We Used To Be Friends...Right? (W/Wolfiethehybrid123)

• Thread starter Charlie Vasilyev
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justus turned her head and looked at the stuffed animal. She giggled as Jessica moved it around but didn't make a move to swat at it,
"That's really good actually. Normally she doesn't even ok atvwhatvyiur doing. " Jessie explained.
"She likes it better when you touch her...like tickle her feet and stuff, but mom wants her to start reacting to other things too." The girl added.

Heidi continued to play with Kyra,
"W-woom!" She exclaimed and jumping of the couch tugged on Kyra's pant leg trying to get her to come with her upstairs to her room.

Mr. Murphy herded the cows in and they shut the barn,
"Alright you boys head in I'll finish up out here." He told them. The last chores were just making sure everything was locked up for the night and that everything was ready for tomorrow morning.

Jessica nodded, tapping her chin in thought before making the giraffe jump forward, tickle his feet with it's hooves, then jump back and continue dancing, "Kyle used to do this to me when I was younger, said it used to help."

Kyra jumped off the couch, "We're going upstairs!" She called to the others before following Heidi but to her room, holding the younger girls hand as she made her train ride on the walls.

Kyle nodded at Mr. Murphy before turning around and jogging back over to the house, although his jog was more like a run. He opened the door, grinning at Jessica when he saw her playing with Justus, he tapped the blonde on the head, making her look up at him.

"Where's ra-ra?" Kyle asked, looking over at the couch where his sister had been sat.

"She went upstairs." Jessica said, looking back down at what she was doing as Chase bounded over to his master, Tenshi walking behind the older dog.

Noah came in and after washing up went to help his sister prepare dinner. Sam washed up and went to find Joshua and Griffith to bring them in.

Mr. Murphy soon came in and went into the kitchen to help the twins with dinner. Only a few minutes later he called out,
"Dinner is ready! Everyone wash up!"
Mr. Murphy came out and scooped up Justus.
"Thank you for playing with her girls. " he said. He smiled at Justus,
"Let's go wash up baby girl...it's time for dinner!" He cheerfully said as he took his youngest off to help her clean up.

Heidi took Kyra to her room. The room had two cribs with one side taken off for the twins. Justus's had a 'guard pillow' tucked under the bottom sheet along the open edge so she wouldn't fall off.
There was another twin mattress in the room that was sitting on a bunch of crates, that was Charlie's bed. The crate were pointing out and had stuff in them.
There was a dresser with some family pictures on top, a closet, and under each toddler's bed was a handmade wooden toy chest and some other boxes for stuff.
Charlie had cleaned the room this morning to everthing was neat.
"Mine." Heidi said patting her bed which had light green sheets with sheep dancing on it and a blanket that was solid pink. There were stuffed animals sitting on her bed too.

Jessica smiled, "No problem Mr. Murphys!" She hadn't even noticed she had said 'Murphys' instead of 'Murphy' until after she had skipped off to get food. The blonde frowned at her mistake but carried on her way.

Kyle walked upstairs, knocking on the door to see Kyra talking to Heidi, "Come on girls, dinner's ready." Kyra grinned at her older brother and ran over, wrapping her arms around his legs in a hug before skipping off downstairs. The male held the door open for Heidi before following her downstairs.

He made Jessica and Kyra wash their hands in the kitchen sink before washing his own. Chase and Tenshi were with Admiral, the white husky pup was watching Elvis though, her tail flicking side to side.

After everyone gathers at the table Mr. Murphy served up bowls of soup and grilled cheese. Heidi hit a quarter sandwich and some soup. She was still little and didn't eat much. Justus got the same thing, but she had to be encouraged to eat and had a hard time coordinating her mouth for chewing. Mr. Murphy generally would help her eat and then he would eat dinner. If Mrs. Murphy and/or Charlie were home they'd help.
The kids ate their soup while talking amoungst each other.
"Why were you and Charlie out of school?" Mr. Murphy asked Kyle.

Kyle had been happily eating his grilled cheese when Mr. Murphy asked him why he was put of school and he almost choked, causing Kyra to start giggling, "N-No reason."

"Don't lie Ky!"

He sent a glare towards Jessica who just grinned and continued to eat her soup.

"I left school early because I was feeling upset, tried talking to her and she ran off, and I didn't feel liking hanging out with the morons I call friends. Why she was out of school I have no idea.." The brunette decided to answer truthfully, considering that lying would get him nowhere.

Mr. Murphy nodded chucking slightly when Jessica called her brother out. He sighed when he heard what Charlie did. He didn't understand why Charlie never hung out with Kyle anymore.
She obviously still cared about him because she kept every single gift he'd given her in her drawer of the dresser. No one else was allowed to touch that stuff. She never said anything bad about him either, she just refused to talk about him or too him.
Mr. Murphy didn't say anything about that too Kyle though. He didn't want to lose Charlie's trust by telling her used to be friend about her personal life without her permission.
"I'll talk to Charlie when she's better. " Mr. Murphy responded simply.

"Please do." Kyle sounded a little desperate, but could you blame him, his best friend practically abandoned him for no reason, she stopped going to gymnastics and tried to avoid his house and it broke his heart.

Didn't help that for the last two years of their friendship he had been crushing on her. Then she had stopped talking to him and his depression started to flare up. Which then lead to, well, self-harm...

Kyle tugged his hoodie sleeves further down his arms, causing them to completely cover most of his hands, he didn't even notice he had done it. Natural reflex.

Mr. Murphy glanced at Kyle. He didn't seem OK. He tugged at his hoodie sleeved pulling them down even though the house was actually at a nice temperature and he was eating warm soup and sandwiches. Mr. Murphy frowned slightly, he hoped the young man was alright. After Charlie had stopped seeing him Mr. Muprhy knew some other painful stuff had happened to Kyle's family including his mother's death.
He knew this because his wife had helped make meals for the family right after her death. The Carters didn't know that a good amount of the food they ate immiedetly following their mother's death was Mrs. Murphy's though. A program in town would pick up the food and deliver it for Mrs. Muprhy becuase she was busy with her own children and couldn't deliver it herself.
Mr. Murphy glanced at the other two Carters children, they seemed OK and heathy. He finished feeding Heidi and got up,
"Hey, Kyle, can I talk to you, son?" he asked stepping outside as he did so.

Kyle looked over at Jessica and Kyra who were finishing off their soup before standing up, "Yeah, sure." The brunette followed the older male outside, his stomach doing flips, what could he possibly want?

He could just wanna talk about what happened between him and Charlie but he didn't think that was it, maybe it was about why he was out of school? Yeah, maybe he just wanted more information.

"Are you and your family doing OK? I know your dad quit teach gymnastics and such..." Mr. Murphy started., he honestly didn't know if Mr. Carters had gotten another job after he quit teaching gymnastics. Mr. Murphy seemed to remember that Mr. Carters had done two job, he'd taught gymnastics and done something else with the schools he thought, but he wasn't sure.
Mr. Muprhy honestly wasn't sure how this conversation was going to go down. He wanted to make sure Kyle was actually OK, he seemed happy yet there were some stuff that aroused the older man's suspicion. He hoped the boy wasn't being abused and that was why he was wearing a sweater when none was needed. He leaned against the back of the house and waited for Kyle to answer him,
"Also are you OK? I mean I couldn't help but notice you keep your hoodie on even when it's perfectly warm out." he added. The farmer wasn't the most tactiful man ever and just said things like they were.

"No not really, he hasn't been the same since mum passed, he tends to stay locked up in his room. Doesn't have a job that I know of, that's why i'm working at the diner." The brunette ran his hands through his hair, biting on his bottom lip slightly.

Then Mr. Murphy asked about his hoodie and Ky tensed up, his eyes growing slightly wider, "I-I'm fine, just get cold easier then normal people..."

God that lie was so terrible it made him cringe, "Th-that was a terrible lie I know..." He hung his head, holding back a groan of frustration when he realised that even if Mr. Murphy had believed him, which he most defiantly didn't as he was a smart man, he now knew Kyle had just lied.

'Shit.'

Mr. Murphy nodded,
"If you need any help with like meals or something you can always come to me or my family." he offered, now that his worries were made real. He felt bad for the boy having to hold up his family be the breadwinner. "Don't worry about, Charlie." he added quickly, "She'll get used to it." he explained. He wanted to help Kyle's family out as much as possible and didn't want him to avoid them because of Charlie. Charlie would have to deal with it.
He looked the boy up and down when he lied about his hoodie and frowned, now extremely worried about him,
"Son, do you need any help?" he asked again firmer this time, "Is your dad violent towards you or the girls?" he asked looking into Kyle's eyes.

Kyle shuck his head quickly, "N-No! It's not my dad... It's.. It's me." He pulled up one of his sleeves, showing the scars, some of them were older then others, some crossed over each other and some looked like they had recently scabbed up. They started at his wrist and ended and his elbow, a few scars were on his upper arm but they were a lot older then the others and almost invisible.

"I couldn't find a long-sleeved shirt today..." The brunette muttered, as if that would explain the scars that littered his arms. He slowly tugged his sleeve back down, keeping his gaze on the ground.

Mr. Murphy took his arm and looked the scars over. It made him even more worried now. The boy needed help, that was obvious, but he couldn't leave his family for help or else they'd lose their breadwinner and possibly their home.
"Ky, you need help...you need to talk to someone about why you do this. It's not healthy." he told the boy softly. He let the you man's wrist go, appelaing to his own health probably didn't matter. He knit his brow trying to think of how to help Kyle,
"If you need to talk then just call me, I'll talk to you or listen or call a friend or something." he encouraged unsure what to do about someone who self harmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle just nodded, tugging the end of his sleeves further down his arm, his gaze still on the ground. He knew Mr. Murphy was going to tell him to get help, thats all anybody ever said, it normally just ended up making him feel worse though.

"I don't really have friends, true ones anyway." He looked up, his mismatched eyes having lost the spark that was in them earlier.

Mr. Murphy nodded.
"You can talk to me or a school counselor or even a pastor of you need." He pointed out. He didn't want Kyle to think he had no one to talk to. He looked inside at the kids who were finishing up their dinner. Sawyer and Noah were making everyone help clean up.
Mr. Murphy looked at Kyle again,
"I'll give you my phone number if you want." He offered.

Kyle nodded, digging through his pockets until he pulled out his phone, passing it to Mr. Murphy.

"Kyle." He glanced over at Jessica and Kyra who were holding hands, both girls yawned at the same time, "we're tired." Kyra whined, using the hand that wasn't interlocked with her sister's to rub the sleep from her eyes.

"When're we goin' home?" Jessica asked, leaning against Kyra as her eyelids drooped.

Mr. Murphy out his contact info into Kyle's phone.
"I'll drive you back in a moment. " he promised. Just as he said that the truck pulled in and Mrs. Murphy came into the house.
"I can take you now." Mr. Muprhy informed the kids. He headed out getting the truck keys and starting it up while he waited for Kyle, his siblings, and his dogs.

Kyle nodded, shoving his phone in his pocket before turning to face his siblings, "Alright let's head home."

He got Kyra and Jessica buckled up and let Chase and Tenshi jump into the van before climbing inside himself, making sure his seatbelt was on before leaning back and letting out a sigh. He was ready for bed.

~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~

Kyle had arrived home without a scratch, thanked Mr. Murphy and then gotten everybody inside and ready for bed. Kyra and Jessica fell asleep the second their head's hit their pillows. Ky trudged into his room, sighing as he pulled off his hoodie and flopped onto his bed. He looked over at Tenshi and Chase who had curled up in Chase's dog bed.

"Night you lot." He muttered before drifting off to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.