We Used To Be Friends...Right? (W/Wolfiethehybrid123)

• Thread starter Charlie Vasilyev
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Murphy kids left to walk the dogs. Mrs. Murphy hadn't really given them a time to be back by, but the general rule was the better be back with the family when the street lights come on. They mostly walked around town, letting Chase and Admiral off leash because they'd stay near by. Elvis had to stay on leash because he wasn't fully trained yet.

The vet put the puppy on the exam table,
"We're gonna need to wash her and remove fleas and such. It'll be a long process because we want to make sure she isn't hurt in other ways. If you want to keep her your dad has to sign the papers." he explained. He first started examining the puppy's paws who whimpered as he did so.

Kyle nodded and watched as the vet checked the puppy's paws, "Is it male or female? I didn't check and don't wanna keep calling it an it."

The male bit his bottom lip slightly, he would probably have to forge his father's signature as the man was to lazy to bath nowadays. The male wouldn't even notice the new puppy and if he did he wouldn't say anything.

"I think it was abandoned. I found he poor thing tied to a post around the side of the hospital, looked like it hadn't eaten in awhile."

"It's a she." the vet said. He sighed as he checked the dog over. He pulled some thorns and gravel bits out of it's paws, which were cut up, swollen, and tender probably the reason the pup preferred to be held then stand on it's own. You could see her ribcage through her mangy, patchy, white fur.
"I'm going to bath her and I'll half to pull the ticks out too. We'll deworm her, x-ray her for any broken bones, and if you get your father's approval we'll give you to her with all the supplies she'll need. Because she's so thin she'll have to wear a sweater of some sort for now, her fur and fat aren't much to speak of and aren't keeping her warm." the vet explained as he led Kyle to another room where he started running warm water to bath the dog.
"I'll also have to check for any cuts and such after I clean her up." the vet finished as he started to gently wash the dog down. The female pup whimpered and squirmed obviously not that comfortable, she seemed happier when directly under the warm water, but still unhappy. The vet guessed it was becuase the soap and water stung.

Kyle nodded, frowning at the poor thing, "My dad won't mind..." He sighed before taking a seat in one of the chairs in the exam room, watching the female pup with a slight frown.

"I just can't believe somebody would abandon a pup. She could've died if Chase hadn't found her." He let out a sigh, sending a sad smile towards the pup.

The pup let out a soft whimper and lowered her head slightly, her mismatched eyes staring up at the vet. They were filled with sadness as a whine left her throat.

She turned her head to look at Kyle and her tail wagged slightly, her ears twitching.

The vet finished washing the pup and gave her her shots she needed. He slowly started to pull the ticks out of her. Elie came in with the information that there was no listed owner, missing dog reports, or tag that matched the puppy. The vet told her to collect some supplies for Kyle while he finished de-ticking the dog.
De-ticking the puppy took almost an hour, but was finally done. He handed the clean puppy to Kyle,
"Call you father and get the paperwork done and you can take her home now. Ellie should have all the supplies got together for you." he explained.

The Murphy kids were outside the shelter waiting for Kyle to come out so they could go back to the hospital. They were getting hungry and their dad was going to take them to get food when they got back.

Kyle nodded and took the pup from the vet, chuckling as the pup seemed to snuggle into his chest. He carried her out of the exam room and moved the pup so he hold her with one arm and pulled his phone out with the other, dialling his father's number.

"What?" His father's rough voice came through the speakers and Kyle bit back and annoyed sound.

"You need to come to the animal shelter and sign some papers, don't argue because the quicker you get it done, the quicker you can go back home." Ky listened to his father growl in annoyance before he hung up and carried the pup outside. Keeping her tucked into his chest, he smiled at the other kids, "So I need to wait for my dad to get here to sign some papers, but he should be here soon..."

The brunette trailed off when he spotted a blue pick ip truck pulling up, narrowing his eyes at the man who stepped out.

Kyle's father was tall with short and messy brown hair which was turning grey in most places. He had a scruff which was also turning grey and his eyes were a dull green, his skin tanned. He stared at Kyle who glared right back at the man, they didn't get along very well nowadays.

Kyle walked inside with his father and watched him sign the papers he was given, holding back an annoyed noise.

Ellie gave Kyle a box of supplies which included some puppy food, a small bed, a cheap pink camo collar, a cheap leash, a doggy blanket, and two sweaters for the puppy.
"If you want we give out dog tags here, over in that machine, there $1." Ellie added after the papers were signed. "Any other supplies you have to pay for. If she'd not house trained you'll need to find some old papers and we have dog training classes here every Saturday evening." she told him brightly smiling.

"Daddy's taking us to dinner when we get back if you want to come. I think we might be going back home for it cause we have the dogs." Noah invited. Noah was very outgoing and tended to talk before ehe acted,
"Your sisters can come too!" Sawyer added, she knew Kyle's sisters because she was friends with Kyra.

Kyle nodded at Ellie, "Thanks, I managed to train Chase by myself and i'm sure with him acting as her older brother she'll be trained soon." He grinned at the female before setting the husky pup on the desk, pulling out a light blue jumper and putting it on her before picking her back up and walking over to the Murphy family.

"Sure, i'll tag along and i'm sure Kyra would love to come as well." He smiled at Sawyer, "now let's head off, i'm worried about Charlie and I wanna see if she's alright." He adjusted how he held the puppy until he felt comfy and thought the pup was too. He would need to give her a name.

The group hurried to the hospital where Mr. Murphy was waiting for them. He immedietly got them into the conversation van promising they'd see Charlie tomorrow,
"Charlie's still really tired and can't see anyone right now, OK? She's recovering though and should be out of the hospital tomorrow or the next day if at all possible." he told his children.
"I wanna see Chawee!" Griffith complained.
"Hey, buddy she wants to see you too, but the docs want her to get some rest OK?" Mr. Murphy said gently buckling his son in.
"Is she gonna be OK?" Joshua asked super worried and nervous. Joshua was a more sensitive boy and loved his sister dearly,
"Yeah, bud, she'll be OK. We saw her and she said she gives all you hugs and love from her." the dad explained to the kids. He managed to get everyone buckled in, Mrs. Murphy would come back in the truck later.
"Are you coming to dinner with us?" Mr. Murphy asked Kyle as he dropped to one knee and petted Chase, scratching behind his ears.

Chase let out a whine, tilting his head towards Mr. Murphy's hand as his tail began thudding against the floor and his tongue rolled out of his mouth, Kyle chuckled at his dog, "Yeah, if you don't mind me and my sister joining you." He gave the older man a smile, hiding his disappointment at not being able to see Charlie. The puppy in his hand let out a soft whine before letting out a small bark, Chase looked up after her and jumped onto his hind legs, licking the pup's cheek before falling back onto all fours.

"Can't Jessica join us too?" Samuel pipped up from the back. He and Jessica were in the same class and he'd played with her at recess before. They weren't really close friends but they played a lot at school.
"That's up to Kyle." Mr. Murphy said. The Murphys' own an old beat up 14 person van. The van was not in the best condition but it ran safely and that's what counted. The seats were messy and the inside definently looked like it was the van of a large family.
After everyone got in and buckled up Mr. Murphy started to drive back to their home. He drove safely now that the kids were in the van. The man looked tired, but he still smiled as he listened to his kids chatter in the back,
"Who the new pup?" he asked Kyle kindly to make conversation. It felt a bit awkward talking with Kyle after Charlie just stopped seeing him years ago, but Mr. Murphy didn't mind. He'd always liked Kyle and had been disappointed when Charlie ditched him without explanation. He'd been good for Charlie and Mr. Murphy was sure Charlie had been good for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle chuckled, "It's up to Jessica really, I don't mind myself." He leaned back in his chair as he continued to stroke the puppy in his arms.

"As for the new pup, we found her abandoned outside the hospital, or more like Chase found her. I'm still thinking of a name, maybe Tenshi? It's Japanese for angel so it might work." Chase barked and Kyle chuckled at his dog who seemed to like the name.

Tenshi gave a small bark too, and curled up into a tight ball.

"Tenshi sounds like sweet name." Mr. Murphy affirmed. He pulled up in front of Kyle's house and rolled the window down,
"You can go get your sisters I'll wait here." he told Kyle. Mr. Murphy looked into the back, "Griff, stay buckled, OK pal? We're gonna be heading home soon and we'll get you food and ready for bed." he promised, "You kids have been amazing today I know it's been kinda stressful y'all are awesome!" Mr. Murphy complimented his kids. He could tell his youngest son was getting agitated, Griffith probably hadn't taken his nap so he was cranky and hungry
Mr. Murphy started to think about what he'd cook for dinner. Probably tomato soup and grilled cheese or something simple like that. He wasn't much of a cook so he stuck to easy things to make.

Kyle left Tenshi in the car before going into his house, returning shortly after with his sisters walking next to him, the two were talking to each other and giggling. They spotted Mr. Murphy's car and ran over as quickly as they could, climbing in and freaking out over the new puppy.

Kyle chuckled and got them buckled up before sitting down himself, smiling as they greated the Murphy kids with smiles and waves, Tenshi curled up on his lap as Kyra leaned against him and dozed off and Jessica began playing on her DS.

Kyra had been sleeping when he walked in but insisted that she came with him and Jessica had just been watching TV.

Kyle moved one arm to wrap it around Kyra as she softly snored.

Jessica had decided to sit near the back with Samuel as she played pokemon, sticking her tongue out as she tried to focus on catching a Shinx.

Mr. Murphy drove them to their home.

They had a medium sized farm house with two stories and am unfinished basement. The two story had all the bedrooms in it. Charlie, Heidi, and Justus were in one room. Sawyer and Jessie were in another room and Georgia slept in that room when she visited. Noah and Samuel also shared a room and when garth and Jem came home they'd stay in that room and last but not east Joshua and griffith shared a bedroom. The rooms weren't the biggest, but the family managed. The bedrooms had rearranged a lot as the kids got older and there would still be rearranging to do.

The farm house itself was made out of stone though the roof was wooden slats. Mr. Murphy had been meaning to fix up the roof for a while, but had never gotten around to it. You could see the bright red barn and a another wooden building out in the field that held the animals and the farm equipment.
Mr. Murphy got out of the car,

"Sawyer can you get some tomato soup started and butter the bread for the grilled cheeses? I'm going to go feed the animals and get everyone in the for the night then I'll come help you. Noah and Samuel you're helping me, Jessie watch the little ones OK?" he quickly ordered. Noah and Samuel went off with their dad while the rest of the kids went into the house.

Kyle climbed out of the van, Chase jumping out after him. Kyra yawned as she stepped out of the van, almost tripping over her own feet as she rubbed her eyes and Jessica skipped out, just managing to avoid Kyra as she skipped off towards the house, humming as she did and her blonde hair bobbed up and down. Kyle chuckled and took hold of Kyra's hand, holding Tenshi in one arm as he walked into the stone house.

He sat Jessica and Kyra on the couch in the living room and let Tenshi sit on the floor, the pup whimpered but then curled into a ball as Chase curled around her. Kyle chuckled at the two before walking off, deciding to go help Mr. Murphy.

He smiled at Jessie as he passed before running to catch up to Mr. Murphy, slowing down to walk next to the older male.

Jessie put the two years old on the ground and started to play with them while Joshua and Griffith went outside to play for a bit before they'd have to wash up for dinner.
"You can help with the babies." Jessie said to Jessica and Kyra, "Heidi like to walk around and play but Justus doesn't do that stuff yet. Mommy says she's delayed so se'll take longer." she explained to the two girls. Heidi got up and wandered around the room bumping into stuff. She picked up a toy wooden train and climbing on the couch next to the two Carters girls she started to run the train along the top of the couch.
"Wann-na play chugachoo?" she asked. Heidi stuttered a bit when she spoke, but not more then normal for a toddler. There were some other trains scattered about the living room because most of the toys were hand me downs from the other children and were hand made or well made. The trains were from when Garth and Jem were little.
The trains were all wooden and hand painted bright colored. They were larger so they wouldn't go in mouths and could connect to make a bigger train. Mr. Murphy had made a good amount of toys for the older boys because he had time. After the twins it was harder becuase there were little ones to take care of while the new baby was around.

Mr. Murphy glanced at Kyle,
"You want to help?" he half commented half asked. "Noah, take the dog and go get the sheep and goats." he told his son. Admiral was walking with Noah because she was used to help herd the sheep and goats into their spot in the barn.
"Sam, go get the animals feed ready and make sure the chickens and geese get in, I'll get the cows. Kyle, go with Sam he'll show you how to get the feeds ready." Mr Murphy said and he went off to a farther off field to bring the cows in from grazing. They had two cows and calf so it wasn't hard to get them in but the field was further off so Mr. Murphy would usually do it.

Kyra yawned but nodded and trudged off to grab one of the trains, jumping back up next to Heidi and pushing her train around, "Chugga chugga chugga chugga, choo choo!" Kyra giggled, seeming more awake as she lightly tapped her train against the younger girl's, giggling, "crash!"

Jessica moved away from the other two, turning her attention back to her pokemon game before continuing to play. Despite being curious for her age Jessica didn't like to be around others that she didn't know, it made her feel awkward and brought out her shy side. Kyra didn't seem to have much of a problem with it and continued to play trains with Heidi, giggling every time they 'crashed' into eachother.

Kyle nodded at Mr. Murphy's question, listening to his instructions before following Sam to the cows, shoving his hands in his hoody pockets as he followed the male, looking around at everything as they walked, his warn out trainers were rather muddy but the brunette didn't seem to care.

Sam led Kyle over to the chicken coop first. He went into the barn and came back with a large bucket of corn and other seed kernel and such,
"Here throw these to the chicken and geese then you get them into the coop. It isn't hard just case them in the coop...they're pretty dumb." sam plained. He went into the barn again and started to prep the other animals food. Which was mostly throwing hay into their troughs though he sprinkled some other kids of food in there like chopped up apples, carrots, etc which he sprinkled in the troughs of hay.
Noah herded the sheep and goats into the barn with Admiral's help. He herded them into their pens, the goats in one pen at the end of the barn, the sheep in another. They didn't need to clean the pens because that'd been done that morning so it was already neatened up enough. Noah locked the pens and went on to filling the water troughs.

Heidi banged her train into Kyra's, "Boom!" she cheered excitedly. She ran her train along the couch and then over Jessica's leg bumping into her DS gamer,
"Boom!" she called out again.
Jessie was attempting to get Justus to play with her. Justus didn't play much, she'd crawl sometimes but didn't really interact with people. Right now she was grabbing her toes and rocking as she made bubbles with her mouth. Jessie waved a stuffed animal rattle at Justus attempting to get her to swat at it.

Kyle took the feed and nodded, getting to work on throwing the feed to the birds. He gave them awhile to eat and once most of them seemed to loose intrest in the food he chased them into the coop and locked up after them. The teen took a few steps back and nodded at his work before turning to find Sam.

Kyra giggled at Heidi but her sister didn't seem too amused, after awhile Jessica saved and turned off her game, shut her console and shoved it into her pocket, deciding to go see if she could offer any help to Jessie.

She sat down next to the older girl and tilted her head before picking up another plush toy, a giraffe with bright pink hoofs, "Here, let me help, Kyle says i'm good with younger kids." She began waving the toy in front of Justus' face until she got his attention, then she began moving it in a eight pattern slowly, after a few seconds she made the stuffed giraffe 'dance' on the floor, giggling at how stupid the toy looked.

Kyra continued playing with the younger girl sat with her, using her hand as a 'ramp' and making the train do different tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.