Traversing the Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Athwyn didn't need further prompting as she nodded and ran for the stairs leading below deck. She near tumbled down the steps as the ship rocked again, taking another hit and she slipped, falling three steps before getting a hold on the railing and continuing on, ignoring the throb in her ankle and hip as her green eyes quickly searched for the room she needed. Healers were not all that respected on ships, but they WERE on ships, so there had to be herbs stored away somewhere and she was determined to find them. She found the small room delegated to the healer on board and pushed the door open.

The healer within was a thin elf and very docile in nature and Wyn had only to push past him when he made to protest her presence and he shut up, moving back into a corner. The human searched the shelves quickly and looked back at the male. "Vervain, do you have it?"

"Why-"

"Do you have it?!"

The elf nodded, pointing to a cupboard and Wyn rushed to it, smiling when the vial was in her hand. "Thank you!" She made for the door and the healer looked after her. "Why do you need-" His sentence cut off as he seemed to remember just what vervain was and his skin paled further than it usually was. The woman didn't take the time to explain or reassure, already out in the hallway and smiling at Danny as she held up the vial in a small triumph.

"Now we just need water."

Before he could even wrap his head around what she was doing, where she was going and how fast she was tumbling down the stairs, Wyn dashed into the quarters startling a nervous looking sun loving elf and leaving just as prompt.

She certainly knew what she was doing in this sort of situation even if he was lost completely. Something important with a herb, that much he understood and now she was looking for water. Well they had plenty of that surrounding them but he wasn't daft enough to think she was talking salt water but rather pure water. Made more sense in that aspect.

"The dining hall should still have a barrel of fresh water," he flicked an ear taking the stairs by twos behind her, getting ready to brace for another impact if need be as their own ship prickled with the cannons beginning to fire in return. If they were extremely lucky, perhaps the vampire's ship would go down and he'd drown. It keep his hands clean and save a lot of people in the process. He wasn't even sure how many were already wounded, or lost completely.

Sticking close to her, fending back scurrying frantic crew and passengers that didn't know what they should be doing, he was starting to get actually irritated. Not a good place to be in as it made his logical mind border back into an more aggressive state, but that didn't have precedence right now. This did and so did whatever Wyn was thinking up.

Dining hall. Brilliant!

Wyn hurried up one flight of stairs that took her back to the second level of the ship, where the dining quarters were located and she could practically feel Danny's breath on the back of her neck, so close was he. It was reassuring and when she stumbled backward at another lurch of their ship, it was his body she made contact with, his chest she stabilized on before taking off again. They reached the dining quarters soon enough and Wyn looked around quickly but carefully until she found decent sized pail and proceeded to get some water out of the barrel. Once that was accomplished, she crouched and carefully poured the contents of the vial into the clear liquid, using her hands to stir it in evenly. Green eyes looked to Danny then, blazing with fire.

"Vervain is toxic to vampires. One touch and his skin will burn and sizzle. If we can hit him with this water, we can get close enough to take him down." She smirked. "Just need to get one of those wood pieces his cannon has so graciously left lying around for us and stab him through the heart."

The woman rose and picked up the pail, making to pass it over to the gremlin elf with a slight shrug. "I keep falling." was her only explanation.

She wasn't kidding when she said she knew some of the vulnerabilities a vampire had, he wouldn't have thought some water and a weed would be toxic to such a creature. Actually any sort of creature. But he was thankful for it, it would be a good way at keeping some distance between the past tense master and Wyn.

He nodded, grinned and tussled her hair affectionately upon taking the pail given to him, "It's a good thing you are so brilliant otherwise I'd be forever lost on how to combat such a beast." the double tone hadn't faded but it was certainly a lot more gentle when speaking to her. "When we hit land fall, you'll firm up your stance too, soon it'll take a bull to knock you off your feet." another tussle before tilting his head back with a almost sinister grin touching his face.

"We'll make certain your past master, knows what it feels like to be threatened and weak."

Wyn laughed at his words and she didn't think it odd even amidst this chaos and danger. It was exciting in a rather scary, thrilling way and she suddenly understood what people spoke of when they told stories about adrenaline and not being able to feel pain or even fear in moments of stress. It was incredible and terrifying all at once and she'd have to analyze it all later, but for now they should probably get back on deck. Athwyn smiled past her now wild white hair and moved for the door, beckoning him to come along.

They reached the top deck again to find complete and utter chaos awaiting them. Different parts of the ship were in shambles and the cannons were still flying, but now in much closer proximity. The woman ducked with a short scream as the rail close to her blew apart and wood embedded itself into her cheek, shoulder and arm, only small pieces, but painful anyway. Suddenly a voice called out from the other ship, stern and commanding and cold. "Still your fire!" The vampire stood in clear view on the other ship and his gaze bore into Wyn, dark lines around his eyes, showing he'd clearly caught the scent of her blood, making her still as old habits threatened to take over.

It only a lasted a moment before she backed up and broke eye-contact, looking to Danny and her gaze flickering to the pail in his hands, making sure it was safe. She didn't get to say anything to him, though as a soft melody started to float through the air, getting stronger and more voices joining in after a time. Wyn looked around for the source, but before she found it, she noted something more alarming instead. Everywhere she looked, men had dropped what they were doing and gone still, a slightly hazy look to their eyes and dopey smiles and expression developing on their face. The women - of which there were five on the ship, two now dead it would seem and one injured - seemed unaffected, but didn't look puzzled by the voices so much as they looked furious as the two still standing tried to jostle some sense back into their crew mates.

Athwyn saw the vampire's ship coming alongside the AnnaMarie and women that could only be described as otherworldly and seductive boarded rather smoothly, the song still pouring from their throats. The human stared at them in horror for a moment before she dared to look at Danny. Surely...surely he wouldn't be looking just as stupid as the rest of the men...

Ears jerked right upwards in full on alert, a once leery gaze taking a wide eye focus slowly taking a foggy filter.

What had he been doing just a minute ago? Where did that beautiful sound come from, he had to find that out! No. He needed to find it and find it he did.

Where the ship stood in chaos seemed to filtered out of his mind, the other crew, the other passengers, the god's gate, Athwyn. What was this sudden stirring in his chest that brought on a tunnel vision that clouded his mind into a one track state. Then it appeared, as if the heavens themselves parted to reveal the ravishing vision of song and other worldly beauty. Floating upon the air itself, his gaze raised with a sly grin. Slick and half sideways, a flick of his brow catching the eye of one smoking lithe framed lass.

Slender digits beckoned forward as if pulling his weak knees towards her, he slugged his shoulders. "I've only heard of fallen angels, imagine my pure luck at finding one." a wink with a click of his tongue, and hands released the pail from his grasp letting his feet shuffle forward. "Hey baby, how about we make your song a duet, yes?"

A goofy struck grin rolled up into his gaze, as the girl giggled never halting her song. "Oh a feisty one," he bared more of a fang this time, "A new adventure to conquer, let the master show you how it's done my white angel."

Athwyn's mouth dropped open, green eyes wide as she stared at the gremlin elf....or what was left of him and frankly it wasn't attractive in the least. She looked from the women approaching the men and back to Danny and she lurched forward when he dropped the pail, just keeping it from spilling more than a fraction if its contents and she cursed the tall elf as she looked up at him, growling to herself as he moved toward the alluring female waiting for his approach. The white haired female wasn't entirely sure WHY she did it....only that it felt really good to do such was her frustration at the moment.

Already on the deck, she swept her feet out and tangled them with his ankles, sending the monumental idiot crashing to the deck. Wyn hoped some pain might clear his head a little, but she wasn't counting on it as she stood and picked the pail up, turning to face where the two ships joined. She saw the vampire approaching then, appearing completely in control and the women looked at him only briefly as he went by, wary of the creature, but obviously having a mutual agreement. Athwyn swallowed hard, pulling the water behind her back as much as she could and tried not to panic.

Danny was not going to help her. No one here was. That realization was swift in coming and so was the fear that wanted to crush her as hypnotic black eyes met her green, approaching like the cat that knew it had cornered the mouse. "You have greatly displeased me, Pet." He stopped a short distance before her, voice smooth as velvet and twice as deadly. "Come to me and perhaps I will only see that your friends are sold as slaves and not killed."

Wyn didn't move, but her limbs had frozen so she was unsure if it was defiance or fear that kept her still.

Last edited:
One second he was making that all so attractive flirty eye contact with the glorious maiden across the way, her making coy and sweet little trick's of her fingers, a brush of her hair aside and then he heard the bark of a cry come from himself.

Falling flat forward finding the hard ground rather than the fluffy plush clouds angels would sit upon, he groaned loudly rubbing his head. "I've heard of love struck, I didn't know it was so literal! But I'm more than happy to do so again just for you my sweet angel." Shifting his hands forward mimicking that of a push up, a heavy greed took to a glinting fever into his gaze pinning heatedly to that of the slinky lass who giggled lightly at his two left feet. Regaining his balance gathering his feet beneath his strong frame, he had to get back some composure here. Falling on his face was hardly any of that.

No, he needed charm. Charm and grace and poise. Yes that is what them foxy ladies liked and he could do that. Straightening his shoulders, Danny gave his best grin - an honest grin before he flicked out his jacket giving a snap to his fingers, "Baby, if you were words on a page, you'd be what they call fine print." Oh yeah slick. Pure gold, he was damn sure that she'd be willing to fall into his grasp now. "So how about I become your dictionary and add meaning to your life darling."

Of all the things for her to notice, Wyn knew Danny's bad pick-up lines should not have been among them and yet they rankled something deep down that she wasn't even really aware of presently and the human frowned, glancing at him with a 'really?' expression before she looked back to the vampire. He didn't seem all that pleased about being ignored, rapidly losing patience and Wyn knew that was what she needed, so steeling what courage she had, she raised her chin slightly and tried to keep her voice was shaking. "I..I'm not going b-back with you. I am not a slave anymore. I am not food."

By the end of the sentence, her voice had grown firmer and the vampire hissed, moving toward her then, not even using enhanced speed he thought her so vulnerable. "You will obey me, human!" He reached for her, voice thundering into a rumble and Wyn simply reacted, the pail coming around and up, water sloshing all over the creature. The rumble turned into a roar of agony as the vampire stumbled back from her and to the deck, and Athwyn stared for a moment before she crouched and her hand met a large splinter of wood blindly.

She wasn't sure how she actually got the will to move. What she did know was that there was a rushing sound in her ears, her hands shook and she couldn't feel her body, but it didn't stop the one thought that ran through her mind; kill him. The vampire took a hold of her wrist as she made to sink the wood into his chest, but the grasp was weak at best and when her green eyes met his black, Wyn saw nothing but darkness there. Nothing redeemable. If she let him go, he'd feast on her without remorse and he'd harm everything she had started to learn to hold dear.

No.

Her free hand found another makeshift stake and Wyn plunged it into the creature's heart without any further hesitation. The vampire gasped and wheezed, skin turning an ashen gray as black veins crawled over his skin, his blood drying up until he went still. Dead. The human pulled her wrist out of his grasp then and backed up, wide-eyed and shaking. She'd done that. She'd just killed a vampire. She'd just killed.

Green eyes slowly flickered up to women, taking note that their song had mellowed slightly as they regarded her, equally hateful because of her gender, but not a bit more cautious too. "Let them go." Wyn's voice didn't shake and she clenched bloodied hands at her side, ready to do whatever it took to get Danny and the crew back.

The Sirens didn't react right away. They'd come here because they'd been hired by the vampire. Now that he was gone....well, they could still take the men as food, but in this case they were technically bound by a contract that was now null and void because the vampire was dead and their reputations as hired assassins would be tarnished a bit if they took out an entire ship without orders. Hmm...dilemmas, dilemmas.

Last edited:
Glancing aside, looking to those standing closest to her as her own hands came to rest upon the swell of her hips, a slick almost too confident grin presided upon the Siren's lips. The girls continued their song - with less effort when the vampire came to a unpredicted death, but they still continued.

He had said there would be plenty of those gullible men for them to lull and drag under the water into their eternal graves for their own bliss, but this... this woman that had been the reason to hire them was an un-predetermined out come.

Still, a meal was a meal whether or not they had a contract or not. Leaning forward as she leapt across the band of ships to stand proud and tall to the Annamarie, golden whitish blond hair fell forward. "And what if we don't? Can you save them all? Can you, one little human defeat all of us without and hope to save all the men here?" she chuckled darkly, "I bet," pale ruby eyes smirked as much as her lips did, "You have one in this bunch that you would kill for his freedom? Would you trade his life for the rest of the men little girl?"

Last edited:
Athwyn stared at the Siren, finding no softness in the other woman's gaze and the human had to wonder if this was what the world was truly like. Dark. Forbidding. Unkind. Without mercy. Without honor. She didn't feel like she belonged in such a world and yet, here she was, unable to escape it. Her green eyes flickered to Danny at the red-eyed female's words and the desire was there. To tell them to take another. But then she looked to the rest of the men, having no quarrel with any of them, to the female sailor who was trying to hold back one of the men, crying desperately. Would she trade Danny for them?

No.

But nor could she trade someone else for him. That was their world. Those were selfish actions that made up this dark place these creatures had sprung from and that wasn't the person Athwyn wanted to be. She watched Danny for a long moment and breathed in shakily before looking back at the Siren, conviction in her eyes as she stood as tall as her short stature allowed.

"One life is not worth more than another and while sometimes life must be taken, it should not be bartered. I will not choose." She suspected to do so was a trap anyway and that the sirens would do as they wished regardless because they were right, she didn't know how to stop them and she couldn't save everyone. But she wouldn't play god and choose who lived and who died.

"How droll," she pouted softly flicking her hand across her shoulder, "And here I thought humans were suppose to be arrogant and yet this one won't even consider those most important to herself over another." a stabbing finger pointed to her, "And if I gave the other woman the choice, you know what she'd do right?" her finger directed to the struggling sobbing woman, her lips curling into a cruel grin. "She'd pick the one she cares about, because she knows the difference between love and lost. You don't shed a tear and yet she wails. You say a life should not be bartered and act so high but how would you feel if you lost that one you wanted?" a glint in her gaze, "Let's see how much you care when the one you travel with succumbs to our charms for an eternity, knowing you could have saved them from that. Now which one is the one you travel with," her gaze shifted, a slow beckon and a pulse of magic came out from her body, acting like a lightning struck looking for a rod to receive a conductivity too.

His ears prickled as the siren woman seemed to change his direction, making a slow beckon with the twist of a finger; his gaze followed her without hesitation. A new one, a new angel to try more of his luck with. And she was close.

"Oh an elf, I'd pegged you for more of a fae lover than an elven sort." Danny came with reach, his own hand reaching out as she tossed back an laugh. "Look at how he is so weak and pathetic, and you... the murderer of a vampire couldn't save even him. How sad little pet, so sad." her eyes flicked up under her lashes, "I think I like this one... he has such a determined dreamy look on his face, he'd make for a good fun for a while before I become bored with him." reaching up to strum a hand under his chin, she grinned, "I think he'd like that. Wouldn't you?"

Eyes flicked across her, searching almost seeming panicked this time around. It was not the same feeling that had been lulling him the first time. No this was something else. "L-Lexis?" the name tumbled past his lips before the woman could even react, once vivid violet eyes shifted into a black devoid pitch. No colour existed and narrowed drastically to mimic that stare of a snake itself. A hiss erupted as the siren gasped frantically unsure of what went haywire in her spell as her own hands reached up defensively to attempt to drag away his one from her throat. Skin paled into an ashen colour allowing all too fanged and too wide smirk spread over his features.

"W-wha?" she struggled hungrily gasping for air, Danny chuckled darkly tightening his grip to hoist her feet from the ground letting them dangle there. The sirens' at least some began to panic, halting their song while others seemed to continue uncertain of what they should do.

"You should've just kept playing your little game as yourself and not try to probe into memories that were not yours to begin with." a flick of his stare sideways to the ship, growling and hissing through the double tone, they crept back under the unearthly gaze. Another clench tighter and he tossed her aside like a rag doll hitting the floor hard, sickening hard causing the woman to cry out in pure agony. "Leave." he was showing mercy even yet but it would not last long, colour slowly returning back to his flesh.

The siren's words pierced like well-placed knives into Athwyn, but despite what she expected to happen in her own mind, her resolve didn't waver. She didn't know why it didn't. She didn't understand why one of half of her was screaming that she'd made the wrong decision and to DO SOMETHING while the other half of her was calm and firm in her words and what she believed in. It was NOT that she didn't care for Danny. It was that she could not sin so greatly as to trade another for him. What kind of good could come of that and what of her guilt and Danny's when he found out someone had died in his place?

No. It was the wrong decision to make even if her heart shrieked its protests. And Athwyn had no idea how she had the willpower to ignore her heart.

In the end, she was glad she did as she watched the events unfold with eyes that simply grew wider with every action Danny did. Suddenly it wasn't the sirens who were the predators, it was the gremlin elf and they were the prey. The flip was so abrupt that the human would have missed it if not for the theatrics of the situation. Wyn felt a trickle of fear enter her veins, but she wasn't sure if she was afraid of Danny or simply what he might do and either way, she wasn't going to let it control her. So as the sirens crept away like beaten curs with their tails between their legs, the human approached the gremlin elf. She didn't know better and in her naivety didn't think to be overly wary as she came to the tall elf's side and her fingers, still bloodied, touched his arm.

"Danny? Are you all right?" Sure, the siren was the one who'd hit the deck with a sickening crunch, but Athwyn could have cared less about her condition. She was far more concerned with Danny's as she'd never quite seen him like that.

He didn't know what happened. One moment he was standing on the deck watching the vessel of the vampire come aside their own and next, this blond woman was using a glamour that only provoked a very private part of his own being. He could smell practically foul play but he had no memory of it. Everything he tried to pull forward in that span of time between was foggy, painful actually and pressed a hard headache between his eyes.

Irises widened letting the return of the violet colour spread and lighten his gaze as Wyn touched his arm, he glanced to her more confused than angry to the whole thing. "All right?" he repeated, what was she talking about? There was ample concern in her gaze and it baffled him honestly.

Tilting his head, he dared to reach for her hand, stopped and grabbed her shoulders. "You have blood on you, wait where's the vampire?" his palms crept up to her cheeks and held her face turning her left, right, up and down inspecting here. "No bite marks, you're not bleeding are you? Did he hurt you, where did the man go? What happened?" taking a step back pressing a hand to his own brow with a twinge of pain, he chuckled. "Sorry Wyn, guess I wasn't much help there."

She watched him come back to her and Wyn felt the strength start to leave her, like she didn't need it anymore and she smiled shakily at him when he took her face in his hands. She felt both relieved and incredibly panicked in that moment as he questioned and a hysterical amusement threatened to bubble up in her throat as she grabbed his wrists with her bloodied hands and then let him go when he stepped back. She felt like her teeth would chatter as she started to tremble and just as quickly clenched her fists to make herself stop. That was something she did know how to control no matter how much she hurt or how scared she was. Twenty years with a vampire had taught her that much.

The vampire. Stars, she was going to be sick.

Wyn swallowed down the bile as she purposely kept her back turned to the body, taking a careful breath and swallowing hard again before she spoke. "It's not my blood. He didn't hurt me. I killed him." That came out in a much too monotone way and the white-haired human took another careful breath and looked back up at the gremlin elf, green eyes wide and betraying just how fragile her control was at the moment.

"He brought women who sang and you and all the men got really stupid. They were going to take you away, but then you said something about 'Lexis' and you seemed really...mad. They left after that." It was a very simple summary. And he was lucky to get it seeing as the stress of the whole thing - her first adventure and she'd been doing it alone - started to set in.

Blinking to her, looking over her head to the supine shriveled up dead body on the deck, he hummed in awe actually. Though he felt incredibly guilty for not being well... coherent to help her. But it only continued as she began to explain what had transpired.

He was about to say something when Wyn mentioned that name and again his irises shot back into the snake like appearance. A twinge of a lip and closed his gaze. Sliding a hand through the air as if to erase what had been said, a single eye opened back to normal. He didn't want to think about that right now, no, his focus had to be Wyn and how she had been forced quite literally to take on her past full frontal.

Sighing some, letting the risen palm smooth around to her back pulling her into his embrace, he sighed again with more weight. "Let's get you cleaned up alright?" he spoke softly, a little strained but nothing in comparison to what it once was. "You have something to be proud of though Wyn, you took on your greatest challenge and succeeded. Though I can't imagine how terrifying it was, and I am apologetic that I did not live up to my best, but I am impressed with you. And guilty that you had to do it alone. Perhaps next time, I should have cotton in my ears yes?" he grinned somewhat giving her another squeeze. "All will be good, it just will take time."

She froze when his eyes changed again, uncertain now that it was directed to her, but she stayed in place as he seemed to regain control and Wyn made a mental note not to mention that name again. She didn't feel like hitting the ground as hard as that other woman had done...and the truth of the matter was that she didn't know the elf before her well enough to know if he'd do that to her or not if pushed into an angry state. She didn't like the feeling, the sliver of distrust, but Wyn knew it was logical. She didn't know him and people had more faces than just the ones they chose to show to the world. She knew that, too. She'd just seen a fraction of another one Danny held and she wasn't quite ready to learn more about it yet.

Still, when he pulled her into a hug, she accepted because whether she knew him or not...he was the only person here, the only person who seemed to care. And that was a saddening thought in and of itself. If not for Danny, she'd be alone. She worked not to cry as his words washed over her and nodded against his torso, not sure what she was agreeing to - maybe all of it? - but feeling the need to give some sort of response since he was trying to sooth her.

She sniffled slightly and looked up when he said it would get better, giving him a skeptical look that was completely her age. "I am not sure I believe that." she told him softly, thinking back to his reaction about this Lexis, but Wyn didn't mention her again as she pulled away enough to start walking toward below deck. She beckoned Danny to follow as she'd done so many times before with a slightly unsteady smile, but a smile nonetheless.

The human would move on, but she didn't think she'd ever forget and she knew she wouldn't be the same again. No, this had birthed something utterly new inside her and for this day onward it would have a say in everything she did and how she viewed the world. She couldn't ever go back to being an innocent child again. Not in the same way.

Setting foot back into the port town across the watery passage way they had crossed in the last week and some; the ship had to be docked for a while to repair the damage caused by that of the vampire. He offered to try and help said cause but the captain was more bitter to the fact that his vessel had be nearly sunk. It was a sad sight, but his pride did not want to impart on others so the elder man politely and gratefully declined.

Still, it didn't sit right with him. But he knew it was best to leave it be.

The port wasn't nearly as busy as the one they left had been, but it was enough to cause a stir in the air. And one he smirked at more readily too. This was more his element, the wide and crowded space of land beneath his feet rather than mere planks of wood. Stretching out his muscles, he tossed a look down to the human female who had been having more of a difficult time accepting what she had done to achieve her freedom. He couldn't blame her. Death was never an easy thing to survive with and it was only that much more when it was done by one's own hands.

He could recall the first time he had felt that similar pang of guilt, of fear, of anger and pity that swarmed through his belly. It felt as if he was going to be pulled apart in five different directions, never to come to terms with what had happened and move forward on it. Wyn had done hers for her own self, for her rightful freedom. His, was merely sport. Still, he knew enough of how it felt to offer a bit of sympathy, but he certainly didn't over step his boundaries.

As the time on the ship progressed and he come to realize what he had shown in front of what Wyn called a siren; the apt shame crawled through his skin. He knew he done something and in perfect truth, he didn't realize he had shown so much of his natural self. It bothered him completely, especially when he pieced together he had done it twice in one day, one of course far worse than the other, but the fact remained he had the potential to spark at Wyn. There was... just too much history there around that name that he didn't want to explain or felt like he could. It was a sensitive subject and one that he wasn't sure he'd ever be able to explain without revealing the whole reason why his species were called gremlin. So it sat in his gut for a while, festering and boiling into a bile that he managed to pass off as sea sickness until he curbed it back into a familiar void that allowed his usual chipper attitude to come up and form.

Today was a new, or as new as it could be. The sun was past mid day and he had to get more of his bearings before he could accurately point them into the right direction. Not to mention they needed supplies, which meant they would have to shop and lodge for the remainder of the day. Not unfeasible of course.

Turning to look at the petite woman, he tilted his head to her. "We ought to find the inn here," a nod short and sweet, "Buy some supplies that will help our travels, and get you some proper rest and cleaned up to help you feel more revitalized. Not to mention give your hands some relaxation due to all the cooking you've done," he grinned widely, "You need a day of rest and pampering Wyn. My treat of course."

Athwyn well knew that he was worried over her. Even his words now confirmed it, though, she was grateful for it nonetheless. She'd spent a few days very quiet, avoiding the spot the vampire had been in and not bringing the subject up at all. The only thing she could be grateful for at the time was that the men on the ship remembered nothing of what had transpired thanks to the sirens. But she remembered and at night the pale face came to haunt her dreams, waking her in the night with accusations. She'd killed. Not in battle or to save someone else, but logically, planned out, for herself and that ate at her. Danny said it was self-defense, but Wyn found it hard to accept that way out - as she saw it - and it took days for her to come to a some rocky terms with what she'd done and Wyn wasn't okay with it, but she was better able to function.

All she could really tell herself and accept was that the vampire's death would mean he wouldn't hurt anyone else. If she thought of it that way, she could get through the days without the guilt eating away at her. The woman was hopeful that in time, she wouldn't have to keep telling herself it. And that perhaps the siren's voice would leave her thoughts, too. That was even harder, though, because every time she looked at Danny, she remembered the cruel female's barbs. At the time Athwyn had been sure she was making the right choice, but time softened convictions and now she wondered if maybe she'd done the wrong thing.

There was nothing to be done about it, though, and so the human did her best to push those thoughts away when they came. All this had taught her something very important, though; she wasn't a child. She felt like one often enough, knew she was naive like one, but she wasn't one. She was beginning to understand that and it gave her things to ponder. She knew she'd been much too quiet in the last few days leading up to the port, but they weren't of distress and now Wyn smiled up at Danny.

She was a bit worried for him, too, sensing even in her own turmoil that something was off inside him as well...she just didn't know how to ask about it, or even if she should and so she hadn't. And then he'd gone back to what she was used to and Athwyn had wondered if maybe he was just as shaken up by the sirens as she'd been. Again....she'd not asked.

"Pampering? I am afraid I don't know the meaning of the word, my good elf. I do, however, remember someone telling me that I could have a lesson when we hit land." She grinned up at him, green eyes holding true mirth for the first time in nearly two weeks.

Lifting an ear to her with a raise of his brow, he was hardly expecting her to want to get right into it even after all that had transpired. He actually had been carefully avoiding even bringing that up. It was a sensitive subject that he was almost fearful could trigger her into thinking that her learning how to combat might hit a nerve.

Though the mirth in her gaze and the smile upon her lips and he had a hard time saying no to it. Rather he gave a leisurely tip of his head, "Perhaps I can start teaching you something upon the inn, but only after gathering supplies and you rest for a while. It would at least make me less distressed over you," he was earnest in that and seen no point in hiding that. "Plus," a finger pointed upwards before rubbing his hands together, "I haven't had a proper meal since the ship and honestly... I'm starving!" well that wasn't new, but it was a new city meaning something new and if he could eat it well... then he was sitting in heaven!

Status
Not open for further replies.