We Used To Be Friends...Right? (W/Wolfiethehybrid123)

• Thread starter Charlie Vasilyev
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"My blood sugars dropped too low." Charlie quickly and simply. This was the longest conversation she'd had with anyone from school for a while. After...what had happened to her Charlie had kept to herself mostly she'd been a touch shy and quiet when's he was little but now she's go whole days without saying a word at school and barely speaking at home also. She rolled out another rolls going much faster than Kyle was. She looked outside at the kids playing as she made the dough.

Kyle seemed to let out a sigh of relief but he covered it up with a cough. He started to make rolls faster, glancing up just in time to see Kyra dump a handful of water over Jessica's head. He bit back a laugh, snickering at the look of utter horror the blonde sent her older sister who had ran off giggling.

"God I wish I could see them this happy everyday." He sighed, looking back down at his roll, which he had somehow turned into a carrot. He raised an eyebrow at the carrot shaped roll before starting again.

Charlie nodded her agreement. It was always by amazing to see when your little siblings happy. She smiled as she saw her little siblings playing with Kyle's siblings. She put the last roll on the cookie sheet and took it into the kitchen. Putting the tray on the counter she opened the oven and checked the rolls in there. They were pretty much done she turned the broiler on to golden the tops and then pulled them out and put the next batch in.
Charlie took a roll off the sheet and ripping it in half she hate half and put the other half onto a paper towel.
She brought it in and out it next to Kyle.

Kyle sighed and sat on the table, tapping his feet as he watched Charlie. He rolled his sleeves down slowly, turning his attention to his scars as he frowned. He looked back up when Charlie brought him half of one of the rolls.

"Thanks..." He sent her a small smile and began eating. Tapping his feat.

Charlie nodded. She started to wipe down the table and clean up the flour. She'd noticed Kyle's scars and it worried her. Charlie still cared for Kyle alot, she always had she'd just been too afraid to hang out with him anymore. She beens cared she'd accidentily let what his father had done slip and especially after his mother died she hadn't wanted to burden him with that. She was afraid that Mr. Carter would actually follow through with the various threats he'd whispered in her ear while he was...doing it. Charlie was also worried no one would believe after all this time. She didn't want to admit to being as broken as she felt so to her her best option was to cut off any ties to Mr. Carter and try and push everything that had to do with him away from her life.
Charlie finished cleaning the table and started to set it. They were having pasta tonight with homemade alfredo and marinara sauce. When people visited the Murphys they were always shocked at the amount of food Mrs. Murphy made for dinner, but with such a large family of growing, hardworking kids it took a lot of food to feed them all.

Kyle sniffed, standing up as he swallowed the last of his roll. His phone rang and he jumped slightly, pulling it out and raising an eyebrow at the called ID before answering, "Hey? You don't normally-"

He winced as whoever was on the other end started yelling at him, causing Ky to grit his teeth, "I told you I was taking Kyra and Jessica out, we won't be back until later.."

The brunette sighed, "Yes, this means you're going to have to make your own food dad. I can't cook for you all the time..... Yeah, sure i'll tell him you said hi."

He hung up and shoved his phone back in his pocket, "God he frustrates me..." Kyle sighed before deciding to walk outside to check on Kyra and Jessica.

Charlie tensed when she heard Mr. Carter's voice over the phone. She almost dropped the dishes she was holding but managed to keep her grip on everything. She felt extremely tense as she listened to Kyle talk to his father who didn't sound happy. Charlie did her best to ignore the substance of the conversation feeling it was inconsiderate to eves-drop on the Carter family members. She didn't comment on what Kyle said after he was done and watched him leave.
Charlie breathed a soft sigh of relief and relaxed a little when Kyle left the room. That voice...it'd been so long since she'd heard it last. She felt panic gripping her stomach and after quickly finishing setting the table she went up to her room and closed the door behind her. Charlie sat on her bed and put her kangaroo on her lap. She hugged her knees pressing her face into her stuffed toy. She had to stay calm. She tried to breath slowly and deeply, but Kyle's presence had started to stir some darker memories she'd attempted to repress and hearing Mr. Carter's voice had only served to help trigger those memories to come back to the surface and along with those memories a wave of emotions she didn't want to feel washed over her.

Kyle walked out into the backyard, being greeted by his two sisters who were both soaking wet, "What did you two do?"

"We play fighted in the pool." Jessica said, pointing towards the kiddie pool.

"Fighted isn't a word." Kyra looked over at her younger sister, who glared at her. Kyle sighed and walked past the two, walking over to Mrs. Murphy.

"Hey! Charlie and I have finished the rolls, I don't know where she went though, might still be in the kitchen."

Mrs. Murphy,
"Thanks, sweetie." She said. She checked the time.
"I'm going to go start on the pasta are there any allergies in your family?" She asked as she stood up from where she was sitting next to Mr. Murphy. She wanted to make sure that none of the kids were going to have any reactions at tonight's meal.
Some of the kids in the family had allergies so Mrs Murphy understood needing to make some adjustments to meals for them. For example Joshua had had chicken noodle soup last night instead of tomato and Georgia was allergic to peanuts.

"No, they're all alright. Do you want any help, wait no actually, do you know how I can dry off my sisters?" He looked over at the two girls who had just approached them.

Jessica pointed at Kyra, "She pushed me on the pool again!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

Kyle sighed, glaring at the two. They must of felt his glare as they stopped arguing and looked at their older brother.

"Yes we do." Mrs Murphy said.
"Sawyer!" She called Sawyer came bounding over,
"Can you take these two girls up to you girls' room? Get them a towel and just let them borrow some clothes?" The mother requested. Sawyer nodded,
"Yes ma'am!" She responded cheerfully. "Come on!" She called to Kyra and Jessica and turning ran into the house. Jessie came up behind the two girls
"You can borrow some of my clothes!" She offered the younger sister as she too headed inside to change since she was wet too.

"If you want to help sure, I can always use an extra hand." Mrs Murphy responded to the first part of Kyle's question.

The girls nodded and followed after Sawyer, sending glares at each other. Kyle sighed.

"God they're gonna be the death of me. Anyway, just tell me what to do and i'll do it." He grinned, "should I find Charlie and ask her if she wants to help?"

He tried to hide the hope in his voice. He really did, but it was obvious he wanted to be around her. The brunette inwardly face palmed at how stupid and desperate he sounded, oh joy.

Mrs. Murphy glanced at Kyle. He seemed desperate for Charlie's company even though she totally ignored him most of the time. Mrs Murphy made a mental note to talk to her daughter about that.
"You see if she wants to help." Mrs Murphy said cautiously, "If she says no though just leave her alone. She's had a rough few days and may want to be left a lone." She added.
The pair went into the house and Mrs Murphy looked around. Charlie wasn't in the kitchen or dinning room Mrs Murphy went into kitchen and started to get the things out for tonight's dinner.
"Charlie might be upstairs. " she told Kyle.

Kyla held back the urge to fist bump and followed Mrs. Murphy inside, biting his lip when they couldn't find her.

The brunette nodded and headed upstairs, running his hands through his hair as he looked around, "Charlie?" He asked outloud, looking around.

He opened several doors, shutting them when he didn't see Charlie, he grinned at his sisters when he saw them (now dresses and mostly dry) before he opened Charlie's door and froze.

"Charlie..." He whispered softly, seeing her upset made his heart shatter.

Charlie looked up startled she saw Kyle in the door way and jumped off the bed quickly dropping her kangaroo on the bed. She forward at him, did he not know what knocking was? She fekt suddenly very ashamed that someone had seen her like that and also a little indignant that someone had broken in in her personal time.
"What do you want?" She asked her voice a bit shaky, she ran her hands through her hair and taking her glasses off nervously cleaned them on her shirt. She could smell her mother cooking downstairs and heard the girls down the hall giggling and playing in Sawyer and Jessie's room.

Kyle jumped himself, shocked at her reactions, "It... doesn't matter right now. Charlie why are you crying? You now I hate seeing you cry." As children he always went out of his way to make Charlie happy, even going as far as to interrupt class to get her to laugh.

He walked over slowly, stopping before he was too close and rubbing the back of his neck, "Do you wanna hug? You used to like my hugs when we were younger so... Ya know, might help. They are magical after all." He sent a small grin, his mismatched eyes showing his worry for her.

• Love
Reactions: Charlie Vasilyev
Charlie put her glasses on. She didn't realize she'd been actually crying, but now that Kyle mentioned it her cheeks felt wet. She put her glasses back on ran her hands over her face.
Did she want a hug? Of course she did...she'd always loved hugs(though she wouldn't admit to anyone really except Kyle and some family members), but she was scared to let Kyle back into her world. She didn't know what to say not actually wanting to turn him away. Charlie slumped and at on the edge of the bed, she hung her head and shrugged a little putting her face in her hands. She as so tired from the hospital she was finding it harder to control her emotions.
"I-I'm sorry, Kyle...I'm so sorry." Charlie whispered. It wasn't his fault she'd left and he was the one who'd had to suffer because of it.

Kyle smiled sadly and walked forward, wrapping his arms around her smaller frame, leaning down to rest his face on her head. His hug wasn't constricting and she wasn't pulled flush against him, this was how he normally started a hug, letting the person snuggle up to him if they so well pleased.

"Hey it's okay, you're okay. I am always going to be here for you Charlie, not matter how long you go away, i'll always care for you and look after you. Okay?" He pulled back and leaned down so he could look her dead in the eyes, showing he was serious. A soft smiled graced his lips and he pressed a gentle and quick kiss against Charlie's forhead, hiding his face back in her hair.

"This is gonna sound creepy but you smell nice... Is that creepy? I think that's creepy..."

Charlie leaned into him and hugged him awkwardly back. It felt a little weird yet also had that feeling of sleeping in your own bed after weeks of not...strange but like you were finally home again. He was the only person she'd ever hugged outside of the family well besides...Mr Carter. She shuddered at that thought slightly hoping that Kyle didn't notice.
Charlie looked into Kyle's eyes when he looked into her eyes not even trying to look away. She gave a him a slightly crooked smile starting to feel like she had when she was younger and had hung out with Kyle.
Charlie's right eyebrow shot up when he commented on she smelled. Especially since she hadn't showered since she hit home from the hospital.
"Yeah...it's creepy...kinda ruined the moment." She responded to him feeling herself chuckle despite not wanting to get attached to Kyle again
"Now what did you barge in here for?" She inquired as she cleaned her glasses again and wiped her face off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle let out a laugh at Charlie's words, wrapping an arm around her, "Look at it this way, I complemented you, I could've said you stunk." He sent a grin her way and pulled away from her, stretching his arms above his head.

"You're mum has started making diner and i'm helping. We were wondering if you wanted to help to?" He rubbed the back of his head, "you don't need to, just thought I would ask. But instead we ended up hugging and I said something creepy."

Status
Not open for further replies.