Useless Power? IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas looked up from his ice cream, "Hey, 'sup? Kinda hurt my feelings when you left me behind so I decided to come along anyway. By the way, do you know that guy?" Lucas turned to the mysterious figure but it had already disappeared. He sighed and took out his phone and showed Anton the picture he had taken earlier. "This guy. Friend of yours? He was watching you three while you dealt with the Cs."

Looking across the street, he saw that Hisashi didn't look so good and had curled up. Deciding not to delve into it now, Lucas turned back to Anton and awaited the man's response.
"He's shady from the looks of it, tell the former hero's about it maybe we will get an ID from one of them." I bet the guy works for some super shady organization who are watching us....that would be so...cliche though Anton thought after he spoke. He looked at what Lucas was looking at and saw Hisashi on the ground in what appeared to be pain. " *Sigh* This is the second person to be hurt around me in less than two days goddammit. We are having a meeting when we get back." Anton said, they all knew to little about each other and he considered knowing about any nasty side effects these kids had from using their powers so that they would be able to avoid it.

Hisashi recovered enough to stand that's when he felt it that piercing Gaze. He looked over and saw his new comrades looking at him. Hisashi panicked it was just like before when the heroes deemed him useless. Hisashi tired away and started walking down the alley out of sight.

He was finally feeling much better, the pills did the trick but they were to late his biggest weakness was already expossed.

After walking for a while Hisashi found hI'm self infront of the Elite building. "Damnit, how the hell did I end up back here. I guess I really do wanna be a hero. Damnit."

A drone flew down to the ice cream shop where Lucas and Anton were. It beeped a few times and projected a hologram of Diana. "Great job, the C ranks are in custody." Diana looked nervous. "Um I'm sorry to send you off again but we have a B rank robbing a jewelry store. Can you please handle it. I believe his power is manipulating water."

Hisashi recovered enough to stand that's when he felt it that piercing Gaze. He looked over and saw his new comrades looking at him. Hisashi panicked it was just like before when the heroes deemed him useless. Hisashi tired away and started walking down the alley out of sight.

He was finally feeling much better, the pills did the trick but they were to late his biggest weakness was already expossed.

After walking for a while Hisashi found hI'm self infront of the Elite building. "Damnit, how the hell did I end up back here. I guess I really do wanna be a hero. Damnit."

A drone flew down to the ice cream shop where Lucas and Anton were. It beeped a few times and projected a hologram of Diana. "Great job, the C ranks are in custody." Diana looked nervous. "Um I'm sorry to send you off again but we have a B rank robbing a jewelry store. Can you please handle it. I believe his power is manipulating water."
Anton saw Hisashi just up and leave as he was handed another assignment, he growled under his breath. "Fine." He said to the hologram before turning to Lucas. "My dear friend, what is your power? I saw Hisashi's and Alex's but not yours, we will need a plan to deal with a B rank though we may need to get more violent with this one." He spoke waiting for the teen's answer.

//just throwing in my intro. You're gonna have to go and get him though, sorry. I'm being lazy today...//
William was in a little coffee shop down on some avenue he had forgotten the name of, not that it mattered to him. He had a fairly normal-ish life, and coffee was something he very rarely had anymore, but he was just feeling sluggish today. He stepped outside into the dull atmosphere, the sky looking no different than the day before, almost as if it were going to rain but the bottom would never fall out. He eyes were void of emotion for the time being, their grey color and sharp edge causing most people to keep their distance from him,. Just being around him sent out irritable notions and isolated himself from others. But he wasn't really expecting anything or anyone to come looking for him, so he just walked on down the street, ignoring everyone who passed him by.

"Mine? Stereotypical super strength," sighed the teen. "That I can only use for one second and need to wait twenty-four hours before using it again."
Lucas looked up and gave a weak grin, "On the bright side, I can increase my strength astronomically, though that proves rather taxing. How about you? I haven't read anything up on you three."
The teen finished his rocky-road and crumpled the ice cream cup before throwing it into the waste basket. He got up and stretched, "Scratch that, I don't need to know. Don't worry about me in a fight, I can look after myself." He looked across the street. "Were'd Hisashi disappear to? Probably headed back to base first. Should we go join him?"

"Mine? Stereotypical super strength," sighed the teen. "That I can only use for one second and need to wait twenty-four hours before using it again."
Lucas looked up and gave a weak grin, "On the bright side, I can increase my strength astronomically, though that proves rather taxing. How about you? I haven't read anything up on you three."
The teen finished his rocky-road and crumpled the ice cream cup before throwing it into the waste basket. He got up and stretched, "Scratch that, I don't need to know. Don't worry about me in a fight, I can look after myself." He looked across the street. "Were'd Hisashi disappear to? Probably headed back to base first. Should we go join him?"
Anton debated in his head. "You go find Hisashi, make sure he's alright. I'll go recon the diamond thief and if he's too powerful I will stay back otherwise I will deal with them." Anton said to Lucas, while he said he would be able to handle himself Anton knew that with the way Hisashi looked he may be injured and he would rather someone find him and help his comrade rather then following him to the diamond store.

Anton debated in his head. "You go find Hisashi, make sure he's alright. I'll go recon the diamond thief and if he's too powerful I will stay back otherwise I will deal with them." Anton said to Lucas, while he said he would be able to handle himself Anton knew that with the way Hisashi looked he may be injured and he would rather someone find him and help his comrade rather then following him to the diamond store.

"You got it," said Lucas as he rose to his feet. He took several steps before spinning around. "And Anton, chill on the whole ripping and maiming thing. I don't think these guys even have dental."
With that, Lucas went on his way, following the path the sick Hisashi had taken.

"You got it," said Lucas as he rose to his feet. He took several steps before spinning around. "And Anton, chill on the whole ripping and maiming thing. I don't think these guys even have dental."
With that, Lucas went on his way, following the path the sick Hisashi had taken.
Anton grumbled as he went the other way to where the diamond store was, the crime was already over but he would be able to at least look for something to lead to the B rank. The store was well protected something that was a must in this day and age, steel door and reinforced shatter proof glass but he saw what looked like a small hole made in the glass. It was odd until he looked into the store and saw where what ever made the hole hit, a electronic lock from the looks of it but the front door was still shut so Anton went around the back. Sure enough their was a back door that had been opened and without force from the looks of it he assumed that this was the door the lock controlled, peaking his head inside showed all of the display cases smashed and with glass everywhere and water on the ground. As he looked he saw that the water was leading back out the door and to a sewer grate that was moved, this seemed to be the way to go so Anton lowered himself down. Thankfully these tunnels were lit for maintenance and their was not liquid running through as it had been an oddly dry year for this place so the water splotches were still visible, the trail was rather easy to follow but it was a large trail and since he was underground he didn't know where he was in the city. After about an hour of following the trail Anton saw some sunlight streaming in from in front of him, he came upon an opening leading to the riverfront where the trail either stopped or was washed away by the river lapping against banks he was now standing on he looked around but was unable to find any thing resembling a trail so he sat against the wall of the sewer system he had just left and lit a cigarette before he looked down to his left finding something shining in a patch of sunlight. A single small diamond stuck in the mud, Anton pulled it out and sighed it seemed he was only a few minuets behind his quarry. He put the diamond in his pocket then stood and started to make his way back to base, a two hour trip from his location. "Better get walking." He though to himself.

Hisashi was sitting infront of Elite his head buried in his lap. He couldn't let go of the images in his head, he could see his idol Hero shaking his head as he picked up his file and filed it under the useless section.

"Damnit, get out of my damn head." Hisashi pulled his phone and scrolled through the news as he saw the report of their first bust as a team. "Anton seems like the real deal, he took them out without a flashy power. Maybe I should have been getting stronger instead of just whining this whole time."

"Yeah, Anton's kind of a badass," came Lucas from behind Hisashi. "Also might have a couple screws loose, carrying around a giant knife in public and all. How are you feeling? You didn't look to good back there."

He looked up at the building the two teens stood outside of. "Of all places, why here? Usually when I don't feel good I either go home or go get a cup of ice cream."

Hisashi turned to see Lucas. He nodded when he spoke about how Anton was amazing but maybe crazy. "Either way he's not whining, about his limitations. He has found a different way to succeed." Hisashi nodded when he asked how he's feeling. "Yeah." He pulled out his pill case, the Elite insignia imprinted on the side. "Before I was classified as useless the heroes were trying to figure out a way to unlock my limiter. But turns out the pills just stop my headaches so I take them after I reach my limit."

Hisashi chuckled
"Yeah I wondered that myself." He stood up and faced Lucas. "Maybe because even now after they shunned me and left me behind." Hisashi took off his jacket revealing his nightmare super costume. " I still wanted to be a hero."

Tequila lay back against the wall of the HQ room, legs crossed in front of her. Her hair, once up in a tight bun, had come out and was sticking up in places. In her hands was a small book, one she had read hundreds of times before. Needless to say, it was her favourite. It was a book from beyond a time when humans had evolved to use such powers. It was a book that taught people how to do things by hand rather than use their powers. Smiling, she flipped the page, completely unaware of her surroundings.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas cocked an eyebrow, "I've never been good at being empathetic so sorry if I offend you, but...give up. You're never going to be a hero, I'm never going to be a hero, none of us are going to be a hero." Lucas took a seat beside Hisashi. "Suppose we do win, the villains are defeated, we help people get their powers back, maybe they have a parade in our honor. But what about the next day, the next week, next year? The best that would happen to us is being pushed to the sideline again. Help people? Yes. Expect them to be grateful and let people like us become heroes? No. You can help people but never as" Lucas waves at the building behind the two teens "these guys."

Lucas cocked an eyebrow, "I've never been good at being empathetic so sorry if I offend you, but...give up. You're never going to be a hero, I'm never going to be a hero, none of us are going to be a hero." Lucas took a seat beside Hisashi. "Suppose we do win, the villains are defeated, we help people get their powers back, maybe they have a parade in our honor. But what about the next day, the next week, next year? The best that would happen to us is being pushed to the sideline again. Help people? Yes. Expect them to be grateful and let people like us become heroes? No. You can help people but never as" Lucas waves at the building behind the two teens "these guys."
Anton had found his way back in a faster mode of transport after he helped an older man defend his store from a small street gang so his two hours turned into twenty minutes, the old man had dropped him off about a block away and after giving the man his thanks Anton made his way to the old elite building. As he was walking up he saw Lucas and Hisashi speaking to one another though he only heard the last part that Lucas said so he decided to add his two cents as he walked up to the unaware teens. "Who said anything about giving powers back? Though to not do so would be unethical and we aren't unethical now are we." Anton said with a wink, after all who said they had to do anything for the heroes when it came to their lost powers. "You only see one path while their are at least four others gentlemen you just have to find them." He said as he walked into the HQ when he saw a new face, a young woman reading a book with her legs crossed. Anton sat down in a chair that was across from her and leaned his head back and stared at the high ceiling with a unlit cigarette hanging in his mouth as he simply let his mind wander after the events of the day.

Hisashi was listening to Lucas as he told him to give up being an Elite Hero. "Damn. You need to learn to be a bit more subtle." Hisashi looked down at his old nightmare emblem, he chuckled and faced Lucas. "You're right but you're also wrong. I should give up on being an Elite brand Hero, I'll never be a flashy hero." Hisashi put his hand on the Elite insignia on his nightmare costume and tore it off. "But I will be a hero, one that fights in the shadows, because it's the right thing to do."

Just as Hisashi was in the middle of his speech Anton shows up. He tells them they have multiple options not just the one and disapears inside. Hisashi looks at Lucas and smiles. "Come on let's go see what he found out."

Hisashi motions to Lucas to follow him inside he walks it to see Anton sitting back in his chair across from a girl reading a book. "Oh sorry miss, we didn't mean to disturb you." Hisashi motioned to Anton get up. "Come on Anton we shouldn't concern other people in these Hero discussions."

Hisashi was listening to Lucas as he told him to give up being an Elite Hero. "Damn. You need to learn to be a bit more subtle." Hisashi looked down at his old nightmare emblem, he chuckled and faced Lucas. "You're right but you're also wrong. I should give up on being an Elite brand Hero, I'll never be a flashy hero." Hisashi put his hand on the Elite insignia on his nightmare costume and tore it off. "But I will be a hero, one that fights in the shadows, because it's the right thing to do."

Just as Hisashi was in the middle of his speech Anton shows up. He tells them they have multiple options not just the one and disapears inside. Hisashi looks at Lucas and smiles. "Come on let's go see what he found out."

Hisashi motions to Lucas to follow him inside he walks it to see Anton sitting back in his chair across from a girl reading a book. "Oh sorry miss, we didn't mean to disturb you." Hisashi motioned to Anton get up. "Come on Anton we shouldn't concern other people in these Hero discussions."
Anton didn't move, he lazily looked at Hisashi. "I bet you she's here because she was called by the elite." He them pulled the small diamond out of his pocket and flicked it to Hisashi or at least it looked that way but Anton used his power to make it seem like it was heading towards him but it was still in his fingers. "Diamond store was already worked over, followed a trail that lead into the sewer tunnels under the city all the way to the river front then the trail ended. I wasn't gonna attempt to find and apprehend someone who had water powers right near the river." He finished as he lit the cigarette that had been hanging in his mouth, taking a drag he puffed the smoke away from both Lucas and Hisashi before speaking directly to Hisashi. "Look i'm not gonna tip toe around it, I saw you using those pills after you used your power so I would like to know if your powers are harmful to you or what? It would be easier so that we will be able to plan so you use your powers but don't overuse them." Anton would rather not see someone on their side die or be out of action if they used their power to much so he felt his concern was validated.

Hisashi held up his hand to catch the diamond but didn't feel it hit his hand. He looked around his feet and noticed Anton had it in his hand still. "Do That's Your power? No wonder those bad guys couldn't touch you."

Hisashi nodded as Anton explained why he came back. "You made the right call, we are dealing with a B rank afterall."

Hisashi sighed and pulled out his pill box. He turned it to face Anton. No big secret I was almost part of Elite, they saw my weakness. Which was my one minute time limit, they tried to use these pills to release my limiter but all they do is ease the massI've headache I get from going over my time.

Hisashi nodded and faced the girl. "I'm sorry I didn't even think of that, I'm Hisashi."

Tequila yawned silently, flipping the page over to begin reading. As she did so, she noticed the boys in the room and frowned behind her book. Exactly when did they get there? Actually, how long had she been reading for anyways? She pulled down her book enough to see over the top and studied the boys as well as listen to their stories. Right, the other 'new' elites. They seemed to be talking about her and to her at the same time as talking about a lost villain. Lowering her book, she nodded to the boy who addressed her. "Tequila," she replied, placing a bookmark in the book and putting it aside. She then pulled her knees to her chest, resting her head on them.

"Lucas," Lucas introduced himself. "If you're a lost as to what we're talking about, there was a diamond heist by some B rank villain. Anton" he gestured to Anton "here, went to investigate but they were already gone."

Hisashi held up his hand to catch the diamond but didn't feel it hit his hand. He looked around his feet and noticed Anton had it in his hand still. "Do That's Your power? No wonder those bad guys couldn't touch you."

Hisashi nodded as Anton explained why he came back. "You made the right call, we are dealing with a B rank afterall."

Hisashi sighed and pulled out his pill box. He turned it to face Anton. No big secret I was almost part of Elite, they saw my weakness. Which was my one minute time limit, they tried to use these pills to release my limiter but all they do is ease the massI've headache I get from going over my time.

Hisashi nodded and faced the girl. "I'm sorry I didn't even think of that, I'm Hisashi."
"Man your useful as all hell, if they are to afraid by what they see from you then they are to afraid to fight. Just means we will need to hitt them harder and faster than before." Anton said.

Tequila yawned silently, flipping the page over to begin reading. As she did so, she noticed the boys in the room and frowned behind her book. Exactly when did they get there? Actually, how long had she been reading for anyways? She pulled down her book enough to see over the top and studied the boys as well as listen to their stories. Right, the other 'new' elites. They seemed to be talking about her and to her at the same time as talking about a lost villain. Lowering her book, she nodded to the boy who addressed her. "Tequila," she replied, placing a bookmark in the book and putting it aside. She then pulled her knees to her chest, resting her head on them.
"Lucas," Lucas introduced himself. "If you're a lost as to what we're talking about, there was a diamond heist by some B rank villain. Anton" he gestured to Anton "here, went to investigate but they were already gone."
"Hmm that is an interesting name, Tequila." Anton mentioned while Lucas talked to the girl about what happened. He pulled out his knife and a small sharpening stone and began to sharpen the blade, Anton had a habit of keeping the knife razor shard because you never know when you would need a knife though he was sure that some saw the blade and thought he may be crazy but really he just liked the blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.