Vampires of Prague: A Moonlit World Dungeon Crawl. IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The creatures flailed at the end of the stick, attempting to swing their machetes towards Evelyn despite the wound that would kill a human. At least up to a point there was a twist and the one collapsed. A fact Lucifer noted as he stabbed the closest, using an empty hand to redirect a machete before the black key plunged deep.

Destroying the heart or the brain seemed to work on these constructs, the shotgun blast knocking one over away from Vincent as it fell over.

Had they been anyone else, perhaps the monsters would have terrified them. In a way, they were still pretty scary in and of themselves. Their skin was the color of rot and their eyes filmy and white. Arms were haphazardly sewn on, and the smell of peat filled the air. But what made them truly disturbing was the way they ignored pain, their alien gait so unnatural, even in the Moonlit World circles. These were creatures born of many cultures, known by similar names. Even the Mundanes knew of them, though in a Hollywood sense with the roots long since obscured by history and glamour.

Here, they were a poor mans version of the Golems of the Jews. Formed by necromatic magic and corpses aplenty.

And while there were quite a few, it seems they were little more than a scouting party as they collapsed to earth before the group.

Lucifer lowered his weapons warily, his fighters crouch in place as he flicked bile off his blades.

Afterwards, he turned to the masked lady and extended a hand for a shake.

"Thank you for your timely assistance. Now comes the hard part."

To enter the Underworld of Prague. A straightforward journey into darkness and death...

A.) Enter now?

B.) Examine the Bodies.

@Kaykay @york @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits
Tattletale took his hand with a firm shake, perhaps a little bit too much so. At least she wasn't really strong enough to hurt someone with a handshake, or something ridiculous like that. From what one could see of her blue eyes through her mask, her gaze seemed a bit piercing as she faced Lucifer, though still friendly and almost silly somehow.

Using her power, she looked at the bodies and began to take in information. When presented with just about anything, she had the ability to immediately extrapolate information from the littlest leads, figuring out passwords, origins, weaknesses, or just whatever information her power decided to feed her.

"Let's go then boys, shall we? Oh, and lady. Don't worry, I didn't forget about you." Winking towards Evelyn, the girl waited for the others to begin to enter the Underworld of Prague. She sure as heck wasn't going to act as their frontliner, after all.
5vbIUQf.jpg

"No offense meant given you helped us take down these things. But, what? You some kinda superhero or something?" Peter asked as he looked her over. Girl looked like she walked straight out of one those damn comics or something.

@Kaykay @Ringmaster @york @The Tactician
She simply chuckled as the man seemed to critique her choice in outfit. For those unfamiliar with capes, for whatever reason, she probably did look pretty silly.

wziaO7V.png

"Whatever tickles your fancy. But like fishboy said, it's funny I'm the one that caught your attention. Looking a little too close cause I'm a lady?" she teased, still occasionally throwing a glance over the bodies. Conveniently for her, she didn't really need to get down and dirty to pull whatever information they could give her.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @york @Chewy Rabbits

Tattletale took his hand with a firm shake, perhaps a little bit too much so. At least she wasn't really strong enough to hurt someone with a handshake, or something ridiculous like that. From what one could see of her blue eyes through her mask, her gaze seemed a bit piercing as she faced Lucifer, though still friendly and almost silly somehow.
Name: Byronic Vamp(Paranet handle)
Uniform: Catholic Priest, outfitted for battle. Crease indicates hidden pockets, longcoat hides the signs. Probable faction: Burial Agency.

Physical cues: Red eyes, Romanian male. True Identity? Father Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu. Dampyr agent of the Church. Sighted in London, Paris and as of now, Prague.

Unaware of her ability or the fact she had information on him, he inclined his head in turn in friendly greeting.
"Let's go then boys, shall we? Oh, and lady. Don't worry, I didn't forget about you." Winking towards Evelyn, the girl waited for the others to begin to enter the Underworld of Prague. She sure as heck wasn't going to act as their frontliner, after all.
"Agreed. But first, I'll have to deal with the bodies." In this case, it meant dumping them in the river. At which point, it'd be impossible to tell which way they came from as the current took them. Which meant no mundane folk would be lurking around, in possible danger. Though with a wince as he dumped them, he'd look to Vincent and make an apologetic shrug.

"Er...Sorry. I feel a little guilty about this."

Dumping bodies in the water where Vincent had emerged, was not a thing he was entirely comfortable with.
Using her power, she looked at the bodies and began to take in information. When presented with just about anything, she had the ability to immediately extrapolate information from the littlest leads, figuring out passwords, origins, weaknesses, or just whatever information her power decided to feed her.
"Superhero or not, her help is fine with us," Vincent commented as he walked over to the bodies of the creatures they had just gun down. They would need to move fast, search the bodies and then move on, or else the cops would be on them in a minute. The fishman could only imagine the explanations they would need to escape prosecution for killing the damn things and carrying weapons. Sorry, officer, we're just a bunch of tourists who decided to have a little shootout with these animals that look like humans. Yes, sir, we do happen to be Americans! What of it?

"Besides, you've already got a fishman on your team. Not like it can get any weirder than me."

Disproportionate body parts. Woman's arm, on a mans body. Red nail polish, lavender flower tattoo- This belonged to one of the victims gone missing.

Marks on the shoulder...Vampire attack.

More jagged, less neat pin-pricks. Not the White then, nor the Black. Which leaves the Red Court. Humanoid, beautiful people on the outside, monstrous creatures within. Saliva is a hazardous, addictive substance they use to enslave victims.

Memo, do not let it touch your skin.

To Evelyn, Lucifer called out.

"I can go in front. I can see better than most, its...A talent. Your weapon can likewise be a good way to keep back enemies, with our gunners in the back. If that's all we need to do, then we can go in now."

And so they did, if there was no objection.

---------

Phase One: The Undertown.

342e45461894cb5314d78feb8b99ba65.jpg

The first part of the tunnel was sewer lines. Obvious enough, but after a while Lucifer would pause and brush his hands over etched signs in the rock, that Vincent would recognize as Troll Cant- Faerie method of leading people to sanctuary.

Even so, it was a surprise when their lights were no longer needed and the ground changed from concrete to cobblestone before emerging into the torchlit area. Shadows were vast, steam rose from the sulfuric waters and a distinct clinking noise echoed everywhere, echoed by many voices in turn. Lucifer seemed satisfied as he spoke aloud.

"Welcome...To the Undertown of Prague. The local troll market, though in truth it is much, much more than that. This is the city of the Wyldfae, its foundations laid long ago during the Renaissance. Abandoned in time, for reasons they will not share, others soon flocked to fill in the spaces. Almost every creature you can imagine, from all the tales reside here. It will also, be where our target will have been, if only for a while. The Undertown is the first stop, before descending into the Underworlds dangers. Of which, are many and myriad. Not only the bandits and twisted creatures, but rumored to contain portals to the Nevernever, forever opening when the walls between worlds are thin. But people risk it nonetheless, for the treasures many claim are there."

He scowled and as they walked up towards the bridge, added.

"The secret, of life itself. Or so the Jewish sorcerers tales go."

And then at that moment, a massive hand reached out from under the bridge to the Undertown, its owner pulling himself up to place himself in their path.

0e7c59bfd8b30ed591773c32881b7538.jpg

The smell was horrendous with every exhale of its breath. And the fist was as big as an ordinary man as he sneered from behind tombstone-sized teeth.

"I am Urgoth. You will give me one of your own for my dinner to pass, or you will all fill my pot."

"....That's new."

@The Tactician @Kaykay @york @Chewy Rabbits

The creatures flailed at the end of the stick, attempting to swing their machetes towards Evelyn despite the wound that would kill a human. At least up to a point there was a twist and the one collapsed. A fact Lucifer noted as he stabbed the closest, using an empty hand to redirect a machete before the black key plunged deep.

Destroying the heart or the brain seemed to work on these constructs, the shotgun blast knocking one over away from Vincent as it fell over.

Had they been anyone else, perhaps the monsters would have terrified them. In a way, they were still pretty scary in and of themselves. Their skin was the color of rot and their eyes filmy and white. Arms were haphazardly sewn on, and the smell of peat filled the air. But what made them truly disturbing was the way they ignored pain, their alien gait so unnatural, even in the Moonlit World circles. These were creatures born of many cultures, known by similar names. Even the Mundanes knew of them, though in a Hollywood sense with the roots long since obscured by history and glamour.

Here, they were a poor mans version of the Golems of the Jews. Formed by necromatic magic and corpses aplenty.

And while there were quite a few, it seems they were little more than a scouting party as they collapsed to earth before the group.

Lucifer lowered his weapons warily, his fighters crouch in place as he flicked bile off his blades.

Afterwards, he turned to the masked lady and extended a hand for a shake.

"Thank you for your timely assistance. Now comes the hard part."

To enter the Underworld of Prague. A straightforward journey into darkness and death...

A.) Enter now?

B.) Examine the Bodies.

@Kaykay @york @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits
2IJ6D4H.jpg

"Zombies?"

"Yeah, zombies. Again." Peter confirmed calmly as he drew his pistol and opened fire upon the creatures with Roger doing the same. They'd been dealing with these kind of creatures for too damn long! People were refusing to kill their relatives who had died and turned into flesh-eaters and thus needed to be killed again. Which lead to SWAT officers dying and rising as the living dead themselves!

Roger and Peter had seen far too much death, too many lives torn apart because one side refused to let go. While the other was relentless in mowing down the opposition. There was no good side and for as good as holding up in a mall had been? They may as well have been prisoners in the most luxurious prison in America. Couldn't leave lest you risk getting eaten alive or shot by overzealous zombie-hunters.

But now that they were out of there and on their own again? They were going to do what they could to help. As a creature strayed too close to Roger, Peter smashed it in the face with his elbow to knock it to the ground before blasting it in the face.

"What was that about covering my ass?"

Roger simply gave a smile as he reloaded his pistol. For creatures like these, small arms fire was all that was required. The bigger guns had to be saved for whatever lay ahead. Which they'd soon find out just what that was as the last of the creatures toppled over and a newcomer entered the scene. As Roger holstered his pistol, Peter glanced over at the costumed woman.

5vbIUQf.jpg

"No offense meant given you helped us take down these things. But, what? You some kinda superhero or something?" Peter asked as he looked her over. Girl looked like she walked straight out of one those damn comics or something.

@Kaykay @Ringmaster @york @The Tactician
"Superhero or not, her help is fine with us," Vincent commented as he walked over to the bodies of the creatures they had just gun down. They would need to move fast, search the bodies and then move on, or else the cops would be on them in a minute. The fishman could only imagine the explanations they would need to escape prosecution for killing the damn things and carrying weapons. Sorry, officer, we're just a bunch of tourists who decided to have a little shootout with these animals that look like humans. Yes, sir, we do happen to be Americans! What of it?

"Besides, you've already got a fishman on your team. Not like it can get any weirder than me."

@Kaykay @Ringmaster @york @Chewy Rabbits

She simply chuckled as the man seemed to critique her choice in outfit. For those unfamiliar with capes, for whatever reason, she probably did look pretty silly.

wziaO7V.png

"Whatever tickles your fancy. But like fishboy said, it's funny I'm the one that caught your attention. Looking a little too close cause I'm a lady?" she teased, still occasionally throwing a glance over the bodies. Conveniently for her, she didn't really need to get down and dirty to pull whatever information they could give her.

Uniform: Catholic Priest, outfitted for battle. Crease indicates hidden pockets, longcoat hides the signs. Probable faction: Burial Agency.

Physical cues: Red eyes, Romanian male. True Identity? Father Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu. Dampyr agent of the Church. Sighted in London, Paris and as of now, Prague.

Unaware of her ability or the fact she had information on him, he inclined his head in turn in friendly greeting.
"Agreed. But first, I'll have to deal with the bodies." In this case, it meant dumping them in the river. At which point, it'd be impossible to tell which way they came from as the current took them. Which meant no mundane folk would be lurking around, in possible danger. Though with a wince as he dumped them, he'd look to Vincent and make an apologetic shrug.

Dumping bodies in the water where Vincent had emerged, was not a thing he was entirely comfortable with.

Disproportionate body parts. Woman's arm, on a mans body. Red nail polish, lavender flower tattoo- This belonged to one of the victims gone missing.

More jagged, less neat pin-pricks. Not the White then, nor the Black. Which leaves the Red Court. Humanoid, beautiful people on the outside, monstrous creatures within. Saliva is a hazardous, addictive substance they use to enslave victims.

"I can go in front. I can see better than most, its...A talent. Your weapon can likewise be a good way to keep back enemies, with our gunners in the back. If that's all we need to do, then we can go in now."

---------

The first part of the tunnel was sewer lines. Obvious enough, but after a while Lucifer would pause and brush his hands over etched signs in the rock, that Vincent would recognize as Troll Cant- Faerie method of leading people to sanctuary.

Even so, it was a surprise when their lights were no longer needed and the ground changed from concrete to cobblestone before emerging into the torchlit area. Shadows were vast, steam rose from the sulfuric waters and a distinct clinking noise echoed everywhere, echoed by many voices in turn. Lucifer seemed satisfied as he spoke aloud.

"Welcome...To the Undertown of Prague. The local troll market, though in truth it is much, much more than that. This is the city of the Wyldfae, its foundations laid long ago during the Renaissance. Abandoned in time, for reasons they will not share, others soon flocked to fill in the spaces. Almost every creature you can imagine, from all the tales reside here. It will also, be where our target will have been, if only for a while. The Undertown is the first stop, before descending into the Underworlds dangers. Of which, are many and myriad. Not only the bandits and twisted creatures, but rumored to contain portals to the Nevernever, forever opening when the walls between worlds are thin. But people risk it nonetheless, for the treasures many claim are there."

And then at that moment, a massive hand reached out from under the bridge to the Undertown, its owner pulling himself up to place himself in their path.

The smell was horrendous with every exhale of its breath. And the fist was as big as an ordinary man as he sneered from behind tombstone-sized teeth.

"I am Urgoth. You will give me one of your own for my dinner to pass, or you will all fill my pot."

"....That's new."

Evelyn Fisher

@The Tactician @Kaykay @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits

Looks like they found at least one of the missing victims, an apparent attack from a Red Court vampire, which meant she'd have to keep her distance. Perhaps she should have brought at least a bow with her.

Nevertheless, once the body was disposed of, Evelyn nodded a little at Lucifer's suggesion; she would definitely do better staying up front, where the action is. However, she did probably need a better weapon pretty soon; the Undertown of Prague seemed like a good spot to start at.

She listened closely to Lucifer's rundown of the area, looking around as she took in her surroundings, up until the point that a giant creature hauled itself onto the bridge they had been crossing. Apparently, named Urgoth, this thing clearly wasn't here to simply say "hello", and it appeared that even Lucifer hadn't encountered this creature before. Glancing up at "Urgoth", Evelyn only smirked, preparing herself for what would probably become a battle.

"How about "no"?" She asked, eyeing the creature up and down.

Though she was trying not to make it immediately obvious, Evelyn was searching for any weak points on the creature. Unlike the "traditional" bridge troll, this thing wasn't here for riddles... Instead, it was looking to make a meal out of them, one way or another. Looks like she'd get her fair share of thrills from this little encounter, presuming she made it out, alive.

But hey, what's a venture without some risks?

Though she was trying not to make it immediately obvious, Evelyn was searching for any weak points on the creature. Unlike the "traditional" bridge troll, this thing wasn't here for riddles... Instead, it was looking to make a meal out of them, one way or another. Looks like she'd get her fair share of thrills from this little encounter, presuming she made it out, alive.

If she was looking for a weak point, that would prove to be somewhat of a problem. Its skin looked as thick as the rocks it lived among, though for some reason it seemed to be favoring its right leg. A closer, perceptive look revealed why. Strange as it seemed, there appeared to be some kind of wound. Relatively fresh, by at least a few days and with the marks of a bladed weapon. If it ended up in a fight, that would surely come in handy.
Glancing up at "Urgoth", Evelyn only smirked, preparing herself for what would probably become a battle.

"Then I eat everyone and have plenty of leftovers."

Urgoth grinned wide, not attacking but content to wait. Lucifer's eyes flicked down as he realized why. In a low tone, he muttered to the party.

"We're not on the bridge. Thus, we're not rightful prey just yet. Trolls can be savage, but they are part of Faerie. As such, they cannot lie and iron is a particular weakness of theirs. Thankfully, they're not too smart either...With exceptions. It may be possible to deal with him, in some way other then fighting."

@york @Kaykay @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits

---------

"....That's new."

"Don't be. Outside of trying to stay hidden during jobs like this and recreational swimming, I don't much care about the water. Locals might be pissed about diseases though."

Vincent responded with an unenthusiastic shrug of his own. Not like he lived in the water all the time like normal fish, so why would he grow upset?

Evelyn Fisher

@The Tactician @Kaykay @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits

Looks like they found at least one of the missing victims, an apparent attack from a Red Court vampire, which meant she'd have to keep her distance. Perhaps she should have brought at least a bow with her.

Nevertheless, once the body was disposed of, Evelyn nodded a little at Lucifer's suggesion; she would definitely do better staying up front, where the action is. However, she did probably need a better weapon pretty soon; the Undertown of Prague seemed like a good spot to start at.

She listened closely to Lucifer's rundown of the area, looking around as she took in her surroundings, up until the point that a giant creature hauled itself onto the bridge they had been crossing. Apparently, named Urgoth, this thing clearly wasn't here to simply say "hello", and it appeared that even Lucifer hadn't encountered this creature before. Glancing up at "Urgoth", Evelyn only smirked, preparing herself for what would probably become a battle.

If she was looking for a weak point, that would prove to be somewhat of a problem. Its skin looked as thick as the rocks it lived among, though for some reason it seemed to be favoring its right leg. A closer, perceptive look revealed why. Strange as it seemed, there appeared to be some kind of wound. Relatively fresh, by at least a few days and with the marks of a bladed weapon. If it ended up in a fight, that would surely come in handy.

Urgoth grinned wide, not attacking but content to wait. Lucifer's eyes flicked down as he realized why. In a low tone, he muttered to the party.

"We're not on the bridge. Thus, we're not rightful prey just yet. Trolls can be savage, but they are part of Faerie. As such, they cannot lie and iron is a particular weakness of theirs. Thankfully, they're not too smart either...With exceptions. It may be possible to deal with him, in some way other then fighting."

"Hmm... You see any way around him though? Don't really see how we'll cross without fighting him..."

"....That's new."
"Hmm, is that so?" Tattletale asked absentmindedly, beginning to use her power on the rather gigantic troll. It helped that Lucifer was giving her even more information to work with. The more information she had, the more her power could feed her. It kind of grew exponentially in that way.

They were honest, not particularly smart, and possibly simply hungry. Hopefully it wasn't some sort of ritual to be eating humans, but her power would tell her soon enough. Probably.

"Don't be. Outside of trying to stay hidden during jobs like this and recreational swimming, I don't much care about the water. Locals might be pissed about diseases though."

Vincent responded with an unenthusiastic shrug of his own. Not like he lived in the water all the time like normal fish, so why would he grow upset?

"Hmm... You see any way around him though? Don't really see how we'll cross without fighting him..."
"Everyone has their buttons, you just gotta find'em and press'em." She whispered back to the others. She just had to see if she could find this troll's.

"Hmm, is that so?" Tattletale asked absentmindedly, beginning to use her power on the rather gigantic troll. It helped that Lucifer was giving her even more information to work with. The more information she had, the more her power could feed her. It kind of grew exponentially in that way.

They were honest, not particularly smart, and possibly simply hungry. Hopefully it wasn't some sort of ritual to be eating humans, but her power would tell her soon enough. Probably.
"Everyone has their buttons, you just gotta find'em and press'em." She whispered back to the others. She just had to see if she could find this troll's.
Name: Urgoth
Race: Wyldfae
Type: Bridge Troll.
Relevant information?: Like all Faerie, Trolls are incapable of telling lies though this does not extend to those of omission or of twisting the truth. In that regard however, a Bridge Troll is a simple figure. There are tales of Gruff's(Summer Courts enforcers) dealing with them, but Trolls as a whole are difficult to face without iron. Though any iron would do, cold iron works best to harm them. It is possible to trade a favor or trick them into allowing passage, though should the troll realize it had been tricked, it will become hostile afterwards. Setting foot on a troll bridge renders you lawful prey to a troll, as well as being a naughty child, under the Accords.

Urgoth is wounded. A slash made from a sword. Someone attacked him, but who?

Perhaps a promise of revenge or to obtain food may entice him? A display of overwhelming strength is likewise a method to get through.

"We do have cold iron shotgun shells, but I'd rather not use them here. He's so bulky, we're going to have a hard time getting close enough to shoot his weak points."

Lucifer remarked as he tried to look for ways to go around, but to no avail. Not unless they wanted to go across the sulfuric lake, scale the walls and run through the doors with a troll on their heels who'd be watching.

Would have been useful to have known a few spells at this point.

@Kaykay @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @york

Vincent responded with an unenthusiastic shrug of his own. Not like he lived in the water all the time like normal fish, so why would he grow upset?​

Name: Urgoth
Race: Wyldfae
Type: Bridge Troll.
Relevant information?: Like all Faerie, Trolls are incapable of telling lies though this does not extend to those of omission or of twisting the truth. In that regard however, a Bridge Troll is a simple figure. There are tales of Gruff's(Summer Courts enforcers) dealing with them, but Trolls as a whole are difficult to face without iron. Though any iron would do, cold iron works best to harm them. It is possible to trade a favor or trick them into allowing passage, though should the troll realize it had been tricked, it will become hostile afterwards. Setting foot on a troll bridge renders you lawful prey to a troll, as well as being a naughty child, under the Accords.

Urgoth is wounded. A slash made from a sword. Someone attacked him, but who?

Perhaps a promise of revenge or to obtain food may entice him? A display of overwhelming strength is likewise a method to get through.

"We do have cold iron shotgun shells, but I'd rather not use them here. He's so bulky, we're going to have a hard time getting close enough to shoot his weak points."

Lucifer remarked as he tried to look for ways to go around, but to no avail. Not unless they wanted to go across the sulfuric lake, scale the walls and run through the doors with a troll on their heels who'd be watching.

Would have been useful to have known a few spells at this point.

Evelyn Fisher
@Kaykay @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster

"Huh, that's fine and dandy now, ain't it?" Evelyn said, crossing her arms.

Blowing a bit of hair away from her face, she eyed the troll up and down, noticing the rather fresh injuries on it's flesh. Hmm, perhaps they weren't the first ones to engage such a creature in a fight? Perhaps she could strike a deal witht his beast, somehow.

"Say. That's a nasty cut on your leg. Know who did it?" She asked.

Evidently, she wasn't crossing that bridge, not yet anyways, she wasn't a big fan of ending up in some bridge troll's stew, but she did realize they'd have to get through Urgoth somehow.

Evelyn Fisher
@Kaykay @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster

"Huh, that's fine and dandy now, ain't it?" Evelyn said, crossing her arms.

Blowing a bit of hair away from her face, she eyed the troll up and down, noticing the rather fresh injuries on it's flesh. Hmm, perhaps they weren't the first ones to engage such a creature in a fight? Perhaps she could strike a deal witht his beast, somehow.

"Say. That's a nasty cut on your leg. Know who did it?" She asked.

Evidently, she wasn't crossing that bridge, not yet anyways, she wasn't a big fan of ending up in some bridge troll's stew, but she did realize they'd have to get through Urgoth somehow.
There was a sound like pebbles in a crusher and they realized it was Urgoth gritting his teeth in anger.

"Some bastard with a claw forged of cold iron. He passes through here a lot and before, tended to leave tasty morsels for my meal! But lately he's been stopping and I tried to fight him. He slashed my leg and then ran on. That was...."

He furrowed his brow.

"...About a fortnight ago. He didn't even offer to share his catch!"

"That ties in with the latest victim of the kidnappings."

Lucifer observed, his expression suddenly as impassive as a statue.

@york @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay

WVyrmVH.jpg

The comment took both Peter and Roger by surprise. She certainly wasn't bad-looking that's for sure. But both former SWAT officers had much more important things on their mind than grabbing a piece of tail and they were sure Tattle did as well. Though Roger couldn't help but take a jab at his partner's expense as he gently nudged Peter in the side. "She's got your number huh, Peter? Girls in spandex 'tickle your fancy?'"

Shoving the snickering Roger back, Peter rolled his eyes as the two of them kept moving forward. He had to admit that she'd gotten him good with that comment. But it wasn't often he saw people dressed up like that. Sure, you saw zombie nuns, zombie swimmers, zombie bikers but not attractive blondes in costumes. "Yeah, yeah so what if she does? You know, you're gonna be tickled too."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, when I shove my boot up your scrawny ass."

"Hahah! Maybe later, Peter!"

ES6stLd.jpg

Roger watched as the bodies were dumped right in the water. Something about it just unsettled him. He'd killed plenty of zombies, shot em right in the head, bashed them with the butt of his rifle. He even stabbed one through the ear with a screwdriver. Yet seeing them and the water brought unpleasant thoughts to Roger's mind. Noticing that his partner seemed to have frozen up, Peter placed a hand on Roger's shoulder.

"Hey? You okay Rog? You kinda froze up there, man."

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine, Peter. Just think about it though. Imagine if we didn't have that mall. What if we had to land near a body of water? Those things don't need to breath. They could have had a whole army of them marching along the waterbed and we'd never know until they were on us.."

He muttered as Peter shook his head from side to side and lit a cigar as he placed it in. He knew his partner's concerns were valid. More so after seeing friends in their squad lose their lives to the goddamn shamblers.

MFaf9Kj.jpg

"The dead walk, Roger. Dunno why or what's driving them beyond wanting to eat people like you and me. Back where we were? It was quickly becoming a fact of life that you had to work your way past the bastards. So maybe there are a few of them walking along the floor. But the second they poke their heads out? We blast them just like we did with the ones here, I promise." Peter assured Roger who nodded. Peter was always the go-to-guy for getting your shit together.

"....That's new."
q9ysUKI.png

"Well, that ain't something you see every goddamn day.." Peter whispered to Roger. No point in giving this thing any kind of reason to get mad at them. Their guns may have worked well on those stiffs but with this big boy? They'd probably get squished before they could even draw their weapons.

"Yeah, no shit.."

@Ringmaster @york @The Tactician @Kaykay

"Well, that ain't something you see every goddamn day.." Peter whispered to Roger. No point in giving this thing any kind of reason to get mad at them. Their guns may have worked well on those stiffs but with this big boy? They'd probably get squished before they could even draw their weapons.

"Yeah, no shit.."
"Have you ever read the stories? Of the Three Billy Goats Gruff?"

Lucifer addressed the two- Quietly out of earshot of Urgoth who seemed content to grin and stare at them as he added.

"A fight would be difficult and while we might win, we'll use up a lot of our cold iron shells. Trickery would be a better prospect, if any of you can think of something with the information we have."

@york @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Kaykay

WVyrmVH.jpg

The comment took both Peter and Roger by surprise. She certainly wasn't bad-looking that's for sure. But both former SWAT officers had much more important things on their mind than grabbing a piece of tail and they were sure Tattle did as well. Though Roger couldn't help but take a jab at his partner's expense as he gently nudged Peter in the side. "She's got your number huh, Peter? Girls in spandex 'tickle your fancy?'"

Shoving the snickering Roger back, Peter rolled his eyes as the two of them kept moving forward. He had to admit that she'd gotten him good with that comment. But it wasn't often he saw people dressed up like that. Sure, you saw zombie nuns, zombie swimmers, zombie bikers but not attractive blondes in costumes. "Yeah, yeah so what if she does? You know, you're gonna be tickled too."

"Oh yeah?"

ES6stLd.jpg

Roger watched as the bodies were dumped right in the water. Something about it just unsettled him. He'd killed plenty of zombies, shot em right in the head, bashed them with the butt of his rifle. He even stabbed one through the ear with a screwdriver. Yet seeing them and the water brought unpleasant thoughts to Roger's mind. Noticing that his partner seemed to have frozen up, Peter placed a hand on Roger's shoulder.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine, Peter. Just think about it though. Imagine if we didn't have that mall. What if we had to land near a body of water? Those things don't need to breath. They could have had a whole army of them marching along the waterbed and we'd never know until they were on us.."

He muttered as Peter shook his head from side to side and lit a cigar as he placed it in. He knew his partner's concerns were valid. More so after seeing friends in their squad lose their lives to the goddamn shamblers.

MFaf9Kj.jpg

"The dead walk, Roger. Dunno why or what's driving them beyond wanting to eat people like you and me. Back where we were? It was quickly becoming a fact of life that you had to work your way past the bastards. So maybe there are a few of them walking along the floor. But the second they poke their heads out? We blast them just like we did with the ones here, I promise." Peter assured Roger who nodded. Peter was always the go-to-guy for getting your shit together.

q9ysUKI.png

"Yeah, no shit.."

"Hmph, ain't the weirdest thing we'll probably see down here..."

Vincent murmured aloud as he overheard the two cops talking. He wasn't lying either, as what little he had seen of the Hidden World was never any less weird than the usual mundane shit like this. Troll fae that guarded a bridge? At least you won't dealing with more tricky fae.

Lucifer addressed the two- Quietly out of earshot of Urgoth who seemed content to grin and stare at them as he added.

"A fight would be difficult and while we might win, we'll use up a lot of our cold iron shells. Trickery would be a better prospect, if any of you can think of something with the information we have."

"You mean where the smaller two goats go first, saying to wait for the last one?"

It was an odd topic for the private eye to know about, if he wouldn't deny it. However, children's books that dealt with fae always might have some sort of grain of truth to them, and so he made sure to read them on occasion. He frowned at the idea the priest might be implying.

"Don't think any of us can push him off... Hey, you think those bodies are still by the river? Maybe he can eat them?"

Vincent murmured aloud as he overheard the two cops talking. He wasn't lying either, as what little he had seen of the Hidden World was never any less weird than the usual mundane shit like this. Troll fae that guarded a bridge? At least you won't dealing with more tricky fae.

"You mean where the smaller two goats go first, saying to wait for the last one?"

It was an odd topic for the private eye to know about, if he wouldn't deny it. However, children's books that dealt with fae always might have some sort of grain of truth to them, and so he made sure to read them on occasion. He frowned at the idea the priest might be implying.

"Don't think any of us can push him off... Hey, you think those bodies are still by the river? Maybe he can eat them?"

Lucifer looked visibly uncomfortable before he nodded reluctantly.

"Yes, its possible. If so, he'd enjoy it. I'm uncomfortable with it personally, but it would give us passage without a problem. All we need is one."

@The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @york @Kaykay

"Yes, its possible. If so, he'd enjoy it. I'm uncomfortable with it personally, but it would give us passage without a problem. All we need is one."

"It's worth a try, there aren't any other ideas, and I can swim down and see myself if there's a body still down there. Besides, imagine if the cops found the one we do?"

Vincent shrugged and turned around, planning to walk back and see if the cops were snooping below going body hunting.​

"It's worth a try, there aren't any other ideas, and I can swim down and see myself if there's a body still down there. Besides, imagine if the cops found the one we do?"

Vincent shrugged and turned around, planning to walk back and see if the cops were snooping below going body hunting.​
Luckily in that respect, there wasn't. Night was falling and the bodies would be drifting, but one brought back would have been enough.

It certainly made Urgoth's eyes bulge out with anticipation.

"Is that what I think it is?"

There was a sound like pebbles in a crusher and they realized it was Urgoth gritting his teeth in anger.

"Some bastard with a claw forged of cold iron. He passes through here a lot and before, tended to leave tasty morsels for my meal! But lately he's been stopping and I tried to fight him. He slashed my leg and then ran on. That was...."

He furrowed his brow.

"...About a fortnight ago. He didn't even offer to share his catch!"

"That ties in with the latest victim of the kidnappings."

Lucifer observed, his expression suddenly as impassive as a statue.

@york @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay
WVyrmVH.jpg

"Oh yeah?"

ES6stLd.jpg

MFaf9Kj.jpg

q9ysUKI.png

"Yeah, no shit.."

Luckily in that respect, there wasn't. Night was falling and the bodies would be drifting, but one brought back would have been enough.

Evelyn Fisher

@The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster @Kaykay

In the meantime, while this discussing was going on, Evelyn seemed more concerned about speaking to the troll guarding the bridge.

"Hmph... Well, I guess that man with the claw was cheating you." She said, upon remembering the bodies drifting downstream somewhere under that bridge.

Eugh, she didn't want to think about what might happen once that troll got down there, but he might be really peeved if those bodies didn't taste quite right for him.

"Tell y' what? You go do your thing down there, we'll go find ourselves a claw dude." She said, shrugging a little.

What was life without a little risk, right?

Vincent nodded as he set the body of the monster down, having lugged it back on his own from the river.

"I'll make you a deal. You let all of us pass your bridge unmolested until we finish our business down here and leave for good, and you get this body. Should still be edible given what you Fae can handle."

"Hmph... Well, I guess that man with the claw was cheating you." She said, upon remembering the bodies drifting downstream somewhere under that bridge.

Eugh, she didn't want to think about what might happen once that troll got down there, but he might be really peeved if those bodies didn't taste quite right for him.

"Tell y' what? You go do your thing down there, we'll go find ourselves a claw dude." She said, shrugging a little.

What was life without a little risk, right?
Vincent nodded as he set the body of the monster down, having lugged it back on his own from the river.

"I'll make you a deal. You let all of us pass your bridge unmolested until we finish our business down here and leave for good, and you get this body. Should still be edible given what you Fae can handle."
Urgoth chuckled and reached out for the body.

"Done. To both."

⊕ Urgoth will remember this.

He then slung himself off the bridge and descended into the lake with his prize. Lucifer grimaced, but said nothing against it.

⊕ Lucifer will remember this.

Taking first step on the bridge, just in case he waited for a beat and relaxed as it was clear Urgoth had kept his bargain.

The way ahead was clear and as they stepped through the gates and into the darkness, they soon left the sulfuric lake behind...Emerging into a world of hallowed light.

780975f92eb5fdfadf127dbf316b0ee6.jpg

The sight was breath taking and rare enough that it warranted a second glance, upon the Undertown of Prague. Lights of unknown means gleamed bright, but cold. The earth wasn't shaped so much as grown, more organic and pleasing to the eye as though it was the hands of a gardener rather than a stone mason that had forged these places. The sandy floor glittered in the light and all around, the strange and fantastical of a world long since gone showed itself openly. From the little faeries that doubled as messengers, to the scions- Half breeds like Lucifer and Vincent, some more monstrous than others as well as all other sorts. What was rare however, were humans.

What was disturbingly similar to the intrepid party, was the presence of what felt like martial law. People generally kept to groups, often stopping their conversation if they felt there was anyone listening in. The merchants, such as were still open kept what were obviously guards by their stalls...Big, nasty, armored figures or those armed with automatic fire weapons. A strange mix of the old and new...And then there were the occupying force.

49fbe84e088b8294f81fda683b5f2e15.jpg

In groups of six, they patrolled the pathways and people made sure to get out of their way. Something wrong was occurring down here...And it seemed the party had just came in time, to the fringes of it. With a grimace, Lucifer muttered quietly.

"This is new...And I don't recognize these troops either."

Out of nowhere, behind Lisa a delicate hand placed itself on her shoulder, tracing her body as the figure slid out before them all, offering a bright smile-A strange thing considering the current climate and a peace sign, as she curtsied.

91cd0bb63ccaffccdcd2aea6fea56228.jpg

By her feet, a voice spoke.

"My Mistress Miranda, of the Clan of the Moon bids you welcome."

Lucifer started and frowned, looking down at the figure below. An ugly looking goblin, who was giving just as suspicious a look towards the party as Lucifer was giving Miranda suddenly.

Miranda beamed and gave a little wave with her fan.

A little examination revealed the lack of breath as well as the fangs in her mouth, if Lucifer's reaction and unease to her was any indication beyond that. This one was a vampire...Though a name, known to certain circles would tell them all they needed to know as to why Lucifer was on edge. The Clan of the Moon. Cassandras. Madmen.

Malkavian.

"Done. To both."

He then slung himself off the bridge and descended into the lake with his prize. Lucifer grimaced, but said nothing against it.

Taking first step on the bridge, just in case he waited for a beat and relaxed as it was clear Urgoth had kept his bargain.

The way ahead was clear and as they stepped through the gates and into the darkness, they soon left the sulfuric lake behind...Emerging into a world of hallowed light.

The sight was breath taking and rare enough that it warranted a second glance, upon the Undertown of Prague. Lights of unknown means gleamed bright, but cold. The earth wasn't shaped so much as grown, more organic and pleasing to the eye as though it was the hands of a gardener rather than a stone mason that had forged these places. The sandy floor glittered in the light and all around, the strange and fantastical of a world long since gone showed itself openly. From the little faeries that doubled as messengers, to the scions- Half breeds like Lucifer and Vincent, some more monstrous than others as well as all other sorts. What was rare however, were humans.

What was disturbingly similar to the intrepid party, was the presence of what felt like martial law. People generally kept to groups, often stopping their conversation if they felt there was anyone listening in. The merchants, such as were still open kept what were obviously guards by their stalls...Big, nasty, armored figures or those armed with automatic fire weapons. A strange mix of the old and new...And then there were the occupying force.

In groups of six, they patrolled the pathways and people made sure to get out of their way. Something wrong was occurring down here...And it seemed the party had just came in time, to the fringes of it. With a grimace, Lucifer muttered quietly.

Out of nowhere, behind Lisa a delicate hand placed itself on her shoulder, tracing her body as the figure slid out before them all, offering a bright smile-A strange thing considering the current climate and a peace sign, as she curtsied.

Lucifer started and frowned, looking down at the figure below. An ugly looking goblin, who was giving just as suspicious a look towards the party as Lucifer was giving Miranda suddenly.

A little examination revealed the lack of breath as well as the fangs in her mouth, if Lucifer's reaction and unease to her was any indication beyond that. This one was a vampire...Though a name, known to certain circles would tell them all they needed to know as to why Lucifer was on edge. The Clan of the Moon. Cassandras. Madmen.

Malkavian.

For a moment, Vincent simply stood in awe of the underground sanctuary for the mythical creatures of Prague. He had never really had a chance to visit such a place and explore it, his focus having always been to appear as a normal student before now who just happened to be an incredible swimmer. Now though, on a mission to capture or kill a mad wizard and his pet golem, the half-fishman wondered why he had never ventured too far into the magical communities of his hometowns. He had missed a lot, too much in fact.

"Stars above... So this is what I've been missing all my life..."

For a few moments, he simply stood in awe of the sights around them, regardless of the equivalent of marshal law being enforced here. The detective's eyes almost seemed to dart from side to side, trying to take it all in as his amazement only grew.

"Huh...?"

He came back to reality when the geisha-like woman stepped out before them. Damn, she was a looker for sure... Unlike the little goblin by her feet, the one introducing her and welcoming them. Clan of the Moon, where had he heard that? Some sort of vampire? That would explain the fangs better than her being a werewolf, at least...

Without any real knowledge of how to respond to such an introduction, the detective bowed slightly in respect of the vampire, hoping to cover up for Lucifer's unease, and tried his best to think of a proper way of referring to himself in this moment.

"Vincent of Innsmouth. Thank you for your welcome, Lady Miranda, and thank you, goblin, for speaking on her behalf."

With that done with, he raised back up and nodded at the woman, indicating he still had something to say.

"If you do not mind me asking though, Lady Miranda... Why is Undertown being patrolled so heavily?"

Last edited by a moderator:

"Done. To both."

Malkavian.

Lisa, or Tattletale, hid her surprise at the sudden touch through a cunning-looking smirk, casually resting a hand on her hip as she watched the woman curtsy. As usual, she began gathering information about the target.

"Heya, what brings you here?" she asked, seeming to disregard Lucifer's unease as she spoke like she was talking to a friend.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician @Chewy Rabbits @york

Status
Not open for further replies.