Traversing the Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
She'd stemmed the bleeding as best she could, as best as she always did and Athwyn had simply focused on not passing out for a time before she felt like she could stand again. At that point she'd cleaned herself up, dressing in night clothes that hung off her small frame and undoing the braids in her hair and brushing it out. After that she'd gone to the guest room, already anticipating what the vampire would want. She'd spent the last twenty years here, she knew the creature's mind better than he himself did at times and she knew he'd let Danny stay. So she made sure the sheets were folded down, that the bell for the morning servants still worked, that a fire was going on in the room and that the windows were locked and the drapes pulled properly.

A quick note - she'd been taught to read and write for the vampire's convenience in sending her on out errands - was jotted down for the cooks in the morning to be ready to serve a guest and then Athwyn had gone back to her small room, feeling light-headed, dizzy and exhausted. She'd just started to doze on the bed when the voice came through the wall. It made her jump, alarmed because it was a new, unexpected sound, but then her mind caught up with her body and the woman got up slowly and opened the door, trying to look awake and alert as she smiled softly.

"Do you need help finding your room?"

She couldn't think about what he possibly might want if not that. He'd already made it clear he didn't drink blood so she knew he didn't desire a snack - and she was grateful for that as she kept her arm behind her back, feeling the deep cut throb with every beat of her heart.

Listening to a door creak open while the tumblers of the handle released, violet eyes peered around to look down upon the loose white crown of the human female. She seemed pale not that he couldn't blame her. Having ones life blood drained for a mere nectar, it was boorish. And that was putting it mildly.

Her question was valid and one that probably wouldn't have crossed his mind until he was looking for the place to hunker down, but still not his point of coming down this way.

A leery glance across his shoulder, he put his hands upon his knees to meet her somewhat eye level. "Perhaps I may need your help with that but I wanted to see if you were alright first. You live with a monster not a master." he blurted out with little care, "Vampires I've deemed quite nasty sort, not much to converse with and certainly not worth company." he rambled. Flicking a ear back and forth, he was prodding the silent airways for the slightest thing out of place. "Come let's see your slit wrist, I won't take no for an answer especially from one who has been tremendous this day. It'll be my way of thanking you and for not getting ready to chase me like your Dragon lady had."

A hand escaped away from his knee for her arm, making it clear he would not take no for an answer.

Athwyn blinked in surprise at his words and his tone. He was being far quieter than she'd ever seen him - though, admittedly she'd not seen much, but her query about whether or not he COULD be quiet had been a valid one - and he looked concerned, something she'd only ever seen on a few faces and those people made more of an effort to hide it, like it was something they shouldn't feel. His openness surprised her just as much as he himself did often enough.

She smiled again, more genuine and less forced this time and held out her arm without protest. It hurt something awful and while she was used to it, if he could make it feel better she was going to let him. It looked like it would make him feel better, too. She kept still as her wrist was unwrapped and watched him instead of the cut. She'd seen many of those, but only one of him. "It is alright, Danny. You don't need to be mad. I've been here since I was a baby. I don't mind." She patted his head this time like he often had done to her, green eyes bright and happy despite everything around her.

"Why would I chase you? You're a nice elf and in the morning I will make you breakfast with the cooks. You won't have to get apples from Mathea again." That was a clear tease as Athwyn grinned at him.

A gentle fondness around her wrist, his hands clasped softly around summoning up the healing manna from within, as he paid a little closer attention to what he was doing. Though he seen how her green eyes had Bern looking over him, uncertainty and unfamiliar coated thick upon her fair complexion dappling the human cheeks with a sweet cuteness to them.

Though the way her lips pulled into a softer more real smile, he liked that much more. He hummed contently, "Not mad, more rather appalled," he looked up from under his brows, "That is a word right? He was never too sure with common tongue. Sometimes there words made no sense to him. "You may not mind because you grew up here from a wee tot, but from an outsider looking in, it is quite worrisome. A pet is to be loved, no? Not used as a fresh replenishment. At least that's how I think it should be. Being top side is very enthralling but very confusing as well. What I think should be right, may be wrong and vice versa. Leaves one a little muddled up in there head's." large hands released patting her hand, "There should be what you may call good as new. Or good as old. I'd prefer new, seems fitting." he grinned letting a warm chuckle come from his lips especially when she patted us lowered head.

Though his yellowish violet gaze widened with delight to her words. He'd be happy to not visit the flame filled woman again, it'd be easier to keep himself alive if that was the case. "You have cooks as well here?" straightening out to give his neck a rub, Danny grinned widely; "This place must have many people inside, it is honestly amazing. And you offer a meal even to that of myself," now it was his turn to pat her head again. "Athywn, you are a very kind soul, makes me proud to have literally run into you." another pat, "Your very generous, I find you deserve many gracious thanks. I do not think u have ever displayed such gratitude in many years. Your head may be soon tired of the gesture." another chuckle letting his hand fall though he seemed to explain why he kept patting her. It was a sign in his own culture if appreciation and praise.

"Now, where is said hospitality room that has been offered. May you please show me Athywn? I do believe I would get lost for many days in such a large place. Too many subtle smells, makes it hard to track down possible ways." he had begun to speak more fervently again easing his worry for the young girl since he mended her wound.

She nodded. Yes, yes it was a word, though, she found it funny when he used it, as if he couldn't really wrap his tongue around some things. It was quite entertaining. Still, as she listened to him, she felt the need to both frown and smile, especially at the pats to her head. She had to admit they felt both strange and welcome, understanding it was a form of praise and quite liking that. She didn't get it all that often. Though, he might be far more appreciative of the food than her, but that only made Athwyn giggle to herself as she looked him over again. He seemed so skinny, but with the way his mouth ran and the energy that exuded from him, she was sure his beanpole frame hid an appetite as big as a centaurs. Cooking for him would be fun tomorrow as most people in this house didn't tend to eat all that much.

Athwyn liked challenges.

She looked down at her wrist for a moment, blinking in wonder at the fact that the cut was healed completely and then smiled widely as she slipped past Danny, beckoning him to follow. "It's not far from here and I already lit a fire. Do gremlin elves like fire? I can put it out if you don't..." The woman bit her lip, a finger coming up to twirl her loose hair absentmindedly. She only did such things when thinking hard about something and comfortable around the person she was with.

And Danny was very comforting to be around, his entire aura exuding safety and warmth and welcome. He was just so happy!

Green eyes glanced back into yellow-violet, confused about something and finally thinking to ask instead of trying to puzzle it out on her own. "Danny, what is love?"

As fire all to himself!? They really were lavish on the top surface and he found himself in awe. So much that he couldn't believe she would just offer to put it out so freely. "Flame is almost an wealthy item, do all top siders have fire so freely? Does not the clan leaders of your culture keep control on who is allowed to have flame and who cannot." it was a luxury not many had, too many people and not enough flint made it rare.

He was ever so glad he came to the surface. Every thing here had a whole new meaning, and everyone seemed to be living happy and warm. It was good. But he evaded her question, "I would actually be quite humble if I was allowed a fire for a night. No one would ever believe me but it'd be nice to have." he nodded deep in his own conviction though... Wyn seemed deep in thought. Perhaps he said something funny or something witty?

Daring to ask, those big eyes were watching him with a curiosity he knew so well. But her question, not so much. "Love?" hands rolled over another in a tumbling motion, "Is that not an emotion that makes people do silly things and want to spend much time with another simply because they like another's company so greatly?" He had heard if it many times but experience was something else. "Others I heard speak of it say it makes them giddy and excited and sick too. They are like," what was a word for it, "Ecstatic. Wild and devoted but I do not know it beyond hearsay. I know mating and such, sorrow and delight but love." wide shoulders shrugged pulling his lips in what could be a facial shrug, "I do not know. I have not felt such way before. I know liking things and enjoying things, but I think they ate different. Do you know what love is Wyn?" perhaps she could shed light on the question.

She wanted to know more about this strange land he came from! No fire? Of course he could have a fire, the silly elf! Athwyn smiled and shook her head, opening the door to his room and gesturing him to go inside. It was large and beautiful and warm. "Fire is free for everyone here." she assured him before moving into the room herself and looking around for a moment. She would sleep in here if she could and she was sure he would like it. The woman moved over to make sure the flames hadn't gone down too much, stoking the wood, but she listened to Danny talk, frowning slightly as she tried to make sense of his words.

She straightened and put her hands on her hips, head cocked the side in contemplation before she answered. "I know how people describe being in love and I know very well what lust is, and mating and such...but I do not know what love is. I do not understand the emotion someone might feel for another if they are not lovers. Like a mother and a child or a brother and a sister. I do not understand such a thing."

Athwyn shrugged slightly, dropping her arms and instead putting her hands behind her back, rocking back slightly in her heals. She was tired but she wouldn't leave until she knew he was situated and wanted for nothing. "So no, I do not believe I know what love is. I do not think I have ever loved or been loved." A smile graced her face. "You do not need to try and explain, though, as I am sure you are tired. Perhaps we will talk more in the morning....unless you have some business to attend to."

Wow what a concept! Rubbing the side of his head trying to even imagine that flame wasn't a hoarded luxury and it was free just blew him away. It was so foreign and grand that he wasn't sure how to make heads or tails from it. But he liked it either way. And it only continued to be beyond his even wildest dreams. She opened the door to a room that he could only gaze at. It was massive, spoiled with rich colours, shimmering curtains on not one tiny window but two huge almost touching the vaulted ceiling, windows. A stone fireplace sat to the left of the door and a bed - a bed!- was close by to encourage the warmth of the fire to lull even the most alert of travels into a lull of slumber.

"It's huge," he blinked in awe, before he realized and turned his attention to look at her prodding the flames to stoke them back to a warmer life, he blinked again. A few times actually. As she was explaining what she knew what she didn't and in between, he nodded shortly. He could not give her an answer, he did not understand fully what it meant either to be loved. Sure he grew up in the comfort of many, but knowing what parents were... struck him as odd. "What is a parent?" he knew of brothers and sisters, but parents.... where they the same as brood keepers? Seemed likely but if there was suppose to be this attachment feeling with it, then maybe not.

A smile touched her face as he smirked in eager return, turning removing the brown jacket from his shoulders only to slip the white shirt up and over his frame allowing the dark markings from his neck spiraling along his right shoulder and down his ribs and back alike. His thin appearance now exposed letting his physique speak more of a endurance than previously, he wasn't nearly as thin as he could appear. Defined most certainly but over the top, not at all. Spending as much time as he had underground digging and hauling as he did, meant he had to have something, otherwise being a noodle would have gotten him injured more than he had.

Folding the clothing neatly, turning a gaze across his shoulder to her, he smirked again wider this time. "Yes in the morning, thank you Wyn." he gave her a proper bow before setting down his garments to the small chair to the side. "The only business I have to attend too is going to the guild hall to sign up for the search of the God's door. But that will not be until tomorrow afternoon, I'd enjoy speaking further with you. Not to mention enjoying your company. Thank you Wyn. Sleep well won't you?"

"I am not sure." she answered to his question about parents and the two shared a smile full of both amusement and understanding before he started to get ready for bed. Athwyn watched, feeling no shame in doing so, but curiosity did stir when she saw the marks, fingers itching to trace along them and let them tell her the stories that they could. She kept her hands firmly clasped behind her back to still the urge and instead smiled, cheeks tinged a bit red in embarrassment he wouldn't understand - and would probably assume was for the wrong reasons - when he looked back over at her.

She smiled wider at the bow and returned one of her own a bit more playfully. Her green eyes wandered over his body in fascination, but came back up to meet his eyes when he bid her a goodnight. "I shall. Thank you for your kindness today, Danny. Sleep well." She slipped out of his room then and made her way to her own, pausing when she heard the door open and knowing her master had left. If he was going now that meant he wouldn't be back in the morning and the woman stopped rubbing her arm nervously to smile instead, far more relaxed when she found her bed and then sleep.

The morning came soon for Athwyn, but it was not a time of day she disliked as she dressed in brown pants and a green shirt that brought out the color of her eyes even more dramatically. She wasn't allowed to wear such things around the vampire, but seeing as she'd be alone today, Athwyn kept her hair down and hummed under her breath as she entered the kitchen. Various servants were already there, but not as many as would have been in attendance had the vampire been at home and they greeted her in their quiet way, going about their duties quickly, but efficiently so they could leave. Many of them had jobs elsewhere, too and this was just a first stop.

The cooks had gotten started on the food, but they indulged Athwyn when she offered to help, promising not to tell that it wasn't them that had made the food if she was asked by the vampire. She'd never jeopardize their jobs like that. But she loved to cook and there were only limited times in which she was allowed. She listened to those with more experience than her as she worked and soon laughter was ringing out and various mistakes were made and liquids were spilled.

It was a good morning, but green eyes kept watching out for the newest person in the house, more than ready to greet him when he came out.

Rising after an unusual sleep in more comfort than he was used, getting up and out proved eventful. More if a struggle than before but he did rise.

Redressing in previous attire, he came out of the room only being greeted by the wonderful aromas that made his stomach growl with greed. The day was new meaning new encounters and experiences to he had.

Following his nose literally, he peeked around the corner listening to the bustling laughter and flurry of bodies, he stalled briefly. Was there this many people usually? Seemed very lively and very inviting.

Still he knocked his knuckles to the side making it evident he was there. "Good morning," softer less formal bow, he tucked his hands under his arms keeping from touching anything.

Green eyes lit up at catching sight of the elf and Athwyn smiled brightly. "Good morning! Did you sleep well?" She didn't wait for a response, full of energy and half-distracted by the pans and food in front of her, flipping a few pancakes before she looked back to Danny and held up hands flour-covered a powdered white. "Hope you like bread!" She turned back just in time to get a glob of whip-cream on the nose from another servant, a girl a bit older than her and they both laughed before going back to the cooking food.

Two more servants were setting the table with simple silverware and Athwyn wiped her hands - and her nose - off before approaching Danny, tucking her hair behind her ears. "These are some of the other servants. Those two with the red hair, the half-wolves, are the twins Jaco and Navo. They usually work out in the stables. That tall nymph is Xenise, she's a maid and the two cooks are Madam Elenor and Mister Pachen."

Each servant gave a small dip of their head at being introduced and the two older ones, both elves, gave Danny studying looks. It was uncommon that they saw gremlin elves and while they were interested in that, they were also rather protective of Athwyn. She trusted far too easily and she'd had nothing but good to say about the tall elf, but she hardly had anything bad to say about the master either and they knew what kind of vampire he was.

It didn't hurt to be cautious.

Athwyn didn't seem to notice and looked up, green eyes meeting his yellow-violet. "Hungry?"

His mouth went to open giving her a cordial answer but found her bounding with energy that left little time for an exchange of conversation. That was fine though, he was keenly interested in watching her interactions with the other beings in the kitchen.

Everyone seemed to be busying themselves with something, enjoying the calm in the house as even he could tell that the absence of the vampire must have been lacking to put them all in a lively mood. He was not against this, that vampire... that creature was still a perturbing thought on his mind. He was thankful none of those lived in Naverir. Grinning with his mouth and eyes to her coming to approach him, hands sliding out from their resting place he looked to each of them being introduced. Each becoming more curious than the next besides the elves. Rather he seemed to give them more of a neutral look. He seen other elves before, they came down every so often to the city below the soil, looking for gems that had been dug up or relics that could be of questionable worth. They had been the ones to call his race gremlins, the ones who were nearly beneath their feet in more ways than one. But he wasn't one to judge solely because they were of the higher elven race, so he politely tipped his head to each.

Eyes exchanged with his own, them all easily forming preconceived notions about himself as he was trying not to do with them; Wyn caught his attention with those big green eyes. His stomach spoke for him, the sheepish grin touching his lips. "A mite, the house is coated in the wafting aroma of the hard work in here, made it easy to find I will admit but certainly, I'm hungry." he was a tad embarrassed but nothing too ridiculous, "Have you been working on this long?" he looked up from under his eyebrows to those around the kitchen, "Oh uh right," he bowed properly this time with the same etiquette he shown Antonio, though he doubted really he had to introduce himself to the rest having heard he was hear from either Wyn or the grape vine. "I am sure Wyn has said whom I am but just to be courteous for all you've done, I'm Danny." short nod and straightening out his shoulders, the smell was making him want to groan out loud with how wonderful it all smelt. Him and his appetite, all too famous and all too common.

Athwyn chuckled at the expression on his face when he looked toward the food and she took his arm, pulling him toward the table - though, she highly doubted he needed much prompting - and pointing to a chair with a smile. "We've been working on it all morning! It's fun, though. Vampires don't like food all that much, so we don't get to make this much food very often." She seemed absolutely excited by the fact and dashed away a moment later to help with something else as more and more food was set on the table, ready to be eaten.

Xenise chuckled, looking after the human and then to Danny. "So, I hear your met Mathea and ran into Athie. Literally. What, did Mathea scare you? Don't worry, she does that to everyone." That last part was chuckled out.

"Oh, don't speak of that horrid, bitter woman." Elenor scolded, placing the freshly baked bread on the table, smacking Navo's hand when he went for it. The half-wolf yelped slightly, ears coming back, but he took a seat next to his snickering twin at a firm look. Pachen chuckled, coming over and pulling Athwyn with him as she protested mildly, looking back toward the stove. "Come, Athie, it will be there when we're done."

Rolling her eyes, the white-haired human plopped down in a seat as everyone else did the same and Elenor gave a smile to all the faces looking at her as she seemed to be the head of the 'household'. "Go ahead."

"Dragon woman," he replied being directed to a chair, he nodded slowly. "I merely made a comment about the spots upon her upper lids of varying colour and wouldn't you know I was being chased. As I said to Wyn, I did not wish to see if she spewed fire." he threw a big absorbing eye to the food being put to the table with a grin, observing them all he chuckled. At least one seemed to agree of his uncertain taste for the one they called Mathea. "I had no intention of tumbling into anyone, though I am pleased it was Wyn and not someone far more willing to?" he stopped trying to think of the right words, "Pummel me into a fine pulp, yes?" that was correct right, he looked to Athwyn to see if that was right hearing one of the half wolves receiving a harsh slap to the hand for daring to eat before it was allowed.

Soon enough everyone was sitting down, seemingly as happy to have something to eat as he was to smell it, he threw a look to the one who apparently lead the group more than the others. She okayed them to eat so he did so. Well, his appetite finally shown its true course being move involved in eating that partaking in the spoils of conversation, he was apt to listen and learn. Though that seemed a little more difficult when everything tasted so good.

It took a little while for everyone to realize just how much Danny was consuming, but when they did, they watched him. It was discreet at first, of course, but Athwyn was the first to stop acting like she wasn't looking and simply watched the elf with wide green eyes that only grew wider with each helping. How did he eat that much?! Where was he putting it!? At one point the human leaned over in her chair just to make sure that his body wasn't somehow swelling like a snake's could to store everything he was consuming. But no, he was still as thin as ever. What was it then, a bottomless pit or a black-hole inside his stomach?

After a time Athwyn just started to keep track of the helpings until she got up to enough food to feed four large men and that's when she spoke, a smile pulling at her lips as she placed her chin in her hand, very suddenly looking her age as her green eyes twinkled with amusement. "Do you even taste it or do you just inhale?"

Everyone else laughed, but they were already rising from the table, taking their dishes with them and starting to clean up. Pachen and Elenor had other places to be and the twins had work to do outside. Xenise needed to get started on the rooms. They slowly trickled out, giving short goodbyes and Athwyn waved back, but continued to focus on Danny, still amazed by the sheer amount of food he was able to hide away. He must have a hollow leg!

"Did you like it?"

Clearing his throat thoroughly embarrassed at himself, he chuckled along easily looking shyly to the young human with her witty comment that had the rest of them laughing, he dipped his head forward a bit. "I little of both perhaps. It is hard to be... polite when you have done an extraordinary job with your friends at preparing and cooking such a delightful meal. I... suppose I was a little carried away."

Pushing away as he got up to clean his own dishes, he watched the others leave the room before he would lift his head up fully, to look at her. "It was better than I could have thought, I'd think my..." he coughed lightly, "Appetite speaks for itself."

Athwyn giggled at that last comment, washing her dish as well before she spoke again, giving him a glance. "You could have just been too hungry to care." One green eye winked before the white-haired woman dried her hands and moved toward her room grabbing her shoes and pulling them on, biting her lip thoughtfully for a moment as she debated whether she should actually go out again. Her master hadn't said she couldn't, but he'd not said she could either. But there was nothing to do in the house and besides, Danny would be leaving soon and she still had questions to ask him before she never saw him again!

The thought made her sadder than she thought she'd be and Athwyn shook it away, motioning for the tall elf to follow her as she led him out of the kitchen and toward the front door. "Come, I will show you more of the city. The festival is still going, too. It will last for three days so you came to Nymaya at a good time. It's fun this time of the year." They were walking down the street by that point, getting closer to the noise of the city and green eyes looked up at the elf again.

"What is the God's Gate and why do you want to find it? Is it far away?"

Finally a hearty chuckle came out of him giving her a full toothy grin, "I'm never too hungry to care, I am not a thing that just eats because it is convenient. Though important, I do savour more that it appears. All the different tastes and spices, I'd be a fool not to care." he'd clean up and stack his plate aside for it to air dry seeming to be looking around the kitchen and the detail work put into such a place. Everything here seemed so lavish, so intricate, and yet false. It wasn't warm like a home could be or even a hovel, it was merely for show. And he understood that.

She disappeared and reappeared so quickly that he hardly thought of her even moving. Throwing a look across both shoulders checking if she had just simply passed through the walls. She was beckoning to him as he happily followed along, acutely devoting a keen interest into her words and paying full focus to her face as well. "What is this festival about and why does it last so long? Why would there be such a big thing occurring now of all times? Is it custom for top siders to enjoy and bask in lavish festivals with wonders of what they are doing?" he liked how loud and busy it was, so many bodies being so active it was marvelous. No one seemed to mind what they were doing but rather loving the prospect of breaking out of routine.

Then she came back with her own questions, ones that he was surprised about. "I am not the only one who wants to find the god's gate. It is a part of all our histories, deep and wide, thin and sleek the god's gate was sealed many many ancient years ago by your race actually. Back when they were plenty and the mythics were not. The god of creation, Tharulin was sealed away for the humans did not believe they needed the watchful eye of their lord and bound his mortal body to chain and stone, creating an alter that would seal his essence in the other world of limbo and borders. Humans wanted to prosper with their own strength and the god allowed it. But now the world is unhappy, destructive and cruel. Your master is the pure ephiny of that." eyes turned upwards looking at the coloured streamers flying through the air to one building from another, stringing in the road way so light lanterns could be hung, he blinked in brilliance. Turning right around to walk backwards, his head way up; "I do not know where the god's gate is, but I heard it is close to the heart of Coli'lyn, far south into the swamps and deserts of the hot lands. Mere speculation but no better place to start searching. I want to find it like everyone else who is going to the state to find it because, the world needs to be balanced again. Tharulin needs to rule and help us as many races live in a prosperous lands. There is much hate and cruel ways in our time that should not be. As a follower of the faith, it is only right that I extend my abilities to find it. Plus," he grinned to her amused to everything around himself, "I get to explore all over the world. See things I never would have, met unique people and in turn have an adventure I would not have living in Naverir."

He jogged forward bouncing up and down looking over some of the gathering crowd to a pair of young acrobatics practicing in the street. "I want to see many things before my life becomes old and docile, I want to experience new and exciting ways and also strengthen my own resolve that this world is beautiful even when it is bleak." he looked to her, those violet eyes swimming in the pool of yellow sclera; he offered her a softer smile. "What about you Wyn? Do you find contentment in your life as you are now? Do you not want to grow and explore and expand your horizons?" his hands opened wide causing a few people to look at him, "You should come with me!" he blurted finding the idea very appealing, "I'd like that very much, having company that is friendly would be best. Yes?"

"It is the Trader's Festival and is really just an excuse to raise prices on everything and to draw in more commerce." Athwyn answered firstly, sounding like very much the young woman she was and then she shrugged and smiled, becoming young again. "It's a good time in the season for festivals. It's nearing the end of summer and into autumn, the crops have been gathered and the animals are fat and ready to be sold. People have lots of things to trade and we make it fun. I do not know if every city does this, but I do know that Nymaya celebrates every year."

That said, she listened to the story he told, finding that she felt suddenly very naive and sheltered. She'd never heard such stories, didn't know such history and it felt like a great fairytale, but Danny seemed so earnest and sure that she believed him without question. She also grabbed his shirt and jacket in a firm grip when he turned backward and pulled him along safe paths so he wouldn't end up like he'd been yesterday; upside down against a building. She paid little attention to the crowd herself, thinking over what she'd been told and marveling at it even as she had to wonder why Danny thought the vampire so evil. Was she missing something she should have known better about?

The sound of her name drew her back to his eyes and her own green ones blinked for a moment, lost and then brightening again as she registered his words, a smile touching her lips and then a laugh at his wide arms and words, one of which she reached up and took, pulling him with her. "Stop that!" she chided with amusement before releasing him again, continuing on their way. She thought about his questions and how to answer them. Part of her knew what she should say. It was the well-trained part and it was second-nature, but something else, a different part of her that had only gotten stronger as she got older was dying to be heard and Athwyn found herself answering completely honestly.

"I do not really know what contentment is, Danny. I have lived this way for as long as I can remember so I am used to it. I do not know if that is contentment, though, when I dream of leaving and seeing so many new things and visiting the places I have heard of. I think I would like to come with you, to see the world, but I do not think I can, though." She stopped at a stand of fabrics and let the red one slide through her fingers, loving the color. "I do not think I could come, Danny. My master would not like it."

And in her dreams, he always found her. She could never run far enough or hide well enough to escape him.

He listened to her speak though whether or not he valued what she said was another story. Keeping oddly silent he made an evident face if sour distaste to her words as if they were a bile. Moving along with, he peered around basking in this delighted weather and enjoyment. "What you speak of is not contentment but rather just surviving. Idly. Like a house plant. You live in the set environment because toy are used to it, not best you choose it. Instead you are falsely enjoying living in your little pot perhaps to small for your roots to grow, but living nonetheless. It is mindless, routine based and honestly," he threw her a lax stare hooded and bored, "droll yes?"

An eye to the red fabric she touched and Danny put his hands into his pockets at his hips. "I cannot sway you and I would not because it is not my place to do so, but I may still speak my peace and that to what you know is of proper well manners and what is true experience." a finger lifted, "Consider your day, living through wishes of a master and how you experience everyday. Routine, expected," violet eyes looked bored again, "nothing new and nothing from said plant to grow from. But choosing to follow one owns wishes and go beyond what is expected if each day, your kind grows and you shape your very existence beyond what is to be." he rambled on. "One may never grow if they do not go beyond what is. Do you not see that in time, your little life dedicated to that if a master may be the only thing you have? And will you ve happy when you are old and gray looking back into your past and believe you made the right choices." a tap to his temple. "If I were you, I would not. But we are not the same, I do not follow others and I do not latch my life to another to hold. It is your choice of course Wyn, but you ought to make choices because you want too, not because tg master may not approve."

Status
Not open for further replies.