We Used To Be Friends...Right? (W/Wolfiethehybrid123)

• Thread starter Charlie Vasilyev
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie didn't sleep well, though was too be expected in a hospital room. Nurses were always coming in and out checking her vitals and doing whatever oher tasks they needed to do as loudly as possible, or so it seemed to Charlie. She was now sitting up, she'd been fed and had her insulin. Her father was there alone to see if they could check her out and bring her home.
It was around mid-day already because they were waiting for test results to come in and the doctor was talking to her father about the possibility of an insulin pump instead of having injections. Charlie hoped she wouldn't have to have a pump. She knew the supplies for a pump were really expensive and she honestly would rather not have to wear one because it pretty much would broadcast to the world 'HEY I'M DIABETIC!'. Though with a pump she'd have less ups and downs and wouldn't have to inject herself 5-6 times a day. Her dad was considering it, but had told her it wasn't likely just because of money at the moment.
Her father came in,
"Paperworks is done, you can get dressed and we'll head home." he told her. He handed her a set of clean clothes he'd brought and left to give her privacy. Charlie got dressed into the brown cargo pants, light blue v-neck, and plue plaid button up. She pulled on her socks and work boots she'd been brought and told her dad she was ready to go.
They headed out to the car and Charlie buckled in as they headed home,
"Ky told me you ran off when he tried to talk to you." her father said. Charlie felt herself tense, "I know you're tired, Charlie, but you're either talking to be or your mom about what happened before you passed out. You can rest first but it's going to to happen." Jack told his daughter firmly.
Charlie nodded a feeling of dread and fear washed over her and she felt anxiety raising her heart beat. She wasn't looking forward to that conversation.
"Also, we've invited Kyle and his sisters over for dinner. Their family's in a tough spot and we want to help them. Plus Kyle deserves to know you're doing OK." Jack warned his daughter. Charlie felt her anxiety amp up even more, but she just nodded and stared quietly outside,
"Is their father coming?" Charlie asked softly.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Kyle wake up!" Kyra whined as she jumped on her older brother, who let out an annoyed grunt and slowly sat up.

"Alright, alright, i'm up. What do you rascals want?" He ran a hand through his messy hair. Jessica and Kyra looked at each other and grinned before turning back to face Kyle.

"Waffles!"

He winced at the volume of their voices and let out a grunt, "Of course you do..." He pulled himself out of bed and trudged out of his room and downstairs, rubbing sleep from his eyes as he went.

A few minutes later his sister's sat in dresses, eating waffles with lots of syrup. Both grinning at Kyle as he leaned against the kitchen counter, he had changed into a white long-sleeved shirt and brown knee length shorts. His feet were bare.

Chase and Tenshi were eating dog food, crunching loudly as Kyle watched them, eating his coco pops with a bored expression. He still felt tired and Mr. Murphy had invited them over for dinner. It was a nice offer and it also meant he wouldn't need to cook. He wasn't going to take his dogs this time though he wanted Tenshi to get rest and Chase would most likely break something.

The brunette put his now empty bowl in the sink and picked up his sister's plates. Dumping them in the sink too.

His sisters cleaned their faces before running off to play, giggling as they went.

A few hours had passed and Kyle ended up calling Mr. Murphy to ask if he could pick them up a few hours earlier then dinner as his sisters were complaining about being bored.

Typical of them really.

Charlie was sleeping upstairs in her room and the twins were napping. Griffith had insisted on napping with Charlie in her bed. The little ones were having a later nap than normal because they were having dinner guests and Mr. Murphy mentioned the possibility of having a late night bonfire with their guests.

Mr. Murphy was outside working when his phone rang, he picked wiped his hands on his pants and answered it,
"Hello, Kyle." he greeted. He sat on top of the tool shed where he'd been fixing the roof and signaled to Noah to stop hammering away where he was working. Noah liked to work with his dad a lot. The two younger boys were lugging wood out to their bonfire spot for tonight under Sawyer's supervision and Jessie was helping her mom in the house.

Kyle grinned when Mr. Murphy answered, "Hey! I was wondering if you could pick us up an hour before dinner, my sisters are getting bored and wanna come over and play." The brunette walked out of the kitchen, Jessica was sat watching TV while Kyra sat drawing in one of Kyle's drawing books. He took a seat next to her and she looked up at him before continuing to draw a picture Tenshi.

"Also, how's Charlie?"

"Yeah, I'm working right now but I'll send Mrs. Murphy to pick you guys up in a few moments.
Charlie's doing OK. I think she's sleeping right now...you don't get good rest in a hospital." He told Kyle.
"Anyway I gotta finish up here Mrs. Murphy will come pick you up." He said. He hung up,
"Noah, run and ask Mom if she's willing to pick the Carters kids up now." He told his son. Noah climbed down and ran off while Mr. Murphy gig back to work.

Mrs. Murphy went upstairs after saying she's go pick up their guests.
"Charlie, wake up. I'm going to pick up Kyle and his sisters. Dad's working so you're in charge until he's done or I get back." She informed her daughter.
Charlie tiredly nodded and got carefully out of bed. She ran her fingers through her hair and made her bed as her youngest brother climbed out of it.
Mrs Murphy went and drove off to pick Kyle up while Charlie made her way downstairs. She has Justus in her arms and was hiding Hiedi's hand as she went down the stairs. Griffith followed behind them.
Charlie went out back with the kids, it was actually a warm day so she pulled out the kiddie pools and started to fill them up for the little ones to play in.

Kyle smiled, "Thanks." He hung up and shoved his phone in his pocket, looking over at his sisters, "alright you two get your shoes on Mrs. Murphy is coming to pick us up." The girl cheered and ran off to put on their shoes. Kyle followed after them slowly, picking out a pair of socks from the wash basket as he walked past it.

Soon all three were stood outside, Kyle tapping his foot as he waited for Mrs. Murphy. Jessica and Kyra were sat in front of the door, both of them singing a song they had heard from the tv while they tapped their feet to the beat.

After awhile Mrs. Murphy pulled up in front of the Carter household and Kyra and Jessica bolted towards the car, "Hello Mrs. Murphy!" They both chimed at the same time before climbing into the back as Kyle walked over. He got into the passenger seat and looked back at Kyra and Jessica to make sure their seatbelts were on.

He buckled in himself and sent the older woman a smile before turning to gaze out of the window.

Charlie had been wearing switchback pants she could turn into shorts by unzipping the bottom part. She did turn them into shirts because it was nice out and was now playing with her younger siblings. She was sitting next to the kiddie pool with Justus who was sitting in the middle of the pool splashing around. Heidi and Griffith were running around jumping in and out of the other kiddie pool. Joshua, Sam, and Sawyer came back and started to play with Heidi and Griffith.
Jessie was inside reading. They soon heard the truck pull up and Jessie went to greet her mom and the guests. Charlie silently steeled herself for meeting Kyle again

Jessica and Kyra had bolted out of the truck as soon as they could, running off to meet with the younger kids while Kyle slowly pulled himself out the car, "Thanks for giving us a lift." He nodded to Mrs. Murphy before following his sisters, he grinned at Jessie as he passed.

Jessica ran into the backyard while Kyra skipped, "Hey Heidi!" The older sister called, waving to the girl she spent most of yesterday playing with. Jessica walked over to the others while Kyra waited for Kyle.

The eldest of the Carter children walked into the backyard, running his hands through his already messy hair as he walked over to the kiddy pools, Kyra at his side.

He looked up slowly, meeting Charlie's gaze before dropping it again, biting his lip as he walked, his bangs covering his face.

He ended up sitting on the grass as Kyra walked over to Heidi, keeping his gaze on his crossed legs as he fiddled with a blade of grass. Never before had being in a girl's present made him so nervous.

Charlie attempted to ignore Kyle as she interacted with Justus in the kiddie pool. She smiled as she splashed her littlest sister with water and pushed a rubber duck towards her. The smile was slightly strained and nervous because she was extremely uncomfortable with her old friend's presence.
Justus splashed the water and giggled because she loved water. Baths were one of her favorite things and she enjoyed sitting in the kiddie pool. Mr. Murphy was considering taking her to a lake and teaching her to swim because it might help her learn to walk.

Heidi waved at Kyra. She ran over to her and tugged on her arm trying to get her to come over to the kiddie pool to play.

Noah came over from the tool shed.
"Dad's almost done with the roof. He'll be over here soon." He announced.

Kyra giggled and followed Heidi, taking off her socks and shoes so she could play in the kiddie pool, splashing at Heidi as she giggled.

Kyle decided to sun bathe, closing his eyes and crossing his arms behind his head. He sighed through her nose and held back a yawn, ignoring the twitch in his fingers. The fact that he could feel his sleeves riding up his arms bugged him too but he tried to ignore it.

Jessica looked around before taking off her shoes and socks and sitting next to Kyle, picking daisies she found beginning to make a daisy chain.

After she was finished she sat it on Kyle's head, giggling as he opened one eye to give her a confused look.

Charlie glanced at Kyle. She thought she saw scars or scratches on his arms but looked away too soon to be sure. Justus crawled around in the kiddie pool. Her crawling was awkward but she did it when she felt like it.
Mr. Murphy came over from the she'd half an hour later. He smiled at the playing kids and came over to Charlie and Justus
"You and Sawyer or Kyle wanna see if mom needs help cooking?" He asked squatting next to Charlie.
"I'll play with Justus." He added. Charlie nodded and stood up.

Kyle looked up when he heard his name, pulling himself into a sitting position and tugging his sleeves down his arms. Hiding his scars as he walked towards the house, maybe helping Mrs. Murphy would help take his mind off Charlie avoiding him.

Jessica frowned when Kyle walked off but giggled when she noticed he wasn't talking off his daisy crown. The blonde stood up and skipped over to Sam, hoping to join in with their game.

Charlie went inside with Kyle, still not looking at him.
"Hey Mom, you need any help?" She asked her voice quiet and strained.
"Actually yes. " Mrs. Murphy responded. She pulled out a large bowl or dough,
"You and Kyle can help make the rolls. You know how, Charlie. I have to go get the meat ready." She said. Charlie bit her lip. Why were her parents forcing her to interact with Kyle?
She took the bowl of dough over to the table and the went and got a cooking sheet and some other supplies.

Kyle sighed, waiting for Charlie to return as he rolled up his sleeves. It felt horrible to have his scars on display but he didn't want to get dough and flower on his sleeves. He pulled off his daisy crown, setting it on the side before washing and drying his hands.

Everybody seemed to be forcing him to interact with Charlie, he had missed her sure, but he had changed over the years. His depression had grown and he had a pretty bad habbit, would it be a good idea to hang out with her when he could just end up hurting her?

Then again, he did want to know why she had abandoned him.

Charlie laid out the other supplies with was a bowl of flour, salt shaker, a bowl of melted butter, and a baisting brush.
"You're gonna get some flour on your hands and then pull off a chunk of dough about this big." Charlie quietly explained showing him.
"Then you roll it into a ball like this." She continued pausing as she showed him how to properly roll the dough into a roll,
"Lastly you lay it on the tray and then baste some butter on it to finish it off you sprinkle some salt on the roll. " Charlie finished. She didn't look at him the entire time she talked and immiedetly went quiet again after she was done. She started in a new roll.

Kyle nodded slowly, watching what she was doing before starting to make his own.

For somebody who hadn't done this before, his rolls came out nicely. Which was odd considering he wasn't even focusing on the task at hand. His mind was thinking back to when he would hang out with Charlie and play in his backyard.

"Heidi told Kyra you kept the gifts I gave you..." He muttered as he started another roll, glancing at her before looking away,"Kyra told me..."

Last edited:
Charlie grunted her disapproval,
"Yeah you can learn a lot from little kids." She commented addressing the fact her little sister generally told people too much. She'd making rolls for years so she was very fast and good at it.
Charlie slopped some butter and sprinkled salt on them. She didn't know what to say to Kyle. When the tray was full she grabbed it,
"I told you I don't hate you." She muttered as she went and shoved the tray in the oven and got a fresh tray to fill with rolls. She started to make more rolls for the second tray.

Kyle looked up at her, "Then why did you stop talking to me...?" His voice was hushed.

The brunette looked away and bit his bottom lip, getting to work on making another roll. He stopped trying to act happy and just went back to focusing on the task at hand.

'I'm not going to cry, that would be pathetic...' He mentally scolded himself as he felt a pressure build at the back of his eyes. Damn his emotions.

Charlie sensed a change in Kyle's voice she swallowed when he asked her why she left.
"I can't tell you, Kyle, I just had to leave." She said, addressing him and looking him in the eye for the first time in a few years. She shook her head, frustrated and upset. She tried not to show how upset she really was. Charlie tossed another roll carelessly onto the cookie sheet sloshed some butter on it and sprinkled some salt.
She grabbed s mother chunk of dough just wanting this job to be over with.

Kyle let out a sigh, putting his roll on the tray, spreading some butter on it before sprinkling some salt. He pulled off another ball of dough and rolled it.

"What happened yesterday Charlie? You passed out on my street, why?" Ky decided to change the subject.

"Nearly gave me a heart attack..." That was muttered under his breath as he sprinkled salt on a roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.