on the edge of the hill and looked at all the people walking around below them.

Charlotte let out a quiet squeal as she felt her feet loose contact with the ground, and Kai's arms around her. It felt kinda nice to be in his arms, which seemed to be much stronger than she had anticipated. Despite hardly knowing the boy she felt a strange connection between them for what seemed like the millionth time today. "Wow..," she said almost breathlessly as he set her down. She had never been to the top of the hill, only just circling the bottom. "It's kinda awesome up here!" she giggled as she watched the small figures walk below them.

Kai smiled at her then looked down at the people passing by. "Yeah it really is. That's why I love this spot." he then stood up and looked at the time on his cell. "Do you..want to go out to dinner...with me?" he asked since it was just gonna be them for the rest of the day and figured she would like to not starve during that time. He knew exactly where to take her but only if she accepted. "I guess this could count as a first unofficial date...right?' he thought to himself then awaited her response.

Charlotte looked up from the people below at Kai's question. It had kinda surprised her. "Like... tonight? Now?" Although is question came as a surprise she was glad he had asked it because she could feel her stomach beginning to growl. "Yeah, sure.. ya I'd like that,"she said, finally answering his question. "Do you have a place in mind?"

"Yup it's a nice little place that's close to here and the service is epic." he said standing up and taking the lead. "I've got to at least keep us out of the moonlight. It would have to be a full moon the rest of this week wouldn't it..." he though with a few curses here and there. He waited for her at the bottom of the hill then looked at his watch to double what time it was. It was 6:30 and the sun was just starting to set over the horizon. "There goes that chance. Maybe next time I guess he thought, remembering that the hill had a great view of the sunset as well.

"That's the best kind of service. Epic service," Charlotte said with a giggle. She quickly made her way down the hill, trying not to stumble and fall over, making her way to Kai. "I bet that hill is great to watch the sunset on.." she thought aloud, unaware that he was thinking something similar. Taking one last glance at the hill she let out a sigh and started walking alongside Kai. "We should come back sometime.. and you know, watch the sunset or something," she suggested, implying that she'd like to spend more time with him after this day was over.

"Of course. My hill is your hill." he replied with a smile then took her hand and walked down the street in the direction of the restaurant he spoke of. He took a glance back at her then forward again. "I hope the sun doesn't set til we get there" he thought as he discreetly checked his watch for the time. It read 6:45 and the sun usually sets completely at about 7 o'clock so they had 15 minutes to get there, luckily it was only a 5 minute walk from their current location so he didn't rush. "What do you usually like to eat?" he asked in order to restart the conversation and break the silence.

Charlotte let out a chuckle at Kai's response. Then felt her cheeks grow a rosy color as his hand held hers. "Well, I will eat about anything. Except sushi. No sushi. So, as long as this isn't a sushi joint, I shouldn't have a complaint," she said. She really would eat just about anything. So far, in her eating experiences sushi had been the only food she had tried and couldn't force herself to eat it. "Especially if it is as 'epic' as you make it out to be," she said with a teasing giggle.

"Well then lucky for me we're going to an all you can eat buffet so no worries there." he said as he saw the sign for the place then turned and picked her up so he could jog the rest of the way without feeling like he was dragging her the entire time. Once outside the front door to the restaurant he put her down and walked inside, holding the door open like a gentleman would of course.

She let yet another squeal escape her mouth at the feeling of her feet loosing contact with the ground, for the second time tonight 'What is with him and picking me up?' she thought to herself with a smile on her face. Not that it bothered her or anything, she just thought it was kinda funny. "Why thank you, sir,'" she said as her feet regained contact with the earth, walking into the restaurant. But stopping to wait for Kai before getting to far inside.

"Sorry about constantly picking you up so suddenly. I just thought it'd be faster that way." he said waking up to the cashier and paying for them both then walking further in to find a table for two. He found a free booth and sat on one side. "Well welcome to my favorite places part two. I love this restaurant cause if you want anything grilled they do it right in front of you" he said pointing over to the grill area where a man was grilling steak, shrimp and some small pieces of beef for some other people who were having dinner there. "Also I know you want to avoid sushi at all costs but so you can do so the sushi bar is right over there" he said pointing in the opposite direction of the grilling area. "Other than that everything else is free game including desert" he said pointing to the desert area. "So go crazeh. It's already paid for. Eat til ya pop." he finished with a chuckle.

"It's fine," she reassured him with a smile. "In fact, it's kinda fun.." she said sheepishly. Charlotte's eyes follow Kai's hands as he points to different corners of the restaurant, explaining the locations of different foods. When he was finished she gave him a nod and stood up from the table. "Alright, lets get to eatin'!" She said before grabbing a plate off a neat stack on a near by buffet table. "So do I have to ask for something to be made for me.. or can I just take what they already have..?"

"Depending on what you want. If you want something grilled then you have to go up and ask for to be grilled. If not then just grab n go" he said taking some shrimp and taking to the man behind the grill then asked for then grilled. While he was doing that he went to get some mac n cheese and some chicken then went back to get the shrimp and sat back at the table.

Charlotte nodded her head and wandered off picking up various foods along the way. When she got back to the table, her plate was filled to its maximum capacity with a small salad, a few chicken legs, some fresh fruit, some shrimp and cocktail sauce and two melt in your mouth cookies. "Yum," she hummed as she took a small shrimp and popped it into her mouth. "Thank you for bringing me here, Kai.." she said as she picked at some of the other food on her plate. Skipping lunch earlier had made a big impact on her current appetite.

Kai chuckled and watched her eat. "It's no problem at all. I'm glad to be here with you Charlotte though to be honest who knew it'd be like this. We had just properly met today and we're already having dinner together. Who would've known right?" he said then continued eating. He obviously was raised properly due to his constant mannerisms like wiping his mouth whenever he got food on it instead of licking it off. He took a sip of water to clear the taste from his mouth then continued eating.

"I'm glad to be here too, and right? I would have never guessed I'd be here with you this morning." She said with a chuckle matching Kai's. Charlotte continued to pick at the food on her plate, eating a few bites of everything, but saving her cookies for last. Her eating mannerisms weren't as proper as his but they were acceptable for a dinner out with a friend or whatever they were at the moment. "They have pretty good food here.. for a buffet, I mean," she said popping another shrimp into her mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.