Vampires of Prague: A Moonlit World Dungeon Crawl. IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa, or Tattletale, hid her surprise at the sudden touch through a cunning-looking smirk, casually resting a hand on her hip as she watched the woman curtsy. As usual, she began gathering information about the target.

"Heya, what brings you here?" she asked, seeming to disregard Lucifer's unease as she spoke like she was talking to a friend.
We exist because the jellyfish wills it so. WHY ELSE? The moon... Yes, yes, the moon! I have to catch the moon! I must hold her, I must hold her in my arms... I must tell her how much I adore her glow, her glow! Out of my way! The moon! Police officials have gone on record as saying "Don't worry, that crazy bastard will save him." Citizens were left shocked today following a vicious gun battle between the cops...and you. They were all like, "BANG! BANG! Ya filthy varment!", and you were all like "POW! POW! Oooh, you wascaly wabbit! You got me!" Police say that vigilantism will not be tolerated, and that they know it was you. This just in! Type Moon goes crazy, with new app game 'SABER BREAKER!' EXALI-BOOOOOOO!

There was something very strange and unnerving for Lisa the more she observed. Beyond the name and superficial stats(which even then, kept changing) there was nothing but a sense of clear, batshit insanity surrounding the Geisha-like vampire. Moreover, she seemed to be aware of the intrusion as she struck a pose before Lisa like a K-pop star strutting her stuff.

The Goblin looked nonplussed before sighing out.

"My mistress says that tickles and that she loves your mask. But to answer your question we've...Always been around here. Though lately, that's been a dangerous prospect."
"Vincent of Innsmouth. Thank you for your welcome, Lady Cassandra, and thank you, goblin, for speaking on her behalf."

With that done with, he raised back up and nodded at the woman, indicating he still had something to say.

"If you do not mind me asking though, Lady Cassandra... Why is Undertown being patrolled so heavily?"
At the question she pondered, fan closed and tapping against her chin in thought as she slid into a pose that allowed her foot to touch her ear. The goblin winced as he spoke.

"My mistress says that the Red-."

She smacked him lightly over the head with the fan, pouting with hands on her hips. The goblin sighed, in the tones of one not paid enough for this shit.

"-That the Grumpy Red Buggers have seized control and are taking over the market, under an alliance with the Tiny-Dicked magus."

Miranda nodded with a grin.

@The Tactician @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @york

We exist because the jellyfish wills it so. WHY ELSE? The moon... Yes, yes, the moon! I have to catch the moon! I must hold her, I must hold her in my arms... I must tell her how much I adore her glow, her glow! Out of my way! The moon! Police officials have gone on record as saying "Don't worry, that crazy bastard will save him." Citizens were left shocked today following a vicious gun battle between the cops...and you. They were all like, "BANG! BANG! Ya filthy varment!", and you were all like "POW! POW! Oooh, you wascaly wabbit! You got me!" Police say that vigilantism will not be tolerated, and that they know it was you. This just in! Type Moon goes crazy, with new app game 'SABER BREAKER!' EXALI-BOOOOOOO!

There was something very strange and unnerving for Lisa the more she observed. Beyond the name and superficial stats(which even then, kept changing) there was nothing but a sense of clear, batshit insanity surrounding the Geisha-like vampire. Moreover, she seemed to be aware of the intrusion as she struck a pose before Lisa like a K-pop star strutting her stuff.

"My mistress says that tickles and that she loves your mask. But to answer your question we've...Always been around here. Though lately, that's been a dangerous prospect."

At the question she pondered, fan closed and tapping against her chin in thought as she slid into a pose that allowed her foot to touch her ear. The goblin winced as he spoke.

She smacked him lightly over the head with the fan, pouting with hands on her hips. The goblin sighed, in the tones of one not paid enough for this shit.

"-That the Grumpy Red Buggers have seized control and are taking over the market, under an alliance with the Tiny-Dicked magus."

Vincent cracked a smile as the goblin explained what the grinning vampire had to say. Maybe dealing with this vampire wouldn't be so bad?

"So Red Court vamps are working with Matou, and they're trying to take this whole place over... Heh, thanks for the information, Lady Miranda. Know where we can find them? We've got some business that involves kicking the mage's ass, so we might be able to shake things up enough to knock out their control over the market as well if we can find him."

Last edited by a moderator:

Vincent cracked a smile as the goblin explained what the grinning vampire had to say. Maybe dealing with this vampire wouldn't be so bad?

"So Red Court vamps are working with Matou, and they're trying to take this whole place over... Heh, thanks for the information, Lady Cassandra. Know where we can find them? We've got some business that involves kicking the mage's ass, so we might be able to shake things up enough to knock out their control over the market as well if we can find him."

To Lucifer, this news had just gotten a lot worse. At least now he knew why hardly anyone raised a hand. With the Red Court backing Matou, it meant any reprisals against them would mean an act of war to those of the Accords. He hated it when things got political, it meant that there was much more to deal with then just an attack...The aftermath was going to be staggering and as a Burial Agency Representative, there was now a chance he'd drag them into battle like the White Council was threatening to do.

The alternative however, was the deaths of more innocent people and the possibility of the Red Court unlocking the power of the Golems of Prague. And that was no choice at all. At worst, he'd be expected to be given over to the Red Court in the end, if not executed himself as reparations. Well then.

Keeping this insight of his eventual and most probable fate to himself, Lucifer spoke up.

"That much is clear, yes. At the least, removing their influence here will allow us an easier time of it- In dealing with the mess here, it'll mean less reinforcement to their allows in the Underground. This is getting political now however and I feel it'd be fair to warn you- Now besides our enemies getting a hold of us, because of the Accords there is a distinct danger in even allied powers turning you in to keep the peace. And of course...There is her."

He nodded to Miranda who winked coyly in response.

"Malkavian vampires are famous for being able to see the future, but they are all...Irrecoverably insane as well. Speaking with one feels like trying to keep up with a thousand conversational topics. Hmm?"

He blinked and leaned away as Miranda got into his personal bubble, staring at his face intently before doing the same to everyone else. Skipping back, she held up her fingers like she was framing them all and tilted her head to the side.

"She says you'd all make excellent statues, but personally she's not sure and wouldn't want to risk the pigeons anyway."

To Lucifer, this news had just gotten a lot worse. At least now he knew why hardly anyone raised a hand. With the Red Court backing Matou, it meant any reprisals against them would mean an act of war to those of the Accords. He hated it when things got political, it meant that there was much more to deal with then just an attack...The aftermath was going to be staggering and as a Burial Agency Representative, there was now a chance he'd drag them into battle like the White Council was threatening to do.

The alternative however, was the deaths of more innocent people and the possibility of the Red Court unlocking the power of the Golems of Prague. And that was no choice at all. At worst, he'd be expected to be given over to the Red Court in the end, if not executed himself as reparations. Well then.

Keeping this insight of his eventual and most probable fate to himself, Lucifer spoke up.

"That much is clear, yes. At the least, removing their influence here will allow us an easier time of it- In dealing with the mess here, it'll mean less reinforcement to their allows in the Underground. This is getting political now however and I feel it'd be fair to warn you- Now besides our enemies getting a hold of us, because of the Accords there is a distinct danger in even allied powers turning you in to keep the peace. And of course...There is her."

"Malkavian vampires are famous for being able to see the future, but they are all...Irrecoverably insane as well. Speaking with one feels like trying to keep up with a thousand conversational topics. Hmm?"

He blinked and leaned away as Miranda got into his personal bubble, staring at his face intently before doing the same to everyone else. Skipping back, she held up her fingers like she was framing them all and tilted her head to the side.

"She says you'd all make excellent statues, but personally she's not sure and wouldn't want to risk the pigeons anyway."

"Fuck, that's right, the Accords... Wait, isn't this somehow breaking the Accords as well? Just taking over Undertown? Seems like something that would piss off the wrong people... Like Miss Miranda and the Malkavian vampires? I mean, crazy or not, I'm pretty sure based on the language being used, Miranda isn't a fan of them, Lucifer..."

He only dropped the woman and her group of vamps because they seemed the most likely to be upset by the whole thing. Miranda was obviously pissed about all of this, so it seemed the Malkavians, mad as they appeared to be, would be as well if the Red Court had full control. Not to mention everyone else living in constant tension here...

He came back to awareness when suddenly, the geisha's face was in his and he cocked a brow. It only raised higher at the goblin's words about statues.

"I didn't realize you had Medusa on speed dial, Lady Miranda. A dangerous friend for a dangerous woman?" Vincent let the question hang for a moment before shrugging, "Either way, insanity or not, oracle or not, any way you can help us? I'm guessing you don't exactly like the changes around here, so maybe a we scratch your back and you scratch ours sort of deal?"

Vincent nodded as he set the body of the monster down, having lugged it back on his own from the river.

"I'll make you a deal. You let all of us pass your bridge unmolested until we finish our business down here and leave for good, and you get this body. Should still be edible given what you Fae can handle."

@The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @york @Kaykay
Urgoth chuckled and reached out for the body.

"Done. To both."

⊕ Urgoth will remember this.

He then slung himself off the bridge and descended into the lake with his prize. Lucifer grimaced, but said nothing against it.

⊕ Lucifer will remember this.

Taking first step on the bridge, just in case he waited for a beat and relaxed as it was clear Urgoth had kept his bargain.

The way ahead was clear and as they stepped through the gates and into the darkness, they soon left the sulfuric lake behind...Emerging into a world of hallowed light.

780975f92eb5fdfadf127dbf316b0ee6.jpg

The sight was breath taking and rare enough that it warranted a second glance, upon the Undertown of Prague. Lights of unknown means gleamed bright, but cold. The earth wasn't shaped so much as grown, more organic and pleasing to the eye as though it was the hands of a gardener rather than a stone mason that had forged these places. The sandy floor glittered in the light and all around, the strange and fantastical of a world long since gone showed itself openly. From the little faeries that doubled as messengers, to the scions- Half breeds like Lucifer and Vincent, some more monstrous than others as well as all other sorts. What was rare however, were humans.

What was disturbingly similar to the intrepid party, was the presence of what felt like martial law. People generally kept to groups, often stopping their conversation if they felt there was anyone listening in. The merchants, such as were still open kept what were obviously guards by their stalls...Big, nasty, armored figures or those armed with automatic fire weapons. A strange mix of the old and new...And then there were the occupying force.

49fbe84e088b8294f81fda683b5f2e15.jpg

In groups of six, they patrolled the pathways and people made sure to get out of their way. Something wrong was occurring down here...And it seemed the party had just came in time, to the fringes of it. With a grimace, Lucifer muttered quietly.

"This is new...And I don't recognize these troops either."

Out of nowhere, behind Lisa a delicate hand placed itself on her shoulder, tracing her body as the figure slid out before them all, offering a bright smile-A strange thing considering the current climate and a peace sign, as she curtsied.

91cd0bb63ccaffccdcd2aea6fea56228.jpg

By her feet, a voice spoke.

"My Mistress Miranda, of the Clan of the Moon bids you welcome."

Lucifer started and frowned, looking down at the figure below. An ugly looking goblin, who was giving just as suspicious a look towards the party as Lucifer was giving Miranda suddenly.

Miranda beamed and gave a little wave with her fan.

A little examination revealed the lack of breath as well as the fangs in her mouth, if Lucifer's reaction and unease to her was any indication beyond that. This one was a vampire...Though a name, known to certain circles would tell them all they needed to know as to why Lucifer was on edge. The Clan of the Moon. Cassandras. Madmen.

Malkavian.

@Kaykay @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @york
For a moment, Vincent simply stood in awe of the underground sanctuary for the mythical creatures of Prague. He had never really had a chance to visit such a place and explore it, his focus having always been to appear as a normal student before now who just happened to be an incredible swimmer. Now though, on a mission to capture or kill a mad wizard and his pet golem, the half-fishman wondered why he had never ventured too far into the magical communities of his hometowns. He had missed a lot, too much in fact.

"Stars above... So this is what I've been missing all my life..."

For a few moments, he simply stood in awe of the sights around them, regardless of the equivalent of marshal law being enforced here. The detective's eyes almost seemed to dart from side to side, trying to take it all in as his amazement only grew.

"Huh...?"

He came back to reality when the geisha-like woman stepped out before them. Damn, she was a looker for sure... Unlike the little goblin by her feet, the one introducing her and welcoming them. Clan of the Moon, where had he heard that? Some sort of vampire? That would explain the fangs better than her being a werewolf, at least...

Without any real knowledge of how to respond to such an introduction, the detective bowed slightly in respect of the vampire, hoping to cover up for Lucifer's unease, and tried his best to think of a proper way of referring to himself in this moment.

"Vincent of Innsmouth. Thank you for your welcome, Lady Miranda, and thank you, goblin, for speaking on her behalf."

With that done with, he raised back up and nodded at the woman, indicating he still had something to say.

"If you do not mind me asking though, Lady Miranda... Why is Undertown being patrolled so heavily?"

Lisa, or Tattletale, hid her surprise at the sudden touch through a cunning-looking smirk, casually resting a hand on her hip as she watched the woman curtsy. As usual, she began gathering information about the target.

"Heya, what brings you here?" she asked, seeming to disregard Lucifer's unease as she spoke like she was talking to a friend.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @york

"So Red Court vamps are working with Matou, and they're trying to take this whole place over... Heh, thanks for the information, Lady Miranda. Know where we can find them? We've got some business that involves kicking the mage's ass, so we might be able to shake things up enough to knock out their control over the market as well if we can find him."

"Fuck, that's right, the Accords... Wait, isn't this somehow breaking the Accords as well? Just taking over Undertown? Seems like something that would piss off the wrong people... Like Miss Miranda and the Malkavian vampires? I mean, crazy or not, I'm pretty sure based on the language being used, Miranda isn't a fan of them, Lucifer..."

He only dropped the woman and her group of vamps because they seemed the most likely to be upset by the whole thing. Miranda was obviously pissed about all of this, so it seemed the Malkavians, mad as they appeared to be, would be as well if the Red Court had full control. Not to mention everyone else living in constant tension here...

He came back to awareness when suddenly, the geisha's face was in his and he cocked a brow. It only raised higher at the goblin's words about statues.

"I didn't realize you had Medusa on speed dial, Lady Miranda. A dangerous friend for a dangerous woman?" Vincent let the question hang for a moment before shrugging, "Either way, insanity or not, oracle or not, any way you can help us? I'm guessing you don't exactly like the changes around here, so maybe a we scratch your back and you scratch ours sort of deal?"

Evelyn Fisher
@The Tactician @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster

Hmm, so it seemed the place had some sort of hostile takeover, with a magus at the center nonetheless. Perhaps it was time to do a little crowd control? On the other hand, there was another matter niggling at the back of her head, that clawed assailant.

"So, know of some guy hanging around with a cold iron claw?" Evelyn asked, cutting to the chase.

She stood by idly, carefully watching those in front of her, it seemed like they weren't here to do any harm, but that comment about turning them into statues certainly drove her to keep her guard up. As much as she liked to take risks, there were some gambles she'd prefer to avoid all-together.

"Its...Skirting the letter of the law. Through fear, addiction and I fear their own dark gifts. Turning everything slowly, into Red Court thralls I suspect." Lucifer mused. Miranda nodded, unashamed at eavesdropping. Lucifer looked confused- A standard expression with Malkavian and continued.

"Still, I agree. We cannot in good conscious leave things be and the confusion it will rout in our enemies will be to our advantage. Which leaves but one question."
"So, know of some guy hanging around with a cold iron claw?" Evelyn asked, cutting to the chase.
Miranda staggered slightly, hand over her heart in a mime act before performing a complicated systematic array of hand signs to her translator for over ten minutes. The goblin sighed out.

"She says, 'yes."
Miranda bounced on her heels back and forth in thought, pacing in sudden mimicry of Lucifer himself how the Priest held himself, prompting a startled laugh. Turning back to them as a whole, she crooked her finger and lifting up her kimono slightly, took off at a brisk jog.

No need for translation and they followed after. By some innate sense, she led them around the patrols, with a premonition that bordered on precognition. Finally however, she led them to an area akin to an open-air arena...Or open cavern, as it were.

It was the only place to talk safely, judging from the guards all around. A mixture of races and types, armed to the teeth. A massive, Russian looking man smoking a cigar and wearing a baseball cap would nod towards Miranda as he let them pass. The goblin spoke.

"This is the Cirque du Fantome. A performing troop currently stationed here till the Red Court relaxes their grip. They hadn't been able to push us around, but there's a friend gone missing...Our knife thrower. Perhaps you've heard of her? Cyndi the Keen-Eyed? I'm worried they might be attempting to use her to prompt an open fight, at which point they can simply walk in and overpower us. If you can find her and save her, we can leave...And in return, we can help you on your quest. As a sign of our gratitude, we will even give you information on the man with the Iron Claw in turn. For free, from our Seer."

He waited a beat and Miranda clapped her hands together in a pleading gesture as she put on a sad expression.

"Will you help us?"

@Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Kaykay @york

Even Lisa couldn't hold a poker face when her power, rather than just giving her an assortment of information, fed her insane ramblings that only sounded worse being sent right into her head. She winced, rubbing her temple with one hand. What the hell was this? Her power had given her false information before based on faulty data or information, but even in the presence of the Endbringers it had never done anything like this.

The teen was rather out of it for the following conversation, having to manually keep her power at bay to prevent the insanity from continuing to pour into her mind like a flood crashing against a house.

Once she finally felt comfortable, or at least a little better, she began to let her power slowly trickle in information again. Just barely managing to follow the conversation thanks to it, she once again took her usual expression, doing her best to hide the headache still assaulting her.

After following Miranda, the task given seemed easy, especially for someone with her specialty.

"No problem, just give us a few and we'll be outta here in a jiffy."

She made it a point to avoid looking at either Miranda or the goblin, lest her power begin to assault her once more. Scanning the rest of the area, she tried to gather information on this "Cyndi the Keen-Eyed."

"Its...Skirting the letter of the law. Through fear, addiction and I fear their own dark gifts. Turning everything slowly, into Red Court thralls I suspect." Lucifer mused. Miranda nodded, unashamed at eavesdropping. Lucifer looked confused- A standard expression with Malkavian and continued.

"Still, I agree. We cannot in good conscious leave things be and the confusion it will rout in our enemies will be to our advantage. Which leaves but one question."

Miranda staggered slightly, hand over her heart in a mime act before performing a complicated systematic array of hand signs to her translator for over ten minutes. The goblin sighed out.

"She says, 'yes."

Miranda bounced on her heels back and forth in thought, pacing in sudden mimicry of Lucifer himself how the Priest held himself, prompting a startled laugh. Turning back to them as a whole, she crooked her finger and lifting up her kimono slightly, took off at a brisk jog.

No need for translation and they followed after. By some innate sense, she led them around the patrols, with a premonition that bordered on precognition. Finally however, she led them to an area akin to an open-air arena...Or open cavern, as it were.

It was the only place to talk safely, judging from the guards all around. A mixture of races and types, armed to the teeth. A massive, Russian looking man smoking a cigar and wearing a baseball cap would nod towards Miranda as he let them pass. The goblin spoke.

"This is the Cirque du Fantome. A performing troop currently stationed here till the Red Court relaxes their grip. They hadn't been able to push us around, but there's a friend gone missing...Our knife thrower. Perhaps you've heard of her? Cyndi the Keen-Eyed? I'm worried they might be attempting to use her to prompt an open fight, at which point they can simply walk in and overpower us. If you can find her and save her, we can leave...And in return, we can help you on your quest. As a sign of our gratitude, we will even give you information on the man with the Iron Claw in turn. For free, from our Seer."

He waited a beat and Miranda clapped her hands together in a pleading gesture as she put on a sad expression.

"Will you help us?"

Even Lisa couldn't hold a poker face when her power, rather than just giving her an assortment of information, fed her insane ramblings that only sounded worse being sent right into her head. She winced, rubbing her temple with one hand. What the hell was this? Her power had given her false information before based on faulty data or information, but even in the presence of the Endbringers it had never done anything like this.

The teen was rather out of it for the following conversation, having to manually keep her power at bay to prevent the insanity from continuing to pour into her mind like a flood crashing against a house.

Once she finally felt comfortable, or at least a little better, she began to let her power slowly trickle in information again. Just barely managing to follow the conversation thanks to it, she once again took her usual expression, doing her best to hide the headache still assaulting her.

After following Miranda, the task given seemed easy, especially for someone with her specialty.

She made it a point to avoid looking at either Miranda or the goblin, lest her power begin to assault her once more. Scanning the rest of the area, she tried to gather information on this "Cyndi the Keen-Eyed."

"Cyndi the Keen-Eyed, knife thrower... Got it. You mind showing us to her room or wagon that she was staying in, Lady Miranda?"

Vincent was sure they would discover the truth of the mystery. His skills as an anthropologist and information gatherer would let him understand the culture around here better than most and collect the needed facts from people. Whether that let them to a living knife thrower, or a girl who needed to be avenged, that was the uncertainty of the case.

"How long has she been missing? A day or more?"

"Will you help us?"
kydwFhk.jpg

"...Wow."

Roger felt admittedly a bit dumb for such a blank comment to escape his lips but everything here had been quite the eye-opener. To think he had enlisted in the force because he wanted some excitement out of life and to help people. But when that went south because of corruption in the force during the zombie outbreak in Pennsylvania, Roger fled with Peter and two other friends. To think escaping from the madness would have eventually lead him and his friend to getting past trolls and now having to help out people?

It was almost like things had come full circle. But before Roger could voice his support, Peter stepped forward and smiled. Both men knew what the other was gonna say. "You want our help? Well, then you'll get all 100% of it. My partner and I aren't exactly superhuman. We're just two guys who want to help people when we can. But we'll do what's possible and that's a fact."

"Yeah!" Roger added in excitement! His partner sure knew how to lay it down!

@Kaykay @The Tahitian @york @Ringmaster

"She says, 'yes."

"Will you help us?"

"Cyndi the Keen-Eyed, knife thrower... Got it. You mind showing us to her room or wagon that she was staying in, Lady Miranda?"

Vincent was sure they would discover the truth of the mystery. His skills as an anthropologist and information gatherer would let him understand the culture around here better than most and collect the needed facts from people. Whether that let them to a living knife thrower, or a girl who needed to be avenged, that was the uncertainty of the case.

kydwFhk.jpg

"...Wow."

Roger felt admittedly a bit dumb for such a blank comment to escape his lips but everything here had been quite the eye-opener. To think he had enlisted in the force because he wanted some excitement out of life and to help people. But when that went south because of corruption in the force during the zombie outbreak in Pennsylvania, Roger fled with Peter and two other friends. To think escaping from the madness would have eventually lead him and his friend to getting past trolls and now having to help out people?

It was almost like things had come full circle. But before Roger could voice his support, Peter stepped forward and smiled. Both men knew what the other was gonna say. "You want our help? Well, then you'll get all 100% of it. My partner and I aren't exactly superhuman. We're just two guys who want to help people when we can. But we'll do what's possible and that's a fact."

@Kaykay @The Tahitian @york @Ringmaster
Evelyn Fisher
@Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Kaykay @Ringmaster

Jackpot! Looks like Evelyn was more than satisfied with the scenario presented before her; not only did they appear to get free passage past those guards, at least this once, they might just be able to restore at least a little order to this place, and in return... They'll get some more intel on that clawed fellow. Besides the risk of death, injury, capture, or perhaps worse, there appeared to be no downside, for Evelyn at least.

"Hell yeah! Count me in!" She said, while she wasn't completely shouting, she definitely came close to it thanks to her enthusiasm.

"Got any leads on where your knife thrower's at?" She asked after a moment.

Well, it was likely the hostile take-over was the cause for the knife thrower's disappearance, but a particular set of places to scour would be at least a starting point. Though Evelyn would love the adventure of exploring the entire town just to find who they were looking for, the possibility of their missing knife thrower... Expiring by that point, gave her the incentive to find ways to speed up the search, to some degree anyways.

"Hell yeah! Count me in!" She said, while she wasn't completely shouting, she definitely came close to it thanks to her enthusiasm.

"Got any leads on where your knife thrower's at?" She asked after a moment.

Well, it was likely the hostile take-over was the cause for the knife thrower's disappearance, but a particular set of places to scour would be at least a starting point. Though Evelyn would love the adventure of exploring the entire town just to find who they were looking for, the possibility of their missing knife thrower... Expiring by that point, gave her the incentive to find ways to speed up the search, to some degree anyways.
"Well....If she was taken by them? There's really only one place they would take her."

-------

A circus is a magical place. Full of wanderers and artists, all performing in a world that slowly is seeing their decline. And yet, much like when you see a live performance or a dance? There's a magic in the air that captivates...Such was the atmosphere of the Cirque du Fantome, the only version of its kind, meant for our sort. Its people were much like my own....Not vampires, though I'm sure they had at least one in the form of Miranda. But rather in the gypsies. My origins lie in the wanderers and perhaps that was why I relaxed so much, despite my misgivings. But true to their word, they bestowed upon us the knowledge we needed for our journey and gave us a direction.

But none of us could have anticipated the following.

------

".....I'm just going to go on record."

Lucifer said flatly as they looked at the following from the cover of cargo and stalagmites.

J_Michael_Riva_remembered_article_story_main.jpg

"That is pretty awesome."

A genuine, honest-to-good galleon underground. Property of the Red Court and apparently, the means in which they transported whatever goods that their Magus needed, while retaining the Market as their base.

And supposedly, where the circus knife thrower was said to be.

Around the crude dock, minion thralls of the Red Court patrolled in silk suits, rifles at their sides as cargo was slowly loaded. Stores of scrap metal and for some reason, rotting corpses. Grave robbery business, with little concern as to what condition the bodies were in.

"Well....If she was taken by them? There's really only one place they would take her."

-------

A circus is a magical place. Full of wanderers and artists, all performing in a world that slowly is seeing their decline. And yet, much like when you see a live performance or a dance? There's a magic in the air that captivates...Such was the atmosphere of the Cirque du Fantome, the only version of its kind, meant for our sort. Its people were much like my own....Not vampires, though I'm sure they had at least one in the form of Miranda. But rather in the gypsies. My origins lie in the wanderers and perhaps that was why I relaxed so much, despite my misgivings. But true to their word, they bestowed upon us the knowledge we needed for our journey and gave us a direction.

------

Lucifer said flatly as they looked at the following from the cover of cargo and stalagmites.

A genuine, honest-to-good galleon underground. Property of the Red Court and apparently, the means in which they transported whatever goods that their Magus needed, while retaining the Market as their base.

Around the crude dock, minion thralls of the Red Court patrolled in silk suits, rifles at their sides as cargo was slowly loaded. Stores of scrap metal and for some reason, rotting corpses. Grave robbery business, with little concern as to what condition the bodies were in.

"Damn straight, that's out and out amazing."

Vincent whistled, in awe of the leviathan that they were about to storm or sneak aboard. Call it stereotypical, but the fishman had always found his human side's heritage of creating great vessels and sailing upon them to overcome the inability to swim for long periods of time. There was just something about its sheer refusal to accept the physical boundaries of the world that tickled him funny.

"Anyways, anyone see a hole in it that's big enough to fit a person?"

Without waiting for answer, the private-eye was slipping his trench coat off and unbuttoning his shirt. No point in wearing either of the two articles as the coat would simply weigh him down and get caught on something while on the ship and the shirt would restrict his movement too much to allow a stealthy dive and swim.

"I can get on board and check it out by swimming in if so. Likewise, if I find her before you all get on board, I'll try leading her the way I came while you all raise hell out here to get their attention away from us."

-------

------

Vincent whistled, in awe of the leviathan that they were about to storm or sneak aboard. Call it stereotypical, but the fishman had always found his human side's heritage of creating great vessels and sailing upon them to overcome the inability to swim for long periods of time. There was just something about its sheer refusal to accept the physical boundaries of the world that tickled him funny.

Without waiting for answer, the private-eye was slipping his trench coat off and unbuttoning his shirt. No point in wearing either of the two articles as the coat would simply weigh him down and get caught on something while on the ship and the shirt would restrict his movement too much to allow a stealthy dive and swim.

"I can get on board and check it out by swimming in if so. Likewise, if I find her before you all get on board, I'll try leading her the way I came while you all raise hell out here to get their attention away from us."
Evelyn Fisher
@Ringmaster @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Others

Evelyn tapped her chin, staring at the ship, and the henchmen loading it up... Hmm, if she were trying to secretly transfer some prisoner they were keeping, they'd probably wanna store them in the last place they'd look.

Hmm... Bodies, and scrap metal, a prisoner would fall under the former...

"Think they stored her with the bodies?" She asked suddenly, in a hushed tone.

It was just a calculated guess on her part, but it was a distinct possibility, although not a pleasant one (to her).

Last edited:

Evelyn tapped her chin, staring at the ship, and the henchmen loading it up... Hmm, if she were trying to secretly transfer some prisoner they were keeping, they'd probably wanna store them in the last place they'd look.

Hmm... Bodies, and scap metal, a prisoner would fall under the former...

"Think they stored her with the bodies?" She asked suddenly, in a hushed tone.

It was just a calculated guess on her part, but it was a distinct possibility, although not a pleasant one (to her).
"Maybe- Looks like a lot of cargo here. Means whatever this ship was, its been altered to fit. If there is anyone, she'd be below in the holds." Lucifer grimaced before looking around quickly in quick count. There was at least six guards patrolling, members of the Red Court...And at least two trolls, far smaller then Urgoth they had ran into earlier, acting as heavy labor. They picked up the crates like they weighed nothing, moving them onto the ship.

If no one had a better plan, Lucifer would say quietly.

"I think...Some of us could sneak onboard through the crates. The tops aren't sealed, you can slip in and let them put you in the hold before sneaking out. Or you can stay here and prepare for a distraction."

He glanced over at Vincent.

"So whats the signal when you find her?"

@The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay

"You guys can do the sneaking. I work a little better from the outside anyway," Lisa said, smiling as she shrugged. If she ever got caught, she didn't have much to physically defend herself with if they wouldn't listen to her words. And, well, sometimes that happened. Best to avoid the worst situation at all if possible. A distraction would probably be easier to play keep away with.

She looked to the others to see what they'd plan to do.

No point distracting if nobody was going to do the sneaking after all. Someone would have to do the dirty work.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits

"Maybe- Looks like a lot of cargo here. Means whatever this ship was, its been altered to fit. If there is anyone, she'd be below in the holds." Lucifer grimaced before looking around quickly in quick count. There was at least six guards patrolling, members of the Red Court...And at least two trolls, far smaller then Urgoth they had ran into earlier, acting as heavy labor. They picked up the crates like they weighed nothing, moving them onto the ship.

"I think...Some of us could sneak onboard through the crates. The tops aren't sealed, you can slip in and let them put you in the hold before sneaking out. Or you can stay here and prepare for a distraction."

"Not sure yet, but I'll figure something out. Probably something with fire..."

Vincent hadn't really planned ahead in that respect, having only thought of how he would slip on board the ship. However, he soon shrugged as an idea popped into his head.

"Keep an eye for which of those... gun ports? Yeah, keep an eye on the gun port I climb in through. I'm sure there's something I can quickly light as a sort of signal flare, so if you see a fire on a stick come out of the one I climbed through for a few seconds, take a guess at that being me and the girl, about to swim back here."

"You guys can do the sneaking. I work a little better from the outside anyway," Lisa said, smiling as she shrugged. If she ever got caught, she didn't have much to physically defend herself with if they wouldn't listen to her words. And, well, sometimes that happened. Best to avoid the worst situation at all if possible. A distraction would probably be easier to play keep away with.

No point distracting if nobody was going to do the sneaking after all. Someone would have to do the dirty work.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits

Vincent hadn't really planned ahead in that respect, having only thought of how he would slip on board the ship. However, he soon shrugged as an idea popped into his head.

"Keep an eye for which of those... gun ports? Yeah, keep an eye on the gun port I climb in through. I'm sure there's something I can quickly light as a sort of signal flare, so if you see a fire on a stick come out of the one I climbed through for a few seconds, take a guess at that being me and the girl, about to swim back here."

Evelyn Fisher
@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay

Evelyn nodded slowly, then gestured to her weapon subtly, which was currently a somewhat bloodied walking stick that was apparently sharpened on both ends.

"I'll see if I can't find myself a better weapon." She said, eyeing the ship, then those patrolling the area a little.

Granted she wasn't going to mess around too much and go after random folks in the area, since she had to keep an eye out for the signal... But, if an opportunity came her way, she'd take it.

Evelyn nodded slowly, then gestured to her weapon subtly, which was currently a somewhat bloodied walking stick that was apparently sharpened on both ends.

"I'll see if I can't find myself a better weapon." She said, eyeing the ship, then those patrolling the area a little.

Granted she wasn't going to mess around too much and go after random folks in the area, since she had to keep an eye out for the signal... But, if an opportunity came her way, she'd take it.
"I'll watch from above." Lucifer said swiftly, before adding. "Good luck everyone."

And with that, he stepped back into the shadows and was gone.

Leaving everyone else to do their thing.

The way to the water for Vincent was clear- The guards were watching the ship and had little to no idea, that there was anything to attack from that direction. As for Evelyn, there would be a chance to snag a weapon...One of the guards seemed to be wandering off with his partner, opposite some boxes perfect for hiding, if any chose to use that method.

But then they started talking and things suddenly came into focus.

"So. Did you hear the news? The excavation discovered it. Needs more workers though."

"That explains all these bodies. Do they really die so fast?"

"Yeah, seems the Masters have some trouble in the Deep Places, the locals are a little trigger happy."

He muttered a word in what sounded like a Spanish curse and went quiet.

One of the troll servitors moved towards the box.

If anyone wished to sneak aboard the ship, now was the time.

--------

Ship_Inner_Hatch.jpg

The gunport would open easily enough, with only a brief creak...The cannons themselves, upon close examination seemed to be in very good condition. Archaic though these were, they could still do a great deal of damage without the additional worry of being affected by a Wizards anti-technology field. Which meant this ship had one more thing to worry about.

A crew.

And within, at various places all slumped would be more of those undead things they saw earlier...Save with older bodies, with a deep scent of formaldehyde about them.

And at the far end, a brig where a woman wrapped in a blanket would be breathing shallowly.

@york @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay

ENEMY COUNT

22 Zombie Crewmen, 4 Red Court Thralls, 2 Troll Servitors.​

"I'll watch from above." Lucifer said swiftly, before adding. "Good luck everyone."

The way to the water for Vincent was clear- The guards were watching the ship and had little to no idea, that there was anything to attack from that direction. As for Evelyn, there would be a chance to snag a weapon...One of the guards seemed to be wandering off with his partner, opposite some boxes perfect for hiding, if any chose to use that method.

"So. Did you hear the news? The excavation discovered it. Needs more workers though."

"Yeah, seems the Masters have some trouble in the Deep Places, the locals are a little trigger happy."

--------

Ship_Inner_Hatch.jpg

The gunport would open easily enough, with only a brief creak...The cannons themselves, upon close examination seemed to be in very good condition. Archaic though these were, they could still do a great deal of damage without the additional worry of being affected by a Wizards anti-technology field. Which meant this ship had one more thing to worry about.

A crew.

And within, at various places all slumped would be more of those undead things they saw earlier...Save with older bodies, with a deep scent of formaldehyde about them.

And at the far end, a brig where a woman wrapped in a blanket would be breathing shallowly.

ENEMY COUNT

Vincent didn't even bother to try and shake himself dry after he hauled his ass up through the gun port. He couldn't risk someone hearing him down here and coming down to check, and besides, not like it would help much after they went for another round in the water. Instead, he briefly checked his weapons to make sure they were still in working order before taking in the sight before them.

"Dammit..."

There were definitely too many of the clay bastards to quietly kill, and he couldn't resort to fire his gun without provoking them and anyone above on the top deck... So he would just need to be quiet the entire time he was aboard. That also meant he couldn't just bust the brig's lock (if it had one, and it probably did) with a gunshot or a smack of his shotgun... This was really going to get complicated and dangerous if he wanted to get the knife-thrower out.

Guess I should have expected it, given that this is the Red Court...

With a careful step to make sure he didn't accidentally kick one of the zombies awake and raging, Vincent headed down the line of them, eyeing their pockets if they had any for a bulge of some kind that looked like a key. If none of them had such a thing, he would huff and move to the stairs, to peek up to the upper deck and see if any of the workers top side might have the key.

@Ringmaster

--------

Ship_Inner_Hatch.jpg

A crew.

ENEMY COUNT

Evelyn Fisher
@Ringmaster @Others?

Evelyn was on the move in an instant, ducking behind the boxes as soon as she saw a good opportunity, and waited. Though as she waited, she could clearly overhear the guards talking about the nature of the bodies, looks like things were pretty on edge around here.

At any rate, she didn't want to get too sidetracked, and kept her focus on the task at hand, waiting for the guards to get close to her position as she prepared do strike, swiftly, and silently.

As soon as one of the guards drew close enough, she would attempt to nab them quickly, intending to knock them out with the side her stick as quickly as possible. Once she was better armed... She might just be able to take out his partner​

Status
Not open for further replies.