Useless Power? IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tequila nodded, doing her best to remember their names. She may have been able to remember her books, but spoken words were a different story. "A pleasure," she murmured, directing her gaze to Anton and his knife as Lucas explained to her what they were talking about.

As the team was exchanging pleasantries they had seemed to forget about their B rank target. Diana along with Dominator were in the control room checking security camera's and monitoring all channels in search for their target. Dominator Slumped over his monitor his stamina finally gave out. "Dominator!!!!, are you ok." Diana ran to his side. "please Dominator take a break! you've been at it ever since you lost your powers."

Diana pleaded with Dominator. He picked himself up and shook his head. "no, i have to continue. i have to at least keep an eye out for potential Danger." Just as Diana was about to break into tears an alarm went off. "It's...It's him the B rank water user." Dominator looked up and smiled "call the team we found him."

As the team was talking an alarm went off. A monitor with Diana's face appeared in the middle of the table. "Attention the B rank Villain has been spotted on the outskirts of town." Diana looked off screen then popped back in frame. "hurry We need you to find him and restrain him. he may be connected to The Villain responsible for taking away the heroes powers." Diana wiped a tear from her eye. "Please hurry, i'm sending coordinates." The monitor turned black leaving the team to talk strategie.

@Demmy, @Dakota K5, @jeshem,

"Water user? Anybody bring a sponge or a swimming trunk?" asked Lucas. "In all seriousness though, what do we know about this guy? Stuff like power range and limits. Can he manipulate ice?"

The easiest way to beat someone who could manipulate something was to isolate them away from the thing they could manipulate. If the B rank couldn't use ice, it would probably be best to fight him somewhere cold, like a meat locker or a frozen storage warehouse or anywhere water would be frozen. It would be also useful if they could locate a freezing weapon, if such a weapon existed.

Anton was tired he really was and now with word that the B rank was at it again made him...displeased, he stood slowly and he started to tap the knife against his pants showing his agitation and impatience. "If we find this B rank, they are gonna get hurt. I am tired, and dealing with this fool is wearing on my already thin patience so let's get this over with."

Hisashi spoke up. "True we should attend to him quickly however, I still think we need a sure fire way to capture this guy."

Hisashi looked around the room, "we have light manipulation, fear inducing brain manipulation, super strength and perfect memory. What kind of stratage can we come up with?"

Hisashi shook his head "either way we gotta get there. Follow me to the garage." Hisashi stood up and began walking tword the garage where the Elite vehicles were kept.

Lucas flapped his arms, "so we're walking into this blind? Okay."

He followed Hisashi to the garage, "We can assume that this B rank knows what he's doing. Seeing how this guy has water manipulation, any ideas how to isolate him from water?"

Quietly, Tequila stood and followed after the group. The B rank villain was a water element. On top of this, they had no idea what his limits were. Was he able to conjure water, manipulate blood because of its water content or freeze/unfreeze the liquid? Another variable they had failed to cover was where exactly the villain was hiding. The outskirts of town literally surrounded the town. That was why it was called the outskirts, right? Tequila could only hope that they would give a little more information on the matter.

As they walked Anton threw ideas around in his head. "So we got a B rank and we got little to no intel on them, I fell like this is a trap but i'm also paranoid. We are able to guess that the B rank will be near water so we are going to need to push them away from it, anyone got a idea as to how we should go about doing that?" He asked as that would be key to getting the upper hand on the B rank, a flamethrower would be useful in this situation...maybe...probably.

Hisashi continued to walk listening to everyone's concerns. "The location of the B rank is most likely already uploaded into the gps." As Hisashi finished his sentence they had reached their destination, Hisashi pushed a button and a door parted open.

The door parted revealing a garage stocked with different types of vehicles. There was Dominator's famous bright red convertable, Echoes' lime green motorcycle, the Elite mobile Hq, and of course the Elite riot van.

"If I may, I would suggest the riot van. The riot van comes with high density armor as well as a high powered motor under that impenetrable hood. Nothing is getting inside." Hisashi walked up to a box which held all the keys inside. He chose the riot van keys and smiled. "Think of it like a tank with a race car engine."

A monitor near the door turned on, Diana was now in view however her background had changed. She was now in the sick bay, with an unconcious Dominator behind her. "Quickly team, get going The B rank is on the move he's heading up the shore line tword the museum." The t.v. quickly blacked out.

Hisashi smiled and headed tword the riot van. "I'll drive, we can come up with a plan on the way. There is a computer with a great database in the riot van we can look up his stats."

"Okay, but there's something I want to pick up first," said Lucas as he made his way to the motorcycle. "I'll meet you there when I'm done. Keep me updated if you find anything useful, I might be able to bring something helpful."

In the outskirts of town near the abandoned Oil refinery a tall masculine shadow appeared out of the shadows talking to someone on the phone. As he's walking he puts his hand in his pockets pulling out handfuls of diamonds. He picks up one and flicks it at the old rusted machinery as if it was a pebble.

"I did what you told me. Are you sure this is all I have to do to become a full fledged member?" The other side of the line was silent until a key was pressed. "Great thank you for this opportunity Master Larynx I'll be sure to show the boss that I can be a great addition to his team."

Several keys were pressed. "Master Larynx? Is something wrong?" One button was pressed to indicate yes. "What is it? Are they coming?" Another button was pushed signaling yes. "Alright I'll get ready. And don't worry I didn't forget. You want that one captured." A single button was pressed then the call ended.

A load roar echoed through out the oil refinery, as the old rusted machinery powered on. The B rank villain who would later be known as High tide manipulated the water from the shoreline and forced it through the entire refinery. "I will be untouchable here, come to me you useless heroes. Let me prove my self to the Boss. Let the waves engulf you!!!."

@Demmy @jeshem @Dakota K5

Tequila remained silent as she walked over to the riot van, studying it. After a moment, she spoke, "Seems okay. But a lot of the gear in here must have been powered by someone else. Who now no longer has such powers," she mumbled, shaking her head and looking around for an alternative power source. From her books she knew how to create a power cell, but whether or not they had what she needed was an entirely different problem.

Anton was in the riot van real damn fast, he knew that time was not something they had at the moment. He was thinking on how to deal with the B rank but for some reason something in his gut was telling him they were walking into a trap as a matter of fact this whole situation felt odd, the B rank stole diamonds but why run in the sewers? A B rank would not need to worry about the street thugs taking his diamonds, if he noticed then the former heroes would of as well right? He was going to be keeping his blade ready, he felt like it was going to be used before this whole thing was over.

Hisashi, nodded and turned the key starting up the van. "Alright, you heard them everyone we gotta get going." Hisashi turned the key revving the motor, a huge smile appeared on his face. "Oh man, I've always wanted to drive this thing."

Hisashi watched as Tequila was just standing around thinking. He got upset, and slammed on the horn. "Enough stalling hurry up, and get on the bus. We got a city to save."

Lucas put down his ice cream to watch High tide from a distance through a pair of binoculars. He turned back to the car he had driven here and opened the back trunk to reveal four guns that resembled water guns.

He had visited another useless. That useless' power was to invent anything. The only problem was that he only invented useless gadgets. Lucas had been able to modify some of these gadgets to fit his need.

Originally, the guns in the back trunk was a gun that blasted a continues stream of paint. It was meant to help the useless with painting the side of his house but it was quickly put out of commission when the neighbors began complaining about stray drops of paint landed on their side of the fence. Now, Lucas had modified the gun to shoot a stream of liquid nitrogen, perfect for dealing with water wielding villains.

Now just to wait for the other three, thought Lucas as he resumed eating his ice cream.

Tequila rolled her eyes and jumped into the van, then continued to study the equipment. As she did so she asked. "So the plan... What is it? Anyone have an idea?"

Hisashi revved the engine and pressed the button to the Elite garage. "ok i got the coordinates from the Gps." He hit the gas and they flew out of the garage like a bat outta hell. Kei hit the ramp sending the van flying through the air onto the street. "woah." Kei turned to his passengers. "i always wanted to do that." As Kei drove the kinetic energy from the wheels spun a turbine that powered on the computer, an antenna popped up from the van connecting them to Elites Criminal database.

The computer powered on as All of the Brank villains info popped up.

Name - Arther Jeffries
Alias - High tide
Rank - B
Power - Water manipulation - The user is able to control any body of water. he can control the flow and and intensity however he can not control the temperature or create water.
Known associates - ?
Current location - Oil refinery

Kei turned his head. "so what does it say? is there a way to beat him? Anton you have been pretty quite. You're our leader shouldn't you start coming up with a game plan?"

@Demmy @Dakota K5 @jeshem

Anton pulled down one of the monitors that displayed the information on the B rank and pulled up the blueprints of the oil refinery for the city hall, oh how he loved technology. He sent the blueprints to the monitor near Tequila. "Tequila if you would be a dear and find where the valves dealing with the intake and output of the refinery. Here's what I think, this B rank is probably in or near the center of the refinery it's an open place that gives him the range on us I am also assuming that he has found a way to get a water source into the building and if that's the case it's probably the pipes. When we get there I want Tequila and Lucas when we meet up with him to head to the valves I am having Tequila find and closing them, Hisashi you and I will go confront our dear B rank friend you'll be the scalpel and i'll be the hammer. If his mental defense is to great for you to get past at first wait until he is fighting me, I don't think he will be able to focus on keeping you out and not getting hit by me and vise versa and Hisashi if you feel the strain from your powers stop and back off, I won't be able to protect you if you are unconscious. Now I could be wrong, if worse case scenario that this B rank is using some other method of getting water into the refinery then Hisashi Tequila you both get Lucas and get the hell out of the refinery while I hold the B rank off and before either of you protest understand that right now I've got the most combat experience here and while I know you two along with Lucas would be able to handle yourselves in a fight I would rather you three not get critically injured due to a encounter with a B rank." Anton took his knife and put it in it's sheath before handing it to Tequila.
"Your power is neither offensive or defensive, take the knife until this whole thing is over with." He said to the young woman.
"Listen I have a bad feeling in the pit of my gut about this whole situation so I need you two to be on your toes once we get in the refinery as their is not back up once we are there same goes for Lucas but he isn't here to hear me at the moment." Were his final words to the two in the riot van with him.​

"Ooooorr," said Lucas. "We could, you know, just use the liquid nitrogen guns I got for all of us and freeze his head. We're able to stay at a distance, cut off his water supply, and we won't even have to use our powers."

As the others disembarked the riot van, Lucas handed each one of them one of the nitrogen guns.

Hisashi Was listening to Anton's speech as he drove he heard the seriousness in his voice. "that's reckless Leader." Hisashi said as he took a tight turn. "I don't know about everyone else but i for one don't want to be known as the guy who ran." Hisashi saw the exit for the oil refinery and pressed the gas. "I finally got to become a Hero and I don't give a shit if i fall down dead." Hisashi hit a ramp sending the riot van flying through the air. "i'm gonna fight!!!!!!!"

The Riot Van screeched to a stop. The doors popped open revealing a dust cloud as it settled a familiar face was there to greet them. Lucas was listening over the radio, he was standing there with some kind of gun. He metioned they were liquid nitrogen guns. "that's increadable Lucas. If he doesn't have any water to use against us he'll be powerless." Hisashi got out of the driver seat and picked up a gun. "this seems like a great plan we'll split up. Lucas and Tequila will go shut down the water from entering the oil refinery and Anton and i will apprehend him."

Hisashi cocked his weapon and faced everyone. "ok let's!!! I always wanted to say this too. Let's lock and load." As Hisashi was facing his team a drop let of water hit his forehead. "what? is it raining? but it was sunny just a few seconds ago." That's when he saw it. The oil refinery was pumping smoke into the air that was drawing in rain clouds. "oh crap we had it all wrong. he didn't want the oil refinery to trap us. he wanted it to pump moisture into the air and create his own rain cloud."

As the team was watching the rain fall the B rank villain exited the refinery slowly clapping at Hisashi's realization. "wow you heroes really are smart. i mean did you think i was so stupid as to bring a knife to a gun fight?" As he spoke the water molecules in the air were collecting into several masses in the air. they took the shape of several hundered knives. "whoa, i guess I am." Hightide motioned forward as all the water knives flew tword the heroes. "quick everyone get into the riot van!!!!" Hishasi yelled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.