Torn between two Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ailina tried to quickly grab Valen's hand in order to stop him. "And then what? We will have more people after us that wants vengeance on us for what happened to their friends? Vengeance only breeds vengeance and even though I understand that you must be hurting, you have to understand that what you want to do is only going to breed more trouble for us. I promise that you will get justice for what happened to Algarth, but nod is not the time." She said as she looked up at him with a sad frown.

He sighed not wanting to admit that she was right but she was. Deep down he knew that he wasn't that sort of elf. He wasn't the bloodthirsty vengeance seeking elf. He looked at her she needed to hear that he understood what she was saying. "You're right but we need to at least bury him and that could take a bit." He knew that Algarth always kept a spade by the bar just in case of some drunken brawl. "We can't leave his body here to simply rot."

"Of course. You bring him outside and I will start digging in the meantime, I suspect you want to say your final goodbye to him." She said as she inclined her head and then went outside. She soon found a shovel and she began digging a grave for Algarth and it took her a good few hours before she was done and she then sat down with dirt on her face and clothes. It wasn't as if she was unaffected by Algarth's death, quite the opposite. She knew quite well the feeling of losing someone you hold dear but she didn't know how she could comfort Valen in his time of sorrow. She pushed herself up to her feet and her arms were aching from all the digging.

Valen actually didn't have much to say as he looked at the corpse. He had said all he need in Algarth's life. He was just upset with how they ended their last conversation.
"Algarth I'm sorry I was harsh and rude. You deserved better company your entire life and I'm sorry for that. May the gods bless you so that you remain at rest and that you may walk among the heavens." He spoke silently then lifted Algarth's body to take it outside where Ailina was still digging. He laid the body down. "He was better mentor and friend then I could've asked for in all my youth." A finally smile slipped as memories flooded in but among them were the ones of his past. Something clouded over his mind protecting him from previous memories. He looked at Ailina. "Thank you." The hours passed as he wanted to help Ailina but she insisted that she dig. When she was complete Valen lowered Algarth's body to the ground and then turned to the inn.
"We should keep moving to try and reach Iverstid or at least come close to Iverstid by nightfall."

"It's the least I could do." She said with a gentle smile and she inclined her head, she covered the grave and then kneeled down as she placed her necklace on top of it before she stood up and then looked at Valen. She showed a small nod and she then tried to gently take his hand. "If you want, we can stay here for a little while." Said Ailina with a gentle voice. "It won't do any good if we're forced to fight while you may possibly still have a clouded mind from the grief."

He took her head and closed his eyes. "But this place will only keep that grief fresh in my mind." He looked at the grave and simply nodded. "I'll see you around old friend." He looked at Ailina and looked towards the road. "We should keep moving while we still have time."

She smiled gently and then showed a small nod. "Let us walk a bit then, hm?" She asked and she'd then start to walk while still holding his hand, it was the only way she knew that she could possibly be able to comfort him. Ailina looked towards the grave and then up at Valen as a small breeze passed by and she took a deep breath.

He walked next to her unsure of what to do. The breeze was comforting and he let out a sigh, "Yes a walk sounds nice." He closed his eyes just for a second and remembered his father and the war. He was angry and he wanted to kill the thieves but he couldn't really stay angry with her hand intermingled with his.

Ailina smiled as she walked with him and she squeezed his hand gently. Her eyes widened as a caravan passed them and she was pushed against Valen as the caravan bumped against her and she landed on top of him as they fell to the ground and she didn't manage to dampen the fall fast enough so her lips were pressed against his as she landed on him and her eyes widened while her cheeks turned crimson red as she laid on top of him, both shocked and dumbstruck.

He couldn't exactly understand what had happened. It was so fast one second they were walking and the next he was laying on the ground with her on top of him. He smiled slightly against her lips and his face was becoming red rather quickly as was hers. He enjoyed it slightly being his first kiss and all. It was weird that his first kiss would be like this but he enjoyed it nonetheless.

She blushed deeply and she looked down at Valen and she couldn't help but to smile as she noticed him smile once she snapped out of her thoughts and she then shut her eyes as she leaned closer to deepen the kiss while her hands clenched slightly on his chest.

He enjoyed the kiss and her hand on his chest. One hand wrapped around her waist and the other held hers tightly. He just enjoyed the kiss it was at the moment the very best thing he had ever felt but soon he realized he was going to be one of the first cross species relationships, and that very thought made everything feel that much better.

She squeezed his hand while she kissed him but when she realized what she was doing, she tried to gently pull back and she opened her eyes slowly as she then looked down at him when he was beneath her. "I.... I'm sorry! I didn't... mean to." She said and she swallowed once, she had stopped herself as she felt his arm around her waist. She didn't want to pull back, but at the same time, she didn't know if she had made him feel uncomfortable. Ailina could feel by the way he had kissed that he enjoyed it. But a part of her was still uncertain if she had done the right choice or not.

"Oh no it is fine. Sorry if you were uncomfortable." He leaned up and let go of her hand to scratch the back of his head nervously. "That, was, um, well say the least, um, fantastic, well for my first kiss anyway." His voice trailed off and he stared to the ground his face once again completely red from nervousness. He wasn't sure if she had felt the same thing he did but it felt good and he wanted to let her know so that were no doubts in her mind.

She blushed as she heard his words. "Th-That was your first kiss?" She asked and she sat up on her knees, now sitting straddled over him and she looked at him while she smiled. "It didn't make me uncomfortable, I was worried I had made you uncomfortable."

He chuckled slightly but his face remained bright red. "Yeah that was my first kiss, and it felt absolutely great. And no I'm fine I rather enjoyed kissing you." He sounded amazing but his head was spinning. The nervousness was kind of getting to him but soon everything returned to normal as he calmed down, and he looked up into her beautiful eyes. He couldn't resist her beauty very much straddling him only made her more beautiful as the sun glistened off her hair and made the perfect reflections off her skin. She truly was ultimately beautiful to him. "You're gorgeous." He said as he watched her every move with amazement.

Ailina let out a small "Eh?" In surprise and she then chuckled slightly while she smiled warmly as she looked down at him. "And you look handsome." She said gently as she leaned down to kiss his forehead before she stood up and then reached down her hand as an offer to help him up to his feet. "We should perhaps keep going, no?" She asked.

"Thanks." He smiled back at her and then took her hand so she could help him up. "Thanks and yes we should get going soon." He looked at her before he began walking off down the road heading to Iverstid.

She nodded once in agreement and then followed him as he walked, she looked around and took in the scenery while they walked and she smiled in a content manner. Ailina had never actually experienced a mutual kiss, only forced ones and she blushed slightly as she thought about the kiss that her and Valen shared and she looked at the ground in a thoughtful manner.

He tried to think about Iverstid but his thoughts were wandering about the kiss. It was his first and yet it seemed so fantastic. Perhaps that was what kisses were just little packages of greatness if enjoyed properly. Valen blushed slightly himself as he thought of Ailina again in all of her majestic beauty. He smiled and closed his eyes just for a second or as some would consider a slow blink, and imagined a life with her and that was really when it hit him. She was so much more frail then himself and she would die before he was even consider old. She'd be dying of age when he was entering his mid-life. He stopped and turned to her.
"Something most tragic just came to me in my thoughts."

Status
Not open for further replies.