We Used To Be Friends...Right? (W/Wolfiethehybrid123)

• Thread starter Charlie Vasilyev
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elysa picked up the phone,
"Hello Kyle..." she said surprised, she hadn't heard from Kyle in years. The mother listened for a few seconds, "Listen call the ambulance now I'll come as quickly as I can. She's probably in diabetic shock or something." her mother said firmly. The woman didn't sounds panicked though she was panicking. She just knew especially when telling someone else what to do panic never helped. Plus there were little kids running around her and she didn't need them hearing her freak out on the phone because it would be harder to get them into the car.
Elysa Murphy put her hand over the speaker of the phone,
"JOSHUA!" she called for her oldest son at home right now. The boy came bounding in from the kitchen...of course,
"Run, get your father tell him he needs to come here now. Tell him Mommy says run OK?" she told the little boy calmly and sternly. Her son nodded and turning ran out of the backdoor out towards the fields. He was fast for his her age.
Mrs. Murphy removed her hand from the speaker,
"Talk to me, Ky, OK. If you're holding her lie her down on the ground. She might have a seizure OK? Just make sure she doesn't hit her head on anything..." she ordered the boy on the other end of the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle rested Charlie on the ground, Chase backed away from him and sat down, whimpering. Kyle sighed, trying to calm down, "I'm gonna put you on hold while I call an ambulance." He told the woman quickly before dialing a ambulance.

He explained where he was and what had happened to the woman on the other end quickly before hanging up and goung back to his call with Elysa, "Okay back, they're on there way..." he ran his hands through his hair, "god she's pale, she-she is really pale does that mean anything?"

"She's pale because her blood sugars are low...probably very low." the mother explained.
"Kyle, listen to me do you remember how to give a glucagon shot? I remember we taught you how in elementary school." the mother asked. She waited for his response when Jack came rushing in,
"What's wrong?" he gasped, Elysa covered the mic again,
"Charlie collapsed. She's with Kyle on Rogers Rd." she explained to her husband. "911 has been called. Get the truck and go there I'll round the kids up." she promised him. Jack nodded,
"Why wasn't she in school?" Jack asked as he grabbed the keys. He rushed out before he saw his wife shrug. Mrs. Murphy rushed around adn started gathering the kids up,
"Kyle, Mr. Murphy is on his way. If you're OK with it you'l ride with him to the hospital after Charlie gets picked up." she told him as she put the two years olds in the car and tried to wrangle Griffith into his seat. She signaled for Joshua to come over to her,
"Go get your sis's kangaroo than get back here." she told him. The boy ran back into the house.

"Y-Yeah I remember how." Kyle froze up for a second, this was probably his fault in some way wasn't it, probably was.

"I can ride with him, he'll have to put up with my dog- Oh god Chase knew something was gonna happen no wonder he wanted to walk with Charlie!" Kyle smacked his head in shock, staring at his dog with a gaping mouth as an ambulance rounded the corner, it's sirens blaring.

"Ambulance arrived." Kyle muttered into the phone as the paramedics got out, Kyle dragged Chase away from Charlie as they began to check her over.

The paramedics quickly got Charlie onto a stretcher as one prepped a glucagon shot. While the paramedic was prepping the shot he talked to Kyle,
"Alright, Kiddo, give me the nuts and bolts. What happened, keep it simple we have to get her to a hospital." he asked quickly as he injected Charlie with the glucagon and the paramedics started to load her into the ambulance. They would first take her to the tiny barely-qualifies as a hospital in town. In reality it was a slightly large clinic at most.

Mr. Murphy was driving fast up the road. They were a good distance from the town so he was being a little reckless trying to get there in time.

Elysa made sure Joshua got buckled in and paused for a few moment. Most hospitals didn't let dog in, but she didn't want to just ditch them. She sighed and ran her hands through her hair. She'd get the dogs, they keep the kids busy outside the hospital. Elysa whistled and the dogs came and jumped in the car. Mrs. Murphy locked the house up. The dogs helped Griffith stay calm anyway most of time.
"Hey, Ky, I gotta go OK sweetie?" she said, "Mr. Murphy's almost there." she promised and then hung up. She got in the car and started to drive. She glanced at the time. It was around 1:30. Only an hour and half or so until school let out she'd pick the kids up after school was let out. It'd probably take an hour ad half to fully stabalize Charlie and get all the information together anyway.

"Chase was acting odd, Charlie was really pale and when I pointed it out she snapped at me but she was talking slowly, then she paused and passed out." He ran his hand through his hair, glancing over at Charlie then looking at the paramedic, he sighed as he ran his hands through his hair.

Chase whimpered before nudging Kyle's leg, the teenager looked down at his dog and sat down on the ground, scratching his dog behind the ears as he waited for Mr. Murphy to arrive so he could get a lift to the hospital. Chase was on edge and so was he, and well he just wanted to know if Charlie was going to be alright.

The large german sheppard nuzzeled into Kyle's stomach, whimpering as his ears folded back against his skull.

The paramedic nodded. He got into the ambulance and they tore off to get Charlie to the 'hospital' in town. Not long after considering how far away the Murphy farm was Mr. Murphy came roaring up in his truck. He stopped next to Kyle and rolled the window down. It was probably about 10 minutes since he'd started driving.
"Get in, son. The dog cane be in the cab." he ordered quickly. He was obviously worried and wanted to get to his daughter as soon as possible. He opened the passenger door so Kyle and Chase could get in.

Mrs. Murphy drove along the road at a very safe pace. She was at the top of the speed limit but knew it'd be a while. She was actually going the speed limit and her husband had been speeding to get there in time. She listened to the kids in the back. Heidi was babbling away about nonesense and the boys were talking. Justus didn't talk yet though. Mrs. Murphy realized she needed to pick the older kids up so they could help watch the younger ones.

Kyle nodded and opened the back door fir Chase to jump in before he shut it and climbed in the front, "H-He's trained." Ky muttered, glancing at Chase who was whimpering and looking around. The brunette turned to look out the window, running his hand through his hair as he bit down on his lip.

~~~~~~

They pulled up infront of the hospital after what felt like years but was only minutes with how fast Mr. Murphy had been going. He tied Chase to something to stop him from running off before entering the hospital.

Chase growled and fought with his collar, eventual getting it to come off over his head. He shook his head quickly and sat down, waiting for his master to return.

Mr. Murphy got put to the car with Kyle and went in. They were told they had to wait in the waiting room while they stabalized Charlie in the back and that a doctor would be out to talk to them as soon as possible. Mr. Murphy started to pace the waiting room nervously. He was worried for his daughter, he always was. Especially after she'd left Kyle. With Kyle at least she'd a friend, she'd been happy, and opened up to him. After she'd left though she retreated more into herself. Both parents know something had went very wrong at some point, But Charlie refused to talk to them about it.

Mrs. Murphy and the rest of the kids showed up about 30 minutes later. She entered leaving the kids outside. Mrs. Murphy had under her arm a Kangaroo Pillow-Pet ( http://i.imgur.com/KNWZ2gs.jpg & http://i.imgur.com/VwnMjMJ.jpg) It had actually been Ky who'd given that too Charlie when she was 7.
Both parents were taken aside and talked to by a doctor,
"Has this ever happened before?" the doctor asked, "Only once has it ever been this bad. When Charlie was 13 she was getting bullied for her weight and stopped eating her lunches. She went into a diabetic coma right before her 14th birthday... I mean with puberty and such it's been rough, but only that once has it ever been this bad.." Jack explained. The doctor said some more stuff to the parents who listened closely.

Mrs. Murphy came over to Kyle,
"Hey Kyle." she said sitting next to him,
"they stabalized Charlie but for now only family can go in and they want her resting. I'm gonna tell the kids to walk the dogs if you want to join them you can." she offered.

Kyle sighed, but nodded anyway, turning and walking out of the hospital. Charlie had kept his gift? The thought brought a small smile to his lips, that smile vanished when he saw Chase sat away from where he had been tied up, one of Charlie's younger siblings petting him. He hadn't spotted the others dogs yet.

"Chase!" The dog jumped and looked at his master who had crossed his arms over his chest, the brunette let out an annoyed sound and walked over to the post where the dog's leash was. He untied it and then walked over to the german sheppard, pulling the collar back onto the dog before unclipping the leash and stuffing it in his pocket.

Then Chase noticied Admiral and went into a frenzy. The large black dog bounded over to her, running around the female canine and barking happily, stopping to lick her cheek and jump up onto his hind legs and couple of times before spinning around. He looked at Kyle then back to Admiral and barked again. Then he dropped onto his back and rolled and couple of times, looking up at the older dog.

Kyle chuckled at the display, shaking his head.

Admiral went nuts, or as nuts as the older dog would go when she saw Chase. She happily spun with him and barked excitedly wagging her tail wildly. She was so excited to see her friend from a long time ago. She sniffed at him and danced around on the leash which Jessie was holding.
"Admiral, sit!" she called. Jessie petted the old female dog and watched the younger one's frantic displays of affection while Admiral showed affection back but more reserved after being told to sit. She was obviously happy though because she kept moving her paws and playfully swatting at her friend. Her one eye danced and she licked at the young dog's face.
Elvis was trying to join in the fun running around on his leash happily while Noah depserately tried to not get everyone tangled in the puppy's leash. sawyer and Noah both remembered Kyle a little bit but the other kids didn't.
The baby twins were sitting in a stroller which Sawyer was going to push as the got ready for their walk.
Mrs. Murphy came out to tell the kids what was going on.

Kyle laughed at the dogs as Chase turned to face Elvis, he licked the younger dog before turning back to Admiral and licking her cheek again, playfully biting one of her ears.

A soft whining got the dogs attention, so while Kyle and everybody else was listening to Mrs. Murphy, Chase snook around the other side of the building.

A small white husky puppy was tied to a post, it was thin and covered in dirt, it's right eyes a pale blue while it's left was a dark green. The puppy spotted Chase and began whimpering and barking, Chase let out a loud bark that caught Kyle's attention.

When Kyle walked around the side of the building he saw Chase curled up around the thin and shivering puppy. He walked over and untied the husky who wined at him and hid it's face in Chase's thick fur. The poor thing looked starving.

Mrs Murphy introduced Kyle to all the children and explained to them what was going on with Charlie. She was going back in when Kyle disappeared around the building. The rest of the kids followed the sound of barking and went around the building.
Griffith rushed forward,
"Pu''y!!!" He called excited reaching for the little husky. His brother, Noah, came forward and pulled him back.
"Hey, Griffith the puppy's hurt ok, stay back for now." He told his little brother taking his hand.
Elvis sniffed at the puppy and barked a greeting.

The female stood up slowly and sniffed Elvis, looking at Chase who had stood up at that point, before nuzzling the other puppy, licking his cheek and barking.

Kyle smiled at the little display before slowly picking up the puppy, looking into her mismatched eyes, "I think it was abandoned, looks like it's been here for awhile...." The dog yipped at him and squirmed in his grip until it had gotten comfy and fell asleep.

Chase barked again and walked over to Admiral, resting his head on top of hers and yawning. Kyle chuckled at them and walked back over to the group, the puppy asleep in his arms.

Griffith wanted to pet the new puppy. He put his hand up to touch her, but Noah took the hand instead.
"Here, take Elvis." He encouraged giving his brother the leash.
"We could go to the shelter...see if she's chipped and they'll give you stuff for her." Samuel said. "I remember cause that's what we did when we found Elvis!" He added eagerly.
"Yea wanna do that?" Sawyer asked Kyle. "They won't take her from you unless she's chipped then they'll try and find her owner." Sawyer explained. She wanted to work at the shelter when she was old enough because not only did she share Charlie's looks she shared her love of dogs.

Admiral twisted her neck so her head rested on Chase's shoulder. She gave a contended and happy grunt-like bark. Elvis jumped up putting his paws on Kyle's eg wanting to to get at the new puppy.

Kyle ran his hands through her dirty fur, "Yeah, I wanna do that. That way I can have a personal chat with her owners if we find any." He let out an annoyed grunt and began walking back to the cars. Chase let out a huff before following at his owner, not before giving Admiral a kiss on the muzzle.

Kyle looked down at the husky who looked back up at him with mismatched eyes of her own. The brunette chuckled and continued to stroke the pup in his arms.

The Murphy kids led Kyle to the shelter and they went in. The volunteer at the front desk looked up,
"Hello! How may I help you?" she asked looking at the large group of children and the four dogs that they had. One looked pretty thin and malnourished. The other dogs looked very healthy however.
Noah walked up the counter,
"We found a puppy, and Mr. Kyle wants to keep her, but she's really sick." he stated firmly, still grasping Griffith's hand in his so she didn't wander off with Elvis.
"Let me see the puppy." the worker said kindly. She stepped out from behind the desk and approached Kyle,
"Hey, Ky." she greeted, smiling sweetly at him. She was a senior at the high school and like most girls there she knew who Kyle was since he was a popular boy. And she also had a crush on him.

Kyle grinned at the female and passed the pup over to her, wincing slightly at the whimper the puppy let out as it lifted it's head to look at Ky, "I think it was abandoned and it doesn't look like it's eaten in awhile." He frowned at the thought of somebody abandoning a puppy.

"It was tied to a post outside the hospital." The brunette looked down at Chase who had walked over to him and nudged his side before sitting down next to his master. Looking at the female worker before tilting his head to the side.

"It appears that's what happened." the girl said, "I'm Ellie by the way." she added cheerily. She looked the pup over carefully,
"Come with me. You're lucky you came in today, the vet that visits all the shelters in the area is here today. He'll look at the pup and I'll look in the system to see if there's a pup reported missing. It'll take a while she looks pretty messed up." Ellie explained. She led them to a small waiting room where people normally met their new pets and handed the puppy back to Kyle,
"I'll be back." she promised. Ellie left and soon was back with the vet.
The vet was a tall kind looking man. He had green eyes and graying black hair that was short and professionally cut. He had stubble on his chin which was also graying slightly. His skin was lightly tanned because he mostly worked with farm animals outside. Ellie left to do her work and the vet took the puppy and looked her over.
"Hey there sweetie, look like you need a little food in your belly." he said said to the puppy. He looked over his glasses at the group of children adn signaled to Kyle,
"Come with me boy, if you're the one who wants to keep the pup. The exam room is too small for the lot of you." he stated. The younger kids pouted,
"Fine we'll walk the dogs and come back here." Sawyer said. She grabbed Chase's leash,
"Want us to walk him?" she asked Kyle.

Kyle gave her a grin, "Nice to meet you Ellie, though I wish it could've been on better terms."
He followed her into the waiting room, stroking the husky pup when it was handed to him.

He gave the vet a small smile and handed the dog over to him, looking over at everybody and smiling when he saw Chase nuzzling Admiral. He looked back over at the vet, "I'm thinking of taking the pup in if nobody claims it, if that's alright."

He smiled at Sawyer, "Yeah you can walk him, if he starts to get a little antsy let him off his leash. He won't run off as long as Admiral is there."

The brunette scratched his dog behind the ear before following the vet into the exam room, running his hands through his hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.