We Used To Be Friends...Right? (W/Wolfiethehybrid123)

• Thread starter Charlie Vasilyev
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie shook her head still chuckling softly at Kyle. He was so hopeless. She listened to what he said and nodded.
"Um yeah ok. I'll be down in a moment you can help mom. " she promised standing up. She went and ducked into the bathroom shutting the door behind her.
Charlie splashed water on her face trying to lose the I-was-crying-into-a-pillow look. She ran her wet hands through her hair rearranging it and stared at herself in the mirror.
It wasn't until now she realized how much she wanted Kyle to be her friend again. She wanted to be able to talk him and just have someone around her age who wasn't family that she could hang out with.
Charlie knew Kyle had always been good for her. He'd practically dragged her out of her she'all when she was little and had played all sorts of dumb games with her. He'd given her confidence she needed when she was little and had made her feel comfortable not only with him but with herself.
Charlie sighed and ran some more cold water over her face. She just wished she could tell someone about his father. Now she was even more afraid too. She didn't want to ruin everything! She didn't want to break apart the family or stir up trouble about something in the last.
As Charlie thought about Kyle's family suddenly she thought of something. Kyle had little sisters...what if...what if they'd been hurt too? Charlie shuddered and felt ill. They were so innocent and young she hoped Mr. Carter hadn't touched them...they were his own daughters he wouldn't hurt them right? It'd be her fault if they had been hurt...she hadn't and had quit hanging out in his grasp he might've turned on them.
Charlie didn't know what to do. She gulped and finished cleaning herself up before heading down stairs.

Kyle nodded and made his way downstairs, trying to ignore the fluttering in his stomach and small blush on his cheeks. He walked into the kitchen and smiled at Mrs. Murphy, "She said she'll be down soon." The brunette walked over to the older lady.

"So, what can I do to help you Queen Cook?" He sent her a grin, feeling rather happy. That's what Charlie did to him.

((Writers block, ugh...))

Mrs. Murphy glanced back at him. He seemed oddly happy for having just talked to someone to ignored him. She smiled at his nicknaming her. Charlie had her mother's smile and the two looked oddly alike when they did smile.
"Yes take the bowl of meat ball mix and start forming meatballs. Make them a bit bigger than a normal meatball would look because they shrink." She informed him as she worked on the pasta.

Charlie came down a few minutes later. All happiness was gone from her look. Worry ate at her heart and she desperately wanted to talk to someone...to tell someone, but the same fear that prevented her from telling when she was a child held her back.
Charlie started to silently help Kyle with the meatballs. She glanced at Kyle...he already had so much on his plate she didn't want to add to his worry and pain.

Kyle nodded, walking over to the meat ball mix and starting to take clumps of the mix and roll it into balls. He made sure they were a little larger then normal before putting them on a tray. He had a few done when Charlie had come down to help, the brunette hadn't noticed her presence at first as he was so wrapped up in his own world.

But when he did glance up at the same time Charlie did, his smile dropped and his eyes filled with worry. She didn't look happy. In fact, she looked upset in a way, and that made Kyle worry.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, talking in a hushed voice so Mrs. Murphy didn't hear.

Charlie didn't answer for a while contemplating what she should say. She wanted to spill everything to him but couldn't bring herself too.
"What would you do if you found out someone you loved did something really really bad in their past?" She asked him in a whisper. Charlie didn't know if he loved his dad, but she guessed there was some familial feeling there. She tossed some more meatballs on the tray and grabbed some more meat. The meat was cold! She was kind of used to it though it wasn't the most pleasant feeling ever.
The smell of pasta sauces wafted though the kitchen and Mrs Murphy grabbed the already made meatball tossed them into a pan.

Kyle bit his lip in thought, "Depends on what they did, if it's something serious, then I would cut them out of my life. You shouldn't surround yourself with bad people, you should only surround yourself with the people you love." He shrugged, pulling a face at the feeling of the meat ball mix before continuing to roll the it.

"Why do you ask?" He glanced at Charlie, trying to think of a reason as to why she would ask, "you, haven't done anything bad have you...?"

Charlie didn't answer his question. Kyle couldn't cut his dad out of his life...she couldn't be the cause of a family being ripped apart. But if Mr Carter was abusing his daughters it wasn't much of a family now was it? She felt panicky and didn't know what to do but tried to hide it as she rolled out the meatballs and lay them out.
"What if they hurt someone else you loved?" She asked in a bare audible voice. She was afraid she was giving herself away and yet she wanted to know the answer to the question.
Charlie looked at the bowl of meat, there was a lot to go they needed to pick the pace up or they'd not be done before dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle frowned, trying to pick up his pace with making the meat balls, "Whatever their reason it wouldn't be good enough, I don't like people hurting my friends." He focused his gaze on the meat balls, trying to get as many done as possible or else there wasn't going to be enough.

He looked back up at Charlie, "You know Charlie, you can tell me anything. I'm not going to judge you or hate you... I could never hate you..." His voice dropped below a whisper and he went back to what he was doing, watching his hands as he worked.

Charlie just nodded. She stayed quiet for the rest of making dinner. After finishing the meatballs she washed her hands in warm water.
"Charlie, go tell your dad about 30 minutes until dinner." Mrs. Murphy said. Charlie just nodded afraid of she talked her voice would catch. She went outside and informed her dad how much time until dinner.
"Can you wash the twins up? Or at least get them into clean dry clothes for dinner? " her dad asked. Charlie nodded and scooped up both twins in her arms before heading inside.
"You mind helping?" She muttered to Kyle. Sawyer normally helped but Charlie didn't want to interrupt her playing with her friends.

Kyle had washed his hands after Charlie and ended up cleaning the bowl that once held the meat ball mix and also getting out all the plates Mrs. Murphy would need.

He sat down on the kitchen side, reading through a text this chick called Jade had sent him before scrunching up his nose and sending a reply. The brunette looked up when he heard Charlie's voice and smiled, "Sure i'll help, do you want me to hold one of the twins?" Ky asked as he put his phone in his pocket.

"Yeah. We gotta get them clean up for dinner. " Charlie said. She carefully gave him Hiedi and then led them both upstairs to tye kids bathroom. The twins weren't getting a bath they just needed to be changed and their feet and hands which were muddy needed to be washed.
"Stay here." Charlie said. She went and got some clean dry clothes from the baby twins room and some clean diapers.
Coming back Charlie lay the stuff out on the counter. She glanced at Kyle
"Ever changed a diaper before?" She asked as she started to strip Justus down. She grabbed a wash cloth and wetting it with warm water started to wipe the mud off of her sister's feet. She lay her on a changing mat on the ground and wrapped the diaper changing materials.

Kyle scrunched up his nose, "Heh, no not really... I think I did once but... Ya know." He shrugged before helping Heidi out of her clothes, tickling her belly to make her giggle before starting to clean her feet using another warm washcloth, he hummed as he did so, focusing on the task.

After awhile Kyle had finished cleaning Heidi and smiled at her, "So, how do ya change a diaper?"

"No...I have 9 little siblings and have no idea how to change a diaper." Charlie responded sarcastically. She grabbed a clean diaper,
"It's pretty simple, remove the diaper, wipe front to back until clean, put on baby powder, put on new diaper." she explained quickly changing Justus's diaper. She landed Justus to Kyle and took Heidi from him,
"Just put her clothes on." she said as she changed her other sister. Heidi was about to start potty training but hadn't yet, Charlie smiled at Heidi and tickled her feet before dressing her in a soft pink camo onesie and a set of denim overalls. She kissed Heidi's hands and made her stand up straightening her clothes,
"You know when you go potty on your own you get to pick your own clothes too." she encouraged her sister. Heidi just giggled,
"Justus done?" Charlie asked.
Charlie felt worried and anxious, but tried not to show it, especially in front of the toddlers.

Kyle nodded and took Justus from Charlie, placing a kiss on her forehead before clothing her.

He changed her into a pink dress and white tights, scooping her up once he was done and pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"Yep, all done." He grinned at Charlie before resting his chin on Justus' head, "so, now we just take these downstairs and i'm pretty dinner's ready, you hungry?" The brunette asked as he stood up straight and ajusted how he held Justus.

Charlie nodded. They didn't have too many girlie things in the clothes department because a lot of stuff was pass me down and a lot of baby clothes were gender neutral so they could be used on more than one child.
Charlie made sure they cleaned up and chucked the dirty clothes in the hamper. She grabbed Heidi's hand and walked with her down to the kitchen. She put her into her booster seat and started to help her mother serve up the good and get the finishing touches done.
After everyone was down Charlie took her insulin, the family prayed, and the everyone started to eat.

Kyle followed after Charlie, bouncing Justus as he walked. He smiled at his little sisters who were sat at the table, swinging their legs as they hummed, grinning when they saw him.

~~~~~ Le Timeskip ~~~~~

Kyle was sat on the couch by himself, his father had just sent him a message telling him he would come and pick him and his sisters up in around half an hour. Which was odd of him.

The brunette leaned back in his seat, letting out a sigh. Charlie had been on his mind all day and he wanted to know why she seemed so tense.

((WRITERS BLOCK IS NOT YOUR FRIEND))

Charlie had had severe anxiety all week. She hadn't been sleeping well and had trouble focusing since she'd talked with Kyle a week ago. She wanted to tell Kyle really badly but she as also terrified of what would happen if she did.
Charlie stood in the kitchen staring at her glass of juice. Her blood sugars had been going crazy because of her anxiety so she'd had to watch them closely.
You have to do this, Charlie. You have too...you can't stand by when you think those girls are being hurt. She pepped talked herself.
Charlie took a few deep breaths and tugged at the hem of her green and purple plaid shirt(her little siblings called it her Hulk shirt because of its coloring). Taking one last deep breath Charlie stepped into the living room. She wiped her sweaty palms on her carpenter jeans and cleared her throat.
"Kyle...I need to talk to you...in private..." She choked out her voice betraying out scared and nervous she was.

Kyle's head shot up when he heard Charlie's voice, he stood up slowly, concern etched on his face, "Y-Yeah sure..." He looked around, happy when he saw nobody before walking over to Charlie, he rested a hand on her shoulder, taking a deep breath.

"Charlie, please tell me what's wrong." The brunette asked, his eyebrows furrowed together as he bit his bottom lip. Worry swam in his stomach, he was worried and confused, anxious and scared. What could she want to tell him, why was it private? Could it be why she abandoned him?

So many questions and so few answers.

Charlie glanced around and signaled for Kyle to follow her. She led him to the barn and up into the loft where the hay was stored. They'd used to play up here when they were little.
Charlie stood playing with her shirt anxiously. She signaled for Kyle to sit down. She'd found a spot behind a stack of hay. No one could see them even if they came in here, which was unlikely.
"I-I need to tell you something..." She stayed slowly. Her hands felt clammy and she looked somewhere between terrified and determined.
"It's about um why I left..." She started. Why did she think she could do this? She was freaking out! He wasn't going to believe her...he was going to be mad...this was a terrible idea.

Kyle followed her, looking around the old barn as past memories flashed through his mind like a movie. Games of hide and seek and truth or dare were played here, they spent a lot of time in this old barn when they were younger. He climbed up the steps to the hay loft and took and seat, watching Charlie with a small frown.

"You can tell me anything Charlie, I wanna know why you left and whatever you tell me won't change my mind about you, I l-" he paused and took a breath, "I care about you ok? You're probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I can't stand you avoiding me. I wanna know what's wrong Charlie, so I can comfort you and tell you it's alright..."

Kyle could feel a pressure building at the back of his eyes, causing him to bite his lip.

Status
Not open for further replies.